• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='matchavez' timestamp='1441925575' post='12296064']
[quote name='animalgolfs' timestamp='1441505475' post='12270144']
[quote name='G-Bone' timestamp='1441505100' post='12270116']
[quote name='animalgolfs' timestamp='1441490507' post='12269148']
[quote name='wrigley' timestamp='1441461316' post='12267458']
I've had my G30 LS Tec for about 15 rounds, I replaced the stock shaft with a AD DI7s from my old Nike Driver. After several rounds and range sessions, I could not hit it, shaft felt too sitff and my misses were slicing. With my old Nike, the trajectory was a low with a baby cut, or straight ball, the AD DI7s felt more or a reg that stiff. I've tried the stock reg, but it feels too soft, my SS is 95-100.

I have the Recoils in my irons, and love the feel, I contacted UST look for a similar driver shaft. They told me to try the Elements Chrome, anyone else tried it in the G30?
[/quote]

I had the chrome as well...This after hearing it plays close to the Tour shaft.

To me, it's really different & much firmer

I had better results with the Attas T2 over the Chrome.

I play Recoil 110 in my irons as well.
[/quote]

Pings Tour 65 is made by UST and is a ver close cousin to the Chrome.
[/quote]

Yes, I said that.... But it's a very different feel
[/quote]

Must agree. I don't know why. I have the Tour 65S, and the Chrome 6F5T... both just different. I'd have a hard time explaining... I have the Tour 65X in, and I'm going to give that a whirl. The Tour65S seems to just have this late, last second kick that pops the ball up... not every time, but when you get it just right it high-arcs. The Chrome seems to be slightly lower, but more consistent in elevation... like the kickpoint isn't a "point", but rather spread out a little.

I hope that makes a little sense...
[/quote]

Point on...

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

I am really liking my 10.5, set to the small minus. I wish I could say I am hitting it farther than my three year old Amp Cell Pro, which I always played at 8.5, but they are giving me nearly identical distance. The flight is cool looking, though, as it jumps up higher, then flattens out, versus the Amp which launched a bit lower and reached apex farther down range. Playing it with a VTS Silver 6x, same as the Cobra.

Thank you to the person who posted this tip...I didn't love the sound of the driver, as I tend to like more muted sounding clubs for some reason, so I snagged some fluffy yarn out of my wife's knitting basket and poked 10 feet of it into the weight screw hole with a tiny screwdriver. I figured I could pull it out if I didn't like it, but to me, it's perfect now. Still has a "crack" to it, but lost the hollow, softball bat ringing which would get me right in my left ear at times. It's not at all dead sounding, just really good imo. And easily reversed if not pleasing.

I did go from d-3 to d-5, which doesn't bother me much, but I might pick up a lighter weight eventually to bring it down.

Very happy with it now.

• 3 weeks later...

Today was a beauty day, sunny and no wind, shot a 76 which could of been lower if I made a few putts. This evening a major cold front came in, so no golf this weekend, forecast is a rain/snow mix, high of 3 Celsius or 38 F, the season is coming to an end up here.

Since replacing my SLDR 430 with a G30 LST this spring, for the first time in my life, my handicap has dropped from 10-11 to 6.7. I'm hitting the LST consistently down the middle and very few balls are lost in the bush or OB.

I never owned a PING driver before, couldn't stand the tinny sound, fix'd that by taking out the weight and stuffing approx. 20-25 feet of Walmart yarn into the head to get the S/W up to D4, this is by far the best driver .... ever!

D.

Ping G430 10k - 10.5° Driver Tour Chrome 2.0 65 or Ventus Blue 6-S Velo

Ping G430 Max 15° 3 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 65 S or Ad Di8-S
Ping G430 Max 21° 7 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 75 S

Ping G430’s, 4-P/W - UST Recoil ES 780 F4-S

Ping G430 - 45° & 50° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S

Ping Glide Pro 56° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 Limited Edition Putter

Ping DLX Cart Bag

V1 Sport Push Cart - Garmin Approach G80

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my G30 LS 10.5* Tour 65S (104'ish club head speed) cut to 44.5". Cannot say enough good things about this club. Completely in love with it. Extremely forgiving and LONG. My drives used to stop with little to no roll and now with this driver I can see the ball take a hug hop and rolling out.

I adjusted it to the big + setting and its launching much better for me than the standard setting. Unfortunately it moved my multi compound grip so now the logo is side ways. Silver lining is that I found a spot to line up my hands perfectly with the crooked grip.

I used the MC+4 grip and think it might be a little too big for the bottom hand. I may replace with standard MC grip and use 2 extra wraps for the bottom hand. But I'm hitting it too well at the moment to change anything.

This is easily a world record for how long this has been in my bag. I've tried to kick it out, but no luck.

Cally Epic Speed w/ Accra
Titleist TSR3 16.5 w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Ping G425 3 Hybrid w/Ping Tour Chrome X

Ping iCrossover 4 Iron w/Ping Tour Chrome X

Srixon ZX7 5-PW w/ PXLZ 6.0
Cally Jaws Raw w/ TIS400
Ping Fetch/Ping Lil'B

[quote name='t4t3r' timestamp='1444859894' post='12456948']
Put mine back in the bag yesterday, but forgot I need to get the SW down. Anyone have a spare weight (or weights) laying around and want to get rid of them? Need something around the 8g range as I think mine is a 12.
[/quote]
I think I still have the 6g one that came in mine, before I replaced it with a 12, after putting in a shorter shaft. Trade?

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

[quote name='ccorrada' timestamp='1444854118' post='12456534']This is easily a world record for how long this has been in my bag. I've tried to kick it out, but no luck.[/quote] I'm still loving mine. It feels with other drivers that I have to put a great swing on it to stay in the fairway. With this one even a mediocre swing will put it in play. Never have I had this happen with a 110-115 mph swing speed

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

Not getting along with this thing. Just no feel (even after hotmelting) and the driver doesn't seem hot. Might be on BST soon. I played better with the G20. I might just need to trade for a 10.5.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

[quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1444911634' post='12459132']Not getting along with this thing. Just no feel and the driver doesn't seem hot. Might be on BST soon. I played better with the G20.[/quote]

Same here. Had some great rounds with mine, as i've gamed it all season, but just not as consistent as I'd like it to be.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

[quote name='3 Jack Par' timestamp='1444881758' post='12458442']
[quote name='t4t3r' timestamp='1444859894' post='12456948']
Put mine back in the bag yesterday, but forgot I need to get the SW down. Anyone have a spare weight (or weights) laying around and want to get rid of them? Need something around the 8g range as I think mine is a 12.
[/quote]
I think I still have the 6g one that came in mine, before I replaced it with a 12, after putting in a shorter shaft. Trade?
[/quote]

Let me call ping to check the weight again and I'll shoot you a pm.

I use a Ping i25 8.5* with a stiff X53 Bassara shaft... just love the club but also recently bought an Adams XTD 10.5* set down at 9* with a reg shaft (Red Tie) just because I wanted to tinker after having a lot of joy with my tight lies 16* FW.

Yesterday I got to demo and take a Callie GBB 816 9*, Taylormade M1 in 8.5* and Ping G30 LStec 9* out to my course here in NY in the very early morning..... indeed I had to wait on the tee for enough light to bomb away on our par 5 9th hole.

I chose the 9th as it is a 548 yard or so par 5 with a decent width fairway, nice landing area with a good bit of roll. The rest of the course is extremely tight and my[i] best drives[/i] here over the last month have ended up within a 10 yard range of the 250 yard marker.

I hit several balls with each club interchanging after 3 shots with each club over an hour and a half until I was told by the greenkeeper to move on. I used different number Titleist balls for each club so I could see what was what. I got 12 shots with all bar the i25 which I got 9 shots with.

All distances with roll.

Last for distance, feel and joy for me = [b]TM M1[/b] (45.5" reg shaft) I could not hit the M1 for the life of me which is what I got when I tested it indoors at 3 different golf stores and pro shops where my max SS was measured with it at 98 mph vs my normal 101-103. Best drive 265, avg below 250. Hated the feel and look of this.

[b]Great Big Bertha 816[/b] - (45.5" reg shaft) measured SS = 101.2 avg on LM, Best drive 278, avg 260, hated the feel of this.

[b]Adams XTD[/b] - (45" shaft reg) sprayed a few of these SS = 101.2 avg on LM, Best drive 288, avg 274, ugly club but works.

[b]Ping i25[/b] - hit this the best as it is my normal driver (45.25" shaft) SS max on LM = 105.0 avg 102.5, best drive 295, avg 276

[b]Ping G30 LSTEC[/b] 9* set at 9* (45.8" reg shaft TFC) SS max on LM 104.8, avg 102.2, best drive 288, avg 282, great club and extremely forgiving... missed a few off the heel area and they went a long way for me which is great because that is where my shortest shots usually come from.

Overall, I ranked them in ascending order above so the G30 LSTEC was best for me but not enough to dislodge my i25 so I will wait until 2016 and the new PING offering and see if that can replace my i25 which to date is the best driver I have used.

After a few range sessions, I finally began hitting this thing well. Very straight, ball stayed in the air a while. I need more loft though. Still, too harsh a feeling which takes the feel away from really good shafts. It equalizes sound and feel so that they all feel bad.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

[quote name='czastrow' timestamp='1445011960' post='12465084']
Never hit a Rogue, maybe I should try one.
[/quote]

I wasn't thrilled with the tour 65, didn't feel lively enough to me. Been swapping DI 6s and rogue 125 50tx with the rogue winning much of the bag time.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Anyone using Fuji motore speeder Vc Ts 6.2 or 6.3?

In thinking about it, but am a little hesitant. My previous experience with the 6.2 wasn't that good, but it was also with the SLDR. I'm thinking the 6.2 stiff with g30 ls tec = BOMBS!!!!

FYI... Currently using fuel Ts 60 stiff and I think I have a little room to knock some spin down.

Finally gave up on my ego and ditched the X2HOT Pro with a X Tour Green. Picked up a 10.5 LS with a Tour S 65. So much easier to hit its not even funny. Need to try and mute the sound a bit though without changing how it performs.

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

Really hitting the ball further with this thing. I've stated this multiple times here, but for me the i15 was Ping's longest driver. I lost yardage with the G20 and G30, mostly because they just spun too much for me (~3300 RPMSs). The LST dropped my RPMs down 500 or so. I'm playing the 9* driver at 10* which is supposed to be a draw setting, but I find it really hard to turn this club over. Might get some hotmelt added to the heel, but mine's already hotmelted and I don't want to put too many grams in the head. If I have 6 grams in already, is another 4-5 in the heel going to throw the club off much?

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

[quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1446395827' post='12536628']Really hitting the ball further with this thing. I've stated this multiple times here, but for me the i15 was Ping's longest driver. I lost yardage with the G20 and G30, mostly because they just spun too much for me (~3300 RPMSs). The LST dropped my RPMs down 500 or so. I'm playing the 9* driver at 10* which is supposed to be a draw setting, but I find it really hard to turn this club over. Might get some hotmelt added to the heel, but mine's already hotmelted and I don't want to put too many grams in the head. If I have 6 grams in already, is another 4-5 in the heel going to throw the club off much?[/quote]

Please research Mr Wishon...the amount of hot melt needed to affect ball flight and/or direction will make your G30 unplayable.

Check your SW of your current setup. 4-6 could add 2-3 points and if you're already playing a heavier weight you could turn it into a sledgehammer.

[quote name='therealjonzone' timestamp='1446400526' post='12536888'][quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1446395827' post='12536628']Really hitting the ball further with this thing. I've stated this multiple times here, but for me the i15 was Ping's longest driver. I lost yardage with the G20 and G30, mostly because they just spun too much for me (~3300 RPMSs). The LST dropped my RPMs down 500 or so. I'm playing the 9* driver at 10* which is supposed to be a draw setting, but I find it really hard to turn this club over. Might get some hotmelt added to the heel, but mine's already hotmelted and I don't want to put too many grams in the head. If I have 6 grams in already, is another 4-5 in the heel going to throw the club off much?[/quote]

Please research Mr Wishon...the amount of hot melt needed to affect ball flight and/or direction will make your G30 unplayable.

Check your SW of your current setup. 4-6 could add 2-3 points and if you're already playing a heavier weight you could turn it into a sledgehammer.[/quote]

Unplayable?

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna