New PXG prototype driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

Got 9* and put my old trusty d+ 70x in it which is also what I had in the TS3. PXG was the winner over the TS3... until I hit the Flash SZ on my way out of the store. Something about the combo in my sig just worked - better all around performance than anything I’ve demo’ed lately. Had no intention of buying but we all know how that goes.. ha. It’s now in the bag for on course testing!

I've been going back and forth w the Epic Flash SZ and the PXG Gen 2 X and have finally settled on the Flash. Unfortunately. I really wanted the PXG to win. It's definitely better looking and definitely has the better sound/feel. But I just get more ball speed from the Callaway. I didn't want to admit it but it's unavoidably true. Also very impressive how low spin the Flash is on mishits and how accurate it is. I'm disappointed I really wanted to game the X and its a fantastic driver but just can't beat the Flash SZ performance (for me).

This doesn’t surprise me one bit, Flash is definitely a ball speed monster. Have you gotten them onto the course to see which one helps you score better?

Does anyone have a link to more info on all the settings on the driver adapter?

Does anyone know the standard lie angle for each driver original 0811 through the Gen 2's?

Original 0811 Lie - 58*

GEN 1 0811X Lie - 60*

GEN 2 0811X Lie - 60*

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

I've been going back and forth w the Epic Flash SZ and the PXG Gen 2 X and have finally settled on the Flash. Unfortunately. I really wanted the PXG to win. It's definitely better looking and definitely has the better sound/feel. But I just get more ball speed from the Callaway. I didn't want to admit it but it's unavoidably true. Also very impressive how low spin the Flash is on mishits and how accurate it is. I'm disappointed I really wanted to game the X and its a fantastic driver but just can't beat the Flash SZ performance (for me).

This doesn’t surprise me one bit, Flash is definitely a ball speed monster. Have you gotten them onto the course to see which one helps you score better?

Not yet but I will. Unfortunately the weather sucks where I live right now. Next trip Feb 25. The Flash is noticeably better on ball speeds so it's definitely in the driver's seat. I generally hit the ball plenty straight it's more about getting it out there a good distance consistently for me as my SS isn't high enough due to back injuries over the last 10 years.

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

This doesn't surprise me one bit, Flash is definitely a ball speed monster. Have you gotten them onto the course to see which one helps you score better?

Not yet but I will. Unfortunately the weather sucks where I live right now. Next trip Feb 25. The Flash is noticeably better on ball speeds so it's definitely in the driver's seat. I generally hit the ball plenty straight it's more about getting it out there a good distance consistently for me as my SS isn't high enough due to back injuries over the last 10 years.

Did you notice any flight path bias with the SZ vs PXG?

This doesn't surprise me one bit, Flash is definitely a ball speed monster. Have you gotten them onto the course to see which one helps you score better?

Did you notice any flight path bias with the SZ vs PXG?

I have the weights back on the PXG and the sliding weight in the toe for the SZ both were somewhat anti-left (which is what I want) the SZ maybe slightly more so.

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

I've got 2 rounds in with my driver now and I'll give you some of my initial thoughts VS the Rouge SZ I played last year. First off, it took about 9 holes to get used to the feel of the new PXG driver. It's more of a dead muted feel VS the louder sounding Rouge SZ. You get the feeling the ball explodes off the face of a Callaway driver VS the PXG. However when it comes to distance, the PXG is LONG you just don't feel its long because of how muted it feels and sounds.

Where I think the PXG shines is in misses, the 0811X is extremely low spin with the shaft I have in it and the misses were maybe 5-10 yards in the rough, its a much more playable miss in my opinion. I did loft up 1* VS what I played last year in the Callaway Rouge SZ.

Looks wise, you'd be hard pressed to find a better looking driver on the market right now. The PXG just looks damn good!

Taylor Made M5 - Project X HZRDUS Hulk 6.5 TX Taylor Made M6 - Tensei White 80 TX Miura MC 501 3-9 KBS C Taper 130 Vokey F Grind 46* - 51* Oil Can 56* K grind - 60* V grind Scotty Cameron 009 Oil Can

I've got 2 rounds in with my driver now and I'll give you some of my initial thoughts VS the Rouge SZ I played last year. First off, it took about 9 holes to get used to the feel of the new PXG driver. It's more of a dead muted feel VS the louder sounding Rouge SZ. You get the feeling the ball explodes off the face of a Callaway driver VS the PXG. However when it comes to distance, the PXG is LONG you just don't feel its long because of how muted it feels and sounds.

Where I think the PXG shines is in misses, the 0311X is extremely low spin with the shaft I have in it and the misses were maybe 5-10 yards in the rough, its a much more playable miss in my opinion. I did loft up 1* VS what I played last year in the Callaway Rouge SZ.

Looks wise, you'd be hard pressed to find a better looking driver on the market right now. The PXG just looks damn good!

0311 ?

Do you mean 0811?

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

Where I think the PXG shines is in misses, the 0311X is extremely low spin with the shaft I have in it and the misses were maybe 5-10 yards in the rough, its a much more playable miss in my opinion. I did loft up 1* VS what I played last year in the Callaway Rouge SZ.

0311 ?

Do you mean 0811?

Yeah, I was thinking about my irons :shok:

Taylor Made M5 - Project X HZRDUS Hulk 6.5 TX Taylor Made M6 - Tensei White 80 TX Miura MC 501 3-9 KBS C Taper 130 Vokey F Grind 46* - 51* Oil Can 56* K grind - 60* V grind Scotty Cameron 009 Oil Can

Where I think the PXG shines is in misses, the 0811X is extremely low spin with the shaft I have in it and the misses were maybe 5-10 yards in the rough, its a much more playable miss in my opinion. I did loft up 1* VS what I played last year in the Callaway Rouge SZ.

When you say "LONG" did you get a chance to hit it side by side next to Rogue SZ? Longer? Which one is more forgiving (more playable misses) and has higher ball speeds on mishit? How did you setup adapter and screw weights?

When you say "LONG" did you get a chance to hit it side by side next to Rogue SZ? Longer? Which one is more forgiving (more playable misses) and has higher ball speeds on mishit? How did you setup adapter and screw weights?

Weights in the back, highest MOI and launch. Misses are much more playable than the Rouge SZ and the PXG set up is longer. If you put a blindfold on me hitting both side by side I'd say the Rouge SZ was longer but on the course, PXG wins in all categories. I don't get too caught up on numbers, I like to compare on my home course VS a trackman.

Thanks for reply. I am anxiously waiting for my driver to come in. I will be playing weights forward most likely.

I have been playing Epic SZ for 2 years and hoping that the PXG does outperform in every category as well. This will be my first brand new driver purchase in 8 years.

I thought I would prefer weights forward but it felt very "face heavy" in that setup. When testing, I saw the best performance with two heavy weights in the outside forward position and one weight middle heel position. Made the head feel very balanced.

Had my fitting yesterday here in UK - if you get fit by Lawrence then you’re in for a treat, very knowledgeable and a top bloke.

We tried the 0311XF in the Aldila 2kxv blue and it was ok, not too much better than my current cobra F8+, but I thought it felt a bit heavy.

The whole feel changed when we went from the 60s to the 70x and switched to the 0311X, the head felt lighter, the noise was more explosive and the flight and spin improved. 20 yards over the F8+ is not to be sniffed at.

The fairway wood improvement with a Hzrdus yellow 75 6.5 was simply superb and the 19’ hybrid with the Fujikura Blue 2.0 was amazing, a steady 220-225 and bullet straight.

Now it’s just a matter of funding all 3, they simply are that good.

Had my fitting yesterday here in UK - if you get fit by Lawrence then you’re in for a treat, very knowledgeable and a top bloke.

We tried the 0311XF in the Aldila 2kxv blue and it was ok, not too much better than my current cobra F8+, but I thought it felt a bit heavy.

The whole feel changed when we went from the 60s to the 70x and switched to the 0311X, the head felt lighter, the noise was more explosive and the flight and spin improved. 20 yards over the F8+ is not to be sniffed at.

The fairway wood improvement with a Hzrdus yellow 75 6.5 was simply superb and the 19’ hybrid with the Fujikura Blue 2.0 was amazing, a steady 220-225 and bullet straight.

Now it’s just a matter of funding all 3, they simply are that good.

Yeah, I made the "mistake" of getting fit and not pulling the trigger on the hybrids at my fitting a month ago...Let's just say a lot changes in a month and I'm now the proud owner of 2 Gen2 0317X hybrids with the fujikura pro 2.0 shafts...I'm just a sucker for good looks and performance...

How much different do the X and XF look at address?

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

How much different do the X and XF look at address?

The XF is a bit longer...…...here is a pic...XF on the right. Biggest difference is the sole weights.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Thanks for the side by side pic. I tried looking on the PXG site but can;t find their size? The XF is 460cc ? What about the X?

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

Local PXG fitter said he is fitting most people in XF. Only X he sold was to a guy with +125 mph. Thanks for the pictures Bob!

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

I swing at 110mph and I still spun the X too much, even with weights forward. I know it was an early release issue by me, and I have corrected it since. I will hopefully get my driver in soon and be able to test it out. In the end, I am sure that the X will fit me and not spin too little. Even if my spin comes down with later release, I can move the weights back and get the spin right back up. I was around 2600 - 2800 avg. spin with the driver, and I am sure I won't get anywhere near 2000rpm with it. My target is 2400 anyway for more playability. I don't want sub 2200 rpm spin.

I didn't even try the XF as I am certain it will spin too much and it lacks the screw adjustments on the bottom that the X has. Those screws were one of the major selling points for me to be able to dial in ball flight exactly as I want. I wouldn't buy the XF for that reason alone.

I swing at 110mph and I still spun the X too much, even with weights forward. I know it was an early release issue by me, and I have corrected it since. I will hopefully get my driver in soon and be able to test it out. In the end, I am sure that the X will fit me and not spin too little. Even if my spin comes down with later release, I can move the weights back and get the spin right back up. I was around 2600 - 2800 avg. spin with the driver, and I am sure I won't get anywhere near 2000rpm with it. My target is 2400 anyway for more playability. I don't want sub 2200 rpm spin.

I didn't even try the XF as I am certain it will spin too much and it lacks the screw adjustments on the bottom that the X has. Those screws were one of the major selling points for me to be able to dial in ball flight exactly as I want. I wouldn't buy the XF for that reason alone.

X sounds perfect for you. What shaft did you go with? I'm looking forward to trying both.

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

X sounds perfect for you. What shaft did you go with? I'm looking forward to trying both.

I got really good numbers and dispersion with the Kiyoshi Black 65x. 109.7mph/161mph. But since I already own the Kiyoshi I wanted to order with another shaft. Tried the PO 70TX and my speed dropped to 108mph. They didn't have the 60TX (nor the Pro White) so I tried to 60S and my swing speed went up to 111mph+. Tried a couple TPT shafts and back down to 108-109. Thought I was getting tired, so tried PO 60S again and speed right back up to 111mph. Swung it faster than any other shaft with good dispersion too. I ended up order the driver with PO 60, albeit I went with the TX. I hope it works just as well for me or better.