2019 Titleist T100 irons

Comments

• Im_A_SavageIm_A_Savage WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jun 22, 2019 3:21am #32

I hope my 718 AP2's last a long, long time. Because the direction Titleist is heading is most troubling.

I'm glad I bought an extra 718 AP2 8 iron so I can use that for most of my range work and save the wear and tear on my gamer set.

• Titleist_BallerTitleist_Baller ClubWRX Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭✭

These don’t excite me at all.

• JonnyKrasnodarJonnyKrasnodar Members Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The T100 badge section looks vaguely like the 900/919 part of the Mizuno irons. Looks unusual to me seeing such badging on a Titleist iron but I could get used to them. The AP2s always looked classy and the finish on these are similar. Very nice.

• wfrogge1wfrogge1 Members Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Am I the only one that thinks they look ok?

• JonnyKrasnodarJonnyKrasnodar Members Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@wfrogge1 said:
    Am I the only one that thinks they look ok?

Nope, I think they look OK, it's just an unusual look to see from Titleist but over the week they have grown on me

Dozens of all Titleist AP2 fan boys at my club so it'll be interesting to see 1) what they actually think of the looks & 2) whether or not they bag the T100s.

• gvogelgvogel Members Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

They look fine. If you are an AP2 player, at some point you will migrate to T100. They might even offer a better performance.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse
  • therealjonzonetherealjonzone Members Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@gvogel said:
    They look fine. If you are an AP2 player, at some point you will migrate to T100. They might even offer a better performance.

Unequivocally, no.....only Titleist homers maybe, just maybe get them.....but I love Titleist, and even if I won a set these probably wouldn’t even make the bag.

• ProjectX_MizunoProjectX_Mizuno Members Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think they look fine. I am more concerned about the spin rate. Hopefully these don’t spin as much as past AP2’s.

• duck hookduck hook Members Posts: 1,106 ✭✭

saw these in person today, they look awesome! if you've liked AP2 in the past , you are going to like these as well. Thinner top line than the 718, and they set up perfectly in the address position

• ShakespeareShakespeare Members Posts: 90 ✭✭✭

If every badge in the cavity fell off, it might look okay. Alot going on back there. I Like them looking down from the top however.

• MizunoMac72MizunoMac72 Members Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

@pegleg said:
    This thread is 100% about looks - zero concern for playability. Where any technology is concerned, form is bound to follow function. See - Ping Eye 2, et al.
    If all that matters is pretty, play musclebacks and wear a tiara.

😂👍🏻💄👄💅🏻

"My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch"
    - Lee Trevino

@duck hook said:
    saw these in person today, they look awesome! if you've liked AP2 in the past , you are going to like these as well. Thinner top line than the 718, and they set up perfectly in the address position

At the end of the day this and the playability is all that matters, not what the back/cavity looks like. I guess if they don't like how the iron heads look whilst in the bag they could always use iron covers! 🤔😬

- Lee Trevino

• ChexChex CHEX Dallas, TXMembers Posts: 34 ✭✭

My initial reaction was that these are ugly and way to busy. Call me vain but I’m a sucker for aesthetics and I like to have clubs in my bag that have a look that appeals to me. Still, performance trumps looks and you don’t win tournaments because your clubs look “purdy”. After taking a moment to do some side by side analysis with the previous generation I had to ask myself, “do they really look any busier than the last few generation of AP2?” The answer to me is “not really”, they look equally busy, maybe even less so? Maybe we just need some more time to get used to them?

Instagram: @TourUseOnly

@Chex said:
    My initial reaction was that these are ugly and way to busy. Call me vain but I’m a sucker for aesthetics and I like to have clubs in my bag that have a look that appeals to me. Still, performance trumps looks and you don’t win tournaments because your clubs look “purdy”. After taking a moment to do some side by side analysis with the previous generation I had to ask myself, “do they really look any busier than the last few generation of AP2?” The answer to me is “not really”, they look equally busy, maybe even less so? Maybe we just need some more time to get used to them?

I understand and agree with what you are saying “do they really look any busier than the last few generation of AP2?” It is true, they look just equally as busy, but not as busy as the 716 AP2's. I prefer the silver/chrome look of the cavity infills, rather than the black. Since the 718's they now look more classy, especially without that awful 'tungsten' branding.

- Lee Trevino

• HiTrajLoSpinHiTrajLoSpin East TennesseeMembers Posts: 74 ✭✭

@pegleg said:
    This thread is 100% about looks - zero concern for playability. Where any technology is concerned, form is bound to follow function. See - Ping Eye 2, et al.

In this case, if form follows function, then I'm not expecting much in the way of performance.

• sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

My rep told me that the T100 has less offset than 718 AP2's.

• pdaeropdaero Lefty Boomers Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I really like the look of them, and think they look sharp. Of the AP2 releases, the 716 was probably my favorite, based on appearance. Haven't hit the 718 line really at all.

Titleist 917D2 9.5* w/ Aldila X-Torsion Copper 60TX
    Titleist 915F 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
    Titleist 915H 18* w/ Diamana S+ 90X
    Titleist 716CB 3-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
    Vokey SM6 53.09*, 59.07* w/ DG TI S400
    PING Anser Milled 0 34"
  • Pinging77Pinging77 NMMembers Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited Jun 27, 2019 12:08pm #51

Saw a whole set today and while some may not like the cavity cosmetics, they look just like the MB and CB at address. Feel much better than the 718 AP2s (had my old set for comparison). Should be a good candidate for a combo set with MB or CB models..Very impressed. The other models, not so much. Never liked the AP1 and the T300 follows suit ugh. The T200 felt, looked, and performed worse than a set of 718AP3s they had..

Before these I liked the 714AP2s the best, pretty disappointed in the looks and performance of the 716 and 718 models..

Post edited by Pinging77 on
  • JoeyAK7JoeyAK7 Stuart, FLMembers Posts: 31 ✭✭

Really glad to hear that Pinging77. I called and spoke with a really helpful rep at Titleist today with questions I had. He recommended waiting on the T100’s and referenced a noticeably thinner top line and less offset than the 718 AP2’s. He also mentioned that during the seeding process there’s been a lot mentioned about improved turf interaction, which is a huge plus for me.

The thinner top line and less offset was what made them look better at address compared to the 718s. Can’t say I noticed any different turf interaction, but I was at a CC range that had fresh perfect grass tees.

• sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Pinging77, Are they more or less forgiving than the AP2's ? or is it a toss-up? Do they look smaller? larger?

Thanks !

edited Jun 27, 2019 12:03pm #55

They are very similar as far as forgiveness. They appear very slightly smaller and look more like the MB at address than the AP2s which had a chunkier look at address when compared to the 718MBs. The rep. did mention a number of pros who have never been interested in AP2s are putting 1 or 2 of the T100 long irons in their bags.

• gvogelgvogel Members Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Pinging77 said:
    Saw a whole set today and while some may not like the cavity cosmetics, they look just like the MB and CB at address. Feel much better than the 718 AP2s (had my old set for comparison). Should be a good candidate for a combo set with MB or CB models..Very impressed. The other models, not so much. Never liked the AP1 and the T300 follows suit ugh. The T200 felt, looked, and performed worse than a set of 718AP3s they had..

Before these I liked the 714AP2s the best, pretty disappointed in the looks and performance of the 716 and 718 models..

My 714 AP2's are looking better and better.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse
  • JoeyAK7JoeyAK7 Stuart, FLMembers Posts: 31 ✭✭

Thanks for your feedback Pinging77. All great news. I’m a former 690.mb player and currently game AP3’s. They have been great for me, but I’m ready to get back into a forged Titleist iron. The cosmetics of the T100’s have grown on me a lot since their first pictures were released. I think part of the disappointment was due to seeing the cavity of the T300 long irons first. Appearance at address is paramount, and it seems noticeable improvements have been made. It’s great you were able to have first hand experience. I’m very excited to get these when they release.

• MooJerseyMooJersey MarylandMembers Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's always Mizuno if Titleist doesn't get it's act together by the next release...

Cobra F8 Driver
    Cobra F8 3W
    Titleist 718 AP2 3-PW
    Vokey Jet Black SM7 50.08F
    Vokey Jet Black SM7 54.08M
    Vokey Jet Black SM7 60.04L
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

• mtnbiker5mtnbiker5 Members Posts: 332 ✭✭✭✭

Have to test and compare the numbers and feel. I haven't been impressed with the launches of AP2's across the boards. Other than cosmetics no significant change in numbers or feel. We shall see. The numbers don't lie.

• tgg27tgg27 Member Members Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

I saw these today and thought they looked really good. They definitely have reduced the offset and they do appear to be a little more compact. I saw a full set and the 3 and 4 irons are tempting to combo with the MBs or CBs.

My ITB changes too frequently to keep up with it here.
  • TomDTomD Members Posts: 14 ✭✭

I can’t understand why they would change the ap line when it had been such a winner. I still play 714 ap2 and will likely move to the 718

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file