Traveling to Phoenix.....Some course info for you

One_Putt_Blunder

For the group. Is Greyhawk a $110 better than We Ko Pa?

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

> @puttnforthe8 said:

> > @"Carolina Golfer 2" said:

> > For the group. Is Greyhawk a $110 better than We Ko Pa?

>

> 1: it is Grayhawk 2: No it is not

Thanks....sorry for the misspelling.

Vokey

> @"Carolina Golfer 2" said:

> > @puttnforthe8 said:

> > > @"Carolina Golfer 2" said:

> > > For the group. Is Greyhawk a $110 better than We Ko Pa?

> >

> > 1: it is Grayhawk 2: No it is not

>

> Thanks....sorry for the misspelling.

A clarification: if you have to pay 2x as much for wekopa, then you are better off with GH.

> @puttnforthe8 said:

> > > @puttnforthe8 said:

> > > > @"Carolina Golfer 2" said:

> > > > For the group. Is Greyhawk a $110 better than We Ko Pa?

> > >

> > > 1: it is Grayhawk 2: No it is not

> >

> > Thanks....sorry for the misspelling.

>

> A clarification: if you have to pay 2x as much for wekopa, then you are better off with GH.

I think the rate was $169 (ish) for We-Ko-Pa and $280 for GH.

Vokey

> @"Carolina Golfer 2" said:

> > @puttnforthe8 said:

> > > @"Carolina Golfer 2" said:

> > > > @puttnforthe8 said:

> > > > > @"Carolina Golfer 2" said:

> > > > > For the group. Is Greyhawk a $110 better than We Ko Pa?

> > > >

> > > > 1: it is Grayhawk 2: No it is not

> > >

> > > Thanks....sorry for the misspelling.

> >

> > A clarification: if you have to pay 2x as much for wekopa, then you are better off with GH.

>

> I think the rate was $169 (ish) for We-Ko-Pa and $280 for GH.

Oh....my bad bro...I thought you were asking if you got GH for $110 is it better than WP!!!! :#

NO FREAKING WAY IS GH $110 better than WP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not in this world, not in this universe! At that price...I would play WP 100% of the time.

• Like 1

Grayhawk isn’t better than WeKoPa. Period.

• Like 1

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

> @"5 O'Clock Charlie" said:

> Alright guys, thanks for all the help! I actually made a last minute audible and booked the Boulders today.

> Wheels up tomorrow!

> Longbow

> CopperCanyon

> Papago

> Boulders

> WickenBurg Ranch

> Southern Dunes

> Alright guys, thanks for all the help! I actually made a last minute audible and booked the Boulders today.

> Wheels up tomorrow!

> Longbow

> CopperCanyon

> Papago

> Boulders

> WickenBurg Ranch

> Southern Dunes

You should enjoy Boulders. My son and I played the South course last week and really enjoyed it. It’s pretty tight in some areas, and the layout does feel a bit dated but it is still a really enjoyable course and very scenic. In a previous post you had mentioned you had played at Verde River, we stayed out near there and played three times. Very enjoyable course, as you know, and just in incredible shape right now. Your agenda looks to be set, just wanted to throw another thought if you needed to make any changes.

> @puttnforthe8 said:

> > > @puttnforthe8 said:

> > > > @"Carolina Golfer 2" said:

> > > > > @puttnforthe8 said:

> > > > > > @"Carolina Golfer 2" said:

> > > > > > For the group. Is Greyhawk a $110 better than We Ko Pa?

> > > > >

> > > > > 1: it is Grayhawk 2: No it is not

> > > >

> > > > Thanks....sorry for the misspelling.

> > >

> > > A clarification: if you have to pay 2x as much for wekopa, then you are better off with GH.

> >

> > I think the rate was $169 (ish) for We-Ko-Pa and $280 for GH.

>

> Oh....my bad bro...I thought you were asking if you got GH for $110 is it better than WP!!!! :#

> NO FREAKING WAY IS GH $110 better than WP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not in this world, not in this universe! At that price...I would play WP 100% of the time.

Thanks, that's the impression I got from reading what everyone here says about WP. Thanks for the clarification!

Vokey

Is Boulders one of the most scenic in the Valkey? Played We Ko Pa numerous time and looking elsewhere.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

> @cubuffs said:

> > @"5 O'Clock Charlie" said:

> > Alright guys, thanks for all the help! I actually made a last minute audible and booked the Boulders today.

> > Wheels up tomorrow!

> > Longbow

> > CopperCanyon

> > Papago

> > Boulders

> > WickenBurg Ranch

> > Southern Dunes

>

> > @"5 O'Clock Charlie" said:

> > Alright guys, thanks for all the help! I actually made a last minute audible and booked the Boulders today.

> > Wheels up tomorrow!

> > Longbow

> > CopperCanyon

> > Papago

> > Boulders

> > WickenBurg Ranch

> > Southern Dunes

>

> You should enjoy Boulders. My son and I played the South course last week and really enjoyed it. It’s pretty tight in some areas, and the layout does feel a bit dated but it is still a really enjoyable course and very scenic. In a previous post you had mentioned you had played at Verde River, we stayed out near there and played three times. Very enjoyable course, as you know, and just in incredible shape right now. Your agenda looks to be set, just wanted to throw another thought if you needed to make any changes.

Thanks for the input. I would have rather played Verde River either today or yesterday, but wanted to try some new tracks. I’ll know for next time. I wasn’t overly impressed with Longbow, but the conditions were good and the greens were rolling at an 11. The guy we got paired with was pretty full of himself, so that didn’t help. There were also a ton of planes and choppers flying around. It was cool and all but not what I expected. I wouldn’t play Copoer Canyon again but I will say we did get paired with a really nice couple and overall we enjoyed the day, but the course isn’t anything special. We played Lake to Mountain and the mountain was the better of the 2 nines. Lake felt like I was in Florida. If I’m going that way again I’d rather play Estrella Mtn. The course was in good shape though and everyone was super friendly.

> > @cubuffs said:

> > > @"5 O'Clock Charlie" said:

> > > Alright guys, thanks for all the help! I actually made a last minute audible and booked the Boulders today.

> > > Wheels up tomorrow!

> > > Longbow

> > > CopperCanyon

> > > Papago

> > > Boulders

> > > WickenBurg Ranch

> > > Southern Dunes

> >

> > > @"5 O'Clock Charlie" said:

> > > Alright guys, thanks for all the help! I actually made a last minute audible and booked the Boulders today.

> > > Wheels up tomorrow!

> > > Longbow

> > > CopperCanyon

> > > Papago

> > > Boulders

> > > WickenBurg Ranch

> > > Southern Dunes

> >

> > You should enjoy Boulders. My son and I played the South course last week and really enjoyed it. It’s pretty tight in some areas, and the layout does feel a bit dated but it is still a really enjoyable course and very scenic. In a previous post you had mentioned you had played at Verde River, we stayed out near there and played three times. Very enjoyable course, as you know, and just in incredible shape right now. Your agenda looks to be set, just wanted to throw another thought if you needed to make any changes.

>

> Thanks for the input. I would have rather played Verde River either today or yesterday, but wanted to try some new tracks. I’ll know for next time. I wasn’t overly impressed with Longbow, but the conditions were good and the greens were rolling at an 11. The guy we got paired with was pretty full of himself, so that didn’t help. There were also a ton of planes and choppers flying around. It was cool and all but not what I expected. I wouldn’t play Copoer Canyon again but I will say we did get paired with a really nice couple and overall we enjoyed the day, but the course isn’t anything special. We played Lake to Mountain and the mountain was the better of the 2 nines. Lake felt like I was in Florida. If I’m going that way again I’d rather play Estrella Mtn. The course was in good shape though and everyone was super friendly.

>

I was the least impressed by the early course selection on your itinerary... But I figured you had it in the correct order so it should get better each day. Have fun!

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

> @cbbaron said:

but I will say this I cant believe how busy Troon Grayhawk and Wekopa are this week almost impossible to get a tee time this week at any of those courses

We are playing troon tomorrow, booked close to a month and a half ago and tee times were already limited then. Getting my first taste of desert golf, hopefully we aren't waiting all day.

> @cbbaron said:

> > @Arizonalefty59 said:

> > Those rates for Grayhawk are absolutely ridiculous. WTF

>

> I booked for Sunday 93 with White Tee Card but I will say this I cant believe how busy Troon Grayhawk and Wekopa are this week almost impossible to get a tee time this week at any of those courses

> @sarmis2 said:

>

>

> > @cbbaron said:

> but I will say this I cant believe how busy Troon Grayhawk and Wekopa are this week almost impossible to get a tee time this week at any of those courses

>

> We are playing troon tomorrow, booked close to a month and a half ago and tee times were already limited then. Getting my first taste of desert golf, hopefully we aren't waiting all day.

>

>

Yep. I had the same issue. Best I could get was 1:45 at Troon.

Vokey

Played Boulders South on Tuesday and Wickenburg Ranch on Wednesday. Boulders was amazing. I can see where if you played here a bunch that you might be put off by the resort or the houses or the people walking around by some of the holes on the front. But the course was fantastic and the views were spectacular and the staff was by far the most friendly this trip. Everyone here had me all pumped to play Wickenburg Ranch and I think that my expectations were a bit high. I think it's wonderful track and the conditions were fabulous, but our experience wasn't anything close to what we were expecting. Their customer service is lacking to say the least. It's hard to look past that as someone who spent 15 years in the golf business. My wife and I were paired with a great two-some. One guy was a member at TerraViita and he had his buddy in from Sacramento, who was doing some work for GolfDigest on the course. We played the blues and he would occasionally take photos and take notes on an iPad. Long story short, we tee off at 11:30 and at 2:30 and we are on the 14th tee and the Marshall is following us around telling us that we need to pick it up. He literally followed us for 2 holes and was taking notes and timing us like it was the State Open. I also wish I would have played it 3 years ago when it opened, the housing construction is somewhat of an eyesore there. Some of the green complexes were a bit unique to say the least. Lot's of raised areas and table top shelves. I wouldn't deter anyone from playing there though, it's a great venue and the conditions were superb. Just had some mitigating factors that made the day sour.

Enjoyed my round at Troon (Pinnacle) last week. As a single I got paired with 11 other guys who were there for a bachelor party weekend. At first I felt a bit like an old fart trying to crash a Frat Party---ok they weren't that young but mostly 29 and 30. But they were awesome guys, all had gone to Baylor for college and had spread out afterword, so picked AZ as central meeting place for 3 days of golf. They made me feel part of the group, offering beer and shots and all. I think they were just looking for an easy mark....lol

But the course was great. Possibly the best conditioned course I've ever played, and I've played some nice privates as well as Pinehurst 2, TPC Sawgrass, Both at Torrey and Whistling Straits. I'd put it nicer than any of them with the possible exception of No.2. They were similar in some ways, but also very different.

While at times it's a very visually intimidating site from the tees, the landing areas are generally very fair and you really have to miss bad to get into the desert, and if you do, you're probably best off leaving it there.

Wish I could have played some more golf out there but just the reason to go back.

Vokey

• 3 weeks later...

> @az2au said:

> > @Shipwreck said:

> > Can anyone give any info on AZ Biltmore?

> Absolutely terrible ok every single way golf wise. I mean, legitimately terrible. An embarrassment to the area.

>

>

The wife and I are going to be staying in that general area over Father’s Day weekend. I’m looking for a course near Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak. Any suggestions.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

> @Shipwreck said:

> > @az2au said:

> > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > Can anyone give any info on AZ Biltmore?

> > Absolutely terrible ok every single way golf wise. I mean, legitimately terrible. An embarrassment to the area.

> >

> >

>

> The wife and I are going to be staying in that general area over Father’s Day weekend. I’m looking for a course near Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak. Any suggestions.

Camelback Ambiente isn’t too far. There’s not much golf wise in the immediate area. Wildfire is also relatively close.