harmless threads locked

I realized long ago that 50% of people are going to hate what you do, no matter what it is. We're volunteers, we don't get paid a dime - no one really gives AF. Such is life.

But we took the stance from the beginning of this that we were not going to tolerate anything that smelled like nonsense, conspiracy theory Covid garbage. But some people insisted on pushing and pushing and pushing their luck. And when they weren't posting politically motivated garbage they would post something l like "well guys, I could post something political here but I won't" - which experience tells me is only an opening for someone else to do so. Not going to happen.

We typically offer several PMs to people asking them to knock it off before we resort to anything involving a warning or more - we don't delete stuff or put people on timeouts just for fun. But under no circumstances do we talk about someone else's personal business. Just policy.

Thanks guys, hope you are all having a good Easter.

• Like 4

Thanks very much for doing this. No reason at all to pollute the board with all the covid nonsense, political angles, complaining, conspiracy theories, etc. FWIW, I appreciate the mods stance on this very much. I haven't been around the forums very much over the last year+ for reasons I will post elsewhere, but it is nice to escape from the 24/7/366 "news" cycle on this little corner of the Web.

• Like 1

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - SW….+3” or Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

I just read through the Kevin Na thread tonight and couldn’t figure out why it got closed. But that makes sense, the problem posts got deleted. Thanks for the explanation NSX(and Hawkeye too I think). I’m pretty dense so things have to be explained to me several times?!

Maybe after Ive been here a while longer I’ll get things figured out.

• Like 1

Having been here for years and hopefully having contributed positively, personally feel it’s time to take a step back. Recent changes and the responses I received to inquiries about same seem somewhat impersonal and contrary to sense of community have always enjoyed here. Not saying that to create big discussion about changes or place attention upon myself, rather, just want to observe occasionally and note if some changes are occurring as a result of growing pains that have witnessed before or a fundamental, philosophical change.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

I'm going to guess it got closed because there was already one going. Just a thought.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

we just need to understand the dynamics and accept them. I like this place and want to see it thrive again.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I'm going bonkers being home so much I went and looked. The locked one in the Tour folder was started April 13th and the open one in the equipment folder was started April 12th. Not that it really matters.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

This is the "LICC Effect" (the first poster for whom this was noticed).

The user's post have ALL been deleted (but not the posts quoting said user). The user still has access to the site and CAN post (as you see) but his posts are not visible to anybody but him - yet the poster still shows on forum listings as the last poster to a thread (a bug ?).

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

The locked Na/Blades thread was started April 13 at 2:32pm. It is in the Tour folder. The unlocked, and currently raging, Na/Blades thread started April 12 at 9:13pm. It is in the equipment folder. It is the only two I know of. Is there one I'm missing? I'm guessing the one in the Tour folder was locked because the one in the Equipment folder was well under way.

Edit; My apologies there one was on April 11th as you said that was locked before the blades vs cb debate could get a firm hold. I didn't go back enough pages to see it. I am leaving my incorrect statement above to remind myself to do better research before trying to contradict someone else.

Could be a nice monster, could be a mean monster. 50/50 shot. Sometimes it's better to cut the head off before it grows up, especially if the track record is more 15/85 than 50/50.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

• 4 weeks later...

But it’s a forum? No one is confronting someone in a parking lot or throwing blows (like I saw at the last police outing at my home course lol). If you feel like you’re being disrespected or a conversation is going sideways, just don’t re-enter the thread, and stop posting. I personally think over moderation is a far more significant error than under moderation. We all have a choice to participate or not in conversations, and many times I’ve left a thread because I feel it’s going sideways or getting heated and not really helpful.

but when you over moderate, dumb things happen. For example, that prior golf event had the president come on during the broadcast and to many folks it seemed like a political commercial during the first golf event. Great if you like him I guess, annoying if you don’t. We were discussing that in the thread about the event, when suddenly every post along that line, and the covid posts, all got deleted (which HE was discussing on the broadcast). Why? We didn’t let him in the golf broadcast, the network did. And it was an event to raise money for Covid relief none the less. We were simply talking about it, and if you didn’t like that conversation, you could just leave the thread and go elsewhere. Instead, the thread got obliterated.

it seems like lately there’s A LOT of moderation that’s unnecessary. You aren’t going to make everyone play nice with each other by deleting everything. And honestly, it’s going to be a pretty boring forum if no one is allowed to express any opinions. Again, if you don’t like a thread, don’t go back in. You quickly realize who the jacka%%^ are who are disrespectful and avoid them.

I don’t understand, as adults, why we need it all deleted when we don’t have to be reading it in the first place? It’s our choice to be in a thread and participating.

• Like 1

The scoop is that the mods caught wind that Blade was supporting Holly Saunders back in '015. Nail in the coffin at that point.

(Mic drop...)

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x