2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Put my Kirkland Signatures into play yesterday. I thought they were fine. Excellent value for money, but for me, they don't perform as well as a 2017 Prov V1. I found them to be not as good in the wind and not as durable as the Titleists. Feel and green side spin were pretty good. The jury is still out on distance - it was windy yesterday, and based on their susceptibility to ball flight being impacted by wind, I don't feel like I was in a good position to judge distance.

The commercials can't be cheap so I assume they are doing well??

Well I dunno if we can deduce that. They are running lots of ads for that "service" that sends you clothes every month and you have to send back the ones you don't want to pay for. There's no way any significant number of people are falling for that yet someone is bankrolling a boatload of ads.

Maybe Vice just have investors with deep pockets and haven't yet burned through all the money running ads...

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

I'm actually wondering how much market share Vice is getting right now. The Commercials are outstanding and perfectly target the non- conforming types..that spokesman/mascot guy-sort of the cool anti-Titliest hipster golfer, IF there is such a thing..

The commercials can't be cheap so I assume they are doing well??

For some companies, those ads are just part of the price of doing business. If Titleist has proven anything, it's that good marketing strategy wins.

They picked the 2015 version because it compared closest to the Ksig;

• GolfBallTest.org bench testing showed the 2015 Titleist Pro V1 was closest to the Kirkland based on compression and cover hardness.

​Your results are based on your swing, they are not generic numbers that others can base a purchase decision on unless they swing exactly like you. An analysis should provide generic numbers, not personalized.

Never looked at that site before. Let me ask you something about the comparison below

The down arrow under ProV1.

Does that mean the ProV1 flies less than the Kirkland ? Or vice versa ?

Comparing Ksig to... so in general the Ksig is shorter and spins more-which go hand in hand. But of course the key is how much shorter. A yard or two would still be "comparable" and for some folks more spin is good.

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

• GolfBallTest.org bench testing showed the 2015 Titleist Pro V1 was closest to the Kirkland based on compression and cover hardness.

​Your results are based on your swing, they are not generic numbers that others can base a purchase decision on unless they swing exactly like you. An analysis should provide generic numbers, not personalized.

Never looked at that site before. Let me ask you something about the comparison below

Comparing Ksig to... so in general the Ksig is shorter and spins more-which go hand in hand. But of course the key is how much shorter. A yard or two would still be "comparable" and for some folks more spin is good.

Yeah, that's what I thought but it could be read either way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thanks

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Yeah, that's what I thought but it could be read either way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thanks

Your right, this can be read either way.

When I looked at the paragraph content for context, there were indicators that they meant one way, then indicators they meant the other...

The system the used probably made sense to the guy that formatted it, but it is absurdly vague, and can be interpreted in completely opposite meaning.

Does anyone have any type of knowledge of the pattern of how Costco releases these? It's been released multiple times and I missed the last one. Day? Time?

My guess is when the boat lands in California (based on factory in Korea) with a container full of balls. Each of my three orders have shipped from California even though I'm in Maryland and read that many orders have shipped from Maryland. Go figure.

Does anyone have any type of knowledge of the pattern of how Costco releases these? It's been released multiple times and I missed the last one. Day? Time?

My guess is when the boat lands in California (based on factory in Korea) with a container full of balls. Each of my three orders have shipped from California even though I'm in Maryland and read that many orders have shipped from Maryland. Go figure.

I'm between the port of Oakland and the rest of the world.

Every ksig that has gone to you F%*#ers has pass within 10 miles of me.

Thanks for helping me figure that out and ruining my weekend. ;)

The Ebay market is definitely slowing down on these.

One auction for a dozen at 29.99 no taker ending in 14min

One for 25.00 no takers ending in a few hours.

Both have reasonable (not cheap) shipping.

I would still never buy these from ebay above cost, its simply against my principles. but with a couple more shipments from Costco sanity will probably return. Some Ebayers may even get caught with unsold hoards.

The Ebay market is definitely slowing down on these.

One auction for a dozen at 29.99 no taker ending in 14min

One for 25.00 no takers ending in a few hours.

Both have reasonable (not cheap) shipping.

I would still never buy these from ebay above cost, its simply against my principles. but with a couple more shipments from Costco sanity will probably return. Some Ebayers may even get caught with unsold hoards.

Yeah it's a buyers market at the moment. People are assuming they'll once again be back in stores relatively soon. Reasonably safe assumption I'd say.

Sadly, after some pretty good points, you (mostly) invalidate your POV with this one. :dntknw:

Nah, I used the qualifier for me throughout. It probably is a great ball for most folks, but for my swing off the tee it spins out of control. I tried to make it work since I plunked down the money for a few dozen, but it was awful for me. BTW, the 2015 ProV1x is really good with my swing. Can't explain it but they play very different off the tee for me.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

LOL. This is the biggest thread about the Pro V1 ever. The continuous comparisons to the Pro V1 (even though the Ksig is a rebranded Tour Preferred) just confirms that its an excellent ball. Execs at Titleist should be trilled about the free publicity.

Better read again! What I have seen the most is:

Pro-V is way overpriced

This K-Sigs are AS GOOD for third of a price

These balls are selling for MORE than Pro-V1's

These balls are selling out without the need of a 50 Million dollar add and sponsorship program

The execs should be worried about that,,,

They're selling out and selling for more than ProV1's on eBay because: 1. A handful of people bought them up, and 2. Costco sold a limited amount of them, so the supply hasn't caught up with the demand...which has been driven upward by social media.

Titleist has nothing to worry about. People thinking that Titleist is going to get run out of business has me rolling. The vast majority of golfers that I run into are brand conscious. They have to have a particular brand hat, shoes, balls, clubs, etc. ex. Two of my buddies rain Titleist balls into the woods and water hazards on a regular basis. They shoot 100+, but insist on using Titleist balls.

These Kirkland balls might be the best thing since sliced bread, but they willl never have a noticeable impact on the Titleist parent company's bottom line.

It's golf season and the demand has dwindled. Most of the Ksigs bought on the last run appear to be on EBay and they are barely moving. What happens when the hype dies down?

Once supply and demand balance out...going into Costco to get a box of these would be no more special than grabbing a box of whatever Callaway balls they happen to have in stock. Who's to say how long it will take to get there though.

People tend to buy what they see pros using. Costco is not going to pay a pro golfer 6+ figures to play a $15/box of balls. If they compensated a PGA player to use these balls...they'd likely have to jack up the price to offset the advertising and endorsement cost.

As I posted earlier...MANY golfers are brand conscious and are just not going to play a ball that doesn't have a premium brand on it, regardless of how good it is. That plays out across all golf gear. ex. Bags. Some people would insist on spending $150+ on a Ping, Titleist, etc. bag, vs. a $90 bag with a lesser brand on it (ex. Mine is labeled Maxfli)...even if that product performed the same as the more expensive one.

LOL. This is the biggest thread about the Pro V1 ever. The continuous comparisons to the Pro V1 (even though the Ksig is a rebranded Tour Preferred) just confirms that its an excellent ball. Execs at Titleist should be trilled about the free publicity.

Better read again! What I have seen the most is:

Pro-V is way overpriced

This K-Sigs are AS GOOD for third of a price

These balls are selling for MORE than Pro-V1's

These balls are selling out without the need of a 50 Million dollar add and sponsorship program

The execs should be worried about that,,,

They're selling out and selling for more than ProV1's on eBay because: 1. A handful of people bought them up, and 2. Costco sold a limited amount of them, so the supply hasn't caught up with the demand...which has been driven upward by social media.

Titleist has nothing to worry about. People thinking that Titleist is going to get run out of business has me rolling. The vast majority of golfers that I run into are brand conscious. They have to have a particular brand hat, shoes, balls, clubs, etc. ex. Two of my buddies rain Titleist balls into the woods and water hazards on a regular basis. They shoot 100+, but insist on using Titleist balls.

These Kirkland balls might be the best thing since sliced bread, but they willl never have a noticeable impact on the Titleist parent company's bottom line.

It's golf season and the demand has dwindled. Most of the Ksigs bought on the last run appear to be on EBay and they are barely moving. What happens when the hype dies down?

Once supply and demand balance out...going into Costco to get a box of these would be no more special than grabbing a box of whatever Callaway balls they happen to have in stock. Who's to say how long it will take to get there though.

People tend to buy what they see pros using. Costco is not going to pay a pro golfer 6+ figures to play a $15/box of balls. If they compensated a PGA player to use these balls...they'd likely have to jack up the price to offset the advertising and endorsement cost.

As I posted earlier...MANY golfers are brand conscious and are just not going to play a ball that doesn't have a premium brand on it, regardless of how good it is. That plays out across all golf gear. ex. Bags. Some people would insist on spending $150+ on a Ping, Titleist, etc. bag, vs. a $90 bag with a lesser brand on it (ex. Mine is labeled Maxfli)...even if that product performed the same as the more expensive one.

I agree with your logic when applying it to avid golfers (plays at least twice a month). However if every Costco had these on the shelf, the number they might sell to the guy who plays 6 -10 times a year (which in my opinion makes up around 50% of the golfers in my area) is hard to quantify. I can tell you these golfers are rarely playing an expensive ball anyway. Costco would have a large impact on not only in the premium ball market, but also the guys who would never spend more the $15-$20 for a dozen balls at retail pricing anyway.

On a side note about performance, I have played plenty with the Ksigs (at least 12 rounds) and for me it does not spin more than a prov1 around the green. Not that it's lacking, but the ProV1 and Chromesoft I can spin off a green with a full sandwedge. Have not been able to do that with the Ksig. I would say spin would be comparable to a ProV1x 2015

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

All I know is that the past two rounds of golf I played the KSig on the front 9 (a tad bit easier 9) and the Taylormade Tour Preferred (2016) on the back nine. I shot 77 and 76 respectively (par 71). I was 4 over and 3 over on the front 9s of both rounds. I was 2 over (1 birdie on the first back 9 and 2 birdies on the second back 9 rounds). Spin on shots within 60 yards was a bit more predictable with the Taylormade ball maybe because I have been playing this ball since 2014. It appears that the Taylormade ball is going to go back in the bag. I have a dozen 2016 Taylormade Tour Preferred to go through before I try the new TP5 ball. It appears that I might be ready to part with a dozen or two of the KSigs and give the rest to my wife to play. Then again maybe another round or two to test. Decisions, decisions, decisions ....

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

All I know is that the past two rounds of golf I played the KSig on the front 9 (a tad bit easier 9) and the Taylormade Tour Preferred (2016) on the back nine. I shot 77 and 76 respectively (par 71). I was 4 over and 3 over on the front 9s of both rounds. I was 2 over (1 birdie on the first back 9 and 2 birdies on the second back 9 rounds). Spin on shots within 60 yards was a bit more predictable with the Taylormade ball maybe because I have been playing this ball since 2014. It appears that the Taylormade ball is going to go back in the bag. I have a dozen 2016 Taylormade Tour Preferred to go through before I try the new TP5 ball. It appears that I might be ready to part with a dozen or two of the KSigs and give the rest to my wife to play. Then again maybe another round or two to test. Decisions, decisions, decisions ....

You should have switched the pattern from round 1 to round 2. (Kisg front 9 - TP back / Tp front - Ksig back)

Not saying the TP isnt a better ball for you just as for myself recently the back nine has been better for me regardless of difficulty or which ball. It's been more of me getting off to a slow start.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Ok, so I generally considered this K-Sig ball a bit too much hype. And I'll also admit that I'm a golf snob. And frankly, I'm perfectly willing and able to pay $40-50 for a dozen golf balls if they are right for me. With all that said, I did pounce on some K-Sigs when they were released a few weeks ago. Only got 2 dozen, because I was only going to "try" them and had no intention of really putting them in play.

I finally got around to playing the K-Sig today. As best I could, I did a side-by-side test of the K-Sig vs 2015 Pro V1. And what I found astounded me. I scored 38 with the ksig, 45 with the pv1. They were similar in length off the driver...I didn't notice any real difference. They were similar in length off the irons...but for whatever reason I seemed to just get better results off the irons with the ksig. I attribute most of that to swing variability (i.e. I just luckily made better swings with the ksig). But spin is where the ksig outperformed the v1 for me. I hit a 5 iron into this green and the ball took about a 1 foot hop and stopped dead. And my wedges were zipping back nicely. And the chips and short pitches checked up really well. The V1 performed ok for me in these categories, but not as good as the ksig. It wasn't really even close. And for whatever reason, I putted way better with the ksig.

I don't know if I went out and did the same test whether I could replicate these results. Maybe I will someday. But I saw enough in 9 holes to at least conclude that the ksig truly is every bit as good as the 2015 v1. Honestly, it was better (for me). The performance and feel of this ball was frankly intoxicating. I just couldn't believe it. I'm sold. When are they releasing more?

Ok, so I generally considered this K-Sig ball a bit too much hype. And I'll also admit that I'm a golf snob. And frankly, I'm perfectly willing and able to pay $40-50 for a dozen golf balls if they are right for me. With all that said, I did pounce on some K-Sigs when they were released a few weeks ago. Only got 2 dozen, because I was only going to "try" them and had no intention of really putting them in play.

I finally got around to playing the K-Sig today. As best I could, I did a side-by-side test of the K-Sig vs 2015 Pro V1. And what I found astounded me. I scored 38 with the ksig, 45 with the pv1. They were similar in length off the driver...I didn't notice any real difference. They were similar in length off the irons...but for whatever reason I seemed to just get better results off the irons with the ksig. I attribute most of that to swing variability (i.e. I just luckily made better swings with the ksig). But spin is where the ksig outperformed the v1 for me. I hit a 5 iron into this green and the ball took about a 1 foot hop and stopped dead. And my wedges were zipping back nicely. And the chips and short pitches checked up really well. The V1 performed ok for me in these categories, but not as good as the ksig. It wasn't really even close. And for whatever reason, I putted way better with the ksig.

I don't know if I went out and did the same test whether I could replicate these results. Maybe I will someday. But I saw enough in 9 holes to at least conclude that the ksig truly is every bit as good as the 2015 v1. Honestly, it was better (for me). The performance and feel of this ball was frankly intoxicating. I just couldn't believe it. I'm sold. When are they releasing more?

And another KSig addict is born...

No idea on when they will be back in stock.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I have plenty but would like to have a couple dozen of some B330S.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

You should have switched the pattern from round 1 to round 2. (Kisg front 9 - TP back / Tp front - Ksig back)

Not saying the TP isnt a better ball for you just as for myself recently the back nine has been better for me regardless of difficulty or which ball. It's been more of me getting off to a slow start.

Good idea. I guess it's two more rounds with the KSig to compare with the TP ball. :D

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

I agree with your logic when applying it to avid golfers (plays at least twice a month). However if every Costco had these on the shelf, the number they might sell to the guy who plays 6 -10 times a year (which in my opinion makes up around 50% of the golfers in my area) is hard to quantify. I can tell you these golfers are rarely playing an expensive ball anyway. Costco would have a large impact on not only in the premium ball market, but also the guys who would never spend more the $15-$20 for a dozen balls at retail pricing anyway.

How much of an impact on any golf equipment items sales do the 6-10 round a year guys make?

How much of an impact on any golf equipment items sales do the 6-10 round a year guys make?

You buy TWO DOZEN to "try" ? I buy a sleeve of balls to try. Different strokes and all I guess.

OK, so you shot your 'cap (roughly) with the combo but had 38 on the Ksig 9.

And you're "sold" ?

Please be sure to check back in after you've played a few FULL rounds with the Ksig.

I expect your handicap to be down around 7 in no time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, good great for you !!!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Titleist must be feeling the pressure from Ksig. I can tell by the daily commercial run including junior, ladies and tour pros.

Do you remember when it was a sin to ask about a pro v1x? Only to hear the salesman say " you can't play these balls unless you have a 105 mph swing, get the solos or DXT.."

funny now, first tee kids are in the commercial for V or X...

Ksig is lurking on that market share

Mizuno MP 37 3i-pw
Mizuno MP 64 3i -pw
Ping G25
Scotty Newport
Cleveland wedges
Prov1x

Titleist's advertising has never associated clubhead speed with what ball you choose. Or at least not in the last 20 years. You must be confusing them with Bridgestone. In fact, in recent years Titleist has even had marketing material online saying explicitly that ProV1 works great for golfers with any clubhead speed, a direct response to Bridgestone (and others) claiming the opposite.

Titleist must be feeling the pressure from Ksig. I can tell by the daily commercial run including junior, ladies and tour pros.

Do you remember when it was a sin to ask about a pro v1x? Only to hear the salesman say " you can't play these balls unless you have a 105 mph swing, get the solos or DXT.."

funny now, first tee kids are in the commercial for V or X...

Ksig is lurking on that market share

It's more overt than that. Titleist commercials on TGC talk about company operations like owning their own factories and using their own employees. (As if in-house R&D is somehow more special than contract R&D). Costco is moving Titleist's needle, and Titleist is trying to throw on the brakes...

Titleist has been showing those scenes of white-coated employees carefully inspecting trays of golf balls for at least 10 years now. They have been touting the "our Massachusetts factory" angle (notwithstanding the fact they make a *lot* of balls in Thailand) for far, far longer than Costco has been selling K-Sig golf balls.