2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

South Denver Golf

TheKrushh

[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1434987963' post='11809958']
6am -10am was your golf window...says the guy that probably couldn't wake up for a time that early.
[/quote]

I was up until 1am watching Spike Lee's [i]Inside Man[/i]. No way could I have woken up four hours later to go golfing. :D Plus, it was Father's Day. My wife and kids made me breakfast, created a string course that led me to a new firepit (that I'll have to assemble), and we enjoyed a very relaxing morning on the front porch.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='pseudoswede' timestamp='1434988610' post='11810062'][quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1434987963' post='11809958']
6am -10am was your golf window...says the guy that probably couldn't wake up for a time that early.
[/quote]

I was up until 1am watching Spike Lee's [i]Inside Man[/i]. No way could I have woken up four hours later to go golfing. :D Plus, it was Father's Day. My wife and kids made me breakfast, created a string course that led me to a new firepit (that I'll have to assemble), and we enjoyed a very relaxing morning on the front porch.[/quote]

Sounds like a great day you had there!

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

I spent 9 hours grinding it out at the Ameristar poker room yesterday....it made appreciate my day on the course Saturday so much more....but both can be summed up the same. Fun until the end....Saturday was +3 for 16 holes...+3 on the last 2 holes. Sunday was up most of the day until my last 2 hands.....got drawn out by a runner runner flush, followed with running KK into AA....at least the bogey/double finish was cheaper :)

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Played Bear Dance on Saturday and the greens were nicest/fastest I've ever played. Course tends to be hit or miss so I figured I'd give you guys a heads up that it's a hit right now.

Also, highlands ranch (my home course) is starting to peak as well.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

[quote name='denvergolf' timestamp='1434983880' post='11809284']
Why does everyone have such an issue with golf taking up your whole day? It's basically a perfect weekend day. You're on a golf message board for crying out loud.

And yes, I have two kids, a wife, a dog, a demanding job, mow the yard, yada yada yada.
[/quote]

If golf is taking up my whole day, and I am only playing 18, it means I'm spending a good amount of time 'watching random people golf', which isn't a whole lot of fun. And if you have a wife, kids and a job, you know there is only a certain amount of time to golf each week. Shorter rounds = more golf for me.

[quote name='SeaOfGreen10' timestamp='1435074091' post='11818678']
[quote name='denvergolf' timestamp='1434983880' post='11809284']
Why does everyone have such an issue with golf taking up your whole day? It's basically a perfect weekend day. You're on a golf message board for crying out loud.

And yes, I have two kids, a wife, a dog, a demanding job, mow the yard, yada yada yada.
[/quote]

If golf is taking up my whole day, and I am only playing 18, it means I'm spending a good amount of time 'watching random people golf', which isn't a whole lot of fun. And if you have a wife, kids and a job, you know there is only a certain amount of time to golf each week. Shorter rounds = more golf for me.
[/quote]

There is nothing better than teeing off at 6am and being done by 10am with the entire day ahead of you to spend with your family.

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

Getting back out to South Suburban tomorrow after work for 18. Have to take another shot at it. 86 last time with 46-40 could've been so much better for how I was striking the ball. I started off poorly, pushing my first 4 or 5 shots straight right, so I went dub-dub, and had a few other putting woes on the front as well. Was tearing up the back until I ran into another dub due to putting. The place is in great shape and the greens are as tough as advertised, but I know if I leave the ball below the hole I should be able to cut 2-6 strokes right there. Also need to have a better first few holes, but I am excited for another shot at it.

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1435079230' post='11819364']
Getting back out to South Suburban tomorrow after work for 18. Have to take another shot at it. 86 last time with 46-40 could've been so much better for how I was striking the ball. I started off poorly, pushing my first 4 or 5 shots straight right, so I went dub-dub, and had a few other putting woes on the front as well. Was tearing up the back until I ran into another dub due to putting. The place is in great shape and the greens are as tough as advertised, but I know if I leave the ball below the hole I should be able to cut 2-6 strokes right there. Also need to have a better first few holes, but I am excited for another shot at it.
[/quote]

Just remember that It hasn't rained for a while. It will make Chambers Bay's greens look like shag carpet. :D

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

[quote name='pseudoswede' timestamp='1435082491' post='11819770']
[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1435079230' post='11819364']
[/quote]

Just remember that It hasn't rained for a while. It will make Chambers Bay's greens look like shag carpet. :D
[/quote]

Not a joke...those greens at South Sub are the real deal crazy train with incredible undulation and speed. Gotta be delicate with a lot of rolls out there.

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

I played Kings Deer the other week. This course has a long way to go in course maintenance to be on par with many courses in Colorado. Being that this course went bankrupt and out of business for a brief time last year only to be purchased by a new group, much work has to be done. Greens were very bumpy and inconsistent. In other words, poor. Fairways had a lot of dandelions growing everwhere. The pros in the Pro Shop were terrific and price with cart wasn't too bad. Knowing that the greens will be much like Chambers Bay in terms of being bumpy this course might be worth a try. However, with many terrific courses it may be tough for Kings Deer to thrive without a major investment in conditioning.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

I refuse to ever play Todd Creek again after playing a round there last summer where the greens looked like a plane flew over and dropped a million balls onto them. It's a shame, cause it's not a bad track and can be played for super cheap in the afternoon (but it will be very windy)

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

[quote name='seven dewey' timestamp='1435160699' post='11825904']
I refuse to ever play Todd Creek again after playing a round there last summer where the greens looked like a plane flew over and dropped a million balls onto them. It's a shame, cause it's not a bad track and can be played for super cheap in the afternoon (but it will be very windy)
[/quote]

That's really odd. I play a lot of round there and it's always been in really good shape. I actually really like the track. Fast green with a good blend of hard and easier holes.

[quote name='RobotDoctor' timestamp='1435109248' post='11822798']
I played Kings Deer the other week. This course has a long way to go in course maintenance to be on par with many courses in Colorado. Being that this course went bankrupt and out of business for a brief time last year only to be purchased by a new group, much work has to be done. Greens were very bumpy and inconsistent. In other words, poor. Fairways had a lot of dandelions growing everwhere. The pros in the Pro Shop were terrific and price with cart wasn't too bad. Knowing that the greens will be much like Chambers Bay in terms of being bumpy this course might be worth a try. However, with many terrific courses it may be tough for Kings Deer to thrive without a major investment in conditioning.
[/quote]
Sorry to hear this. I played there last fall and it was in great shape. Greens were fast and true, fairways were clean (no dandelions) and the bunkers had good sand in them as well.
I was hoping to go up the in the next few weeks and play again

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

[quote name='av1084' timestamp='1435082056' post='11819710']
Alright guys, just made the move from Florida to Denver and am already loving this place (this amazing weather doesn't hurt) - will probably join Commonground for the year later today as it is very close to our place - anyone on here play out of there?
[/quote]

Hey you made it!! Only played Commonground twice. The land Doak was given sucks, but he made it into a fun track none the less. I wouldn't mind playing during the week if you want to hit me up.

[quote name='av1084' timestamp='1435253863' post='11833684']
Will do Irv. Also, quite the storm last night. Haven't seen something like that in a while, and by a while, I mean ever!
[/quote]

That has been all Spring and Summer around here. I was out at South Suburban last night and only made it to 5 before we were rained, blown, and lightninged off the course. The temp dropped about 10-15 degrees suddenly and we knew it was time to head in. Some crazy lightning out there!

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1435261767' post='11834556']
Will do Irv. Also, quite the storm last night. Haven't seen something like that in a while, and by a while, I mean ever!
[/quote]

That has been all Spring and Summer around here. I was out at South Suburban last night and only made it to 5 before we were rained, blown, and lightninged off the course. The temp dropped about 10-15 degrees suddenly and we knew it was time to head in. Some crazy lightning out there!
[/quote]

Played Fitzsimons this morning and the course definitely had some tree damage from the storms. It was in pretty good shape though, all things considered.

[quote name='SeaOfGreen10' timestamp='1435268243' post='11835212']
[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1435261767' post='11834556']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Played Fitzsimons this morning and the course definitely had some tree damage from the storms. It was in pretty good shape though, all things considered.
[/quote]

Wait a minute..the craziest storm I've ever seen is in Florida..A tornado touched down on the ocean and was even strong enough to blow some shingles off some roofs. Colorado definitely has some crazy weather though for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Riverdale Dunes is good right now? Flying in Saturday morning and have a 1pm before heading to Ballyneal for 2 days.

TaylorMade M5 Tour 10.5  w/ Graphite Design MJ 5
TaylorMade M6 14 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Blue 70
PXG 0317X 17 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90
PXG 0311T 3-PW w/ KBS TGI 100
PXG 0311 Milled 54/60 w/ Black Onyx DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron 009
Bridgestone Tour B X 

[quote name='TLfan' timestamp='1436294715' post='11904640']
Riverdale Dunes is good right now? Flying in Saturday morning and have a 1pm before heading to Ballyneal for 2 days.
[/quote]

I haven't been to the Dunes since early March, but even then it seemed in pretty good shape. Also...I am jealous...still have not played Bally Neal but all I hear is that it is amazing. Enjoy!

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[/quote]

Its spectacular right now. I have 4 rounds there this year.

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

[quote name='DTown3011' timestamp='1436296398' post='11904878']
[/quote]

Its spectacular right now. I have 4 rounds there this year.
[/quote]

+1 Course is in excellent shape. Typically is always in great shape. The rough is NASTY right now too with all the rain we have been getting so keep in the in short stuff. Outside the fairway on 2/3 of the holes you will not find the ball potentially.

Sooo never got a "group" thing going still it seems. I know I have not been on in bit do to work load but now freeing up.

Anyone want to pick a course and just commit to it. I am pretty much open on the weekends / Friday afternoon for the next 30-45 days .... except July 29th - Aug 1st. ([i]Family trip but playing Southern Dunes / Raven and Sedona Golf course)[/i]

[i]Edit: Though not playing as much on the course. Still hitting balls at the Murphy once or twice a week. Last 3 rounds ranged from mid 70's to high 80's. Really all depends on my driver and self motivation...IE: more specifically the night before festivities :yes: [/i]

[quote name='kgoings' timestamp='1435330052' post='11838856']
Just moved to Highlands Ranch, anyone interested in Golfing Saturday morning? I am not that great...shoot mid 90's.
[/quote]

You should play the men's club at highlands ranch. Pretty good group!

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

[quote name='Chile Dip Master' timestamp='1436388057' post='11912058']
Sooo never got a "group" thing going still it seems. I know I have not been on in bit do to work load but now freeing up.

Anyone want to pick a course and just commit to it. I am pretty much open on the weekends / Friday afternoon for the next 30-45 days .... except July 29th - Aug 1st. ([i]Family trip but playing Southern Dunes / Raven and Sedona Golf course)[/i]

[i]Edit: Though not playing as much on the course. Still hitting balls at the Murphy once or twice a week. Last 3 rounds ranged from mid 70's to high 80's. Really all depends on my driver and self motivation...IE: more specifically the night before festivities :yes: [/i]
[/quote]

I'll commit. I'm camping this weekend, but I'm free most any other Sat/Sun..although I prefer early morning rounds (Murphy is good). If you can, while you're out in Sedona, give Troon North a look. Played it last month and it was excellent.