UPDATED VIDEO & PICS: Nike Covert Drivers, Woods & Irons

HipCheck

[quote name='JaxBeachNole' timestamp='1352300249' post='5902831']
[quote name='TheU' timestamp='1352295430' post='5902545']
[quote name='SwooshLT' timestamp='1352292864' post='5902479']
[quote name='ufgatrs82' timestamp='1352259609' post='5901719']
Stop living in the past guys you haven't been relevant in years. Your part of the joke JV conference that is the acc and your more known for scandals and thugs than good football. Now can we get back to the ugly clubs.
[/quote]
Sorry to strike a nerve but just stating facts.....only one team wins a national championship each year......so the bragging rights in my mind isn't beating a rival, it is titles baby!

Obtw the COVERT is far from ugly!! Peace
[/quote]

Gator talkin about thugs...lol
[/quote]
a Cane braggin about championships is worse. Miami is in shambles, 20K fans, looming sanctions and postseason bans. They keep firing a coach and hiring a worse one, Coker to Shannon, Shannon to Golden, and prolly Golden to Joker Phillips. Canes talking about the championships they won is like a ND fan still clinging to the days of the Gipper.

And the Tour driver would look sweet with a Fuji TS in it, White shaft with a lil bit of red.
[/quote]

Two time Nole talkin smack......ok, first don't compare 100yrs ago to last 15-20yrs ...a small, private school without an on campus stadium or an alumni base in the 100's of thousands can't compare to the great state former girls school.....we are down yes but stop sounding like a jealous wannabe....

Back to your regularly schedule programming.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='csiachos' timestamp='1352301708' post='5902935']
Also, is there a pic of the Covert Tour 3 wood at address?
[/quote]

Frankly, I don't see much of anything on the Nike web site about this driver?
One would think it would be very well displayed at Nike.com with all the information about specs, shafts, etc. a person could want including lots of photos.

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

[quote name='SwooshLT' timestamp='1352301757' post='5902939']
Stop living in the past guys you haven't been relevant in years. Your part of the joke JV conference that is the acc and your more known for scandals and thugs than good football. Now can we get back to the ugly clubs.
[/quote]
Sorry to strike a nerve but just stating facts.....only one team wins a national championship each year......so the bragging rights in my mind isn't beating a rival, it is titles baby!

[/quote]

[/quote]
a Cane braggin about championships is worse. Miami is in shambles, 20K fans, looming sanctions and postseason bans. They keep firing a coach and hiring a worse one, Coker to Shannon, Shannon to Golden, and prolly Golden to Joker Phillips. Canes talking about the championships they won is like a ND fan still clinging to the days of the Gipper.

And the Tour driver would look sweet with a Fuji TS in it, White shaft with a lil bit of red.
[/quote]

Two time Nole talkin smack......ok, first don't compare 100yrs ago to last 15-20yrs ...a small, private school without an on campus stadium or an alumni base in the 100's of thousands can't compare to the great state former girls school.....we are down yes but stop sounding like a jealous wannabe....

[/quote]

your right they can't compare. UM is not down, they are really, really, really down... and falling down farther.

Nike

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

The reason the VRS and Limited are played are b/c they perform [b]AND[/b] look decent. Think about this and the trend thats happening with equipment/apparel.

Imagine a player that wears loudmouth golf apparell, nike/cobra clubs, and puma shoes. What do you get?.... Bozo with a golf club. [attachment=1411419:clown.jpg]

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1352295429' post='5902543']
[quote name='pga43' timestamp='1352295080' post='5902527']
[quote name='lenrex' timestamp='1352271741' post='5902207']
I'll bet the driver creates a lot of drag on your backswing on windy days. Looks good otherwise. Not too crazy about the red or swoosh.
[/quote]

Most players aren't trying to create clubhead speed on their backswing so the "drag" that you refer to will be a non issue.

Greg
[/quote]

I tend to believe that this was a bit tongue in cheek...
[/quote]

Not really, it bugs the hell out of me if I can feel and hear the wind messing with my driver in my backswing. What Greg said might be true for guys swinging under 90mph. But you have to take it back with a lot of momentum if you're trying to get an X shaft to load at the top of your swing. So I beg to differ. The back of my R11 isn't that aerodynamically smooth in the back and I can hear it making noise taking it back on windy days.

[quote name='lenrex' timestamp='1352304811' post='5903165']

Not really, it bugs the hell out of me if I can feel and hear the wind messing with my driver in my backswing. What Greg said might be true for guys swinging under 90mph. [size=6] But you have to take it back with a lot of momentum if you're trying to get an X shaft to load at the top of your swing[/size]. So I beg to differ. The back of my R11 isn't that aerodynamically smooth in the back and I can hear it making noise taking it back on windy days.
[/quote]

Really? Then maybe you need a stiff.

Not really, it bugs the hell out of me if I can feel and hear the wind messing with my driver in my backswing. What Greg said might be true for guys swinging under 90mph. But you have to take it back with a lot of momentum if you're trying to get an X shaft to load at the top of your swing. So I beg to differ. The back of my R11 isn't that aerodynamically smooth in the back and I can hear it making noise taking it back on windy days.
[/quote]

I'm not calling anybody a liar but I take the club back faster than anyone I know and my back swing speed doesn't reach 40 MPH. If you can get anywhere close to 90 MPH on your back swing I would love to see a video. Talk about getting quick.

[/quote]

I find it more productive to load the shaft on the downswing, rather than the backswing. But, to each his own.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1352309799' post='5903523']
[/quote]

I find it more productive to load the shaft on the downswing, rather than the backswing. But, to each his own.
[/quote]

Me too. I have an x and a slow take away.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

I'll bet the driver creates a lot of drag on your backswing on windy days. Looks good otherwise. Not too crazy about the red or swoosh.
[/quote]

Most players aren't trying to create clubhead speed on their backswing so the "drag" that you refer to will be a non issue.

Greg
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I love this forum, it makes me smile....

....and I love the new Nike and the swoosh.

[quote name='JaxBeachNole' timestamp='1352302693' post='5903001']
[quote name='SwooshLT' timestamp='1352301757' post='5902939']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

your right they can't compare. UM is not down, they are really, really, really down... and falling down farther.

Nike
[/quote]

Ok, ok you win.....truce....just friendly football banter...

[quote name='CDU' timestamp='1352257537' post='5901565']
[quote name='Georgie Z' timestamp='1352228424' post='5899629']
[quote name='CDU' timestamp='1352227186' post='5899531']
It's amusing reading all the posts about how that swoosh will be a distraction, the red crown is a bother. It's only a distraction if you let it be. Weak. Or should I say "weak minded"? It's just like draining free throws @ the line. You have all those fans (or haters) screamin', yelling and heckling, but you go 2 for 2 and get on with it. Ahhh, the power of the logo................
[/quote]

doubt you would be saying that if it wasn't nike.. and what does shooting free throws have to do with something you purchase with an ugly logo on it?
[/quote]
Actually, it wouldn't matter what logo would be on there (I'm playing a Ping driver BTW ). I don't let whatever is on the crown affect the way I should hit the ball nor do I care what marketing exec decided to put the swoosh in that location. That's just an excuse IMO. I'm not going to blame some marketing for me not hitting the ball correctly or not purchasing a certain club if the performance dictates.

And for your free throw question, no worries.
[/quote]

Who is blaming the ugly logo for hitting it poorly? It's not like this club is going to shave off 5 strokes compared to other drivers. You make it seem like this driver performs better than anything else out there... have you even hit it yet?

[quote name='H.A. Kerr' timestamp='1352322361' post='5904433']
I used to think nothing could be more annoying that folks who's personal self worth rests so heavily on the name brand they play that they resort to personal attacks on users of other brands.

Then came the college football talk.
[/quote]

Yeah, when your self esteem and happiness seems to be attatched to a brand, something might be wrong. When your identity is attatched to a bunch of kids playing football, something is definitely wrong.

Like other people in this thread I'm interested to see how the FW's and hybrids work from the turf when you start adding loft. I can see thin shots as a definite possibility.

Not about the brand it's about the trend of all the ridiculous colors. No one cares what you play but if you look like a clown u look like a clown. Would having the head black takeaway from the performance of the club, no and neither does having it red but it sure takes away from some who would purchase it otherwise. I'd bet money they make a black headed version it out sells this one 3 to 1.

[/quote]

Greg
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You can feel and hear the wind in your backswing?

That's impressive. I don't see the reason behind it but impressive nonetheless...

[quote name='ufgatrs82' timestamp='1352324181' post='5904573']
Not about the brand it's about the trend of all the ridiculous colors. No one cares what you play but if you look like a clown u look like a clown. Would having the head black takeaway from the performance of the club, no and neither does having it red but it sure takes away from some who would purchase it otherwise. I'd bet money they make a black headed version it out sells this one 3 to 1.
[/quote]

Then play PING and be done with it.

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1352324291' post='5904585']
[/quote]

Greg
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You can feel and hear the wind in your backswing?

That's impressive. I don't see the reason behind it but impressive nonetheless...
[/quote]

I know, seriously. If that's the case, you must really hate hitting your irons because those are by far the least aerodynamic clubs ever made. If you have a strong wind behind you, it must be absolute murder on your psyche when taking it back with your 5-iron.

[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1352302395' post='5902979']
[/quote]

One would think it would be very well displayed at Nike.com with all the information about specs, shafts, etc. a person could want including lots of photos.
[/quote]

I'm a fan of Nike Golf but good god their website is terrible. You would think that a multi-billion dollar company like Nike could do much better! It needs to be completely overhauled!

[quote name='novakjrp1' timestamp='1352325265' post='5904649']
[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1352302395' post='5902979']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm a fan of Nike Golf but good god their website is terrible. You would think that a multi-billion dollar company like Nike could do much better! It needs to be completely overhauled!
[/quote]

nikegolf.com If you seriously don't see the driver on that website...let's just say you might have some serious reasons to visit the doctor.

Just thinking off the top of my head here... Maybe being the marketing geniuses they are, Nike purposely put out a driver that would be polarizing (colorwise not performancewise) so that when it comes time for another product launch they can release it in black (or multiple colors) so that the consumer will then want to buy that. Kind of like getting playing lessons from a teaching pro... They aren't gonna give you everything the first time otherwise why would you come back?

[quote name='jwood2413' timestamp='1352326471' post='5904749']
Just thinking off the top of my head here... Maybe being the marketing geniuses they are, Nike purposely put out a driver that would be polarizing (colorwise not performancewise) so that when it comes time for another product launch they can release it in black (or multiple colors) so that the consumer will then want to buy that. Kind of like getting playing lessons from a teaching pro... They aren't gonna give you everything the first time otherwise why would you come back?
[/quote]

I disagree. I think Nike wants the immediate product and brand recognition that TM has with white.

[quote name='ufgatrs82' timestamp='1352303959' post='5903107']
The reason the VRS and Limited are played are b/c they perform [b]AND[/b] look decent. Think about this and the trend thats happening with equipment/apparel.

Imagine a player that wears loudmouth golf apparell, nike/cobra clubs, and puma shoes. What do you get?.... Bozo with a golf club. [attachment=1411419:clown.jpg]
[/quote]

LOL........most likely. However, Bozo probably has a game to go with it as well.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response