***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***

Update 8/14 - ***Migration work continues. Estimate Go Live to new board 8/17***

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Scotty Cameron with or without insert?

2»

Comments

• craz-ecraz-e Members  4428WRX Points: 506Handicap: 3Posts: 4,428 Titanium Tees

On -, @Forged4ever said:

Non-Insert~

Though I’ve gotta bunch, including a few T’s/customs with both insert and w/out, this is my All-Timer, one of 99 produced.

The feel is sublime

Cheers🍻
    RP

That's a putter I could game right there!

Posted:
    Driver = Taylormade SIM 7* Hzrdus green 6.0
    4 wood = Titleist TS2 Even flow white 6.0
    3 iron = Titleist U500 Hzrdus smoke 6.0
    Irons = Wilson Staff FG59,  4-PW
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56*
                  = Ping Glide 3.0 eye 2 60* 
    Putter = Scotty Cameron 2020 Special select Del Mar
    Ball = Taylormade TP5 Pix
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX  16032WRX Points: 1,534Posts: 16,032 ClubWRX

On -, @craz-e said:

On -, @Forged4ever said:

Non-Insert~

Though I’ve gotta bunch, including a few T’s/customs with both insert and w/out, this is my All-Timer, one of 99 produced.

The feel is sublime

Cheers🍻
    RP

That's a putter I could game right there!

Thanks Bro, it’s a sweet stick and I really think that his best work was his earlier stuff and some of his Mizzy putters like the “Reason.”

Stay well🍻
    RP

Posted:
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • drscott266drscott266 Members  667WRX Points: 221Posts: 667 Golden Tee

On -, @towncryer said:

On -, @NJGolfer0624 said:

On -, @towncryer said:

No inserts. Ever.
    I don't think Scotty has put out a production putter that has felt/sound GREAT since the first California line...light milling on stainless is perfect. Deep milling is muddy/muted. Inserts feel/sound dead to me.

The 2012/14 line has great feel.

I stand by it...muddy/muted sound and feel on deep milled putters. If you're into soft sound/feel, 2012/14 are awesome...and they're great looking putters, to boot! But, for me...I like the firmer responds from light milling on stainless or carbon.

Agreed on this. Initially I like the soft feel but it ends up feeling muddy to me, that’s a good way to put it. I have a 2011 Select that has lights milling, and the only other putter I can say might edge it is my Mil Spec. The carbon isn’t necessarily softer but it has a different feel, almost more solid to me.

Posted:

On -, @shankey said:

I’m with almost everybody. Have a studio stainless and it’s awesome. Had a new Laguna and it felt earful. I would love to see a new solid putter that wasn’t a gallery one that cost thousands

Studio stainless is another great one, I think those were weighted by length which is nice if you can find the one that fits what you like. Love the new sole weights for if you ever need to change length. I wish the older TEI3’s were heavier than 330, as it would be sweet to get one that I would actually feel comfortable putting with.

Posted:
  • KloeshumanKloeshuman Members  56WRX Points: 61Posts: 56 Bunkers

I just picked up a select newport 2 without insert and really perfer it over the later models.

Posted:
  • jwhite86jwhite86 ClubWRX  1027WRX Points: 390Handicap: 12Posts: 1,027 ClubWRX

The only inserts I liked were the Tei3 and the GSS insert in the Red X

Posted:
    WITB
    Driver: TS2 10.5 - Diamana DF 60 TX
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17º w/ Even Flow
    816 H1 21 - Blueboard
    Irons 5-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 50º Ping Glide 2.0
    54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277 

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

No insert all the way... mil Spec is my favorite!

Posted:
  • Pi5seekerPi5seeker Members  896WRX Points: 125Posts: 896 Golden Tee

I like the new Select line but have never tried the older Scotty's.

Posted:
    Cobra F8 10.5* UST Attas Coool 7S
    Cobra F8 5-6 17* Evenflow Blue 75
    Cobra F8 Hybrid 19* Smacwrap
    Cobra King Utility 22.5* C-Taper Lite
    Ping I210 5-UW PX LZ 6.0
    Bridgestone XW-1 56* 60* DG Spinner
    Odyssey Strokelab Seven S
    Chrome Soft
    Clicgear 3.5/Cobra King Ultradry
  • FlyOverFlyOver SoCalMembers  394WRX Points: 108Handicap: 5Posts: 394 Greens

I have a modified Detour Newport 2 with a custom copper insert by Peter Jans and a Studio Style with a GSS insert. I would say both feel just as good as my Newport Mil-Spec and ahead of my 2012 deep milled Newport 2.

Posted:
  • KloeshumanKloeshuman Members  56WRX Points: 61Posts: 56 Bunkers

So i just took out a sc select newport 2 without insert today, compared it to a wilson milled 8802...the cameron won out

Posted:
  • BDowningBDowning Members  197WRX Points: 112Posts: 197 Fairways

Insert guy through and through.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.