Ping G30 LS Tec Driver

aussiegolferer

Finally messed around with a launch monitor...first time in 10 years probably. Funny thing is I don't really know as I was hitting into a net and strikes felt good. 40 shots 30 with standard setting 10.5.
Messed around with loft on 3 shots with ++ + and - setting. Did this as I had a day to kill on a Saturday while out of town with kid at a day camp for 8 hours.

SS 102 avg. 99-106.
Ball speed 152
Launch 17.1
Spin 2105 avg.
carry 252 avg 280 total (guess the ground was firm on the roll outs after hitting the net)
Accuracy 7.9 off center (don't remember L or R)
Another item...I think was smash factor or something like that...not for sure 147.7. ( didn't really know what this meant and didn't ask just wrote it down).

Anyway I guess it was fun seeing numbers but I still prefer the sight of ball and where it actually ends up. Maybe one day I can do it on a live range with a monitor...guess that's more realistic.

Just thought I'd share my G30LS with others as I've really grown fond of this club as it's accuracy has been very good for me. I don't know my stats on fairways hit over the last 20 rounds but I do know I've been hitting from fairways quite more often than my SLDR days. Length for me is pretty even between the two with accuracy much improved with the PING.

Happy golfing. G30LS is the ticket for me these days.

Last thought is is sux getting older. I use to be 108-112 SS but time catches up with all of us.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to share a Bit of an anomoly here. Was having trouble losing mine right as many others have said. Tried the big plus setting, no Bueno. Too high, even farther right (makes no sense). Then I said what the heck and put it in the big minus setting. Not sure why, but hitting it dead straight with a slight fade every once in a while. This makes absolutely no sense but those were my results. Long story short, tinker with all settings before you abandon it.

[quote name='endy' timestamp='1439312764' post='12117482']
Want to share a Bit of an anomoly here. Was having trouble losing mine right as many others have said. Tried the big plus setting, no Bueno. Too high, even farther right (makes no sense). Then I said what the heck and put it in the big minus setting. Not sure why, but hitting it dead straight with a slight fade every once in a while. This makes absolutely no sense but those were my results. Long story short, tinker with all settings before you abandon it.
[/quote]

This is very interesting, as when I lofted up I had the same results, where the ball actually went higher and farther to the right. Maybe I'll try the negative setting and see what that does for me.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

[quote name='3woodvt' timestamp='1439306256' post='12116676']
Finally messed around with a launch monitor...first time in 10 years probably. Funny thing is I don't really know as I was hitting into a net and strikes felt good. 40 shots 30 with standard setting 10.5.
Messed around with loft on 3 shots with ++ + and - setting. Did this as I had a day to kill on a Saturday while out of town with kid at a day camp for 8 hours.

SS 102 avg. 99-106.
Ball speed 152
Launch 17.1
Spin 2105 avg.
carry 252 avg 280 total (guess the ground was firm on the roll outs after hitting the net)
Another item...I think was smash factor or something like that...not for sure 147.7. ( didn't really know what this meant and didn't ask just wrote it down).

Anyway I guess it was fun seeing numbers but I still prefer the sight of ball and where it actually ends up. Maybe one day I can do it on a live range with a monitor...guess that's more realistic.

Just thought I'd share my G30LS with others as I've really grown fond of this club as it's accuracy has been very good for me. I don't know my stats on fairways hit over the last 20 rounds but I do know I've been hitting from fairways quite more often than my SLDR days. Length for me is pretty even between the two with accuracy much improved with the PING.

Last thought is is sux getting older. I use to be 108-112 SS but time catches up with all of us.
[/quote]

You've got some nice numbers there. Depending on the condition and type of balls you were hitting, I would imagine your spin rates might be even a bit lower when playing with new premium balls. Probably closer to 1900 or 2000 revs.

917 D2 8.50* - Tensei CK Pro White 60
917 F2 13.5* - Rogue Max 70
816 H2 19.0* - D+ Plus 90
716 T-MB (3i, 4i) - Modus 120
716 CB (5-PW) - Modus 120
Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1457364-pitchinwedges-witb/page__p__15152218#entry15152218"][color=#0000ff][b]Photo WITB[/b][/color][/url]

[quote name='Bandy1080' timestamp='1439293798' post='12115528']
How many of you play this club shorter than the stock 45.25"? Thinking about cutting mine down about .5"?
[/quote]
Just cut mine to 44.75" and hotmelted by Will People's. Oh yea!!

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

[quote name='OspreyCI' timestamp='1439328501' post='12119096']
How many of you play this club shorter than the stock 45.25"? Thinking about cutting mine down about .5"?
[/quote]
[/quote]

How much hotmelt was added and where? How's the sound compared to before the hotmelt?

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

I play mine at 44.25" with 8 cotton balls and 9 inches of lead tape to get to D5

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

[quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1439395478' post='12123804']
I play mine at 44.25" with 8 cotton balls and 9 inches of lead tape to get to D5
[/quote]

That's gotta be ugly. Just buy a heavier weight, dude. Billy Bob.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

[quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1439336881' post='12119894']
For you G30 LS fans, is it the best driver you have tested?
[/quote]

Silly child, THE best driver is always THE NEXT ONE you hit, I am a G30LS fan boy for sure but I am all set for new clubs now. I will not be dropping 7 strokes by switching. Now if I was re-doing my bag, the LS is the #1 driver on my list.

Callaway B21 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70S (Callaway RFE 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70s backup)
RFE 16.5* 4 wood Diamana Kai'Li 80S
RFE 21.5* 7 wood UST V2 Tour 86gr
Apex 4/Apex Pro 5-PW H45 heads Aerotech i110
Callaway MD3 52-10/58-09 S Grind
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 2016

Instagram Link
https://www.instagram.com/michaelfrederickphotography/?hl=en
[twitter]BigDudeGuy72[/twitter]

[quote name='OrangeCrush' timestamp='1439398120' post='12124104']
[/quote]

Silly child, THE best driver is always THE NEXT ONE you hit, I am a G30LS fan boy for sure but I am all set for new clubs now. I will not be dropping 7 strokes by switching. Now if I was re-doing my bag, the LS is the #1 driver on my list.
[/quote]

Don't worry; when those CAPs have a mirror shine, you'll retool. See you in a few months. :)

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

[quote name='matchavez' timestamp='1439405339' post='12124784']
[quote name='OrangeCrush' timestamp='1439398120' post='12124104']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Don't worry; when those CAPs have a mirror shine, you'll retool. See you in a few months. :)
[/quote]

lol. No more clubs for me. I set the goal to build a full Callaway set late last yr and I did it. I am condo shopping now so no new clubs for me! ;)

Callaway B21 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70S (Callaway RFE 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70s backup)
RFE 16.5* 4 wood Diamana Kai'Li 80S
RFE 21.5* 7 wood UST V2 Tour 86gr
Apex 4/Apex Pro 5-PW H45 heads Aerotech i110
Callaway MD3 52-10/58-09 S Grind
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 2016

Instagram Link
https://www.instagram.com/michaelfrederickphotography/?hl=en
[twitter]BigDudeGuy72[/twitter]

This will be an indentical post to earlier in the thread so bare with me.

I have 2 of them right now as previously stated, that I rotate based on course.

10.5 at 45.5 inches w/125 MSI 70TX Rogue @ D5
10.5 at 45 inches w/Kuro Kage 70TX XTS @ D4

Both have 14.5 gram authentic Ping weights in sole

I flat bomb both, and prior to this season I've been a pretty awful driver of the golf ball.

First driver that when I miss, my hook is seriously toned down, my guess due to slightly open face and possible fade bias?

Either way, I never thought I'd game 2 driver heads exactly the same at the same time, but I've hit this driver so good ALL season, I don't see any reason why I'll change - ever.

Both heads I play in neutral position, for arguments sake.

I had a Diamana B70x I started at start of year with but launched too high and spun too much.

I just can't get enough of this head!

[quote name='Drudersh' timestamp='1439316141' post='12117794']
[quote name='endy' timestamp='1439312764' post='12117482']
[/quote]

This is very interesting, as when I lofted up I had the same results, where the ball actually went higher and farther to the right. Maybe I'll try the negative setting and see what that does for me.
[/quote]I'm hitting pretty strait with slight draw depending on my set up. Closed stance gives me a little more power and definitely right to left flight. Square set up gives me consistently strait ball. I've found tinkering with my feet and moving ball inch or two back in stance or forward has more to do with curving than loft thus far. I know you already know these things but I have to go closed when I'm trying for the extra 10 yards as it gives me more turn with the hips and naturally a draw set up. Good as you are you'll figure it's and inch here or an inch there with the basics. I'd be hesitant to change settings with a good player on the club when it's probably something just off with hands, feet, etc... curious to here back when you figure it out. You was part of the reason I tried this club from a few months back. This club has been a fairway finder for me. I'm sure you'll be dialed in again soon.

[quote name='pitchinwedge' timestamp='1439316987' post='12117888']
[quote name='3woodvt' timestamp='1439306256' post='12116676']

SS 102 avg. 99-106.
Ball speed 152
Launch 17.1
Spin 2105 avg.

[/quote]

You've got some nice numbers there. Depending on the condition and type of balls you were hitting, I would imagine your spin rates might be even a bit lower when playing with new premium balls. Probably closer to 1900 or 2000 revs.
[/quote]Hard to beat those Maxfli's at Dicks. Found a few cracked and had to throw behind the desk. Thanks for reply

I had only been using my normal G30 10.5* with Rogue 125 60x for a couple of rounds with ridiculously great results when a couple of holes into a round I heard it make a funny noise. Inspected the head & found it had cracked in the hosel, it has gone back to Ping & hopefully I'll have a replacement soon.
The day it cracked I also had my 10.5* LS with Matrix 6M3 stiff in the bag (play two drivers quite often when I have new toys, just drop a wedge) but I had never hit it so I didn't no what to expect. First ball I realised it likes to bleed right a little, no big deal but I was used to seeing my ball be pretty straight or draw a touch. Flight was very strong, no ballooning & certainly long enough. I think it sounds very different to the normal G30, not a bad sound but it took some getting used to. Second ball did the same as first, so far so good. Third tee ball I tried to hit a draw & really tear through it. Boom! Beautiful little draw, great flight, great carry, great release & plenty long. The rest of the round I was more & more impressed with the results although I wasn't on my home course so I couldn't compare to my G30/Rogue.
A mate of mine who I was playing with & hates Ping hit it a few times & couldn't believe the results he was getting. Well old mate sold his driver & bought a LS the next day haha.
The LS is pretty forgiving, I haven't been punished too much at all for miss hits. I haven't tried the Rogue in it yet as I've been nutting the 6M3. I also got a 9* LS I was that impressed with 10.5* & so far I've only hit it with a Diamana B 60x a handful of balls due to waiting for a busted knee to mend.
Hoping to be back on the course again soon & have a bunch of shafts to try between the 3 heads, can't wait!
Kuro Kage 60 XT, Kiyoshi purple & blue, AD MT, Aldila Tour green, Speeder 757 & 661 Tour Spec & 9003x, Rogue 125, 110 & 95

Ping G LS 9* Aldila Tour Rogue 125msi 60x or
Taylormade M1 430 9.5* Aldila Tour Rogue 125msi 60s
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Tour Rogue 125msi 70s
Titleist 915 HD 17.5* Diamana Blue 80s
Cleveland 588 CB 5-PW Project X PXI 6.0
Titleist 712 GW KBS Tour
Cleveland Rotex 2.0 52* 56* 60*
Taylormade Spider Si Slant Neck

[quote name='crazyray' timestamp='1439413741' post='12125626']
This will be an indentical post to earlier in the thread so bare with me.

I have 2 of them right now as previously stated, that I rotate based on course.

10.5 at 45.5 inches w/125 MSI 70TX Rogue @ D5
10.5 at 45 inches w/Kuro Kage 70TX XTS @ D4

Both have 14.5 gram authentic Ping weights in sole

I flat bomb both, and prior to this season I've been a pretty awful driver of the golf ball.

First driver that when I miss, my hook is seriously toned down, my guess due to slightly open face and possible fade bias?

Either way, I never thought I'd game 2 driver heads exactly the same at the same time, but I've hit this driver so good ALL season, I don't see any reason why I'll change - ever.

Both heads I play in neutral position, for arguments sake.

I had a Diamana B70x I started at start of year with but launched too high and spun too much.

I just can't get enough of this head!
[/quote]

Can you comment on the differences between the setups? I have the rogue right now but also have a new kuro XT which I can't decide what to do with.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

[/quote]

I must be the only one who can't hit this thing! It takes off like a rocket and is a fairway finder, but I get no roll at all- drops like a sack of bricks out of the sky. No matter what the setting is, I just can't get the distance. I have never had a head that was too low spin, but I think that's the problem. I have a Fuji Robmax 8z08 stiff in the head which may contribute to the low spin problem. I carry my G15 7.5/83x Whiteboard and BBA 2014 ZT60x 9* past the 9* G30 LS and then get a 5-10 yards of roll after that. Looks like this failed experiment will be hitting the BST.

Need more spin or loft brotha

Ping G LS 9* Aldila Tour Rogue 125msi 60x or
Taylormade M1 430 9.5* Aldila Tour Rogue 125msi 60s
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Tour Rogue 125msi 70s
Titleist 915 HD 17.5* Diamana Blue 80s
Cleveland 588 CB 5-PW Project X PXI 6.0
Titleist 712 GW KBS Tour
Cleveland Rotex 2.0 52* 56* 60*
Taylormade Spider Si Slant Neck

I am new to the LS and having read much of this thread I have to ask a question of those that used yarn to mute the sound a bit. I understand where and how to insert but how much yarn to use? One poster said he used 10 feet. Is that a lot or too little? Posters that used cotton balls have used anywhere from one to eight that I have read. Question on the cotton balls. Would you be able to "vacuum" out the cotton if that did not yield a satisfactory result?

Thanks,

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

^^It all depends on what you are trying to do. If you are just trying to change the sounds only, I would start short, otherwise you will change the swing weight. If you are trying to change the swing weight then use as much as you need.

Just for sounds I would find the lightest fuzziest yarn you can find and use less than 24"

Thanks guys. Did a couple feet change the sound appreciably for you?

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

[quote name='KPH808' timestamp='1439359595' post='12121818']
[quote name='OspreyCI' timestamp='1439328501' post='12119096']
[/quote]
[/quote]

How much hotmelt was added and where? How's the sound compared to before the hotmelt?
[/quote]
Just hit it! Thanks Will, best $30 ever spent! Muted and solid. I think he added 5 grams he said.

Taking it down to 44.75" is perfect for me. I had a G25 at this length and loved it. The G30 LS being hotmelted and cut down is an absolute bomber!

More feedback after Saturday.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I had the tour green in my G25 and I tried the rogue in my LS, but keep going back to the tour 65 x. What a great shaft.

10.5 with the tour 65 at 45.25 (I think that is standard) is putting me in places on course that I have never been before. 10-15 yards longer for me. I can't really tell a difference in the air, but I have been blown away more than once when I walk up to the ball. in reality all that means is that I am learning how to hit from behind new trees, but at least it keeps things fresh.