New Titleist TS drivers

18911131418

Comments

  • TCZTCZ Members Posts: 502 ✭✭
    Yes. The leather on these is amazing!
    Driver (9.75):  Titleist TS3 (Tour AD DI 6s)
    3 Wood (15):  PXG 0341X (Tour AD DI 7s)
    Hybrid (22):  PXG  0317X (Tour AD DI 85s)
    Irons:  PXG 0311T GEN 2 (KBS Tour-V 110S)
    Wedges (50F/54S/58M):  Titleist Vokey SM7 (Jet Black)
    Putter:  Scotty Cameron Select Newport 3
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,267 ✭✭
    OK, so I took the "plunge" (sort of image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> ).



    Mid-day on Wednesday is pretty quiet at the store so I took my Fusion inside and compared it directly to the TS2, TS3, both 9.5 and a 10.5 G400MAX.



    Warmed up and hit the known entity, my Fusion. This was my first foray into the booth with the Fusion since getting the HZRDUS Black about a year ago and I was actually a bit surprised at the numbers. Using a tall tee (which I generally do anyway), I started off striping it right down the pipe. I've been hitting this combo SO well for the past year I wasn't all that surprised. But what WAS a little bit surprising was the spin rate. I was launching around 15-17* and the spin rate was routinely around 21-2200 or so. Frankly I thought it would be more like 25-2800 with a "higher spin" head. So Fusion, very good. image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' />



    So now that I'm warm and swinging well I try the TS2 with HZRDUS Smoke. Not bad, not bad at all. Even with the reports on here I was very surprised to see the spin down around 2000. Launch was similar to the Fusion. Dispersion, as expected ( I think any new combo takes a little bit of time to get truly comfortable with), not as good as my Fusion but not bad. I was actually surprised to see such low spin on the more forgiving of the 2 TS heads.



    Now the TS3. Same shaft. Unlike what some have reported here I got a touch lower spin than the "2" but had dispersion issues. Not really severe but,,,,,,,,,,



    Just for fun I tried the Evenflow White (65 S) in the TS2. The feel is noticeably more "boardier" than the Smoke but I've felt worse. Interestingly(?) I got a couple MORE MPG ball speed and the ball flew 2-4 yards further and, at around 1700 RPM, not surprisingly it ran out more than the others. But I couldn't turn it over (or hit it really straight) very much so control was a definite issue but perhaps a little more experimenting with the White may be called for.





    G400MAX. First tried the stock Alta. I'd tried that shaft before in the regular G400 and didn't like it. Didn't like it any better in the MAX. Couldn't get in on line except by accident.



    Then tried the Extorsion shaft. Definitely better but spin rate was high compared to the TS drivers, around 2700. Unfortunately this store doesn't stock any "exotic" Ping shafts so that was pretty much the end of that but I did try the "Tour" shaft even though I'd never gotten along very well with that shaft in other Ping drivers. Same thing now. Short and crooked for me.



    So, net-net, not all the impressed with the MAX although I'd certainly like to give it some time with a lower lofted head and (especially) a HZRDUS or Evenflow - but I don't suspect anybody but Champion will carry those Ping specials,,,,,,,,,,,, so unlikely to be getting a MAX.





    TS Drivers



    It should be noted this was a somewhat abbreviated (40 minutes or so) test session so, since I didn't have the Titleist adjustment chart handy, I didn't get a chance to tweak the TS drivers. It's certainly possible I could get everything I'd be looking for with a little tweaking and the right shaft. If I could get another 3-5 carry and 5 more roll out I'd certainly be tempted to spring for either one. 1 club less into most greens would certainly be worth it to me.



    Hope this helps.

    ANY SITE GUIDANCE I OFFER, UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE, IS REFERRING TO THE "DESKTOP/FULL" VERSION

    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Titleist 716 AP-1, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3 50*, 56*, 64 DGS300

    Taylormade Spidex-X Blue/single white line (Today - always subject to change)
    Titleist AVX
  • Similar to above, had the TS3 with the same smoke shaft out for 18 today, i thought this would be just a more adjustable TS2, but the feel, sound and forgiveness isn't that close for me, so will give the TS2 another shot and decide if it's worth the £430 it's selling for in the UK. The biggest sell for me is the confidence i had in not having those big misses i can suffer with the epic sz, distance is much the same, a little shorter maybe but way more forgiving.



    I was wondering if the TS3 could ever be set up the same as a TS2, i had the standard weight, standard loft, etc but wasn't that similar, does adding heavier weights make it more alike with the TS2, or is it not really worth it in the end?
  • leejohnkiehleejohnkieh Posts: 535 ✭✭
    TCZ wrote:


    Yes. The leather on these is amazing!




    Did you pay retail on those babies?
    Team NIKE
    Titleist TS3 9.5 - GD AD-BB 7X
    Titleist TS2 15* - Diamana LTD D+ 80X
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 Iron - Tensei Pro White 100TX
    Titleist 718 AP2 (4-PW) - DG TI AMT X100
    Titleist Vokey SM6 (50, 54) - Raw
    Titleist Vokey SM6 (58) - Brushed Copper
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M - 34"
    My WITB
    Tacoma Country & Golf Club Member
  • TCZTCZ Members Posts: 502 ✭✭
    edited Oct 11, 2018 #306
    Yes. When you compare to the cost of the Seamus covers (which I have) it is not that unreasonable.... imo
    Driver (9.75):  Titleist TS3 (Tour AD DI 6s)
    3 Wood (15):  PXG 0341X (Tour AD DI 7s)
    Hybrid (22):  PXG  0317X (Tour AD DI 85s)
    Irons:  PXG 0311T GEN 2 (KBS Tour-V 110S)
    Wedges (50F/54S/58M):  Titleist Vokey SM7 (Jet Black)
    Putter:  Scotty Cameron Select Newport 3
  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ClubWRX Posts: 3,171 ClubWRX
    TCZ wrote:


    Yes. When you compare to the cost of the Seamus covers (which I have) it is not that unreasonable.... imo




    100% agree. My 3 wood cover is getting softer. Super nice.
    Taylormade M1 (2017) 440 9.5* tour w/Atmos Black TS 6x<br />Taylormade M6 Rocket 3 w/Atmos Black 7s<br />Taylormade p790 4-pw <br />Vokey 50f/56m/60m wedges <br />Taylormade Spider Mallet 72
  • leejohnkiehleejohnkieh Posts: 535 ✭✭
    I thought Seamus covers were around the same price? no?
    Team NIKE
    Titleist TS3 9.5 - GD AD-BB 7X
    Titleist TS2 15* - Diamana LTD D+ 80X
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 Iron - Tensei Pro White 100TX
    Titleist 718 AP2 (4-PW) - DG TI AMT X100
    Titleist Vokey SM6 (50, 54) - Raw
    Titleist Vokey SM6 (58) - Brushed Copper
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M - 34"
    My WITB
    Tacoma Country & Golf Club Member
  • TCZTCZ Members Posts: 502 ✭✭
    Yes. Around the same.
    Driver (9.75):  Titleist TS3 (Tour AD DI 6s)
    3 Wood (15):  PXG 0341X (Tour AD DI 7s)
    Hybrid (22):  PXG  0317X (Tour AD DI 85s)
    Irons:  PXG 0311T GEN 2 (KBS Tour-V 110S)
    Wedges (50F/54S/58M):  Titleist Vokey SM7 (Jet Black)
    Putter:  Scotty Cameron Select Newport 3
  • ArpeggiArpeggi Members Posts: 3,686
    The stock covers are garbage IMO and remind me of the Callaway XR ones which are horrible.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
    Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font]

    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
    Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font]

    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Scotty Cameron 009[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Taylormade TP5x[/font]
  • jlebeane13jlebeane13 Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    Arpeggi wrote:


    The stock covers are garbage IMO and remind me of the Callaway XR ones which are horrible.


    I thought so too at first, but the Titleist stock covers are growing on me.
    Titleist 917 D2 9.5* Oban Kiyoshi HB 04 Flex, Tipped 1 inch
    Titleist 917 F2 15* Mitsubishi Diamana BB 70 S Flex, Tipped 2 inches
    Titleist 818 H1 18.25* Aldila Rouge 80 S Flex,
    Titleist 718 AP2 4 - 9 ProjectX 6.0
    Titleist SM6 46* ProjectX 6.0 SS x 1
    Titleist SM6 50*, 54*, and 58* ProjectX 5.5
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 36 inches
    Titleist Prov1 (2017)
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,742 ClubWRX
    jlebeane13 wrote:

    Arpeggi wrote:


    The stock covers are garbage IMO and remind me of the Callaway XR ones which are horrible.


    I thought so too at first, but the Titleist stock covers are growing on me.




    I would say that they TS headcovers are an awful lot better than the 917D covers were.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
  • kennyFpowers55kennyFpowers55 Members Posts: 3
    Finally got to play a round with my ts3. Got to see it work in action vs a simulator. I was not disappointed. Ive been using a '17 m2 for the last two seasons, which I loved. But with the ts3 I only missed two fairways and those two weren't by much. I felt like it wasn't as long as my m2 (not enough to matter/notice) but I could shape the ball either way with ease and my dispersion was tight. The ts3 will be in the bag for a long time. This was also the first time I was fit for a driver/shaft, it for sure makes a difference.
  • EwmcdadeEwmcdade Posts: 459 ✭✭
    Just picked up a TS3 today, 8.5 degree with the Hzrdus smoke 6.0. Was able to dial in roughly 15 degrees of launch with 1,800 spin and 150 mph ball speed.



    These things launch high and spin low, and are very forgiving. They look very traditional/nice at address. I was swinging bad and just missing the sweetspot on darn near every swing and was still getting the ball out there past my current driver. We moved the weights into the toe and i could tell it was helping from shutting the face down through the ball as my miss is the dreaded snapper left.



    If you like a traditional looking driver that sacrifices nothing in launch and spin, I think the TS3 is HANDS DOWN the best driver on the market.





    PS - The headcovers look cheesy compared to my Scratch leather headcovers.

    PPS - The Hzrdus Smoke in 6.5 is STOUT, my god. I could not get that thing to load with just under 110 swing speed.
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,742 ClubWRX
    Ewmcdade wrote:


    Just picked up a TS3 today, 8.5 degree with the Hzrdus smoke 6.0. Was able to dial in roughly 15 degrees of launch with 1,800 spin and 150 mph ball speed.



    These things launch high and spin low, and are very forgiving. They look very traditional/nice at address. I was swinging bad and just missing the sweetspot on darn near every swing and was still getting the ball out there past my current driver. We moved the weights into the toe and i could tell it was helping from shutting the face down through the ball as my miss is the dreaded snapper left.



    If you like a traditional looking driver that sacrifices nothing in launch and spin, I think the TS3 is HANDS DOWN the best driver on the market.





    PS - The headcovers look cheesy compared to my Scratch leather headcovers.

    PPS - The Hzrdus Smoke in 6.5 is STOUT, my god. I could not get that thing to load with just under 110 swing speed.




    Found the same thing with the EvenFlow. I was swinging it at 109 and I was just getting nothing out of the 6.5. The 6.0 was money though. Ended up going down to 8.5 though which got the launch into a much nicer window.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
  • ME27ME27 Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Went to PGA Superstore today just because I was bored and never imagined I’d be walking out with a new ts3 driver. I was not in the market for a new driver and just wanted to hit some new stuff ts2/ts3/srixon785. TS3 was a clear winner for me.



    Went with the TS3 8.5 with the smoke 6.5 shaft. Was getting 13 degree launch with 2200 spin with a consistent baby draw. Hit the same exact shot time after time. Hopefully on course results are the same but was very impressed.
    Driver - Titleist TS3 8.5* - Hzrdus Smoke X 
    3 wood - Taylormade M3 15* - Diamana W Series 
    Hybrid - Srixon ZH85  19* - Hzrdus Black
    Irons - Srixon Z585 4-A - KBS Tour C Taper Lite X
    Wedges - Cleveland RTX4 Black 54* / Taylormade Milled Grind Hi Toe 58*
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Black Mist
    Ball - Taylormade TP5X 
  • jlebeane13jlebeane13 Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    Ewmcdade wrote:


    Just picked up a TS3 today, 8.5 degree with the Hzrdus smoke 6.0. Was able to dial in roughly 15 degrees of launch with 1,800 spin and 150 mph ball speed.



    These things launch high and spin low, and are very forgiving. They look very traditional/nice at address. I was swinging bad and just missing the sweetspot on darn near every swing and was still getting the ball out there past my current driver. We moved the weights into the toe and i could tell it was helping from shutting the face down through the ball as my miss is the dreaded snapper left.



    If you like a traditional looking driver that sacrifices nothing in launch and spin, I think the TS3 is HANDS DOWN the best driver on the market.





    PS - The headcovers look cheesy compared to my Scratch leather headcovers.

    PPS - The Hzrdus Smoke in 6.5 is STOUT, my god. I could not get that thing to load with just under 110 swing speed.


    I'm 107 to 110, I found durring the fitting that the Smoke 60 6.5 was quite nice, I could definitely feel it loading. However when I got my club the shaft in the 6.5 felt like it was a tad bit stout.

    I think I'm either going to use my KK XT Xflex or my Elements Platinum F5 and sell the smoke. Maybe get a Mitsubishi DF 60 X also.
    Titleist 917 D2 9.5* Oban Kiyoshi HB 04 Flex, Tipped 1 inch
    Titleist 917 F2 15* Mitsubishi Diamana BB 70 S Flex, Tipped 2 inches
    Titleist 818 H1 18.25* Aldila Rouge 80 S Flex,
    Titleist 718 AP2 4 - 9 ProjectX 6.0
    Titleist SM6 46* ProjectX 6.0 SS x 1
    Titleist SM6 50*, 54*, and 58* ProjectX 5.5
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 36 inches
    Titleist Prov1 (2017)
  • pollock21pollock21 Members Posts: 665 ✭✭
    Curious on thoughts of anyone with higher swing speed (115+) and their findings with the TS3. Might have to order mine blind and not sure of 8.5 or 9.5 head.



    Compared to a g400 LST, would you consider this head higher, lower, or similar launching in similar loft?
    Driver: Ho
    Fairway: 16M2 15* & 18*
    Irons: Ho
    Wedges: Ping Glide Stealth 50* PXLZ 6.5, 54* & 60* PXLZ 7.0
    Putter: Scotty Newport 2
  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ClubWRX Posts: 3,171 ClubWRX
    My ss is around 107. I like the smoke 6.5 in fitting. Will see if it equates on course.
    Taylormade M1 (2017) 440 9.5* tour w/Atmos Black TS 6x<br />Taylormade M6 Rocket 3 w/Atmos Black 7s<br />Taylormade p790 4-pw <br />Vokey 50f/56m/60m wedges <br />Taylormade Spider Mallet 72
  • Weston11Weston11 Posts: 169 ✭✭
    edited Oct 17, 2018 #320
    pollock21 wrote:


    Curious on thoughts of anyone with higher swing speed (115+) and their findings with the TS3. Might have to order mine blind and not sure of 8.5 or 9.5 head.



    Compared to a g400 LST, would you consider this head higher, lower, or similar launching in similar loft?




    I went 8.5 TS3 with the 75 gram EF white 6.5. It was spinning only slightly more than my M3 set to 9 with Synergy Black Proto 70TX. My spin numbers were also much more consistent with the Titleist. Also, just for reference, I’m normally 117-118 on Flightscope, but was seeing 121 on Trackman the day I was fitted, which seems high.
    Driver: TS3 8.5 - Evenflow White 75 6.5
    Fairway: TS2 15 - Kuro Kage Dual Core XT 80
    Irons: '19 Apex Pro (4-9) - $-Taper 130x
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 51F, and 55S - DG TI S400 Onyx; '19 PM grind 60 - Hi Rev 2.0S 
    Putter: Byron Morgan 615
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members Posts: 6,980 ✭✭
    Has anyone played a TS3 with AVX ball? I tried 915D3 and AVX ball , flight was higher than M3/AVX
  • IcemanzacwIcemanzacw Posts: 409 ✭✭
    I played ts3 /AVX in windy , Nova Scotia 10 deg fall conditions. I was in places my my regular course that I’ve never been before. That ball / Head combo is very stable in the wind



    Normally play a GD ADDI 6s with 917D2 Head, and swapped in the ts3 head. Crazy results.
  • Eazy_37Eazy_37 Members Posts: 32
    SwooshLT wrote:


    Has anyone played a TS3 with AVX ball? I tried 915D3 and AVX ball , flight was higher than M3/AVX


    Yes I have been playing the AVX with the G400 and demo'd the TS3 with the AVX and it was insanely different.
  • craz-ecraz-e Members Posts: 4,022 ✭✭
    Eazy_37 wrote:

    SwooshLT wrote:


    Has anyone played a TS3 with AVX ball? I tried 915D3 and AVX ball , flight was higher than M3/AVX


    Yes I have been playing the AVX with the G400 and demo'd the TS3 with the AVX and it was insanely different.




    I play the AVX and TS3 combo myself, early days yet as I have only a couple of rounds under my belt I have seen some very nice long drives, where I am things are pretty dry so a lot of the extra distance I have been seeing is also down to the extra roll I am getting.
    Driver = Ping G410 Plus even flow black 6.0
    5 Wood = Taylormade Burner

    Irons = Miura 1957 Baby Blades Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wilson Staff FG59 DG S300's (4-PW)
    Titleist 718 MB Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56* and 60*

    = Taylormade 64* Hi-Toe
    Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
    Ball = Titleist AVX
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members Posts: 6,980 ✭✭
    Eazy_37 wrote:

    SwooshLT wrote:


    Has anyone played a TS3 with AVX ball? I tried 915D3 and AVX ball , flight was higher than M3/AVX


    Yes I have been playing the AVX with the G400 and demo'd the TS3 with the AVX and it was insanely different.




    Ok......give me more....launch, spin , feel and distance all different?
  • LobberLobber Members Posts: 2,379 ✭✭
    Just loving my TS2 Smoke combo. Confidence inspiring. Regaining lost distance that comes with increasing age. Staying in play. Looking great to my eye. Best feeling driver I’ve owned. Simply no reason to stray for me.
  • cxissicxissi Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,482 ✭✭
    Lobber wrote:


    Just loving my TS2 Smoke combo. Confidence inspiring. Regaining lost distance that comes with increasing age. Staying in play. Looking great to my eye. Best feeling driver I’ve owned. Simply no reason to stray for me.




    Could not agree more with your findings. I have the same set up incredibly forgiving driver , feel is outstanding.

    gb
  • dvdtdvdt Members Posts: 10,494 ✭✭
    cxissi wrote:

    Lobber wrote:


    Just loving my TS2 Smoke combo. Confidence inspiring. Regaining lost distance that comes with increasing age. Staying in play. Looking great to my eye. Best feeling driver I’ve owned. Simply no reason to stray for me.




    Could not agree more with your findings. I have the same set up incredibly forgiving driver , feel is outstanding.

    gb




    Also agree

    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero
    Touredge CBX 119
    Callaway Apex 2019 combo
    Vokey SM7 54 and 60
    Bettinardi Queen B

  • StallStall Members Posts: 393
    So I went over to a titleist Thursdays event last week, I hadn’t booked in as I wasn’t sure when I would get away from work but the guy was able to get me 25 minutes with him so that was good.



    Currently I’m hitting a 915 D2. Aldila rogue black shaft, stiff. 10.5degrees, lofted right up in the maximum position. Mainly because I like that big high ball flight. On the day I was crunching (for me) my own driver, which is probably a good thing in a fitting to get a good baseline. Dispersion very tight, all 5 on the fairway without a doubt. Carry average 232. Swingspeed average 92/93 I think. Can’t remember ball speed.



    We started working through the various options and yes, ball speed and carry went up. I think I was able to get an extra 5mph of ball speed on average and about 10 extra yards carry. Once he got rid of my super high loft we got a good bit extra roll out as well. However, despite all of that, we couldn’t replicate how tight I could get my own driver. I think we tried most of the stock shafts and whilst I was putting it out there, it wasn’t under control.



    I did ask him to give me a shot of my own shaft in a TS3 head but he mumbled about the shaft being too heavy for me and him having another customer booked in. I’m not sure if he was just trying to avoid the fact that the rogue black isn’t a stock shaft anymore. No idea, he did seem a good guy though and I wasn’t getting a hard sell off him or anything so apart from not putting my shaft in it, I had no complaints.



    For me, I could see the ball speed gains without a doubt but I had no control, an extra 10/15 yards isn’t going to help me if its not on the fairway, and certainly not for an extra £450.



    My local range is good with me and will give me a TS3 for a session, I might take my hozel wrench down and swap my own shaft in there and see if there is anything in it.



    Or maybe TS just doesn’t suit me.
  • hd.softailhd.softail Members Posts: 464 ✭✭
    Stall wrote:


    So I went over to a titleist Thursdays event last week, I hadn’t booked in as I wasn’t sure when I would get away from work but the guy was able to get me 25 minutes with him so that was good.



    Currently I’m hitting a 915 D2. Aldila rogue black shaft, stiff. 10.5degrees, lofted right up in the maximum position. Mainly because I like that big high ball flight. On the day I was crunching (for me) my own driver, which is probably a good thing in a fitting to get a good baseline. Dispersion very tight, all 5 on the fairway without a doubt. Carry average 232. Swingspeed average 92/93 I think. Can’t remember ball speed.



    We started working through the various options and yes, ball speed and carry went up. I think I was able to get an extra 5mph of ball speed on average and about 10 extra yards carry. Once he got rid of my super high loft we got a good bit extra roll out as well. However, despite all of that, we couldn’t replicate how tight I could get my own driver. I think we tried most of the stock shafts and whilst I was putting it out there, it wasn’t under control.



    I did ask him to give me a shot of my own shaft in a TS3 head but he mumbled about the shaft being too heavy for me and him having another customer booked in. I’m not sure if he was just trying to avoid the fact that the rogue black isn’t a stock shaft anymore. No idea, he did seem a good guy though and I wasn’t getting a hard sell off him or anything so apart from not putting my shaft in it, I had no complaints.



    For me, I could see the ball speed gains without a doubt but I had no control, an extra 10/15 yards isn’t going to help me if its not on the fairway, and certainly not for an extra £450.



    My local range is good with me and will give me a TS3 for a session, I might take my hozel wrench down and swap my own shaft in there and see if there is anything in it.



    Or maybe TS just doesn’t suit me.




    Wow just experienced the same thing myself. For whatever reason you can't even custom order the Rogue Black 60 with any of the TS drivers.



    Does anyone know why? I'm assuming because some other stock offer competes so close the Rogue Black 60; is that the the new Tensei AV 60?



    Something is up with the Rogue Black in general, I hit the TS against the Callaway Rogue and Callaway doesn't offer the Rogue Black 60 anymore either.
  • StallStall Members Posts: 393
    hd.softail wrote:

    Stall wrote:


    So I went over to a titleist Thursdays event last week, I hadn’t booked in as I wasn’t sure when I would get away from work but the guy was able to get me 25 minutes with him so that was good.



    Currently I’m hitting a 915 D2. Aldila rogue black shaft, stiff. 10.5degrees, lofted right up in the maximum position. Mainly because I like that big high ball flight. On the day I was crunching (for me) my own driver, which is probably a good thing in a fitting to get a good baseline. Dispersion very tight, all 5 on the fairway without a doubt. Carry average 232. Swingspeed average 92/93 I think. Can’t remember ball speed.



    We started working through the various options and yes, ball speed and carry went up. I think I was able to get an extra 5mph of ball speed on average and about 10 extra yards carry. Once he got rid of my super high loft we got a good bit extra roll out as well. However, despite all of that, we couldn’t replicate how tight I could get my own driver. I think we tried most of the stock shafts and whilst I was putting it out there, it wasn’t under control.



    I did ask him to give me a shot of my own shaft in a TS3 head but he mumbled about the shaft being too heavy for me and him having another customer booked in. I’m not sure if he was just trying to avoid the fact that the rogue black isn’t a stock shaft anymore. No idea, he did seem a good guy though and I wasn’t getting a hard sell off him or anything so apart from not putting my shaft in it, I had no complaints.



    For me, I could see the ball speed gains without a doubt but I had no control, an extra 10/15 yards isn’t going to help me if its not on the fairway, and certainly not for an extra £450.



    My local range is good with me and will give me a TS3 for a session, I might take my hozel wrench down and swap my own shaft in there and see if there is anything in it.



    Or maybe TS just doesn’t suit me.




    Wow just experienced the same thing myself. For whatever reason you can't even custom order the Rogue Black 60 with any of the TS drivers.



    Does anyone know why? I'm assuming because some other stock offer competes so close the Rogue Black 60; is that the the new Tensei AV 60?



    Something is up with the Rogue Black in general, I hit the TS against the Callaway Rogue and Callaway doesn't offer the Rogue Black 60 anymore either.




    Mine is Rogue Black 80. Maybe titleist have fallen out with them??
Sign In or Register to comment.