Best Golf Shoes for Walking

I plan walking a lot more rounds in 2019. I was hoping to get some feedback on the best golf shoes for walking. I play throughout most the year in Michigan so I'm looking for some that are comfortable but can handle all conditions. Thanks!
PING G410 w/ ACCRA TZ6 65 M5
COBRA F9 Tour @ 16* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
PING G410 X-Over 3 w/ GD AD-DI 105x
Miura MC-501 4-PW w/ Modus3 120x
Miura Raw Tour Milled 52* (bent to 51*), 1957 55* C-grind, Raw Tour Milled 58* (bend to 59*) w/ Modus3 120x
SC Studio Select Newport 2 Mid Slant (Torched)
ProV1x | Vessel Players 2.0 Stand - Black

Comments

• One_Putt_BlunderOne_Putt_Blunder Members Posts: 10,801 ✭✭
    Whatever fits your foot best........................ it's gonna be a different answer for most people.
    [twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
    10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
    14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
    18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
    RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
    Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
    Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
    WITB Link
  • chisagchisag Members Posts: 2,938 ✭✭
    ... I always walk unless I am playing a mountain course or one with extreme distances between greens and tees. I have also had foot surgery so comfort is my #1 requirement and I have not found a more comfortable walking shoe than these FootJoys. I have 3 pair in reserve just in case they discontinue them, but these models have been around a long time, although under different names, so it looks like they aren't going anywhere. As already stated shoes are personal but if you like a sneaker style shoe these should be at the top of your "try them on" list.

https://www.footjoy.com/golf-shoes/men/spiked/golf-sneaker/014SPE.html?dwvar_014SPE_color=56732#gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj92_uNrP3wIVkbbACh16Jg8BEAAYASABEgIScPD_BwE&start=15
    Cobra F9 Tour Length ... Atmos Blue TS 65s
    Cobra F9 15.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 75s
    Adams LS 19* ... Kuro Kage Black 75s
    TaylorMade UDi 18* 2 iron... HZRDUS Black 85hy
    Taylor Made P790 4 iron ... Recoil Prototype 95
    5-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95's
    SM6 52* F Grind /SM7 D Grind 58* ... Recoil 110s
    Bobby Grace 6330 ... 33.5"
  • kcsfkcsf Members Posts: 1,057 ✭✭
    I've found the Ecco GTX 3's to be the most comfortable golf shoes for walking rounds. They feel like slippers with little to no break-in period.
    TM M3 Green Mamba 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour HL 3w Green Mamba
    Ping i500 irons
    Ping Glide 2.0 50* & 56* wedges
    O-Works #7s red
  • cflo2382cflo2382 Members Posts: 326 ✭✭

Whatever fits your foot best........................ it's gonna be a different answer for most people.

Yeah, I figured that. Just wanting to see some people's input in terms of walking comfort and durability.

chisag wrote:

... I always walk unless I am playing a mountain course or one with extreme distances between greens and tees. I have also had foot surgery so comfort is my #1 requirement and I have not found a more comfortable walking shoe than these FootJoys. I have 3 pair in reserve just in case they discontinue them, but these models have been around a long time, although under different names, so it looks like they aren't going anywhere. As already stated shoes are personal but if you like a sneaker style shoe these should be at the top of your "try them on" list.

https://www.footjoy....PD_BwE&start=15

Thanks, I'll keep those ones in mind.
    Miura Raw Tour Milled 52* (bent to 51*), 1957 55* C-grind, Raw Tour Milled 58* (bend to 59*) w/ Modus3 120x
  • Billy__BarooBilly__Baroo Well...we're waiting! Members Posts: 106 ✭✭
    +1 for Ecco's. Literally just about any of them except for the more traditional saddles are perfect for walking. I found the Biom Hydromax's years ago (discontinued now) and I've now owned 7-8 pairs, I think? I search Ebay periodically and pick up any new ones that pop up in my size. There was also an ecco outlet by my house where I was able to snag a couple pairs on the cheap. I've tried Footjoy, Adidas, Nike...they all are solid shoes, but none compare to Ecco. I literally tell people all the time that I swear these shoes were made to a mold of my foot. I don't own any other shoes that cradle my feet like these do. That being said, they probably don't have that fit on everyone, so just try a bunch of pairs at your local shop and see what feels right.
    Cobra F8 10.5* w/ Motore Speeder TS 7.3
    Titleist TS2 18* w/ HZRDUS Smoke
    PXG 0317 22* w/ ADDI
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW w/ KBS S-Taper
    Mizuno MP-T5 52* 56* 60* w/ S400 TI
    Evnroll ER2 34"

+1 for Ecco's. Literally just about any of them except for the more traditional saddles are perfect for walking. I found the Biom Hydromax's years ago (discontinued now) and I've now owned 7-8 pairs, I think? I search Ebay periodically and pick up any new ones that pop up in my size. There was also an ecco outlet by my house where I was able to snag a couple pairs on the cheap. I've tried Footjoy, Adidas, Nike...they all are solid shoes, but none compare to Ecco. I literally tell people all the time that I swear these shoes were made to a mold of my foot. I don't own any other shoes that cradle my feet like these do. That being said, they probably don't have that fit on everyone, so just try a bunch of pairs at your local shop and see what feels right.

Thanks for the reply. I've heard great things about Ecco's. The challenge I have (probably should of mentioned) is that I wear a size 13-14. I can never find any of these to try on at the stores.
  • Bushwood Country ClubBushwood Country Club Bushwood Country Club Members Posts: 837 ✭✭
    Eccos for dead solid sure.... Try Zappos, you can order multiple sizes and shipping is free both ways
    • TaylorMade M3, Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Blue 6S
    • Callaway Rogue 3 Wood, HZRDUS red, 6.0
    • Callaway Rogue 5 Wood, HZRDUS red, 6.0
    • Callaway Rogue Hybrid 4/21, Graphite Design AD-DI 85
    • Titleist AP3 5,6 , Project X LZ 6.0
    • Titleist AP2 7-9, Project X LZ 6.0
    • Vokey SM7 46/8F, 50/12F, 54/10S, 60/12D Project X LZ 6.0
    • Scotty Cameron Delmar
  • davep043davep043 Members Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    I've worn Footjoy, True, Ecco, and Ashworth shoes over the last decade, all comfortably.
  • kejoal11kejoal11 IYAOYAS!!! Yokosuka, JapanMembers Posts: 1,118 ✭✭
    edited Jan 2, 2019 2:41pm #10
    I'm a big guy and I love to walk and have found the adidas tour boost 360 2.0's to be the best and most comfortable shoe for me to walk in. Provides a lot of cushion and support.
    In My Bag
    PING G400 Max 9* PX Hazardous T1100 6.5 75g
    TM SLDR TP 3W Fujikura Motore Speeder TSX 8.3
    TM SLDR TP 2H Matrix Black Tie 95HX
    TM P790 3-PW Modus 120X
    Vokey SM6 58*, 50*
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black/MTB-X
    #insideTMAG 2013
  • TNGolfer8TNGolfer8 Members Posts: 248 ✭✭
    From personal experience , New Balance and Footjoy. I know others that are very happy with Ecco and Skechers.
    Driver-PIng G400 Max
    3W- Ping G400
    5W-Wishon 949mc
    25* Maltby Tour Hybrid
    5-GW- Maltby TE Forged
    SW- Ping Glide 2.0 56*
    LW- Ping Glide 2.0 60*
    Maltby Pure Track Tour Milled Blade Putter
    Ball- Snell MTB Black

Also frequently used-
    Wishon 919 thi
    Maltby UFW 7W
  • HernascoHernasco Members Posts: 100 ✭✭
    One complaint I have with many of the golf shoes I have is the poor quality insoles put in the shoes by manufacturers. Sometimes my new shoes insoles have holes in them after only a few weeks. I've learned to replace insoles frequently, and too, I've learned to cut off corns and fix blisters and calluses on my feet well enough probably to practice podiatry! Too, I won't use spikeless golf shoes anymore because they slip too often on ground hitting balls. Need dry shoes also, my golf shoes need to be water proof so my feet stay dry.
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,260 ✭✭
    I'd guess that much like golf shafts or clubs, it totally depends on you and finding a shoe that foots your foot shape. You likely won't like Nike or Adidas shoes if you've got a super wide or high instep foot. Equally as important to be comfortable for long walking is orthotics like Superfeet etc in the shoe to provide support.

If you've got a pretty generic foot (not too wide or skinny) then I'd say just about anything that isn't super stiff should be fine.
    WITB
    Epic SZ HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.5
    LTD  Proforce 75F5
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120 FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• caniac6caniac6 Members Posts: 2,711 ✭✭
    I really like the FootJoy Versaluxe. They have been discontinued, and If you can still find them, they will be at a good price.
  • sirparalotsirparalot Members Posts: 715 ✭✭
    I just switched from being a long term ECCO wearer to Truelinkswear Outsiders. They are very comfortable and dry as a bone
  • JarlaxleJarlaxle Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 465 ✭✭
    I plan to give G Fore a shot the next time I'm in the market. Most reviews are fairly positive and I like the fact they come in so many different color combos. Plus they just look classy.
    "We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time."

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
    Mizuno JPX 900 3W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
    Titleist AP3 3 - 5 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Titleist AP2 6 - PW w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Miura Y Grind 51 w/ Project X 5.5
    Miura C Grind 55 w/ Project X 5.5
    Miura C Grind 59 w/ Project X 5.5
    Custom Edel E3
    Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag
  • Hester65Hester65 Members Posts: 602 ✭✭
    Puma Ignite spikeless
    There's nothing in the rule book that says you can't play drunk.
  • bluedotbluedot Members Posts: 3,386 ✭✭
    This thread is no different than any other equipment thread; most responses are going to be about what the individual is using at that moment. We all want to feel good about how we've spent our bucks, and I'm no different.

And the truth is, there are a lot of good options these days. Lots of people rave about Adidas, about True, and there are people that are incredibly loyal to Footjoy. Skechers have made great inroads, and I see lots of guys wearing those now.

Really, it comes down to what fits YOUR foot; I can't wear Footjoy or Nike because of the way the last is cut, but Eccos fit me perfectly. (Fwiw, Asics running shoes seem to have a similar last to Eccos, but I have no science or inside knowledge for that.) I ALWAYS walk, and years ago I had given up on wearing golf shoes; when I finished a round wearing FJ or Nike, I was crippled. I started getting New Balance cross trainers and waterproofing them; did that for several years until a friend finally convinced me pony up the money for a pair of Eccos. Within a couple of months, I was wearing nothing but Eccos, including street shoes to work and dress shoes to church.

I'll also mention this about Eccos, though it may be true for others brands as well. You can take a pair of Eccos out of the box and walk 18 holes and you'll feel like you're in the best broken-in pair of shoes you've ever had. And even at that, the Biom Hybrid 3 is something special; those I don't even want to take off when I get home. They're that good.
  • Billy__BarooBilly__Baroo Well...we're waiting! Members Posts: 106 ✭✭
    Jarlaxle wrote:

I plan to give G Fore a shot the next time I'm in the market. Most reviews are fairly positive and I like the fact they come in so many different color combos. Plus they just look classy.

Try to find somewhere to try them on if you can, although I know that's not necessarily easy. I bought a pair last year because I loved the look of them and saw a handful of tour players were rocking them as well, but I just didn't find them to be very comfortable. I tried to break them in and walk a couple rounds with them, but they are now strictly cart shoes. I was pretty bummed because I got the masters edition, which is white with green and gold trim like my Packers, but they now sit on a shelf in the garage and stare at me. image/bye.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />
    Cobra F8 10.5* w/ Motore Speeder TS 7.3
    Titleist TS2 18* w/ HZRDUS Smoke
    PXG 0317 22* w/ ADDI
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW w/ KBS S-Taper
    Mizuno MP-T5 52* 56* 60* w/ S400 TI
    Evnroll ER2 34"
  • herdmanherdman Members Posts: 714 ✭✭
    I have come to the conclusion that most every golf shoe sucks as compared to running shoes. I am tempted to just stop wearing golf shoes.
  • Double DutchDouble Dutch Members Posts: 561 ✭✭
    herdman wrote:

I have come to the conclusion that most every golf shoe sucks as compared to running shoes. I am tempted to just stop wearing golf shoes.

That’s what I thought, until I got a pair of Skechers. Ugly yes, but so comfortable.
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tour75R
    Taylormade M1 3HL
    Callaway Apex 3 hybrid
    Callaway Apex CF16 4-P
    Callaway MackDaddy 4 50& 56 W-grind
    Scotty Cameron Newport original
  • BadshaftBadshaft Members Posts: 135 ✭✭
    edited Jan 2, 2019 4:49pm #22
    Hester65 wrote:

Puma Ignite spikeless

Second on these - very light and confortable

Also Sketchers with the GoGo mat are great-

My walk is about 7.5 Miles for 18
  • chisagchisag Members Posts: 2,938 ✭✭
    bluedot wrote:

This thread is no different than any other equipment thread; most responses are going to be about what the individual is using at that moment. We all want to feel good about how we've spent our bucks, and I'm no different.

And the truth is, there are a lot of good options these days. Lots of people rave about Adidas, about True, and there are people that are incredibly loyal to Footjoy. Skechers have made great inroads, and I see lots of guys wearing those now.

Really, it comes down to what fits YOUR foot; I can't wear Footjoy or Nike because of the way the last is cut, but Eccos fit me perfectly. (Fwiw, Asics running shoes seem to have a similar last to Eccos, but I have no science or inside knowledge for that.) I ALWAYS walk, and years ago I had given up on wearing golf shoes; when I finished a round wearing FJ or Nike, I was crippled. I started getting New Balance cross trainers and waterproofing them; did that for several years until a friend finally convinced me pony up the money for a pair of Eccos. Within a couple of months, I was wearing nothing but Eccos, including street shoes to work and dress shoes to church.

I'll also mention this about Eccos, though it may be true for others brands as well. You can take a pair of Eccos out of the box and walk 18 holes and you'll feel like you're in the best broken-in pair of shoes you've ever had. And even at that, the Biom Hybrid 3 is something special; those I don't even want to take off when I get home. They're that good.

... My playing pard absolutely loves his original Ecco Biom's and I bought a walking pair of Ecco's for the Mrs and she too loves them. So I found 2 pair on sale, but had to buy both to get the deal so I pulled the trigger as both pair were $50 less expensive than one pair at full retail. They gave me heel blisters the first time I walked a course in them. A few weeks later I tried the other pair in a cart and the same heel blisters showed up. Seems I need the higher heel of a sneaker type shoe so as comfortable as the Ecco's were right out of the box, they did not work on the course for me.
    Cobra F9 Tour Length ... Atmos Blue TS 65s
    Cobra F9 15.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 75s
    Adams LS 19* ... Kuro Kage Black 75s
    TaylorMade UDi 18* 2 iron... HZRDUS Black 85hy
    Taylor Made P790 4 iron ... Recoil Prototype 95
    5-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95's
    SM6 52* F Grind /SM7 D Grind 58* ... Recoil 110s
    Bobby Grace 6330 ... 33.5"
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,385 ✭✭
    edited Jan 2, 2019 4:55pm #24
    Nike and Adidas are the best IMO. Footjoy Classics are always going to be classy but their athletic line looks like they're made for diabetic patients. Unless there classics no one under the age of 60 wears Footjoys around here.

New balance also has some nice stuff.
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Project X HZRDUS Black Smoke 70 6.5
    TBD
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
    Srixon Zstar XV

GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
  • mike6055mike6055 A legend in my own mind Members Posts: 80 ✭✭
    Nike Roshie. Lightweight, good support and traction

Only downside is they aren’t waterproof.
    Auditioning drivers always
    Taylormade Aeroburner TP HL 3 wood
    Nike Covert 2.0 Tour 3 hybrid set at 20*
    mizuno Fli Hi hybrid 5&6 irons
    Mizuno JPX EZ 7-gw
    Original Vokey Spin Milled 54, 58
    Scotty Cameron Square Back Select
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,900 ✭✭
    Ecco biom hybrid if it’s not really wet ( traction ). Uber comfortable and water proof way longer than any other real leather shoe I’ve heard of. Like they do not leak but aren’t rubber or hard plastic like most tru water proof shoes.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    TM Tour M5 19.8 * Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX  
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • leftyshindigleftyshindig ClubWRX Posts: 74 ClubWRX
    If you have a narrow foot and don't mind the modern style, Nike Lunar Control Vapors, with the unique sole, is absolutely the best walking and performing spikeless golf shoe. I play 1-2 rounds a week and walk every round, and I have yet to find a better, more comfortable golf shoe.
    Flash Sub Zero
    Flash Sub Zero 15
    Epic Hybrid 20, 23
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 5-PW
    SM5/6 48,54,58
    O Works 2 Ball Black

SM 4 plus
    Alphard E wheels
  • herdmanherdman Members Posts: 714 ✭✭

herdman wrote:

That's what I thought, until I got a pair of Skechers. Ugly yes, but so comfortable.

I have some skechers golf shoes. Good but not as good as their running shoes. I think it is impossible to make a golf shoe as comfortable as a good pair of running shoes.
  • KParksKParks Members Posts: 69 ✭✭
    They are getting to be harder to find since I think they discontinued them but the Nike Lunar Control Vapor 2 are amazing for me (but I've always found that Nikes in all kinds of shoes have just always fit my feet well).

What is so great about those for walking golf shoes is that they are SUPER light which is my biggest knock against a lot of golf shoes if walking. Also, the traction on their "spikeless" sole is amazing, I actually think that they grip and hold better than any spiked shoe that I have worn before.
  • Soccerrick10Soccerrick10 Members Posts: 80 ✭✭
    I am on that quest too. Haven’t had a pair of FJ’s that didn’t kill my feet. Nike’s just aren’t wide enough either. I like the looks of the ECCOs but it doesn’t look like they come in wide widths. I’m looking at Sketchers hoping they will have a solution.
    edited Jan 2, 2019 7:10pm #31
    Hester65 wrote:

Puma Ignite spikeless

Are these legit? I looked at a pair in the store yesterday. They definitely look nice.. of course no 13 or 14 to try on.