Defining Moment- Ping Customer Service

 Babydaddy ·  
BabydaddyBabydaddy  939WRX Points: 171Members Posts: 939 Golden Tee
Joined:  edited Jul 26, 2019 in Deal or No Deal? #1

So- I have posted about how Ping replaced a hoofer carry bag that was technically out of warranty- that's pretty cool.
I sent my s55's to have them face blasted. They received the irons last Thursday- I called to see about them on Monday and the guy said allow for 7-10 business days- my guess is they will ship Friday (today) and you will receive them Wednesday (next week).
I came home Wednesday (two days ago) and there were my Ping irons!
the faces all had covers on them-
Upon inspection I noticed that they replaced the cushin shaft stickers on their own volition ( I said nothing about them) - some of them had been curled up and frayed, etc.. they replaced all of them with new stickers.
Basically- it's like they care about your clubs!
This is one of those things that just speaks to the identity of someone or something- as my friend calls it "defining moment"- that is what Ping is.
This makes me so happy to be a customer.

Posted:
«1
2

Comments

  • balls_deepballs_deep Wanna earn 14 bucks the hard way? 2174WRX Points: 1,400Handicap: SnowMembers Posts: 2,174 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #2

    Great company.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • pheenomz4774pheenomz4774  968WRX Points: 189Members Posts: 968 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #3

    Excellent customer service. Every interaction I've had with them has been top notch.

    Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 9° Diamana Blueboard 60s
    Fairway: Ping G410 14.5° Tensei Orange 70s
    Hybrids: Ping G410 19° and 22° Tensei Blue 80s
    Irons: Ping iBlade 5-9 (power spec)/PW Modus 120s
    Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 52°SS, 56°WS, 60°TS 
    Putter: Ping Sigma 2 Tyne
    Ball: Still searching
  • MitchellMitchell  5627WRX Points: 464Members Posts: 5,627 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #4

    Ping truly gets customer service right, very impressed with my limited interactions with them.

    Posted:
    Titleist 910d3 9.5* (d4 surefit) Motore Speeder TS 7.3
    Titleist 917f2 16.5* (c2 surefit) Motore Speeder TS 8.3
    Titleist 818 h1 21* (c2 surefit) Atmos blue TS 8
    Titleist 962b 3-pw s400 
    Vokey sm7 raw M 54*  s400
    Vokey raw 260-08 C-C  60*  s300
    Cameron '95 Laguna
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolina 30311WRX Points: 6,678Handicap: NONEMembers Posts: 30,311 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #5

    Yep. Ping converted me this year. And it started with a rep who was watching a TM thread on this site and noticed the frustrations with a certain order of limited ( or not limited) irons that were months behind. This person reached out. And months of testing and back and forth im converted almost completely. Not saying their clubs are superior. ( but they may be) but the service is genuine. And it’s above and beyond.

    I love the direction the company is going in as well. They are leading the way in design and not just in the forgiveness dept. performance overall.

    Posted:
    TM SIM max 10.8 Fuji Ventus red 6x 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3- PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 1.5 009. Sound slot,  tungsten weights. 


  • BabydaddyBabydaddy  939WRX Points: 171Members Posts: 939 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #6

    On -, @bladehunter said:

    Yep. Ping converted me this year. And it started with a rep who was watching a TM thread on this site and noticed the frustrations with a certain order of limited ( or not limited) irons that were months behind. This person reached out. And months of testing and back and forth im converted almost completely. Not saying their clubs are superior. ( but they may be) but the service is genuine. And it’s above and beyond.

    I love the direction the company is going in as well. They are leading the way in design and not just in the forgiveness dept. performance overall.

    I'm telling you- it's real. They genuinely get it right- and the clubs don't suck either, :)

    Posted:
  • drvrwdgedrvrwdge  2536WRX Points: 242Handicap: +.7Members Posts: 2,536 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #7

    They have replaced 3 drivers and 2 sets of irons for me. All out of warranty all several iterations old and always with the latest and greatest and to the exact specs that I wanted. I am Ping all the way through from bag to towel and I'll never use anything else.

    Posted:
    Ping G410 LST Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* (set to 16*) Diamana BF 70TX
    Srixon U85 20* Recoil 95 F
    Srixon z785 4-6 C Taper 130
    Srixon zForged 7-PW C Taper 130
    Cleveland RTX4 50/54/58 Modus 125 Wedge
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Steath, Stealth shaft. PP58 Black Cord
    '19 Pro V1x
    Jones Player Series Heather Brown
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • JoelsimJoelsim  1362WRX Points: 491Handicap: 12Members Posts: 1,362 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #8

    On -, @drvrwdge said:

    They have replaced 3 drivers and 2 sets of irons for me. All out of warranty all several iterations old and always with the latest and greatest and to the exact specs that I wanted. I am Ping all the way through from bag to towel and I'll never use anything else.

    Thanks Marty. 😜

    Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 10.5 Reg Ping Alta 44.5”
    Fairway: Cobra King Ltd Black 5 Wood Aldila Rogue Stiff and TaylorMade M6 3 Wood
    Utility: Wilson Staff Model Utility #3 Regular KBS
    Hybrid: Titleist TS2 21* Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Irons: Ping G410 5-PW (#5 at power spec loft)
    Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy Jaws 60W Low and Mack Daddy 4 64S, Cleveland CBX 2 50 and 54 Rotex 
    Putters: Bettinardi Studio Stock #3 (Jumbo Lamkin), Bettinardi Studio Stock #28 Slotback (Winn Dri-Tac), Bettinardi Queen Bee #9 (Winn Dri-Tac), Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Palm Beach (Winn Dri-Tac),  Cleveland Huntington Beach #10 (Winn Dri-Tac), Piretti Forza (Piretti Fat Grip), Piretti Matera Elite (Piretti Fat Grip), Piretti Cottonwood II (Piretti Fat Grip).
  • gripandripgripandrip  1161WRX Points: 198Members Posts: 1,161 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #9

    How about some pics of the irons.....

    Posted:
  • tbowles411tbowles411  25583WRX Points: 721Handicap: GolfClubWRX Posts: 25,583 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #10

    It's what they do.

    Posted:
    G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra 80i
    G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
    Glide 3.0 54WS, 58WS Accra 80i
    PING Bruzer
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**





  • RogerinNewZealandRogerinNewZealand Maungakeikei Auckland New Zealand 2737WRX Points: 252Members Posts: 2,737 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #11

    Agree. Best service ever in nz in mid 1990s when i started golf. The Agent was in the mid point from home to work....still love em ! Always some Ping near my bag..B60 ..looking at one lastnight!

    Posted:
    2020 late Feb
    Good swing,rhythm
    Balance and grip

    Nike vrs 3wd 15
    Titleist917F2 17.25!
    Ping G 7wd at 20

    MP63  pw 987654
    Mp100 arriving..

    MD2 50S
    588 56 TourAction
    Ping Glide 56 12ss
    588 RTX 2 60/10
    ProPlatinumMidSLT
    Oct to March season



  • Chuck905Chuck905  1382WRX Points: 243Handicap: 7Members Posts: 1,382 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #12

    I’ve had great experiences with them in the past as well.

    Posted:
    Epic SZ 11* Tensei White 75
    Epic SZ Strong 3 Wood, 13.5*
    Callaway Apex 18mb (2-PW)
    RTX-4 54* and 60*
    Odyssey RX9 Putter
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to Canada 13332WRX Points: 2,206Handicap: 1.6Members Posts: 13,332 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #13

    I once got a new set of irons when the grips failed, they had no more of the same grips so the swingweight was botched. Incredible customer service.
    There's a reason I support their brand every new cycle

    Posted:

    Ping G400 LST 11* Blueboard Matte 53x
    Ping G400 3w 15.1* Oban Revenge 65x
    Callaway GBB 5w 18* Aldila NVS Pink 85x 
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* GD Tour AD DI 95x
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* GD Tour AD DI 105x
    Mizuno 919T 6 - GW UST 95 Recoil f4 
    Ping Glide SS 54* wrx UST 110 Recoil f4
    Ping Glide ES 59* wrx UST 110 Recoil f4
    Callaway PM grind 64* UST 110 Recoil f4
    Piretti Matera Elite 

    '19 Index 0.9 ~ 3.7
  • T.B.T.B.  301WRX Points: 106Handicap: 10Members Posts: 301 Greens
    Joined:  #14

    Great company. They stand behind what they make. I would recommend ping to anyone looking for clubs. They are fair with prices and the repairs are fairly priced.

    Posted:
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, Canada 8142WRX Points: 355Handicap: ScotchMembers Posts: 8,142 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #15

    Quality equipment and quality service!!

    Posted:
    In the bag:

    Demoing for 2020.



    Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly!
  • No_Catchy_NicknameNo_Catchy_Nickname Kyushu,_Japan 5986WRX Points: 1,159Handicap: meMembers Posts: 5,986 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16

    Only had experience with Ping Japan's customer service, but no complaints. They were polite, and very quick with the repair.

    On -, @RogerinNewZealand said:

    Agree. Best service ever in nz in mid 1990s when i started golf. The Agent was in the mid point from home to work....still love em ! Always some Ping near my bag..B60 ..looking at one lastnight!

    Funnily enough I was just looking at B60 putters a few minutes ago on an auction site. I love the old BeCu B60s, but when I had one I hit everything left with it. Beautiful putters, but I don't have the right stroke for them.

    Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
    4w: TaylorMade R9 stock Fujikura Motore X flex
    7w TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
    Hybrid: RomaRo iBrid 23* Attas EZ 85S
    Irons (4i-PW): Mizuno MP4 Attas 115X 4-PW (+0.5")
    Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 Forged 52* and 58*, DGS400 (both at 35.5")
    Putter: Mac Jack Nicklaus Muirfield/Taylormade TPA XVIII/Wilson 8802

    Old stuff: Tons of persimmon and older irons. 
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE  4370WRX Points: 385Members Posts: 4,370 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #17

    They are about the only OEM left with great customer service. Several others used to have great customer service but some got acquired and some just decided not to provide high level of customer care. Think about it, Ping is about the only golf equipment company still standing from the inception of the business, all the way to present time.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • otwotw Doug Ferreri  348WRX Points: 113Members Posts: 348 Greens
    Joined:  #18

    Customer Service definitely top notch. Sent in 2 sets of Eye 2+ for my kids loft lie adjustments. Came back with fresh paint refill and faces blasted with no additional charge. 8 days total to Phoenix and back to FL Bladehunter's story about a rep reaching out show the dedication to the customer Ping has. A rep spent 30 minutes fitting me at the PGA show in Orlando even when I told her I still use my MP 68s.

    Posted:
    "Only the lazy ones fail !" Paul Bertholy, PGA


    www.dougferreri.com
  • Marco ColoMarco Colo  689WRX Points: 209Handicap: 18.5Members Posts: 689 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #19

    On -, @Babydaddy said:

    So- I have posted about how Ping replaced a hoofer carry bag that was technically out of warranty- that's pretty cool.
    I sent my s55's to have them face blasted. They received the irons last Thursday- I called to see about them on Monday and the guy said allow for 7-10 business days- my guess is they will ship Friday (today) and you will receive them Wednesday (next week).
    I came home Wednesday (two days ago) and there were my Ping irons!
    the faces all had covers on them-
    Upon inspection I noticed that they replaced the cushin shaft stickers on their own volition ( I said nothing about them) - some of them had been curled up and frayed, etc.. they replaced all of them with new stickers.
    Basically- it's like they care about your clubs!
    This is one of those things that just speaks to the identity of someone or something- as my friend calls it "defining moment"- that is what Ping is.
    This makes me so happy to be a customer.

    Send pics of your ‘new’ S55s please

    Posted:
  • buntabunta  776WRX Points: 442Members Posts: 776 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #20

    i wana see what this face-blasting is all about..

    Posted:
    TS3 / 785 / SM7 / Juno
  • pseudoswedepseudoswede Fear the Power Draw Parker, CO 1493WRX Points: 217Handicap: 9ishMembers Posts: 1,493 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #21

    I sent in a set (3-PW) of S55's I bought off eBay for $300 earlier this spring plus three Glide wedges in mid-June to have paintfill redone and to ensure the loft/lie were accurate. The PW also had some delamination going on. I got an e-mail that they were delivered, and I got a call later that afternoon. She said that the PW will need to be re-built and asked what kind of grip I wanted on it (MCC+4 Align)--no charge for that. She said that the lead time would be a week, which is when I told her that I would be out of the country for a month. She said no problem; they will simply delay all of the work and time it so I would get it when I return. Sure enough, I had a package delivered the Monday after I returned. I also got a voicemail on Monday afternoon; it was Ping telling me that the new PW had to be shipped separately and would arrive via next-day air on Tuesday.

    My set looks great, and the PW is especially minty. I would love to know what this face-blasting does.

    $60 is so worth the price to have Ping do all of the work for you.

    Posted:
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."

    --Unknown


    Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
    Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (orange dot)
    Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
    Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)
  • timbo08timbo08  2157WRX Points: 147Members Posts: 2,157 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #22

    On -, @pseudoswede said:

    I sent in a set (3-PW) of S55's I bought off eBay for $300 earlier this spring plus three Glide wedges in mid-June to have paintfill redone and to ensure the loft/lie were accurate. The PW also had some delamination going on. I got an e-mail that they were delivered, and I got a call later that afternoon. She said that the PW will need to be re-built and asked what kind of grip I wanted on it (MCC+4 Align)--no charge for that. She said that the lead time would be a week, which is when I told her that I would be out of the country for a month. She said no problem; they will simply delay all of the work and time it so I would get it when I return. Sure enough, I had a package delivered the Monday after I returned. I also got a voicemail on Monday afternoon; it was Ping telling me that the new PW had to be shipped separately and would arrive via next-day air on Tuesday.

    My set looks great, and the PW is especially minty. I would love to know what this face-blasting does.

    $60 is so worth the price to have Ping do all of the work for you.

    $60? That seems like a really good deal. Is that what they charge as a flat fee or is there a per club charge typically?

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • DrudershDrudersh  2974WRX Points: 248Handicap: +2ClubWRX Posts: 2,974 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #23

    I had a fitting done at the Tour Studio a few years back. During the fitting Bill Iseri saw my PW had some desert rash on it. He took it to the workshop unprompted and brought it back with the rash ground out and freshly polished. He told me they'd swing-weighted it before and afterwards to make sure it wasn't significantly effected by the grind and that it had only lost 1/4 point, and had it lost more they would've changed the CTP weight for me to accommodate the grind.

    How could customer service possibly get any better than that? Ping does such a good job.

    Posted:
    Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
    Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
    Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • pseudoswedepseudoswede Fear the Power Draw Parker, CO 1493WRX Points: 217Handicap: 9ishMembers Posts: 1,493 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #24

    On -, @timbo08 said:

    $60? That seems like a really good deal. Is that what they charge as a flat fee or is there a per club charge typically?

    $15 for 2-day UPS shipping label (e-mailed to you)
    $5 per club for simple repairs (paintfill, loft & lie adjustments) - it is capped at $30 (or six clubs); if you send more in the same shipment, it's no additional charge
    $15 for 2-day UPS shipping back to you

    They don't even charge your credit card for the first shipping label. You only get charged after you speak with them on the phone to confirm what is being done to your clubs and the cost of the repairs.

    Posted:
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."

    --Unknown


    Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
    Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (orange dot)
    Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
    Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)
  • drvrwdgedrvrwdge  2536WRX Points: 242Handicap: +.7Members Posts: 2,536 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #25

    So not sure if this is on Club Champion or Ping but I recently was fitted and purchased a new putter. Sigma 2 Tyne Stealth, fixed length stealth shaft, 3* flat with .5* of loft and the PP58 black cord midsize grip. When it came in the loft and lie were correct but it had the stock shaft and grip. The rep at Club Champion said they would send out the black shaft and he would swap them out at no charge. I followed up yesterday and he said the shaft would be here today.... Just got a call and instead of sending out the shaft Ping sent out a brand new putter to exact ordered specs. Meanwhile I played the mistake putter in a tourney over the weekend but will now have a brand new putter. Just awesome stuff on both accounts. Mistakes happen, resolving them is what matters.

    Posted:
    Ping G410 LST Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* (set to 16*) Diamana BF 70TX
    Srixon U85 20* Recoil 95 F
    Srixon z785 4-6 C Taper 130
    Srixon zForged 7-PW C Taper 130
    Cleveland RTX4 50/54/58 Modus 125 Wedge
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Steath, Stealth shaft. PP58 Black Cord
    '19 Pro V1x
    Jones Player Series Heather Brown
  • Jwoz09Jwoz09  242WRX Points: 81Members Posts: 242 Fairways
    Joined:  #26

    Pics of the 55's???

    Posted:
  • BabydaddyBabydaddy  939WRX Points: 171Members Posts: 939 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #27



    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • BabydaddyBabydaddy  939WRX Points: 171Members Posts: 939 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #28

    On -, @Marco Colo said:

    On -, @Babydaddy said:

    So- I have posted about how Ping replaced a hoofer carry bag that was technically out of warranty- that's pretty cool.
    I sent my s55's to have them face blasted. They received the irons last Thursday- I called to see about them on Monday and the guy said allow for 7-10 business days- my guess is they will ship Friday (today) and you will receive them Wednesday (next week).
    I came home Wednesday (two days ago) and there were my Ping irons!
    the faces all had covers on them-
    Upon inspection I noticed that they replaced the cushin shaft stickers on their own volition ( I said nothing about them) - some of them had been curled up and frayed, etc.. they replaced all of them with new stickers.
    Basically- it's like they care about your clubs!
    This is one of those things that just speaks to the identity of someone or something- as my friend calls it "defining moment"- that is what Ping is.
    This makes me so happy to be a customer.

    Send pics of your ‘new’ S55s please

    some pics below- it wasn't as dramatic as I hoped- They look more uniform but you can still see the spots a little.

    Posted:
  • Marco ColoMarco Colo  689WRX Points: 209Handicap: 18.5Members Posts: 689 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #29

    On -, @Babydaddy said:

    On -, @Marco Colo said:

    On -, @Babydaddy said:

    So- I have posted about how Ping replaced a hoofer carry bag that was technically out of warranty- that's pretty cool.
    I sent my s55's to have them face blasted. They received the irons last Thursday- I called to see about them on Monday and the guy said allow for 7-10 business days- my guess is they will ship Friday (today) and you will receive them Wednesday (next week).
    I came home Wednesday (two days ago) and there were my Ping irons!
    the faces all had covers on them-
    Upon inspection I noticed that they replaced the cushin shaft stickers on their own volition ( I said nothing about them) - some of them had been curled up and frayed, etc.. they replaced all of them with new stickers.
    Basically- it's like they care about your clubs!
    This is one of those things that just speaks to the identity of someone or something- as my friend calls it "defining moment"- that is what Ping is.
    This makes me so happy to be a customer.

    Send pics of your ‘new’ S55s please

    some pics below- it wasn't as dramatic as I hoped- They look more uniform but you can still see the spots a little.

    They look great though. Well done and thanks for the pics

    Posted:
  • Bad9Bad9  4690WRX Points: 553Handicap: 9.2Members Posts: 4,690 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #30

    My story to add. I bought a G400 driver head here some times last year. Used it parts of last season and parts of this season. All told I used it for about 40 rounds, I don't know how many the previous owner used it for but it couldn't have been a lot because the head was in very, very good condition. After committing to the G400 SFT I have I sold the G400(I had separately bought the stock Alta 55 shaft for it) locally. Guy bought it, hit it once and the hosel split in the same way a number of other cases have shown here. I refunded him and got in touch with Ping and sent the club in. Today I received an email that they are replacing the G400 with a G410 Plus. Needless to say I am stoked to receive it.

    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex
    Ping G400 7w/Alta CB r flex
    Ping G400 4h/Xcaliber r flex
    Ping G400 5h/Xcaliber r flex
    Ping G400 6-U/Xcaliber r flex
    Ping Glide 2.0 ES 58°/Xcaliber r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Bad9Bad9  4690WRX Points: 553Handicap: 9.2Members Posts: 4,690 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #31

    I just wanted to update that I received the G410 Plus today, no extra charges and came Fedex Express shipping.

    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex
    Ping G400 7w/Alta CB r flex
    Ping G400 4h/Xcaliber r flex
    Ping G400 5h/Xcaliber r flex
    Ping G400 6-U/Xcaliber r flex
    Ping Glide 2.0 ES 58°/Xcaliber r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06
2

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.