2019 Callaway Apex & Apex Pro Iron Pics

1356789

Comments

  • DTown3011DTown3011 #DTown3011 ClubWRX Posts: 3,571 ClubWRX
    CT10 wrote:


    Has anyone actually seen the 8 iron through to wedge in the combo set?

    I have heard they will be the same colour as the standard apex but are they exactly the same shape as the pro iron?




    I think they are subtlety different. According to Callaway:



    “the Apex Pro in irons 8-A is a result of all new tooling which adjusts the lofts and blends the leading edge for a seamless transition between the two models.”
    Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
    Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
    Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
    X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120S
    MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
    Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
    Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track
  • anthony007anthony007 Members Posts: 432 ✭✭
    DTown3011 wrote:

    CT10 wrote:


    Has anyone actually seen the 8 iron through to wedge in the combo set?

    I have heard they will be the same colour as the standard apex but are they exactly the same shape as the pro iron?




    I think they are subtlety different. According to Callaway:



    "the Apex Pro in irons 8-A is a result of all new tooling which adjusts the lofts and blends the leading edge for a seamless transition between the two models."




    Here is the 8 iron on the combo set - i just received a set today 5-P
  • webberwebber Webber Members Posts: 1,607 ✭✭
    Anyone know why the DG 120 Tour Issue is Offered in the Apex 19 and Apex Combo 19 but not the Pro?
    Taylormade M4 9.5 Evenflow Black 65 6.5
    Taylormade M4 15* Evenflow Black 75 6.5
    Titleist 816 H2 19* Diamana D+ 90 X
    Ping iBlade 4-PW PX LZ 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50F-54S, Taylormade Hi-Toe 60.10
    Taylormade Spider Red
    Pro V1
  • Captain Morgan Captain Morgan Members Posts: 708 ✭✭
    Review of the Apex.



    Sent from my iPhone using GolfWRX Mobile
  • hef63303hef63303 Members Posts: 2,861 ✭✭
    webber wrote:


    Anyone know why the DG 120 Tour Issue is Offered in the Apex 19 and Apex Combo 19 but not the Pro?
    It is definitely offered in the Pro.
  • jcosjrgolfjcosjrgolf Members Posts: 552 ✭✭
    webber wrote:


    Anyone know why the DG 120 Tour Issue is Offered in the Apex 19 and Apex Combo 19 but not the Pro?


    I just viewed “tgw” and they show the DG 120 Tour Issue available for the 19 Apex Pro.
  • AggieleftyAggielefty Members Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Is the finish different in the combo set vs the standard sets? The combo 8 in the picture looks satin
  • jcosjrgolfjcosjrgolf Members Posts: 552 ✭✭
    Aggielefty wrote:


    Is the finish different in the combo set vs the standard sets? The combo 8 in the picture looks satin


    In the combo set, the Pro 8-AW is satin, same finish as the Apex.
  • DTown3011DTown3011 #DTown3011 ClubWRX Posts: 3,571 ClubWRX
    anthony007 wrote:

    DTown3011 wrote:

    CT10 wrote:


    Has anyone actually seen the 8 iron through to wedge in the combo set?

    I have heard they will be the same colour as the standard apex but are they exactly the same shape as the pro iron?




    I think they are subtlety different. According to Callaway:



    "the Apex Pro in irons 8-A is a result of all new tooling which adjusts the lofts and blends the leading edge for a seamless transition between the two models."




    Here is the 8 iron on the combo set - i just received a set today 5-P




    We’d need to see it at address to discern any differences but the satin finish looks 2000x better than the chrome.
    Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
    Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
    Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
    X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120S
    MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
    Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
    Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track
  • webberwebber Webber Members Posts: 1,607 ✭✭
    hef63303 wrote:

    webber wrote:


    Anyone know why the DG 120 Tour Issue is Offered in the Apex 19 and Apex Combo 19 but not the Pro?
    It is definitely offered in the Pro.




    Go to Callaway's website and see it's not and I called CG and they said it's not offered either.
    Taylormade M4 9.5 Evenflow Black 65 6.5
    Taylormade M4 15* Evenflow Black 75 6.5
    Titleist 816 H2 19* Diamana D+ 90 X
    Ping iBlade 4-PW PX LZ 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50F-54S, Taylormade Hi-Toe 60.10
    Taylormade Spider Red
    Pro V1
  • hef63303hef63303 Members Posts: 2,861 ✭✭
    webber wrote:

    hef63303 wrote:

    webber wrote:


    Anyone know why the DG 120 Tour Issue is Offered in the Apex 19 and Apex Combo 19 but not the Pro?
    It is definitely offered in the Pro.




    Go to Callaway's website and see it's not and I called CG and they said it's not offered either.
    I am a Callaway Sales Rep and it is in our order system in S400 and X100.
  • webberwebber Webber Members Posts: 1,607 ✭✭
    hef63303 wrote:

    webber wrote:

    hef63303 wrote:

    webber wrote:


    Anyone know why the DG 120 Tour Issue is Offered in the Apex 19 and Apex Combo 19 but not the Pro?
    It is definitely offered in the Pro.




    Go to Callaway's website and see it's not and I called CG and they said it's not offered either.
    I am a Callaway Sales Rep and it is in our order system in S400 and X100.




    Tried to order today online and over phone with Callaway and they could not process it??
    Taylormade M4 9.5 Evenflow Black 65 6.5
    Taylormade M4 15* Evenflow Black 75 6.5
    Titleist 816 H2 19* Diamana D+ 90 X
    Ping iBlade 4-PW PX LZ 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50F-54S, Taylormade Hi-Toe 60.10
    Taylormade Spider Red
    Pro V1
  • CT10CT10 Members Posts: 234 ✭✭
    anthony007 wrote:

    DTown3011 wrote:

    CT10 wrote:


    Has anyone actually seen the 8 iron through to wedge in the combo set?

    I have heard they will be the same colour as the standard apex but are they exactly the same shape as the pro iron?




    I think they are subtlety different. According to Callaway:



    "the Apex Pro in irons 8-A is a result of all new tooling which adjusts the lofts and blends the leading edge for a seamless transition between the two models."




    Here is the 8 iron on the combo set - i just received a set today 5-P




    Thanks for the pic.
  • davo32683davo32683 Members Posts: 2,095 ✭✭
    Any concern on the satin finishes? I remember they used to have some issues with the satin finish.
    Cobra F9 Avalanche 8° Accra TZ6 65 M5
    Titleist TS3 15° 3 Wood Evenflow White 75 6.5
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 125
    Titleist SM7 Raw 50° Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Oil Can Wedgeworks V Grind 54°
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 60°
    Evnroll ER5B
    Custom Torched Evnroll ER2
    Custom MannKrafted WB-XL Long Pipe Neck
  • ProStrykerProStryker Zombie Hunter Members Posts: 476 ✭✭
    I received my mixed set today from Callaway. 4-7 is Apex, and 8-AW is Apex Pro. They look awesome. Both sets have the same silver matte finish, kind of a brushed look. Both sides of the set match in color and tone. Custom ordered mine with Nippon Pro Modus 3 120’s. Weather look to be nice here this weekend, will play a couple of rounds.



    Ping G400, 9* GD ADDi 6
    Callaway Rogue 15*, GD ADDi 6
    Ping G410 hybrid, 19*, Tour 85
    Callaway Apex 19 Pro 4-GW, Pro Modus 3 Tour 120
    Titleist SM7 56 / 60
    Taylormade Spider X
    Titleist ProV1
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,502 ✭✭
    That Apex Pro looks mint!!!
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭
    I really wonder how Pro will fare vs P760. Anybody hit both?
    WITB
    Epic SZ HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.5
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120 FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

  • hef63303hef63303 Members Posts: 2,861 ✭✭
    webber wrote:

    hef63303 wrote:

    webber wrote:

    hef63303 wrote:

    webber wrote:


    Anyone know why the DG 120 Tour Issue is Offered in the Apex 19 and Apex Combo 19 but not the Pro?
    It is definitely offered in the Pro.




    Go to Callaway's website and see it's not and I called CG and they said it's not offered either.
    I am a Callaway Sales Rep and it is in our order system in S400 and X100.




    Tried to order today online and over phone with Callaway and they could not process it??
    Can't explain that. I can order them in our system.
  • KmacKmac Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    ProStryker wrote:


    I received my mixed set today from Callaway. 4-7 is Apex, and 8-AW is Apex Pro. They look awesome. Both sets have the same silver matte finish, kind of a brushed look. Both sides of the set match in color and tone. Custom ordered mine with Nippon Pro Modus 3 120's. Weather look to be nice here this weekend, will play a couple of rounds.




    So they matched the set up so both are silver matte and no shiny in the Pro? That is badass.
  • br61br61 3x Hackin' Hall of Shame SW MissouriMembers Posts: 2,625 ✭✭
    edited Jan 30, 2019 11:25am #81
    webber wrote:

    hef63303 wrote:

    webber wrote:

    hef63303 wrote:

    webber wrote:


    Anyone know why the DG 120 Tour Issue is Offered in the Apex 19 and Apex Combo 19 but not the Pro?
    It is definitely offered in the Pro.




    Go to Callaway's website and see it's not and I called CG and they said it's not offered either.
    I am a Callaway Sales Rep and it is in our order system in S400 and X100.




    Tried to order today online and over phone with Callaway and they could not process it??




    After I read this yesterday, I had my pro pull up his Callaway ordering site. Those shafts are on it.
    My bag of hacking utensils;

    Titleist TS3 9.5 PX Even Flow White 6.0(45")
    917F2 16.5* Diamana D+ 80 stiff
    816H1 19 & 23 Speeder 8.8 stiff
    Z585 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
    J15CB 4-PW Modus 120 stiff
    TM MG Bronze, 52*, 56* & 60* Modus Wedge 115
    Bobby Grace LFI 43"


  • Jordan SpeethJordan Speeth ClubWRX Posts: 1,090 ClubWRX
    edited Jan 31, 2019 11:05am #82
    I'm guessing that the Combo set will be a huge seller with these. I hit them yesterday at a local shop and was really impressed with the whole package; they look great, feel great, and look amazing behind the ball. The top line is a little fatter than I'm accustomed to but I can get used to it. The feel of the clubs is really good. Gonna be a really successful line, just like the last one.
    Cobra F8+ Driver 9.5*- XCaliber Superlite 45 S
    Callaway XR Pro 16* FW- Handcrafted PX LZ 6.0
    Ping G400 17* 2-Hybrid- Xcaliber Superlite Stiff
    Ping G 22* 4-Hybrid- Xcaliber Superlite Stiff
    Callaway Apex Pro 5-Gap- Steelfiber i95
    Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 52*/10, 56*/12- KBS Black Tour Custom-S
    Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 56- KBS Black Tour Custom-S
    Odyssey White Hot #7 38"- Superstroke Tank Slim 13"
    Golf Pride MCC Grips
    Wilson Duo Urethane (this week)
    MG Elite Glove
    2018 Ping Hoofer, Eliott Alistair Leather Bag
  • br61br61 3x Hackin' Hall of Shame SW MissouriMembers Posts: 2,625 ✭✭


    I'm guessing that the Combo set will be a huge seller with these. I hit them yesterday at a local shop and was really impressed with the whole package; they look great, feel great, and look amazing behind the ball. The top line is a little fatter than I'm accustomed to but I can get used to it. The feel of the clubs is really good. Gonna be a really successful line, just like the last one.




    I got to see them too, at a golf shop in Springfield, MO. They have a combo set with DG 120 TI S400 shafts. Felt and looked very nice.
    My bag of hacking utensils;

    Titleist TS3 9.5 PX Even Flow White 6.0(45")
    917F2 16.5* Diamana D+ 80 stiff
    816H1 19 & 23 Speeder 8.8 stiff
    Z585 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
    J15CB 4-PW Modus 120 stiff
    TM MG Bronze, 52*, 56* & 60* Modus Wedge 115
    Bobby Grace LFI 43"


  • mukstermukster Is this the year? North of the 49thMembers Posts: 3,500 ✭✭
    These look really nice. Will see if the Z765s hold their place in the bag this season...
    Callaway XR16 driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
    Callaway Epic Subzero 13.5, Mitsubishi Fubuki Z 65
    Mizuno ST180 5 wood, Tensei Blue shaft
    Nickent 3D 3 hybrid, generic shaft
    Srixon Z765 5-PW irons, KBS Tour V shafts
    Cleveland CBX 50* wedge
    Hogan Equalizer 54* wedge
    Mizuno S18 58* wedge
    Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter
  • DoublebuckDoublebuck Doublebuck Members Posts: 1,152 ✭✭


    I'm guessing that the Combo set will be a huge seller with these. I hit them yesterday at a local shop and was really impressed with the whole package; they look great, feel great, and look amazing behind the ball. The top line is a little fatter than I'm accustomed to but I can get used to it. The feel of the clubs is really good. Gonna be a really successful line, just like the last one.




    Agree they will be a good seller. Surprising considering they are really chunky looking and many don't like that. So many competitors are just clean looking and have similar performance.
  • Crooksc17Crooksc17 Members Posts: 767 ✭✭
    Doublebuck wrote:



    I'm guessing that the Combo set will be a huge seller with these. I hit them yesterday at a local shop and was really impressed with the whole package; they look great, feel great, and look amazing behind the ball. The top line is a little fatter than I'm accustomed to but I can get used to it. The feel of the clubs is really good. Gonna be a really successful line, just like the last one.




    Agree they will be a good seller. Surprising considering they are really chunky looking and many don't like that. So many competitors are just clean looking and have similar performance.




    I haven’t seen these in person yet so I’m curious what comparable irons have more of a players look but offer similar performance and feel? I’ve heard Z585 but I assumed those have as thick or thicker of a top line and sole and more offset but I also haven’t seen those in person yet
  • KmacKmac Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    Crooksc17 wrote:

    Doublebuck wrote:



    I'm guessing that the Combo set will be a huge seller with these. I hit them yesterday at a local shop and was really impressed with the whole package; they look great, feel great, and look amazing behind the ball. The top line is a little fatter than I'm accustomed to but I can get used to it. The feel of the clubs is really good. Gonna be a really successful line, just like the last one.




    Agree they will be a good seller. Surprising considering they are really chunky looking and many don't like that. So many competitors are just clean looking and have similar performance.




    I haven't seen these in person yet so I'm curious what comparable irons have more of a players look but offer similar performance and feel? I've heard Z585 but I assumed those have as thick or thicker of a top line and sole and more offset but I also haven't seen those in person yet




    The players distance category is getting pretty popular now so there's good options. I think I like these the best so far out of what I have seen - they look and feel great. But I am interested the smoke versions when they come out.
  • Crooksc17Crooksc17 Members Posts: 767 ✭✭
    ProStryker wrote:


    I received my mixed set today from Callaway. 4-7 is Apex, and 8-AW is Apex Pro. They look awesome. Both sets have the same silver matte finish, kind of a brushed look. Both sides of the set match in color and tone. Custom ordered mine with Nippon Pro Modus 3 120’s. Weather look to be nice here this weekend, will play a couple of rounds.




    Please report back after getting your set out on the course. I’m a little concerned about the gapping between the 7 Apex Forged iron and 8 pro iron. Seams like the 4.5* loft gap may be too big considering the different head make-up resulting in too big of a yardage gap
  • jcosjrgolfjcosjrgolf Members Posts: 552 ✭✭
    Crooksc17 wrote:

    ProStryker wrote:


    I received my mixed set today from Callaway. 4-7 is Apex, and 8-AW is Apex Pro. They look awesome. Both sets have the same silver matte finish, kind of a brushed look. Both sides of the set match in color and tone. Custom ordered mine with Nippon Pro Modus 3 120’s. Weather look to be nice here this weekend, will play a couple of rounds.




    Please report back after getting your set out on the course. I’m a little concerned about the gapping between the 7 Apex Forged iron and 8 pro iron. Seams like the 4.5* loft gap may be too big considering the different head make-up resulting in too big of a yardage gap


    I have the CF 16 Pro Combo equivalent set and the stronger Pro lofts (8-AW) fit seamlessly in for yardage gaps. I would suspect the CF 19’s would be the same.
  • boycer11boycer11 ClubWRX Posts: 3,464 ClubWRX
    I'm not a callaway guy, but hit the new apex. They were really consistent on the range and felt really good. If I was in the market for irons these would be high on the list.
    Ping G400 max tensei orange pro
    Callaway epic flash sz 3 wood
    Ping g400 5 wd rogue black 7s
    ping g410 tensei hybrid
    Epon 705 5-aw limited black kbs flt matte black/Callaway Apex 2019 combo
    miura limited black tour 2018 54/58
    taylormade jdm itsy bitsy spider
    ping hoofer
    tp5x
  • dlee723dlee723 Members Posts: 59 ✭✭
    I saw Cally was giving 1.5x trade in for the old cf16 when getting the 2019 so pulled the trigger on the pros. One thing I after a week of hitting them is the transition from 7 iron to 8 iron is pretty noticble. The sound is more clicky and it feels extra soft on the 7 iron. I'm guessing this is due to the cup facing starting with the 7 iron. Not a bad thing but it's almost having a combo set without buying one. The 7 iron and below feel like my old regular Apex and the 8 and above feel like more traditional player forged irons.
Sign In or Register to comment.