3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    5 Wood: 909 F2 18.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: 816 H1 21 & 25 - Blueboard
    Irons 6-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Mil-Spec

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/
  • teezoidteezoid Members Posts: 350
    These are super sweet irons. I have a set of these very similar except have paint fill in green to match the ferules I had custom on the irons.

DW grinds, beautiful... but, they really do require precision to hit them properly. Unfortunately, I really do not have the game to play them, but they do look great in the bag!

I had them custom made and DW ground with DW stamps back when this was Scratch Golf.
  • easylittle5woodeasylittle5wood Members Posts: 1,211 ✭✭
    Wedges have green ringed ferrules? Very MacGregoresque.
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,126 ✭✭
    There is a putter on Ian Raybon’s Instagram page with the Dufner Foundation and the NCW logo on it.
    Cobra F9 Tour Length
    2016 TM M1 T3 12.5°
    TEE CBX 119 16° hybrid
    Cobra F9 4 Iron Ricke Special
    Miura CB57 5-PW
    Vokey SM4 52°/ Cleveland RTX 2.0 Raw 56°/ Vokey Proto 60°
    Odyssey Armlock
  • Cheesehead42Cheesehead42 Members Posts: 677 ✭✭

No, orange and blue. Auburn colors.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]WITB:[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PING G400 LST 8.5 Kuro Kage 60g X-Flex[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC FliHi Px LZ 6.5 2 iron[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC 3i-PW Modus3 120 X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno S18 Wedges: 49,53,59 Modus3 120 X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Custom Black Lab Flow Neck Putter[/font]
  • Bdmac79Bdmac79 Members Posts: 919 ✭✭
    Looks as if he may be testing a TS (might be in the bag in today's additional photos), along with a plethora of other Ping woods? Greg - can you confirm?
    TS3/9.5/Tensei Pro Blue 60
    TS2/15/Tour AD-DI 7
    913H.d/18/Tour AD-DI 85
    MP-18 Fli Hi 3/Tour AD 95
    MP-18 4-PW/PX LZ
    SM7 Raw 52.8F/PX LZ
    SM7 Raw 58.8M/PX LZ
    SC Circle T NP2 Custom
    Pro V1
  • pga43pga43 GolfWRX.com's Tour Photographer Nashville,_ TNMarshals Posts: 9,272 mod
    dlygrisse wrote:

Anyone know what the letters stand for?

I shot his back up set today on the True Temper van and arranged the clubs so you can read what they say. Frank E D for his father

Greg
    GolfWRX.com
    twitter @gdm43pga
  • bladehunterbladehunter Rain rain go the hell away ! south carolinaMembers Posts: 26,793 ✭✭
    elwhippy wrote:

They may be hand ground but the standard of workmanship is pretty amateurish. Give me a set of MP18s any time.

Huh? I mean huh ?

Are you comparing the work of an 11 year old Chinese kid to Don White ? ..,, wow !
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21 ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-pw  Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • rex235rex235 ClubWRX Posts: 3,997 ClubWRX
    "They may be hand ground but the standard of workmanship is pretty amateurish. Give me a set of MP18s any time."

Whippy-

Step right on up to the lathe....

• rymail00rymail00 Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭
    grm24 wrote:

rymail00 wrote:

blink3665 wrote:

Wow. Those irons are pure. The sole grinds... That heel relief!

But that other guy was right. Totally amateur hour. I think I could do that in my mom's basement. /s

Can't tell if your joking or not?

Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Curtis Strange etc. seemed to play pretty well with these "amateur" looking hand ground clubs, and from what I've heard those guys were decent golfers. image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />

/S = sarcasm

I gave a like to your comment because I didn't know "/s" equals sarcasm. There was another post like the one I commented on and not sure if that was meant to be sarcasm too, I figured it wasn't. I'm 36 years old but for me to pretend I understand all the internet shorthand....well I don't understand most of it image/dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' /> .

So with that I apologize to the poster blink3665, sorry man my bad image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' /> .
    rymail00 2018 WITB http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
    Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
    Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
    Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
    Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer)

Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper
    C&L CL1 368g
    Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style
  • DoyouevenbladeDoyouevenblade Members Posts: 179 ✭✭
    The irons and wedges are the show stoppers...but is that a 7 wood in the bag?
  • wolfpackwolfpack Members Posts: 2,636
    edited Jun 12, 2018 #73
    Yes Duff hits a low ball, always has. One of the reasons for the flighted muscle in the irons, AMT shafts and a 7 wood.
    Cobra Bio Cell 11*
    F6 Baffler 17.5
    Hibore Hybrid 22*
    850 Forged 5-GW
    MP-T10 54, EYE 2 61
    Odyssey 7
  • exitlowandleftexitlowandleft Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Onset in the wedges...don’t see that too often...that’s dope y’all!!!
  • ianraybonianraybon Spam Posts: 29

There is a putter on Ian Raybon's Instagram page with the Dufner Foundation and the NCW logo on it.

The putters were made as part of a collaboration between ourselves at Raybon Putters , and Ari Techner at NCW. Two very different specs. Aesthetically they're very similar head shapes, but they weigh in 100g different to each other, one will be heavily counter-weighted.

This was a last minute request, from the middle of last week, he should receive them Wednesday morning, most likely too late for him to get any meaningful testing done, and therefore probably not going to be in the bag for the Open, but, you never know.
  • MickVinerMickViner BrisbaneMembers Posts: 19 ✭✭
    These remind me of my old Maxfli Pro Specials from the early 90's, still have them too, maybe i should bust them out
  • blink3665blink3665 #TwistFaceExperience Members Posts: 6,084 ✭✭
    rymail00 wrote:

grm24 wrote:

rymail00 wrote:

blink3665 wrote:

Wow. Those irons are pure. The sole grinds... That heel relief!

But that other guy was right. Totally amateur hour. I think I could do that in my mom's basement. /s

Can't tell if your joking or not?

Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Curtis Strange etc. seemed to play pretty well with these "amateur" looking hand ground clubs, and from what I've heard those guys were decent golfers. image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />

/S = sarcasm

I gave a like to your comment because I didn't know "/s" equals sarcasm. There was another post like the one I commented on and not sure if that was meant to be sarcasm too, I figured it wasn't. I'm 36 years old but for me to pretend I understand all the internet shorthand....well I don't understand most of it image/dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' /> .

So with that I apologize to the poster blink3665, sorry man my bad image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' /> .

No hard feelings. As a 37 yo I learned what '/s' meant about a year ago... So it seems you're on track. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Srixon z785 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65 / / Taylormade M4 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
    Taylormade M3 HL MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
    Taylormade M4 19* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
    Taylormade M4 22* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (39.75")
    Srixon 545 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Modus3 120s - Best Grips Classic
    Cleveland CBX 48* +1* loft - -0.75" - 2* flat
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 54* mid, 58* xlow -0.75" - 2* flat // TM Hi Toe 58* 2* flat
    Slighter Proto 1 - #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
    Odyssey OWorks 2ball - 32"
    GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag (White) / Nike HyperAdapt

WITB Link
  • moonshinemoonshine 64 @ Augusta? No problem! North Charleston, SCClubWRX Posts: 6,356 ✭✭

elwhippy wrote:

They may be hand ground but the standard of workmanship is pretty amateurish. Give me a set of MP18s any time.

Huh? I mean huh ?

Are you comparing the work of an 11 year old Chinese kid to Don White ? ..,, wow !

Dang u went there?
    "We have learned that we must
    live as men, not as ostriches, nor
    as dogs in the manger." FDR
  • avg_josephavg_joseph Members Posts: 488 ✭✭

Irons are Auburn Theme, Wedges are certainly Green...

• Cheesehead42Cheesehead42 Members Posts: 677 ✭✭
    avg_joseph wrote:

Good catch. Can't argue that!
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]WITB:[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PING G400 LST 8.5 Kuro Kage 60g X-Flex[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC FliHi Px LZ 6.5 2 iron[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC 3i-PW Modus3 120 X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno S18 Wedges: 49,53,59 Modus3 120 X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Custom Black Lab Flow Neck Putter[/font]
  • Vanderslam9Vanderslam9 Members Posts: 111
    Duff seriously needs help with the flatstick
    Ping G30 Driver
    Tour Edge Exotics 3W
    Tour Edge Exotics Driving Iron
    Bridgestone J15 4-PW
    Fourteen Wedge (52, 56, 60)
    Ping Ketsch
  • bulldog8bbulldog8b Members Posts: 939 ✭✭
    What does the D stand for on the wedge and the DW on the heel of the clubs?
  • mesegrnmesegrn mesegrn Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭
    Don White is the DW, master craftsman. His clubs spell FRANKED from 4-pw. His Dads name was Frank Edwards.
  • awtryau89awtryau89 Members Posts: 1,223 ✭✭
    Did Duf officially put the Ping G400 into play this week or stick with the Titleist?
  • Ben BerubeBen Berube Benny B Members Posts: 2,590 ✭✭
    I could have sworn I saw the Titleist, but not positive..

For ayon who has issues with offset (like me), onset irons are just amazing. Takes a little to get used to them but higher flights and no death hooks.
    WITB (for this week =)
    - TI R15 430 / 12* w/ Kyoshi Limited 65/04
    - TI SLDR Mini 16* w/ Tp6HD 
    -TI Proto Dhy Pro 21* / 18* hybrids w/Matrix Tour White/Black Ties 2*up
    -Cleveland CG1 Tours w/ Project X 6.0 / +3/4” / 2* up
    -TI Clevland Cg10 Tour grinds 54/60* w/TI400 / 2* up
    -Putter - revolving door still - Spider Tour DB/ Dbl ball Fange S / Monte Carlo CS
    Testing - Everything and Anything to try and improve. Golf is all what you make of it. 

***always up for trades***
  • puresurfrpuresurfr Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭

avg_joseph wrote:

Good catch. Can't argue that!

I wonder if that is a photography effect.....His backup irons and wedges all have Auburn color ferrules.
  • DizzDizz J.W. Members Posts: 14,258
    edited Jun 15, 2018 #87
    Jason has had the G400 MAX in play since at least Zurich... which was the tournament he played before The Players. He has had it in play since... at The Players, The Memorial and now the US Open. I just did a quick search on Getty and the images confirm.

For some reason I can't post links in here but if you go to Getty Images and select editorial images and search Jason Dufner you can see several pics of him with the G400 MAX.
    XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
    X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
    716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
    Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
    Cameron Napa California @ 34"
  • DizzDizz J.W. Members Posts: 14,258
    Hey Ari do you know the offset specs of his clubs? I'm most interested in the short irons and wedges but would be intrigued to know the whole set if you know it off hand. I guess it would be better to ask if you know the "onset" specs? LOL... some posters here seem to think these are onset but its hard for me to be 100% sure from the photos. There's definitely every little offset if there is any at all but would absolutely love to hear in more detail.
    XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
    X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
    716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
    Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
    Cameron Napa California @ 34"
  • gripandripgripandrip Members Posts: 984 ✭✭
    thevaporz wrote:

That top line tho. Happen to snap any Trackman data from his iron shots, Greg? Did Duf always play Titleist MBs or didn't he use AP2 before this? Digging the long hosel and long ferrule look!

I believe he had been using the AP2's for a while before this. Long live the Duf-Daddy.
  • CwebbCwebb Members Posts: 5,952 ✭✭
    Would be funny to see the first guy that looks at his clubs to see what club he hit,.....only to find a "k" or "N" stamped on the bottom.

I wish some more companies offered custom club I.D stamping
  • joeplus2joeplus2 Whoa...Barry Sanders! Members Posts: 113
    am I the only one who has a fetish for one off ferrules??