Machine Putter Question

kmbeankmbean Members Posts: 918 ✭✭
They have had my M10 since May of 2017. Dave was providing me monthly updates for awhile but has gone radio silent the past two months.

He kept saying it was close to completion etc etc. Many many broken promises as is well documented here.

My question is, this is theft and fraud right? Do I have an avenue to call the local police in Plano, TX to report a crime here?

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Members Posts: 5,450 ✭✭
    edited Sep 15, 2018 #2
    Hate to hear that there are still issues going on with Machine, however it is my understanding that relocated to McKinney TX quite a bit ago. Maybe attempt a restricted delivery certified letter first as seems that electronic communication has been unsuccessful? Address is listed on Facebook page. Regarding avenues for remedy, best to contact civil clerk's office in the appropriate jurisdiction for advice as there were some bankruptcy issues with company at one point and they may be able to advise appropriate means of action considering all factors.
    Taylormade R510tp TI 10.5* Fuji Evo TS 661
    Cleveland launcher DF tour 17* Fuji Rombax 8x07
    TEE CNC forged limited 3-pw DG tour concept 
    Artisan 53* s400
    Artisan 58* s400
    Cameron '96 Laguna
  • cgbmcgbm Members Posts: 1,041
    Wow. That is a long long time.

Sure as heck is a problem.
  • endyendy Members Posts: 3,105 ✭✭
    May of 2018 is a long time. May of 2017?!?! Holy SHEEET!
    Srixon Z785 9.5* KK XD 60TX
    Srixon F85 13.5* Atmos Black TS 8TX
    Srixon H85 19* Oban Kiyoshi Black 90X
    Srixon Z785 4-PW KBS $-Taper 130X
    Cleveland RTX-4 50/54/60 TI S400
    Toulon Garage Columbus
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • eddiebigeddieeddiebigeddie Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    Wow...why anyone still messes with Dave and Machine is crazy. There’s been way too many things that have gone wrong over the last 3 years. I’m glad that I was one of the last ones to get a putter in early 2016...but will NEVER deal with them again
    Cobra F9...….…………………..Aldila Tour Blue 65
    Cobra F6 Baffler (17.5)…......…Project X HZRDUS Red 75
    Cobra F7 Hybrid (20.5).........….Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Mizuno JPX 919 HM (5 - Gw)…Project X LZ 6.5
    Cobra King Black (54/10)......….Project X LZ 6.5
    Taylormade Hi-Toe (60/10)........KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

[background=transparent]Machine M10 Adjuster (Damascus)[/background]

[background=transparent]Machine M10 Adjuster (303 Stainless-Naked)[/background]

[background=transparent]Machine M10 Fixer (303 Stainless-Torched)[/background]

Bennington LQO-9
    Grint...eddiebigeddie
  • cz13X4cz13X4 Members Posts: 5,588 ✭✭
    ^^^what he said
    Ping g410 
    Cobra F8  VA Raijin
    Cobra F9 VA Raijin
    Ping S55 Accra 110 tour
    Ping glide stealth Accra 110 tour
    Bettinardi limited minovai
  • UnderPar18UnderPar18 Previously Ecsugolf1 Members Posts: 5,628 ✭✭
    Typical of Dave... I would call anyone and everyone to find out how to best handle this. It’s about time people stop being so generous with waiting and start taking action to get their putters back from this crook.

After my experience in 2016 I stopped dealing with Machine and so happy I did. Dave made great putters and was great to work with; then things turned for the worse and things got ugly.

Good luck!
  • kmbeankmbean Members Posts: 918 ✭✭
    I’m sick of his shi* calling the police Monday morning to discuss
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,280 ✭✭
    Bad companies deserve to go under. We all need to stop supporting companies like this.
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • TheBIIgCatTheBIIgCat ClubWRX Posts: 1,445 ClubWRX
    What the **** happened with Dave ?
    Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...
  • endyendy Members Posts: 3,105 ✭✭
    TheBIIgCat wrote:

What the **** happened with Dave ?

LOL I’m wondering what the story is too. Never heard anything about it.
    Srixon Z785 9.5* KK XD 60TX
    Srixon F85 13.5* Atmos Black TS 8TX
    Srixon H85 19* Oban Kiyoshi Black 90X
    Srixon Z785 4-PW KBS $-Taper 130X
    Cleveland RTX-4 50/54/60 TI S400
    Toulon Garage Columbus
    Srixon Z-Star XV
    If you look in the putter threads section there’s a big long thread in everything. Basically Dave started taking people’s money in 2016 and not delivering putters. Kept giving stories how progress was taking place with putters but there was not.

Bennington LQO-9
    Grint...eddiebigeddie
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,280 ✭✭
    If you look in the putter threads section there’s a big long thread in everything. Basically Dave started taking people’s money in 2016 and not delivering putters. Kept giving stories how progress was taking place with putters but there was not.

So it’s theft? How is it the authorities haven’t been involved for two years of this going on?

“I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
    SubaruWRX wrote:

So it’s theft? How is it the authorities haven’t been involved for two years of this going on?

Not sure, all depends on how each customer handled their situations I guess. I was forced to start a PayPal claim which is only reason I ended up getting my putter before things really went south. I don’t remember all the specifics, but seems like Dave said there were lots of transitions taking place with the business, etc and they filed bankruptcy and moved the business etc. just search Machine in the Putter threads, it will come up.

Bennington LQO-9
    Grint...eddiebigeddie
  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭
    There seem to be soooo many similar stories about how putters have not been getting made/delivered/etc

Just doesn't seem to make sense at all to deal with this dude, no matter his story
    Yadi for President
  • hardcaliberhardcaliber Members Posts: 704 ✭✭
    I vaguely knew of Machine by seeing the putters pop up on bst once in a while at ridiculous prices. Recently saw one on a used rack for cheap so I picked it up to play around with. The quality and craftsmanship are absolutely jaw dropping. I will be on the lookout for more certainly.

Makes me a little sad to hear about these terrible business practices which possibly constitute fraud. I would love to see this company back on its feet to the point where I could order something but who could trust the guy after all this? Seems like such a shame. I guess I’ll just scavenge what I can when stuff pops up.

• SwingBluesSwingBlues We are the Old Dark Navy Blues Members Posts: 3,437 ✭✭
    edited Sep 17, 2018 #17
    The whole problem is that Dave is a putter maker and not a Business Manager. I told him that.

If I recall correctly, for a while he had new CNC machines and then there was a storm that did some damage and then it went down hill from there.

I went through a long stint to get my arm lock machine back. That was before his move out of Plano. It was just the megalodon tail and arm lock shaft. He did a great job but I can tell it was off. So could he - as he provided some angular loft/lie spacers - those are so brilliant and they actually work! Pure, pure, pure innovation.

Machine was way ahead of its time, it could have been BIG but really bad mismanagement is what-it-is now...a distant memory. Of what could have been. Those with the quality MACHINE putters are not likely to give it up, not me. My MACHINE can be configured as a long neck twisty, or rincon blade, or a megalodon mallet or an armlock - no other putter can do that.

Op, sorry to hear your story, you gotta do what you gotta do... you might try and reach out to Choeps, I thiink he's still a member here, great guy. He's offered to help out before.
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero 9*, Fujikura Ventus 6-S finished 44.5"
    Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105 with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips
    Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
    Directed Force Reno "2.05" with BGT Stability shaft (Presse V tweaked)

Ball: Srixon XV
    Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!
  • adam.byrneadam.byrne Members Posts: 218 ✭✭
    I had a bad experience too, nothing like OP but common in the threads. Took 5 months but got an amazing putter. But I was getting worried towards the end.

Any update OP?
  • thevaporzthevaporz Members Posts: 2,801 ✭✭
    Not trying to pile it on but dag yo a year and a half you've been waiting for him to deliver? Pretty sure your money and your putter are gone forever.

He had two of my putters and delivered one, so I've been hopeful he would finish the second one and send it back.

I called the McKinney police dept and they told me to file a report with the BBB. The BBB will investigate and could issue a fine.

They said I could get a lawyer and file a case with small claims court in my jurisdiction as well.

I'm doubtful I'll see the 2nd putter again, but I am going to try to get it back.
  • cardia10cardia10 Members Posts: 2,399 ✭✭
    The BBB is a consumer advocate agency and the only thing they will do is offer a fine to remove the negative from their website. They are useless. Civil court is the way to go.
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,173 ✭✭
    kmbean wrote:

He had two of my putters and delivered one, so I've been hopeful he would finish the second one and send it back.

I called the McKinney police dept and they told me to file a report with the BBB. The BBB will investigate and could issue a fine.

They said I could get a lawyer and file a case with small claims court in my jurisdiction as well.

I'm doubtful I'll see the 2nd putter again, but I am going to try to get it back.

I was going to say, this sounds like you'd want to file a claim with BBB then possible civil lawsuit citing fraud. Judge could order him to deliver the product within X days/weeks or to repay to you the cost you spent for the work. I'm not a lawyer though, so maybe there's other ways. Good luck...hate hearing stories like this, as I have a custom putter in work and am currently on month 4 of waiting, when one month was the quoted lead.
    WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge (Hi Toe 58 KBS Wedge in test)
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• jatrainjatrain Members Posts: 122 ✭✭
    The BBB is yelp for old people.
  • SC-TX 88SC-TX 88 Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭
    Contact the Texas Attorney General and file a claim with them against the company. You can do it online.
    M5 9.0 w/ Tensei White 70X tipped 1”
    M2 2017 TI T3 (actual 13.7) w/GD AD TP 8X tipped 0.5”
    M2 2016 TI 18 w/ Fujikura 93X Pro Spec tipped 0.5”
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2 w/Tensei Pro White 100TX tipped 0.5” (or) UDI 3 w/Fujikura Pro 115 Tour Spec X-Flex
    Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 4-PW w/ C-Taper 130X
    Raw SM6 54.08M, WedgeWorks 60 T Grind (54/60 DGTI S400)
    Machine M1A (“Tiger Proto”), TM Spider X, Toulon Atlanta, Ping Vault Anser 2, SeeMore FGP Mallet
    Rotate between 2/3 irons depending on course
  • TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,644 ✭✭
    I hate reading threads like this because it kinda cements my thoughts on never buying from a small custom company. There is a lesson to be learned though and that's

always use a credit card or PayPal so you can have recourse. I had something similar happen with a small custom holster maker and I had to file a PayPal claim to get a refund

after getting dicked around and lied to for 6 months. Unfortunately this story repeats over and over across many hobbies.
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
    I opened a case with the Texas AG against this thief.
  • TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,644 ✭✭
    kmbean wrote:

I opened a case with the Texas AG against this thief.

You did the right thing..... No Excuse for it no matter what the circumstance..... Another Strike for small shops struggling to make it.
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • LifeStoryLifeStory Members Posts: 296 ✭✭
    update?