Ping i-e Irons?

Nessism

[quote name='hyunsbuns' timestamp='1434177589' post='11743426']
[quote name='Danny16' timestamp='1434155267' post='11742002']
Ping went with the same or similar finish and color scheme as the G30 irons. If by port you mean the silver thing in the back of the S55, I25 and Glides then it's the same. The difference though is on this one it's not visible from behind and tucked in a little cavity. I really don't want to say to much though
[/quote]

dang... was hoping for it to look more like the glide. you sure it wasn't the gmax you saw?
[/quote]

Was hoping more for the Glide look myself. Simple. Clean. If they are darker finish however, I won't complain.

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

[quote name='DTown3011' timestamp='1434193602' post='11743690']
[quote name='hyunsbuns' timestamp='1434177589' post='11743426']
[quote name='Danny16' timestamp='1434155267' post='11742002']
Ping went with the same or similar finish and color scheme as the G30 irons. If by port you mean the silver thing in the back of the S55, I25 and Glides then it's the same. The difference though is on this one it's not visible from behind and tucked in a little cavity. I really don't want to say to much though
[/quote]

dang... was hoping for it to look more like the glide. you sure it wasn't the gmax you saw?
[/quote]

Was hoping more for the Glide look myself. Simple. Clean. If they are darker finish however, I won't complain.
[/quote]

I'll be a little disappointed if they move to the darker finish on these. I get the desire to move away from the plating and the delamination issues, but doesn't make sense to me to produce players irons with a dark finish and the players line of wedges in a lighter, completely different finish.

I don't get the finish issues with the i25 on the plating? I've had two sets and I've had zero issues.. I bought a set last April and had no issues. Slammed a club in the bag and barely even made a mark. Played them all year and like a fool got rid of them this spring. Decided to get another set and have had them two weeks and they look brand new. I love the finish personally. Oh well. I would like to see what one looks like that has a plating issue just to know.

Can't wait to see the new ones!

I change too much to list it. Working on that...

[quote name='Techgolfer1' timestamp='1434224315' post='11745432']
I don't get the finish issues with the i25 on the plating? I've had two sets and I've had zero issues.. I bought a set last April and had no issues. Slammed a club in the bag and barely even made a mark. Played them all year and like a fool got rid of them this spring. Decided to get another set and have had them two weeks and they look brand new. I love the finish personally. Oh well. I would like to see what one looks like that has a plating issue just to know.

[/quote]

It looked like you hit a rock on the outer toe of your club. The finish just chunked off on its own. I had the delamination on my i20s and of the three news sets sold at my club that I know of, 2 out of the 3 i25 iron sets had it too. You don't want to see it, just be glad it missed you.

[quote name='eldog-in-the-hizouse' timestamp='1434224868' post='11745470']

[/quote]

It looked like you hit a rock on the outer toe of your club. The finish just chunked off on its own. I had the delamination on my i20s and of the three news sets sold at my club that I know of, 2 out of the 3 i25 iron sets had it too. You don't want to see it, just be glad it missed you.
[/quote]

I'm still playing the early version i20s and never have had any issues with these. IMO, I think some people just expect their cubs to stay pristine all the time. Not going to happen!

[quote name='Nessism' timestamp='1433294161' post='11678598']
Local shop owner told me tonight that Ping will show photos of the new i-series irons to retail accounts next week. Said they are going to be called i-e irons. This guy seems reliable in past dealings and beyond this, I know nothing.
[/quote]I-E or Eye 3?

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5 Fuji Ventus Black 6S
Callaway Epic SubZero 16.5 Fuji Ventus 7S
PING i500 3 iron UST Recoil 95 F4
PING i500 5 iron Steelfiber i95S
TaylorMade 790 irons 6-PW
Vokey SM8 Raw 50F 54S 59K 62M
Scotty Cameron Timeless CS

[quote name='snagy2000' timestamp='1434229490' post='11745760']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm still playing the early version i20s and never have had any issues with these. IMO, I think some people just expect their cubs to stay pristine all the time. Not going to happen!
[/quote]

I don't think anyone expects pristine, but it's not unreasonable to expect them to actually stay together. I saw sets that were worse than others. There were a couple that had huge chunks that you could pick at with your finger nail.

[quote name='eldog-in-the-hizouse' timestamp='1434224868' post='11745470'][quote name='Techgolfer1' timestamp='1434224315' post='11745432']

[/quote]

It looked like you hit a rock on the outer toe of your club. The finish just chunked off on its own. I had the delamination on my i20s and of the three news sets sold at my club that I know of, 2 out of the 3 i25 iron sets had it too. You don't want to see it, just be glad it missed you.[/quote]

Wow! That sucks for sure. Never seen it.

I change too much to list it. Working on that...

[quote name='Sidetracked' timestamp='1434213535' post='11744756']
[quote name='J.W.' timestamp='1434212306' post='11744658']
I haven't gotten to see these topics fast enough but they look awesome and the finish is much better by all accounts.
[/quote]

Do you know if they are coming out with any new stuff other than irons JW?
[/quote]I'm sure JW knows more but I haven't heard of anything else.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

[quote name='Nessism' timestamp='1433939186' post='11724494']
[quote name='j_king' timestamp='1433890012' post='11721646']
While we all know the specific ramifications of the 2010 groove rule, the fact is that they do not meet the new groove criteria since the rule change which is clearly what vanya was referring to...
[/quote]

Actually, a great many people around here do NOT understand the ramifications of the groove rule. The rule only affects a very small percentage of the players out there yet we hear all the time about "Illegal grooves".
[/quote] I know, it's ridiculous how many are infatuated with this, and it applies to nobody here......maybe a few top amateurs if there are any.......groove rule is a joke

Not one time during a round has anyone ever said to anyone else " are those wedges conforming"......especially when most golfers don't even have a wedge game to speak of.....not like a non conforming wedge is going to make a difference anyway, lol

[quote name='SetTheBarrHigh' timestamp='1434233115' post='11746036']
[quote name='snagy2000' timestamp='1434229490' post='11745760']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't think anyone expects pristine, but it's not unreasonable to expect them to actually stay together. I saw sets that were worse than others. There were a couple that had huge chunks that you could pick at with your finger nail.
[/quote]these clubs are mass produced in china.....so it's not like their high quality works of art built by craftsmen, anything made for profit that is mass produced has a certain percentage of failures.....i.e. badges coming off, flaws in metal, etc etc

[quote name='knock it close' timestamp='1434241349' post='11746570']
I haven't gotten to see these topics fast enough but they look awesome and the finish is much better by all accounts.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes-- there is a new G iron replacement that looks pretty slick. I've heard it is LONG... and I mean crazy LONG and forgiving... which is their goal with that target audience. The guy that I heard that from is a realist and an engineer so he won't make claims like that unless it truly does what he says it does... and he was just raving to me about how long this club was for the loft. LONG, HIGH, SOFT and FORGIVING... what every golfer wants... right? I won't leak the name of it unless someone else does it first but I'm pretty sure its a G series iron replacement... and its NOT called the G35. I liked the look of it so much I am going to order myself a #2/3/4 utility/driving iron to just whoop on from the tee... Lol.

New wedge... Glide wedge with the Eye2 sole... definitely gonna be grabbing a 60 in that one just to tinker with...

Everything I saw looked very good... PING still on their game at least. A couple major OEM's have released stuff that I thought was just average and not even worth releasing against their older line of stuff. This whole mid-summer release I think will do very well for them. Excited to get my iE1 fitting components especially coming with several nice stock shafts and no more complaining about CFS being the stock shaft even though its a great shaft in my opinion. I ordered a couple sets just for the wall with different stock shafts.

Anyway I think people will be excited when they see this stuff.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

[/quote]

I found out the number of heads that are doing this is under 5% so its not like you would expect everyone to see it with their clubs. Obviously that number is what they know about and what's been reported... it doesn't seem so bad but 5% is still WAY too high in my opinion. I do quite a bit of PING fitting and sales and I've seen one set of S55's do this and probably 5-6 sets of i25's and some of plating issues actually affect play... not just look. I mean if that happened to my personal clubs I would be annoyed and want it fixed when I had some downtime so I wasn't without my clubs for something a simple as a cosmetic issue BUT a couple sets definitely would have had an impact on playability.

The only positive is PING takes care of the situation if you're a trusted account and they know you've seen this before and can tell them what it is... if that's the case they will ship out a set to you without ever seeing your clubs so you won't have any lost time.

I have this high school girl that's a pretty good golfer (shoots in the 70's in tournaments) and she is now on her 3rd set of i25 irons because they have basically fallen apart on her. I actually feel bad because she thinks she's doing something wrong and that's not it-- just the clubs failing. Hopefully this set holds up and she just got them 3 days ago.

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

[quote name='hyunsbuns' timestamp='1434258813' post='11747730']
anyone know if these will be debuted at chambers next week?
[/quote]

I don't think you're gonna see anything until July-- I was told a tour event date but I don't wanna be the guy leaking information because I don't know how sensitive it is... I will just say its going to be in July.

Now-- if a random top tier PING staff guy falls in love with something... he may have it in the bag sooner. Example-- they weren't scheduled to launch G30 drivers on tour for another 3 weeks but Bubba liked the driver so much he pleaded with them to let him put it in play ASAP. Of course they let him and he had it in his bag the day after testing and ~3 weeks before they were planning to have them out there. I would imagine if say Lee Westwood loves these new iE-1 irons in testing and really wants them in his bag then they will probably not say no especially since he's still using an old set of i20 irons.

Anyway-- plan for July....

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

Thanks for the bits of information guys. Really looking forward to PING's new stuff.

The fact that they're moving away from that plating is already great news!

TITLEIST TSR2 / TENSEI AV BLUE XLINK 65S

TM SIM2 Ti / MOTORE X F3 7S

PING G430 / 3H 4H TOUR 2.0 CHROME 85S

PING i230 / 5-PW MODUS 115S

TITLEIST SM9 / 50F 54D 58D S200

TITLEIST FLOWBACK 5 / SPECIAL SELECT

[quote name='J.W.' timestamp='1434261008' post='11747804']
[quote name='knock it close' timestamp='1434241349' post='11746570']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes-- there is a new G iron replacement that looks pretty slick. I've heard it is LONG... and I mean crazy LONG and forgiving... which is their goal with that target audience. The guy that I heard that from is a realist and an engineer so he won't make claims like that unless it truly does what he says it does... and he was just raving to me about how long this club was for the loft. LONG, HIGH, SOFT and FORGIVING... what every golfer wants... right? I won't leak the name of it unless someone else does it first but I'm pretty sure its a G series iron replacement... and its NOT called the G35. I liked the look of it so much I am going to order myself a #2/3/4 utility/driving iron to just whoop on from the tee... Lol.

New wedge... Glide wedge with the Eye2 sole... definitely gonna be grabbing a 60 in that one just to tinker with...

Everything I saw looked very good... PING still on their game at least. A couple major OEM's have released stuff that I thought was just average and not even worth releasing against their older line of stuff. This whole mid-summer release I think will do very well for them. Excited to get my iE1 fitting components especially coming with several nice stock shafts and no more complaining about CFS being the stock shaft even though its a great shaft in my opinion. I ordered a couple sets just for the wall with different stock shafts.

Anyway I think people will be excited when they see this stuff.
[/quote]

This is interesting stuff here. I've got g25 and do not plan on replacing them until after I turn 50 in about 10 months. That said, hitting the Callaway xr 7 iron 20.4 yds longer, higher and with tighter dispersion on average (per trackman) than my g25 almost made me pull the trigger. If not for reported finish issues with the xr irons, I would have likely gone ahead and switched.

Now if PING releases an iron that is 20 yds longer, higher and straighter than my g25 that will hold up like the current g irons, they will very likely be in my bag.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

[quote name='lefty32077' timestamp='1434291342' post='11748642']
I believe the iron J.W is referring to is the iron that will be replacing karstens not the g's. Although they will carry a G name
[/quote][quote name='J.W.' timestamp='1434261008' post='11747804']

[/quote]

GMAX? I think I've seen that name floated in this thread a few times, if not other places. I also think it's more than likely a Karsten replacement, not the G30

[quote name='Ping Panther' timestamp='1434292816' post='11748748']
[quote name='lefty32077' timestamp='1434291342' post='11748642']
I believe the iron J.W is referring to is the iron that will be replacing karstens not the g's. Although they will carry a G name
[/quote][quote name='J.W.' timestamp='1434261008' post='11747804']

[/quote]

GMAX? I think I've seen that name floated in this thread a few times, if not other places. I also think it's more than likely a Karsten replacement, not the G30
[/quote]

Makes sense that it's a Karsten replacement. Golfsmith dropped the price on the Karsten line not too long ago, so I figured something new had to be coming in hot.

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS