New PXG prototype driver

Comments

• snagy2000snagy2000 Members Posts: 1,541 ✭✭
    Buzzkill wrote:

Cool ball marker:

Very cool, just picked one up.
  • CTCCTC Members Posts: 65
    Not sure of how their business model works, but any chance that we can get advance info on the release date or price?
  • LionGolferLionGolfer Members Posts: 1,289 ✭✭
    Shouldn't be so concerned with what others play. None of anyone's business.
    Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
    UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
    Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
    Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
    Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon
  • ssfrannyssfranny Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,577 ✭✭
    snagy2000 wrote:
    Buzzkill wrote:

Cool ball marker:

Yeah me as well also a puffer best for half off.
  • Radeon962Radeon962 ClubWRX Posts: 1,913 ClubWRX
    Looks very good.
  • Mookie91Mookie91 Members Posts: 1,560 ✭✭
    Looks sharp but as others have said, not at the price point for this guy
    TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
    TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
    Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
    Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
    Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
    Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"
    snagy2000 wrote:

Buzzkill wrote:

Cool ball marker:

Arrived today, very cool in person.
  • Rig14PortRig14Port Members Posts: 742 ✭✭
    for the tech to have been so bad, it's sure does seem like there are a lot of major OEM's copying what PXG put out 3 years ago. ****... for all you **** haters, it looks like the illustrious Taylormade is about to send to market a driver with screws in the face.
    Epic Flash SZ 9* HZRDUS Smoke 70 6.5
    TM '17 M2 Tour 15* HZRDUS Smoke 80 6.5
    TM P790 UDI 2 Tour AD 95 X
    PXG 0311T 4-PW DG TI X100
    Vokey SM7 Raw @ 51*, 55*, 59* DG TI S400
    Odyssey RSX 001
  • armbreaker22armbreaker22 Members Posts: 18
    I heard they either had their sales meeting or are about to have it. Any updates?
  • jokerusnjokerusn nice shoes Northern NJClubWRX Posts: 4,677 ClubWRX
    edited Dec 11, 2018 #101
    FYI, it's in fw and hybrid form too.

20180376.jpg

20180377.jpg
    M3 9.5°  Ventus 6-X
    M5 15°  Tensei CK Pro 70TX
    818H2 19°  HZRDUS 85 6.5
    790 UDI  PX Catalyst 6.5  -or-  TP UDI 3  PX HB6
    790 4i / Z745 5-9  Nippon 950GH 
    SM7 46F 52F 58D 62M  DG 115 / KBS Tour 120
    Mann MA/66

(¬¬) WITB Link
  • CTCCTC Members Posts: 65
    nice pics, ty
  • DLBTide7DLBTide7 Birmingham, ALMembers Posts: 93 ✭✭

I heard they either had their sales meeting or are about to have it. Any updates?
    PXG Gen2 XF Driver
    PXG Gen2 X 3 metal
    PXG Gen2 17 degree hybrid
    PXG Gen2 XF Irons, 4-Gap
    PXG milled wedges, 56 and 60
    PXG Mustang putter
  • DLBTide7DLBTide7 Birmingham, ALMembers Posts: 93 ✭✭
    I am an Xperience alum and have been told the release will be December/January. Take it FWIW.
    PXG Gen2 XF Driver
    PXG Gen2 X 3 metal
    PXG Gen2 17 degree hybrid
    PXG Gen2 XF Irons, 4-Gap
    PXG milled wedges, 56 and 60
    PXG Mustang putter
  • the bishopthe bishop Members Posts: 3,199 ✭✭
    jokerusn wrote:

FYI, it's in fw and hybrid form too.

20180376.jpg

20180377.jpg

Interesting that most manufacturers would call a 13* FW a strong 3W these days but PXG going old school with the 2W designation.
    Dynacraft Avatar Evolution 10.5* - Proforce V2 HL - S
    TM M1 Tour Issue 14* - Maltby ProSeries Fwy - S
    W/S FG Tour F5 20*/23* - Fubuki  z80 Hybrid - S
    W/S FG62 5-P - DGS300
    W/S PMP Raw 52/56/60 - KBS  Hi-Rev 2.0
    Scotty Newport Mil-Spec Pro Platinum
  • jccollins59jccollins59 Members Posts: 17
    I was told the reps will have the heads on Dec 15. Not sure if the release date will be around the same time though.
  • Double DodgerDouble Dodger Members Posts: 78 ✭✭
    Buzzkill wrote:

Buzzkill wrote:

Cool ball marker:

What does the #26 represent?

Ball marker description on PXG site below:

Designers Notes:

Don't just mark your ball; make a statement. The Darkness Ball Marker features a milled skull insignia and the number 26, representing the 26th Marine Corps Regiment that PXG founder [url="https://www.pxg.com/about/bob-parsons-founder"]Bob Parsons[/url] served with during the Vietnam War.
    • Weight: 13.1 grams
    • Dimensions: 37.7mm x 30.7mm x 2.8mm
    • Zinc-Aluminum with black chrome finish

Milled? Looks stamped to me...
    Oh this thing is milled...First time out last Friday with this fine piece of equipment, I dropped in 5 birdies on the day...If this new driver is half as good as the ball marker, I'll be buying 2...Kaboom, baby!!!!
  • CardsChamps11CardsChamps11 Members Posts: 469 ✭✭
    edited Dec 16, 2018 #109
    I was lucky enough to get to hit one of these today. I was getting fit for the Gen 1 irons because of their recent deal. The rep said he just got the new driver on his truck so we did some testing. Overall I really liked it. I hit the Gen 1 driver a few years ago and didnt like it. It was too spinny for me. The Gen 2 is completely different IMO. The feel is super muted. More muted than others drivers I've tried. I personally like a muted feel. I currently play a M3 440 with Evenflow 65x. We put that same shaft in the Gen 2 0311x. The distance was basically the same (within 1-2 yards). The biggest difference was the dispersion. Significantly tighter dispersion with the PXG. No clue why but I just hit bullets with it. The PXG also brought my ball flight down to a better level as I am a high ball hitter. Overall I was really pleased with the driver and would definitely bag it.
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,368 ✭✭

I was lucky enough to get to hit one of these today. I was getting fit for the Gen 1 irons because of their recent deal. The rep said he just got the new driver on his truck so we did some testing. Overall I really liked it. I hit the Gen 1 driver a few years ago and didnt like it. It was too spinny for me. The Gen 2 is completely different IMO. The feel is super muted. More muted than others drivers I've tried. I personally like a muted feel. I currently play a M3 440 with Evenflow 65x. We put that same shaft in the Gen 2 0311x. The distance was basically the same (within 1-2 yards). The biggest difference was the dispersion. Significantly tighter dispersion with the PXG. No clue why but I just hit bullets with it. The PXG also brought my ball flight down to a better level as I am a high ball hitter. Overall I was really pleased with the driver and would definitely bag it.

Are you going to buy it when it becomes available?

I believe he said price point is going to be $550 stock. That’s honestly a little above my price range especially since I’m buying new irons. I may have to wait to buy it used on the bay. I would have no problem gaming it though.

I believe he said price point is going to be $550 stock. That’s honestly a little above my price range especially since I’m buying new irons. I may have to wait to buy it used on the bay. I would have no problem gaming it though.

$550 stock, that seems cheap for PXG. That will be the same price as the new TM and Cally offerings.

$550 stock, that seems cheap for PXG. That will be the same price as the new TM and Cally offerings.

I thought the exact same thing. Should be available mid Feb.
  • thewralthewral Boston, MAMembers Posts: 259 ✭✭
    Shocked it’s not more tbh. Agree on the gen1 driver, not a big fan but enjoy the irons. Is the gen2 the same as the proto that a number of the pros have been hitting? Think all but Johnson and Schwartzel are playing the proto.
    Ping G400 LST 8.5*, Accra TZ6 M5
    Ping G410 14.5*, Ping Tour X

Ping G410 2 Hybrid 17*, Tensei Blue 80HY X
    Srixon 785 4-P, PXLZ 6.5
    Fourteen RM-22 Tour 50*, 54*, 58*, Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2
    I wonder if the new fwys and hybrids will be priced accordingly too?
    thewral wrote:
    Shocked it’s not more tbh. Agree on the gen1 driver, not a big fan but enjoy the irons. Is the gen2 the same as the proto that a number of the pros have been hitting? Think all but Johnson and Schwartzel are playing the proto.

Yes it’s the exact same as the one on the first page of this thread. Super matte black with carbon fiber. Looks like a Ping with carbon fiber

I wonder if the new fwys and hybrids will be priced accordingly too?

He told me the price on the fwy but I can’t remember. I know it was in the 4’s
  • kylesilkkylesilk PXG & Yeti Members Posts: 633 ✭✭
    Pretty good price it seems. I'm hoping its forgiving across the face. Eagerly awaiting more info.
    915 D3 Diamana D+ 70S
    913f , 913h
    712u 4 iron Pro Modus 120 S
    714 CB 5,6,7...714 MB 8-P ProModus 120S
    Vokey TVD 52,60 M..TVD 56K
    Studio Select Newport 1.5
    That pricing makes it more realistic for a lot of people to purchase. Hoping it performs.
    edited Dec 17, 2018 #119
    Just got an email from PXG announcing pre-orders and with a link to schedule a fitting.

"As a valued member of the PXG Troops, we’re handing you the keys to PXG’s game-changing new club technology. Schedule your fitting fast to test drive the new PXG 0811 X GEN2 Driver before the rest of the field has their turn.

Call 844.PLAY.PXG to pre-order."

Srixon 785 4-P, PXLZ 6.5
    thewral wrote:

Just got an email from PXG announcing pre-orders and with a link to schedule a fitting.

"As a valued member of the PXG Troops, we’re handing you the keys to PXG’s game-changing new club technology. Schedule your fitting fast to test drive the new PXG 0811 X GEN2 Driver before the rest of the field has their turn.

Call 844.PLAY.PXG to pre-order."

Did they have pricing available for the new line?
    Nope, will post if I find out

Srixon 785 4-P, PXLZ 6.5