Equipment “Free Agents” who’s on the move?

rsjdp

[quote name='thatboygaule' timestamp='1381682420' post='7995239']
[quote name='tommyrobson' timestamp='1381680503' post='7995105']
Pablo Larrazabal is playing callaway now..
watching the portugal masters today, and he is no longer with titleist.
[/quote]

He is playing callaway all year
[/quote]

woops my bad...

sorry guys

[size=4][font=georgia,serif][b]Taylormade[/b] R1 w/ Aldila Voodoo 10*
[b]Cleveland[/b] Classic 15.5* w/ Matrix Ozik
[b]Adams [/b]DHY 20* with Aerotech Steelfiber
[b]Ping [/b]S57's w/ S300 4-W [/font][/size]
[b][font=georgia, serif]Cleveland[/font][/b][color=#010101][font=georgia, serif] 588's 52, 56, 60[/font][/color]
[size=4][font=georgia,serif][b]Kenny Giannini[/b] G2 Chubby [/font][/size]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='puttagain' timestamp='1382198160' post='8026359']
Anyone know anything about Sned's B-stone contract?
[/quote]

I could see him as a TM guy, anyone have any info?

[color=#008000][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 913D2 8.75* w/ Diamana Blue S[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 913F 16.5* w/ Diamana Blue S[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping Anser 20* w/ TCF 800 s[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron w/ KBS C TAPER LITE X
Mizuno MP5 4-PW w/ KBS C TAPER LITE X
Titleist SM6 52* KBS TOUR 90 S
Titleist SM6 58* STOCK
Odyssey #7[/font][/size][/color]

The reason college football coaches are able to leave these contracts for a better job is the threat that if they're forced to stay, they'll just run your program into the ground. Of course, if they're fired before the contract expires, they still get paid for the remaining years. I consider this a ridiculous policy. It leads to a coach recruiting young men to a school, then potentially leaving for a "better job" just one month later. (See: Kiffin, Lane.)

This also leads to coaches holding up a school for ransom. Coach "A" has an unexpectedly good season and even though he's under contract, he's now mentioned as a candidate for bigger jobs. In order for his school to keep him , they must offer a contract extension with a healthy raise.

I wish schools would show some backbone and simply make it clear that at the signing of a contract the coach would be fully expected to fulfill that agreement? Want to leave before your time is up? Uh no, sorry.... you're staying for the full term. Sure, you can do a half-a** job and we can still fire you but you'll still get paid. And wind up working nowhere.

Pro golfers' endorsement contracts are much more iron-clad. Although Titleist willing shed Phil Mickelson when he started talking up Callaway equipment, most deals are such that the players want to stay until the end of the term.

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1381359909' post='7978011']
[quote name='pappaf2' timestamp='1381358863' post='7977895']
[quote name='mack_n_rolla' timestamp='1381358130' post='7977831']
[quote name='MizunoJunky' timestamp='1381355075' post='7977571']
[quote name='mack_n_rolla' timestamp='1381354179' post='7977499']
Adam Scott to TM. Almost a done deal.
[/quote]

Really? That would be weird to see
[/quote]

Well, Rose is joining Blue Ribbon Sports and TM is looking to "replace" him.
[/quote]

Are you saying that Justin Rose is going to Nike?
[/quote]
Would be shocked if this happened.
[/quote]

exactly, he just gained all that ball speed with the new SLDR fw's.......it said so in the video. :)

Adams Speedline Launch Lab 9.5*, Adams 9064LS 9.5*, TM Jetspeed 10.5*, PING G20 9.5*
TM Jetspeed 3HL, PING G20 16.5*, TM Jetspeed 5HL 
Ping I3+ Blades 3-LW
Callaway Raxr X Tour- #2, 3 & 4 hybrids
Callaway I-Trax, Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

[quote name='pga43' timestamp='1381430535' post='7982203']
[quote name='storm319' timestamp='1381372104' post='7979077']
[quote name='pga43' timestamp='1381359413' post='7977949']
[quote name='mack_n_rolla' timestamp='1381354179' post='7977499']
[/quote]

Seeing as how Adam just re-signed not thinking he will be leaving Titleist anytime soon. This is sort of like the rumor that Rory was going to Taylor-Made a few years ago.
[/quote]

Rory did break his deal with Oakley to sign with Nike this year (still in litigation with Oakley) and just broke his deal with Horizon Sports Management. I agree that these are likely just rumors but you never know.
[/quote]

I know what Rory ended up doing but my reference was every time one of these threads pops up, Taylor-Made is in the lead to snag a top player. We were assured by a WRX member that he was in the know and Rory had indeed signed with T/M.

That never happened and I don't see Adam being the type of player who would consider "painting his face" for anyone. Not sure why the Koreans (I'm assuming that would mean Fila) would be upset with AS and his apparel deal. Most of the Titliest staff guys have separate clothing deals.

Greg
[/quote]

and i'm probably just naive but i always thought of AS with Titleist as the perfect player/maker combo. i could see him being the loyal type for sure.

Adams Speedline Launch Lab 9.5*, Adams 9064LS 9.5*, TM Jetspeed 10.5*, PING G20 9.5*
TM Jetspeed 3HL, PING G20 16.5*, TM Jetspeed 5HL 
Ping I3+ Blades 3-LW
Callaway Raxr X Tour- #2, 3 & 4 hybrids
Callaway I-Trax, Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

[quote name='BenSeattle' timestamp='1382451311' post='8039671']
The reason college football coaches are able to leave these contracts for a better job is the threat that if they're forced to stay, they'll just run your program into the ground. Of course, if they're fired before the contract expires, they still get paid for the remaining years. I consider this a ridiculous policy. It leads to a coach recruiting young men to a school, then potentially leaving for a "better job" just one month later. (See: Kiffin, Lane.)

This also leads to coaches holding up a school for ransom. Coach "A" has an unexpectedly good season and even though he's under contract, he's now mentioned as a candidate for bigger jobs. In order for his school to keep him , they must offer a contract extension with a healthy raise.

I wish schools would show some backbone and simply make it clear that at the signing of a contract the coach would be fully expected to fulfill that agreement? Want to leave before your time is up? Uh no, sorry.... you're staying for the full term. Sure, you can do a half-a** job and we can still fire you but you'll still get paid. And wind up working nowhere.

Pro golfers' endorsement contracts are much more iron-clad. Although Titleist willing shed Phil Mickelson when he started talking up Callaway equipment, most deals are such that the players want to stay until the end of the term.
[/quote]

So true regarding the coaches and their contracts. The school is usually the one getting hosed. Kiffin was pretty bad and Petrino was awful as well. Professional player contracts are a little bit better, but not all that much regarding football. For example, I heard a stat the other day that Russel Wilson, RGIII, and Andrew Luck are making, combined, a fraction of what Matt Flynn is making. Flynn is being paid something like $14M because he had ONE good game...and I think it was a Week 17 game as well when Rodgers was resting. What a joke. Now he's been beaten out by Wilson and Pryor, lol.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1382454176' post='8039917']

[/quote]

So true regarding the coaches and their contracts. The school is usually the one getting hosed. Kiffin was pretty bad and Petrino was awful as well. Professional player contracts are a little bit better, but not all that much regarding football. For example, I heard a stat the other day that Russel Wilson, RGIII, and Andrew Luck are making, combined, a fraction of what Matt Flynn is making. Flynn is being paid something like $14M because he had ONE good game...and I think it was a Week 17 game as well when Rodgers was resting. What a joke. Now he's been beaten out by Wilson and Pryor, lol.
[/quote]

This is how Kirk Ferentz is getting paid $3.9m a year. He kept interviewing with NFL teams and Iowa thought that meant he was actually a good coach so they kept dumping money at him. He certainly isn't getting paid for winning a ton of games and championships. 2 split big ten titles in 14 years and a ton of middle of the road finished and mediocre football teams doesn't warrant being the 6th highest paid coach in college football.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1382464038' post='8040687']
[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1382454176' post='8039917']

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is how Kirk Ferentz is getting paid $3.9m a year. He kept interviewing with NFL teams and Iowa thought that meant he was actually a good coach so they kept dumping money at him. He certainly isn't getting paid for winning a ton of games and championships. 2 split big ten titles in 14 years and a ton of middle of the road finished and mediocre football teams doesn't warrant being the 6th highest paid coach in college football.
[/quote]

he is no Urban Meyer that's for sure. OH! IO!

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

[/quote]

Coaches also have buyouts

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='mack_n_rolla' timestamp='1382504068' post='8044249']
[quote name='cinnepa' timestamp='1382451964' post='8039715']
exactly, he just gained all that ball speed with the new SLDR fw's.......it said so in the video. :)
[/quote]

FYI, he has an endorsement contract with TM at the moment. Of course he's going to say that.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that is why he posted the smiley face.

[quote name='madjsp' timestamp='1382546405' post='8046223']
[quote name='mack_n_rolla' timestamp='1382504068' post='8044249']
[quote name='cinnepa' timestamp='1382451964' post='8039715']
[/quote]

FYI, he has an endorsement contract with TM at the moment. Of course he's going to say that.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that is why he posted the smiley face.
[/quote]

Good call and I'm pretty sarcastic sometimes and I didn't catch it. I guess this cinnepa is sarcastic-IER.

Rory sabbatinni leave Taylor Made? Looked as if his caddy had a Wilson Staff bag.

Edit: never mind, must not have been his caddy. Just saw Rory putt with a Spider blade wearing a SLDR hat.

In the Bag:

Driver: 10.5 Epic Speed Graphite Design AD-ITZ 60

Fairway Wood: 15 Epic Speed Graphite Design AD-ITZ 70

Fairway Wood: 19 Epic Flash Tensei Blue 75

Irons: Apex Pro '19 4-AW, Aerotech Steelfiber 95

Wedges: 54 MD4 and 58 '19 PM Grind 

Grips: Tour Velvet Jumbo

Putter: Odyssey MXM 9 HT

Balls: Chrome soft Triple Track

I am not under contract at this point.

I have some 67s but they are getting to be a bit of work. If any Titleist reps out here, I'll make some time to try the satin mbs that AS has or even AP2s (but probably need the shafts tipped a few inches to keep the traj from ballooning)

And I think I could part with my x460, heard Callaway has a meteorite composite crown driver/Bufuki kevlar shaft. I would like to try on Trackman.

PM me for details.

[quote name='Thunder Dan' timestamp='1381510487' post='7987469']
[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1381348041' post='7977005']
I can see AS leaving Titleist when his contract is up
seems to be the norm for Titleist players that "make a name" or "become a big deal" .. aka Tiger, Phil, Rickie, Rory etc ..
Unfortunately companies like Nike & TM have DEEP pockets and Titleist just cant or wont match those offers
[/quote]

Titleist has deep pockets, they just choose to let the clubs to the talking because of who they market to. They don't market to the weekend golfer like Nike and TM do.

Titleist lost Rory, Watney, Noh & Stanley to Nike this year, and I would argue that 2013 couldn't have gone any better for them even if those guys were on staff. The publicity of the Rory switch is the best marketing Titleist could get[quote name='mack_n_rolla' timestamp='1381354179' post='7977499']
[/quote]

Well, he will no longer be the best dressed golfer in those Taylormade get-ups and bucket hats.

Thank god this isn't true
[/quote]
[quote name='Thunder Dan' timestamp='1381510487' post='7987469']
[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1381348041' post='7977005']
I can see AS leaving Titleist when his contract is up
seems to be the norm for Titleist players that "make a name" or "become a big deal" .. aka Tiger, Phil, Rickie, Rory etc ..
Unfortunately companies like Nike & TM have DEEP pockets and Titleist just cant or wont match those offers
[/quote]

Titleist has deep pockets, they just choose to let the clubs to the talking because of who they market to. They don't market to the weekend golfer like Nike and TM do.

Titleist lost Rory, Watney, Noh & Stanley to Nike this year, and I would argue that 2013 couldn't have gone any better for them even if those guys were on staff. The publicity of the Rory switch is the best marketing Titleist could get[quote name='mack_n_rolla' timestamp='1381354179' post='7977499']
[/quote]

Well, he will no longer be the best dressed golfer in those Taylormade get-ups and bucket hats.

Thank god this isn't true
[/quote]
You need to get real. Acushnet has spent more dollars in promo, ads and marketing than any other OEM for golf until 2 and a half years ago when TMAG caught up and passed them. Now Nike has moved into the neighborhood with the Rory signing. The money Acushnet is spending is more directed to what they are making money on and selling, which is golfballs, shoes and gloves. The club segment is a drain on the bottom line! But somehow some people think that the Titleist club business is more than it is. Their best return in this area is on putters and wedges. Irons, woods, and utilities are the worst part of their business. Their R&D dept for clubs is not what a Kool-Aid drinker would think or want.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

I'm a huge Fourteen fan but yet all their staffers are only using wedges/bag/hat from what I have seen. Don't know if any of their guys are hitting their woods either & nobody but Ko in hitting their driver. I've know Chad Collins since Hooters Tour & he's ways gamed Mizuno irons so no surprise there, I just can't believe nobody's hitting the FH1000 irons as those are QUALITY. Got a set to toy with & they're beautiful... Just can't wait to shaft them up & hit'em, only 4/5 more weeks I think before I can start hitting balls again (elbow surgery).

𝗦ᴜɴ𝗧ʀᴜsᴛ 𝗧ᴀᴍᴘᴀ 𝗕ᴀʏ 𝗣ʀᴏ/𝗔ᴍ 𝗣ʀᴏғᴇssɪᴏɴᴀʟ 𝗖ʜᴀᴍᴘɪᴏɴ (-𝟭𝟮/𝟮𝟬𝟭)

68A7239E-AAC2-4873-AAB4-79AB07381822.png.1162e21eb149e0d7ca8526c3ec552f4c.png

DRIVER: 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ 𝗤𝗶𝟭𝟬 𝗟𝗦 𝟴° 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗚𝗞 𝗫𝗫

3 WOOD: 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ 𝗤𝗶𝟭𝟬 𝟭𝟰.𝟱° 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗙𝗪 𝗦ᴇᴠᴇɴ 𝗫

5 WOOD: 𝗖ᴏʙʀᴀ 𝗥ᴀᴅ𝗦ᴘᴇᴇᴅ 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝟭𝟵° 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗙𝗪 𝗦ᴇᴠᴇɴ 𝗫

IRONS: 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ ᴘ𝟳𝟱𝟬 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏ 𝟯ɪ 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗛ʏʙʀɪᴅ 𝟭𝟬𝟬 𝗫,𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ ᴘ𝟳𝟱𝟬 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏ 𝟰ɪ/ᴘ𝟳ᴛᴡ 𝟱ɪ-𝗣𝗪 𝗡ɪᴘᴘᴏɴ 𝗡.𝗦. 𝗣ʀᴏ 𝗠ᴏᴅᴜs 𝟭𝟬𝟱 𝗫

WEDGES: 𝗧ɪᴛʟᴇɪsᴛ 𝗩ᴏᴋᴇʏ 𝗦𝗠𝟭𝟬 𝟱𝟰°𝗙 𝗥ᴀᴡ/𝗧ɪᴛʟᴇɪsᴛ 𝗩ᴏᴋᴇʏ 𝗦𝗠𝟵 𝟱𝟴°𝗩 𝗥ᴀᴡ 𝗡ɪᴘᴘᴏɴ 𝗡.𝗦. 𝗣ʀᴏ 𝗠ᴏᴅᴜs 𝟭𝟮𝟬 𝗫

PUTTER: 𝗕ʏʀᴏɴ 𝗠ᴏʀɢᴀɴ 𝗗𝗛𝟴𝟵 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗪ᴇʟᴅᴇᴅ 𝗙ʟᴏᴡ 𝗡ᴇᴄᴋ 𝟯𝘅 𝗕ʟᴀᴄᴋ

[quote name='Rob G 89' timestamp='1382206400' post='8026839']
You guys talk about contracts but in other sports coaches break contracts all the time to get other jobs. Can't these guy sever theses contracts at anytime to switch brands?
[/quote]

When's the last time you saw a player break a contract to go to another team? Or a pro coach, for that matter?

College is a little different in that so much is expected of a college coach - not only coaching but also recruiting, schmoozing with alumni - that one with an attitude problem can really wreck a program as was pointed out. But those coaches now also have buyout clauses, and no doubt some conduct clauses as well.

Realistically there are....7 companies that provide a substantial amount of resources to consider a player on their "staff," right?

Given that, is it realistic that we will see much if any moving around of brands in the coming years? But that may just be my ignorance, because I couldn't tell you how many actual equipment providers there were say in 1978. Was it any differen than today? I'm guessing not really.

How about Graham Delaet?

[url="http://scoregolf.com/blog/rick-young/2013/september/heading-to-the-market"]http://scoregolf.com/blog/rick-young/2013/september/heading-to-the-market[/url]
[quote]
DeLaet's deals with Titleist, FootJoy, Sligo, Oakley and BMW all end December 31st, 2013

That being said who else will go hard after the free agent beyond his current sponsors? Expect Cobra-PUMA Golf to be frontrunners in trying to woo DeLaet into its equipment and apparel, respectively. Nike Golf will likely kick the Canadian's tires for one of its strategic head-to-toe agreements and never count out TaylorMade-adidas Golf, which would probably love to add a player such as DeLaet to its endorsement staff.

[/quote]

Personally I think Cobra/Puma would be a good fit for him. He likes to wear colorful clothes and he could continue to use a ProV1.

[quote name='pappaf2' timestamp='1383005591' post='8071115']
How about Graham Delaet?

[url="http://scoregolf.com/blog/rick-young/2013/september/heading-to-the-market"]http://scoregolf.com...g-to-the-market[/url]
[quote]
DeLaet's deals with Titleist, FootJoy, Sligo, Oakley and BMW all end December 31st, 2013

That being said who else will go hard after the free agent beyond his current sponsors? Expect Cobra-PUMA Golf to be frontrunners in trying to woo DeLaet into its equipment and apparel, respectively. Nike Golf will likely kick the Canadian's tires for one of its strategic head-to-toe agreements and never count out TaylorMade-adidas Golf, which would probably love to add a player such as DeLaet to its endorsement staff.

[/quote]

Personally I think Cobra/Puma would be a good fit for him. He likes to wear colorful clothes and he could continue to use a ProV1.
[/quote]

With the way he is playing he shouldn't change anything.

[quote name='Golfingnutter' timestamp='1383047444' post='8072757']
i bet Rory wishes he can go back to Titleist! Stay where you are Scotty
[/quote]

I'll bet he doesn't and has 25 million reasons(or whatever his Nike contract is) a year to not want to.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

ping just tweeted billy ho reupped. good for him, thought he had a great year.

Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
Site: [url="http://www.thebottomgroove.com/"]www.thebottomgroove.com[/url]

WITB:
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind
Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)

For all you Nike haters out there here's a little something to stir you up even more so. I know a lot of you won't be able to sleep tonight.

Asked if it was the best ball-driver combination he has had all season, McIlroy thought for a moment and replied, ''It's the best ball-driver I've ever had.''

''It's the highest ball speed I ever got - 184 mph ball speed, which is high,'' he said. ''This is the first year I comfortably going into the 180s in all speed, and this has upped it again. I feel comfortable with it. And the most comforting thing is I'm swinging the club well.''

Your welcome!!!!!