***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Kirkland (Costco) Wedges!?

Comments

• J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16625WRX Points: 1,625Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,625 Titanium Tees

People who buy these wedges will be doing themselves a HUGE disservice with no grind or bounce options. I would hope anyone on this board knows better, especially for wedges and how important they are to scoring.

Posted:
    Driver     -     Cobra SZ Xtreme 9* w/ Aldila RIPX 75TX
    3W         -     Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Aldila RIP Alpha 80X
    Hybrid   -      Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* w/ Project X evnflow black 85X
    Utility     -     Callaway Xforged 24* / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Irons      -      Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges -      Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Putter    -      Odyssey Versa 6
    Ball        -      Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • TheBear95TheBear95 Members  587WRX Points: 198Posts: 587 Golden Tee

For the guy that plays a couple of times a year, not a big deal.

But, for guys here, completely agree.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5*
    Titleist TS2 16.5*
    Mizuno MP 650 19*
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 22*
    Mizuno MP 18 SC (5-PW)
    Mizuno T20 50*, 54*, 58*
    Bettinardi Queen B 8
  • lagacealagacea Members  78WRX Points: 41Handicap: 10.8Posts: 78 Fairways

I wonder if they'll cater to us lefties this time. I doubt it though.

Posted:
    Post edited by lagacea on
  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16625WRX Points: 1,625Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,625 Titanium Tees

exactly. If you know better you should do better. These wedges are fine for the average hack who struggles to break 100 but everyone on Golfwrx should know to skip these without blinking an eye.

Posted:

WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

• TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members  32646WRX Points: 2,052Posts: 32,646 Titanium Tees

I am hearing a September release possibly on these. Anyone else hearing something different?

Posted:

Advertisement

So it's elitist to be educated now? You seem to be very insecure about wanting to play these wedges when i said nothing bad about the brand simply commented on facts about the lack of options to fit players with some of the most important clubs in the bag. The chances that the standard bounce and grind on these wedges fitting players vs getting fit into a wedge that actually has relief where they need it is slim to none. Especially with a 58 or 60* wedge. So i'm right on so many levels it's scary and you clearly have never had a wedge fitting.

And btw you mentioning your hcp is elitist as you are implying because you played good golf in the past that you somehow know what your talking about with regards to wedge fitting. You don't btw.

Posted:

WITB & Content - 

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

• m d gm d g Members  99WRX Points: 115Posts: 99 Fairways

This is a great idea...would love to see a Costco van on site. They could sell $1.25 hot dogs out of a window in the back. Comes with a drink too : )

Posted:
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods  13223WRX Points: 3,042Handicap: 3.5Posts: 13,223 Marshals

Lets be clear, Costco isnt marketing to the 200,000 golfers on GolfWRX. They could give AF less about a bunch of golfers who buy $650 PXG wedges or custom wedges from Artisan.

They are marketing to the 24.8 million golfers who are NOT on WRX.

If one of those 24.8 million golfers walks into Costco and sees a set of three wedges for....$149, thats an insta-sale. THATS who they are marketing to.

Posted:
    SIM 12* - HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5
    SIM 15* 3W - Diamana 75s 
    SIM 4i / 5i Steelfiber 95s
    M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / 58*
    Cleveland RTX 62*
    Miura KM-009 Black Boron 35" / TM TP5x Pix

We can agree to disagree and leave it at that. Kirkland wedges aren't worth the price or anymore of my time.

Posted:

WITB & Content - 

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

Advertisement
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members  32646WRX Points: 2,052Posts: 32,646 Titanium Tees

Based on them not offering left handed putters, I doubt they will offer their wedges in left handed models. I hope I’m wrong so my lefty boys get some love👍

Posted:
  • molecularmanmolecularman Joplin, MOMembers  236WRX Points: 139Posts: 236 Fairways

That would be amazing! Pretty soon you see John Daly's tour bus at every stop. "Oh, is JD playing on tour again?" "No, he just follows the Costco van from tour stop to tour stop".

Posted:
  • ASN21ASN21 #TeamTaylorMade Bay AreaMembers  681WRX Points: 497Posts: 681 Golden Tee

Costco living rent free in your head with how much time you spend bashing their products in the various threads.

Posted:

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Motore X F3 6

TaylorMade SIM Rocket 3 Wood - Fujikura Motore X F3 7

TaylorMade SIM Max 3 Rescue - Fujikura Ventus Blue

TaylorMade SIM Max 4 Iron - Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120

TaylorMade P790 5-AW - Project X LZ

TaylorMade My Hi-Toe 56 & 60 - Project X T

TaylorMade My Spider X - KBS CT Tour

TaylorMade TP5X

• GoldenswingGoldenswing Members  65WRX Points: 59Posts: 65 Bunkers

And pass out on the Costco bed next to my wife the Costco cashier.

Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus,
    Mixed bag of Irons and Hybrids
  • tomuch23tomuch23 WIMembers  620WRX Points: 113Posts: 620 Golden Tee

The brats were so much better but seem to have disappeared here in Wisconsin.

Posted:
    Srixon Z785 9.5° PX HAZ RED 65
    Srixon F85 15° PX HAZ YELLOW 
    Cleveland Launcher Halo 19°/22° 
    Cobra F9 Speedback 5-Pw,Aw KBS TOUR 90
    Cleveland Cbx 54°/58° DG115 wedge. 
    Cleveland Frontline Elevado
    Srixon Z Star/Q Star Tour, Tp5, Elixr oncore 
    Ogio Silencer

Advertisement
  • tigerstudent08tigerstudent08 New OrleansMembers, Paid BST  64WRX Points: 25Posts: 64 Bunkers

Has anyone tried their glove? I think it was three for $25. The ball spins like crazy, a little too much for me. I compare it to the regular prov1, but the AVX is a better fit for me. I use them for practice balls since they’re only $1 a piece. Very fun around the practice green.

Posted:
  • thesloththesloth Members  88WRX Points: 74Posts: 88 Fairways

The WRX crowd who cares about those things is not who Costco is hoping to sell these wedges to. They are aiming at a much larger and general golfing audience.

Posted:
  • dlygrissedlygrisse KansasMembers  13984WRX Points: 1,537Handicap: 8-ishPosts: 13,984 Titanium Tees

I now single digit handicap players who have no clue what the grind is on their wedges, and there are people like me who are obsessed with wedges.

Posted:
    I pick 14 of the following:
    Ping G400
    Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood
    Ping G 400 4 hybrid
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS
    Grips NDMC +4
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Hoofer
    ProV1x-mostly
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • Hook'n'LoopHook'n'Loop hook'n'loop Members  188WRX Points: 28Handicap: 10.8Posts: 188 Fairways

I don't understand what Costco is doing. They put out the balls with nowhere near the amount of inventory they would sell. They put out the putters and the same thing. We all expect the same with the wedges.

Aren't they trying to maximize profits? If they charged 1.5x I think they would still sell them because they are quality products. They sell k-sig vodka right next to grey goose. The k-sig cost half as much and constantly beats it in taste test.

I realize some won't play "grocery club" golf stuff. But for me, I had friends when I played top flights too.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Springbok45Springbok45 Members  50WRX Points: 58Posts: 50 Bunkers

Yes, really impressed with them to be honest, first one is still nice and soft and still fits well after 8/9 rounds and 3/4 range sessions/lessons.

Had been using Mizuno Comp/Srixon all-weather for range gloves and Mizuno Elites for playing. For the cost (£15) of a pack puts them up against the cost of the cheaper synthetic gloves but gives you a nice leather glove.

Posted:
  • BaitkillerBaitkiller Members  1847WRX Points: 230Handicap: YesPosts: 1,847 Platinum Tees

Bounce is dependent upon my grinder. I like lots of it so most of my wedges get the treatment. No different with these.

Posted:
    Turn over damnit!
    Krank 9* Formula 5 UST Tour
    Adams 15* wasabi
    XXIO pro 5
    Adams Pro Gold Forged 3-46* / Steelfibers
    Vanilla wedges 53 and 58*
    Betti-1
    K-sig
  • forrester_fireforrester_fire Members  282WRX Points: 142Handicap: 11.4Posts: 282 Greens

The gloves are excellent, but the fit can be a little different from glove-to-glove in the same size. They're both soft and durable. I haven't purchased them in-store, but online they're 4 for $20. I usually get three or four 4-packs at the beginning of each season.

Posted:
  • forrester_fireforrester_fire Members  282WRX Points: 142Handicap: 11.4Posts: 282 Greens

Couldn't agree more. I'm an 11.4 who plays twice a week; breaks 80 one day and shoots 90 the next. I'm not a great wedge player and, really, the grind really only comes into play when you start manipulating the club face around the green. Bounce is much more important to me, and the grind only matters on the higher-lofted wedges in my game.

99% of golfers, serious or not, don't get fitted for their wedges. Maybe J13, with his + handicap and elitist attitude does, but I'd wager even the overwhelming majority of WRX posters don't get wedge fittings and are probably playing the "wrong" shaft/bounce/grind in their wedges, too.

Posted:
  • tigerstudent08tigerstudent08 New OrleansMembers, Paid BST  64WRX Points: 25Posts: 64 Bunkers

Thanks, yea I couldn’t remember the exact price just knew it was cheap. I might have to stop there this weekend to try them out. Sick of spending $20 of FJs just to have them rip after a couple rounds.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • AB1981AB1981 Members  52WRX Points: 37Handicap: 2Posts: 52 Bunkers

The biggest majority of even the guys on here would be a lot better off practicing with their wedges than worrying about bounce/grind. This a place to talk about golf equipment but a whole lot of the club stuff is just marketing. I am betting these wedges would work for 99 percent of folks.

Posted:
  • phil75070phil75070 North Texas - 32m North of DallasMembers  2180WRX Points: 216Handicap: 3.x GHINPosts: 2,180 Platinum Tees

Before that there was a three wedge set of Tom Watson wedges from RAM.

Posted:

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 (-1/D)

3W: Callaway Epic Flash 15° (+2/N)

5W: Callaway Epic Flash 18° (+1/N)

Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha 4H (-1/N)

Irons: Callaway Apex '19 5-AW

SW: Callaway Jaws 54°S

LW: Callaway Jaws 58°W

Putter: Odyssey Toulon Portland with Stroke Lab

Ball: Callaway 2020 Chrome Soft w/ Triple Track

• grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4813WRX Points: 1,889Posts: 4,813 Titanium Tees

Simply ignore him. He has claimed multiple times in the past in different Costco threads to have "insider" information on the K-Sig balls and putter. He has provided none of it even when directly asked to prove it.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members  1901WRX Points: 313Handicap: ?Posts: 1,901 Platinum Tees
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.