***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Mavrik Triple Diamond

Comments

• t4t3rt4t3r Members  3101WRX Points: 415Posts: 3,101 Titanium Tees

What are the differences re shape and flight/bias? Same difference in last years different diamond heads (TD was a little fade bias but not as low spin as the retail)?

Posted:
    Taylormade SIM 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
    Titleist TS2 16.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 72x
    Bridgestone J40 CB 4-PW - DG Tour Issue AMT X100
    Bridgestone J15 50.08 - DG Tour Issue S400
    Callaway MD4 54.10S - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 58.03 - DG Tour Issue S400
    Taylormade Spider X
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • My2DogsMy2Dogs Members  1325WRX Points: 233Posts: 1,325 Platinum Tees

Alright you talked me into it. I’ll take it off your hands. 😂

Posted:
    Driver: Mavrik Triple Diamond 9*- Ventus Black 6X
    3 wood: Callaway Tour Issued Mavrik - Ventus Red 7X
    Hybrid: TM SIM 19*  Gost X-Flex
    4i PXG Gen2 Utility Iron DG X100
    5-GW PXG Gen3 DG X100. (5 and 6 Players, 7-GW Tour)
    Callaway MD4 Tactical 54* bent to 55* SW
    Vokey SM8 60* LW
    Odyssey EXO 7S, 35inch
  • DNice26DNice26 Members  4291WRX Points: 202Posts: 4,291 Titanium Tees

Really hoping Cally lets this hit their site with the 50% bonus.... if so, will def be getting one.

Posted:

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5, Ventus Velo Blue 6X, 45.25"
    TaylorMade SIM Ti 19, Diamana BF Blue 8X
    Ping G410 19 hybrid, Tensai Blue 8X                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Titleist T100S 4 to PW, KBS C-Taper S+                                                                                                                                                                                                      TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)                                                                                                                                                                      Scotty Cameron Phantom 12, 35"

https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

• BetterAtBingoBetterAtBingo Members  153WRX Points: 34Posts: 153 Fairways

I would certainly oblige but it is now in the Land of the Rising Sun!

Posted:

Driver: Epic Flash SZ <-> ATMOS Red 7X

Fairway: M4 3HL <-> TENSEI Pro Blue 90TX

Hybrid: Apex '16 <-> HZRDUS Black 105X

Irons: Apex Pro '16 H20 <-> NIPPON 105S

Wedges: CBX2 50° / 56° Full Face <-> NIPPON C10S

Putter: Senita B 400g Slight Arc

Ball: Tour B RXS

• tbone18tbone18 COLUMBUS, OHIOMembers  623WRX Points: 129Posts: 623 Golden Tee

got conformation today from my local Callaway rep. that the MAVRIK SUB ZERO TRIPLE DIAMOND will be released at retail in a very limited quantities. Didn't have a specific date as of yet.

Posted:
    TAYLORMADE SIM MAX 8.0 / VENTUS BLACK 7X
    MIZUNO ST200 3T / EVENFLOW WHITE 75 6.5
    CALLAWAY X-FORGED '18 3-PW / MODUS 130X
    CALLAWAY MD5 JAWS 48/52/58 KBS TOUR V 125
    SIK DW AND JO

Anyone know if the Mav TD will hit their website and allow the 50% trade bonus?

Posted:

Ping G410 19 hybrid, Tensai Blue 8X                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Titleist T100S 4 to PW, KBS C-Taper S+                                                                                                                                                                                                      TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)                                                                                                                                                                      Scotty Cameron Phantom 12, 35"

Advertisement
  • pro88pro88 Members  4WRX Points: 7Posts: 4 Starters

Triple diamond tour authentic not Tour Issue, big difference!!

Posted:
  • radimanradiman Members  4895WRX Points: 418Handicap: 3.8Posts: 4,895 Titanium Tees

I mean, not really. Tour Authentic head would be the same design. Tour Issue is going to be the exact same design but measured and tested multiple times before going into their stock. Maybe I am wrong. But, if that were the case, there would be a new Triple Diamond head on the conforming list. I was just looking yesterday and didn't see anything.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* HZRDUS Smoke Green "The Hulk" 60 6.5TX
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* Evenflow Black 75 6.5
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 52, 56, 60
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • tigerdtigerd Members  299WRX Points: 76Posts: 299 Greens

Correct only difference is ones tested and other is not

Posted:
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10876WRX Points: 3,984Handicap: 8Posts: 10,876 ClubWRX
    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow

Same complaints as last years TD. People just mad they bought when it was non-retail for significantly more money. Expect serial to be TAF again.

Posted:
    Taylormade Spider X
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

Advertisement
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10876WRX Points: 3,984Handicap: 8Posts: 10,876 ClubWRX
    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • SMUGamerSMUGamer Members  796WRX Points: 221Posts: 796 Golden Tee

So if Mavrik was NOT a replacement for the Epic Flash heads then are we expecting a different head to replace the Epic Flash sometime soon? Thinking the moveable weights in the Epic Flash heads are important to many.......

Posted:

Right. I believe Mavrik was actually the Rogue replacement.

Posted:
    Taylormade Spider X
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • radimanradiman Members  4895WRX Points: 418Handicap: 3.8Posts: 4,895 Titanium Tees

Probably around December. That's typically when they announce the new line. Covid and a terrible economy is a wildcard though. Don't know if it effects their releases.

Posted:
    Callaway MD3 52, 56, 60
  • StillCantPuttStillCantPutt Members  194WRX Points: 155Posts: 194 Fairways

When is this coming? How do I get 2?

Posted:

Advertisement

Anything more concrete on these yet? I have some money burning a hole in my PayPal balance!

Posted:
    Callaway MD3 52, 56, 60
  • SMUGamerSMUGamer Members  796WRX Points: 221Posts: 796 Golden Tee

I'm itching to do the same but thinking its best to just wait until I get the EFSZ replacement this fall so that I have the movable weight I can put in the toe to offset my draw that can quickly turn into a hook when I jump on it.

Posted:

That is a good idea. I never toy around with the movable weights. So, whatever Mavrik I end up with will be in the bag for a while (famous last words). I am getting along with the standard pretty well. But, I do miss the SZ weight system and having a heavy weight up front to make the club a hammer. Could probably benefit from less draw bias too.

Posted:
    Callaway MD3 52, 56, 60
  • AtlantaGolf3AtlantaGolf3 Members  56WRX Points: 47Posts: 56 Bunkers

Was the EF TD available on the Callaway website last year or was it only available from retailers and Pro Shops. Do retailers honor the 50% trade-in bonus or is it only direct?

I regret not taking advantage of the trade-in bonus last year when I upgraded to the EF.

From the pictures I have seen, the head shape of the Mavrik TD seems nice. The EF's sound doesn't do much for me either. Very high pitched and hollow feeling. Currently playing a stand EF 9 Deg with Ventus Blue 6x set at Neutral. It was fitted by my local pro and has been better the the orig Epic (for me). I was having some strange ball flight for my SS and was thinking I that I may be spinning it too much. That was just a guess as I didnt have a simulator/trackman to confirm.

I knocked the club down to 8 Deg and therefore flatter. That setting weirdly gave me more peak height and power (I don't know why. Maybe someone could help me understand how that setting could help accomplish that).

I am wondering if the Mavrik TD set at a standard 9 Deg might be a good fit (already a stock flatter lie)?

I've also been curious about Ping's upcoming range. People seem to rave about the forgiveness. I can always use more of that, but then again who can't? I grabbed a g410 and couldnt get over the look of the crown. The turbulator things bugged my eye.

Posted:

Man, the day following the Mavrik Triple Diamond winning the first PGA tournament in months would have been a perfect time to drop this bad boy. As a club ho, this wait is killing me, lol.

Posted:
    Callaway MD3 52, 56, 60

Advertisement
    Posted:

• J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16625WRX Points: 1,625Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,625 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
    Driver     -     Cobra SZ Xtreme 9* w/ Aldila RIPX 75TX
    3W         -     Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Aldila RIP Alpha 80X
    Hybrid   -      Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* w/ Project X evnflow black 85X
    Utility     -     Callaway Xforged 24* / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Irons      -      Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges -      Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Putter    -      Odyssey Versa 6
    Ball        -      Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

Posted:

Ha, I have about 3 months left in my golf season. Can't afford to be too patient :)

Posted:
    Callaway MD3 52, 56, 60
  • cbjuhrcbjuhr Members  50WRX Points: 60Posts: 50 Bunkers

Any launch/spin confirmations yet on the TD versus Standard and Sub Zero?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members  32646WRX Points: 2,052Posts: 32,646 Titanium Tees

Fairway golf USA has them on their website

https://www.fairwaygolfusa.com/

Posted:
  • clinkinfoclinkinfo Members  941WRX Points: 230Posts: 941 Golden Tee

Can someone specifically and clearly answer the fundamental question he asked? What’s the supposed difference in flight and spin between retail and the TD? This whole single, double, triple diamond thing Callaway has started doing is nonsensical and confusing. Even the epic flash TD had multiple YouTube reviewers claiming completely different “benefits”.

what is TD supposed to do differently?

Posted:
  • speeder757speeder757 Members  1195WRX Points: 169Posts: 1,195 Platinum Tees

Looks like it doesn't take you to any kind of ordering page..... I would say release is iminent

Posted:

Advertisement
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members  32646WRX Points: 2,052Posts: 32,646 Titanium Tees
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.