Hey has anyone tried these yet? LOL

I'm being kind of a butt!

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Beautiful irons I could not resist, got mine on Thursday last week. Better sound and feel than the G700, no regrets. Had the G700 irons then got a set of the Callaway Mavrik Max irons. Costly mistake could not get over the chunky look of the Max irons and in my case not getting the distance. So a few dollars later I am good.

I would like to see some pictures of how these will look after 5 rounds of golf. Bought the Nike Vapor Fly Pro irons because I thought the black paint looks sick. After the first range session and a round on dry turf, most short irons were scratched on the sole and face. My heart was crumbling because I saw the paint come off after each shot. Sold them shortly after.

Taylormade Stealth 9o - Even Flow Riptide CB 6.0 S

Srixon ZU65 17o 2i - Miyazaki Tour Issue

Ping G410 22o 4h - Fujikura Pro 2.0 7S

Mizuno MP4 4-PW - KBS C-Taper Lite S

Vokey SM8 50-56-60

Scotty Cameron GOLO S

What type of golfer is playing the G700/710?

Only slow swing speed, high handicap players? Or are there higher swing speed, low handicap players getting along well with them?

I have played G25 and G in the past but also played i5 and i200 and most recently TM P790 with good results.

Loved the looks of the Mizuno Hot Metals but did not get good results with them on the course.

Favorite iron was the G25 and was in the bag the longest followed with i5/P790 a close 2nd.

Last season was split between the P790 and i200 and hit them both well when playing frequently but family and work keeps me away from the range/course at various times during the season.

Just looking for some help in the iron department when the swings a bit off. Don’t really need the extra distance as I’m a firm believer in hitting what the situation calls for and not just beholden to a # on the iron.

However, if I can hit a shorter iron into a green the same distance even better as my odds of getting closer increase with mid or short irons.

I don’t have any visual hang ups with shovels as the G700/710 are not much bigger than the G/400/410 series.

If I can get more distance in a more forgiving package that has me hitting 1 less club into a green that sounds like a good deal.

I’m so WEAK! I could not imagine a PING G iron release that I didn’t buy the first chance I could. Even though I’m skeptical of the black finish I love the thought of a quieter G700! So, I’m traveling to Tampa tomorrow but having them sent to my hotel so I can play Thursday...my Epic Forged may be on the block soon

Used to be irons with black finish had strict limits on bending due to the finish cracking. I wonder how/if Ping got around this. That said, I like just plain ss finish on mine. It can be easily brought back to like new with a little work with a scotch bright pad.

Ping G 10*- 44.5" Adjusted to 11*
Ping i3OS 4 thru UW
Cobra SS 5 wood

Cobra Speed LD 15* 3 Wood
Titleist Vokey 56* -SW
Ping Redwood- 34"
Callaway Supersoft

I picked my new G710's up last Saturday. I have 2 range sessions on them (mats) and 9 holes. The black finish has help up very well - no marking at all. I certainly know over time that they will probably mark up, but I am more than willing for this to happen due to how really nice the black sets up behind the ball, and I don't pay that much attention to the bottom of my clubs anyway. I have played darkened clubs in the past and while they do markup it was a non issue for me. For those players with soft forged irons that have a lot of bag chatter on them, I hear a lot of the players saying that this adds character to the irons - isn't this similar thinking?

I came out of the original G700's. My reasoning for the 710's was the golf ho in me.

RADEON962 - to answer some of your questions:

Handicap in the 7 range, been as low as a 4, but driver is keeping me from getting anywhere near that low single digit anymore. Driver SS in the 95-100MPH range, and 7I in the 85-87MPH range. I tried the 2020 TM 790's and the new Cobra King / Forged Tec's. My miss is low and toe side, and the 710's were better on this location than the TM's or the Cobra's for me. I agree that the # on the bottom of the club not really meaning much to me - it is just a # to hit a distance. Plenty of height in the irons, no issues holding greens, and mis hits are not punished badly at all. I also never had the issue of a hot face that others had. Pretty much point and shoot. Only negative I can come up with is the U wedge - couldn't dial it in as easily as a traditional gap wedge and didn't order it in the 710's. I use a Cleveland RTX4 50* for that shot.

All in all, certainly a fan of the new 710's!! And yes i need to change my signature line

• Like 1

Ping G430 10K w/ Chrome Tour 2.0
Ping G430 3W  

Ping G410 3H, 4H

Ping i525 6-PW Project X IO
Cleveland CBX 2 48*
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56*
LAB Mezz Max 

Alphard V2 wheels

I had the Glide Stealth wedges for awhile and always said if PING made a club that color that had the same feel. My one concern is if they feel soft like the Glide Stealth or feel more 'hard'.

They are a bit too expensive for me to consider right now. But damn they look SO good!!

PING G430 Max 10.5 

Cleveland Launcher XL Hy-wood 18*
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

Have three sets that I’m trying to figure out, compare and hit (TM P790, Ping G700 and Ping i210) but really like the looks of the G710.

Have hit the G700’s and P790’s on mats but did play a different set of the 790’s for a good portion of last season before going back to Ping i200’s for no reason other than the ability to sell the P790’s last year for twice what I paid for the i200’s. Have to keep feeding the club ho inside me as I couldn’t justify twice the price in my bag.

May just have to break down and get fit again as it’s been a while to see why actually fits me best but I don’t like indoor fittings where you hit into a screen or net and spring is still a ways away here in Michigan.

I think that may be the only way to break myself of the cycle of buy and try.

• Like 1

I don't know all your answers but I play the G30 and LOVE them. The longer I play with them (will be 3 years this June) the more I love them and 'get to know' them. Prob the only clubs in my bag that I'm not trying to tinker with or look for replacements.

However I guess I'm average when it comes to SS and handicap. Driver is about 100 SS and handicap is around 13.

• Like 2

I played i210 irons before the G-710. Great irons but get some additional distance, better trajectory and equal distance control With the G-710’s. A trade off would be the i210 gave somewhat better turf interaction. This game is hard enough without taking advantage of the newer technology. So far, my black finish is not showing wear at all and the grey faces show only normal wear as you would expect when you play and practice.

• Like 2

Considered the G710, but opted to go the Mavrik standard. Reasons? Smaller head size appeals to me. Distance based on what I've read should be similar. Lofts are similar. Price ... about $ 500 cheaper for the Mavriks. I've been playing the Apex CF19's and this will be part of my backup set and I felt like this will compliment my Apex set very nicely... slightly stronger lofts, similar head size, perhaps a little more forgiving.

I did opt for the Project X senior shaft instead of the typical Recoils that I've always ordered in the past. Thoughts?

(7 iron 155+, AWT R, red dot) Three rounds in on the G710s. Had the 700s and disliked the sound. Demoing the 710 indoors? Not impressed with the tinky sound but the numbers were so right for me. Bought them. On the course with a Chrome Soft or V1, never hear any sound that is bothersome. Too busy watching the ball soar and make me look better than I am. Ping G does that for us. As for the black finish, we’ll see but after three rounds off of sandy fairways (Florida golf) no visible wear on the faces (yet). Epic Forged are on the Bay.

I had the Maverik irons for all of 3 rounds. Then made the mistake of hitting the Ping G710 irons. The finish on the Ping irons actually make it look sleek and smaller than the Maverik at address. The sound and feel of the Ping is better, and it is longer and more forgiving. So the Maverik irons are history and I am happily gaming the Ping G710 irons.

• Like 1