2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

In line behind a guy at golf course today. There was a promotion where everyone got a free sleeve of the new Titleist ProV1x. Guy says in a sarcastic tone, "thanks, but these are no Kirklands". Pro-shop staffer says, "I've tried the Kirkland, there alright, not worth the hype." LOL. The hype is exactly what they're worth!

Druid's Glen by chance?

Mizuno STZ Driver

Titleist TS3 3W

Titleist TS3 5W

Titleist TS2 21H

Mizuno JPX919HMP 5i-9i,PW

Vokey SM9 50.12F

Vokey SM8 56.12D (Bent to 54)

Vokey SM8 58.12D

Odyssey DFX #7

Played my third round with them today, I found a Taylormade TP5 so in order to make more fun, I decided to change my K-Sig along with a Pro-V1, couple of holes I hit a shot from same distance an lie with each ball, results?

NONE, I suck with ANY ball !!!!!!

I have 9 dozen K-Sigs at home, I'll keep using them,,,,,,,,,

I finally got to play a more casual round where I could put the Ksig to the test. It was cold and windy and no warm up before the round, which may affect what I think but the feel was the same throughout the whole round.

First of all, the ball really held up well against the wind. It felt like it moved a lot less than the ProV1 I regularly play, especially in side wind.

I don't know if it was because of the chilly temps or not but to me the ball felt really heavy and sort of solid when I struck it both with irons and woods. The flight of the tee was very nice but it just felt like the ball weighed more than the V1s (obviosly it doesn't differ that much but feel wise). I also couldn't get the same amount of spin on the ball with my irons as I normally would. Played the same ball throughout the round and had a good score overall.

Has anybody had the same experience or could this be because I didn't hit the ball perfectly and the weather?

I finally got to play a more casual round where I could put the Ksig to the test. It was cold and windy and no warm up before the round, which may affect what I think but the feel was the same throughout the whole round.

First of all, the ball really held up well against the wind. It felt like it moved a lot less than the ProV1 I regularly play, especially in side wind.

Has anybody had the same experience or could this be because I didn't hit the ball perfectly and the weather?

how did you quantify this? maybe its because I rarely break 80, but I don't see how amateurs can figure this stuff out

I am not finding them to be as long as Prov1x for me but pretty solid overall. Not quite as spinny greenside as well

they will cut if you thin a bunker shot

They do appear to be very VERY similar to the SNELL. I can tell you I don't feel as bad when I lose a brand new one on the first swing with it !

Cally AIS TD Max 11.5* Ventus Black TR 5x

Callaway AI Smoke TD 17* Ventus Black 5x 

Callaway ‘16 GBB 19* Ventus Blue 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Cally Apex 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x

Ping i210 6-7 & s55 8-PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59* SF 125s

LAB Mezz Max

how did you quantify this? maybe its because I rarely break 80, but I don't see how amateurs can figure this stuff out

Maybe similar methodology to how you quantified that the Prov1 "flies better"?

Haha!

There's no way to quantify, all is based on feel and visual of ball flight. I hit it better than usual off the tee, which obviously helps to reduce sidespin (yeah yeah, spin axis....) but even when I accidentally hit a small cut with wind from the left it still didn't move as much as I expected. I will keep testing the ball, next up another two rounds this weekend, with the weather expected to be mid 70s with a lot less wind.

Haha!

There's no way to quantify, all is based on feel and visual of ball flight. I hit it better than usual off the tee, which obviously helps to reduce sidespin (yeah yeah, spin axis....) but even when I accidentally hit a small cut with wind from the left it still didn't move as much as I expected. I will keep testing the ball, next up another two rounds this weekend, with the weather expected to be mid 70s with a lot less wind.

And actually, if a guy knows his swing/distance flight I completely understand that people can tell by looking at flight. I was kidding a bit there

I'm sure many here see this same thing, but when I hit a drive, I can tell in the first couple seconds if I hit a nice trajectory or a spinner. It seams very obvious. Playing the same course all the time, I have a fairly good idea of where the ball is going to end up just based on those first few seconds of flight. What I can't do reliably is hit back to back shots with different balls consistently enough to know if it was me or the ball characteristic that effected the flight.

Only as a general trend, can I say that the Kirkland seems to me, equivalent, at worst, to my other favorites..off driver and irons...but I like the Z stars around the greens better for the same reason I like the standard Prov1 better than the v1x in that regard. Softer, more bite.

I have bladed a few, but never seen a Balata type smile. That's interesting.

i strickly played V1 for years and SS started getting faster so started playing the V1x a few years ago and liked the distance i got. always able to get enough green side spin when needed with a V1x (felt like i couldn't bump and run a V1 like i can the V1x). i feel the ksig is right between the two. plenty distance off the tee but also has enough green side spin. i've since been playing Z Star XV's and have really liked them, especially in the windy conditions i play down here by the gulf. for the price of ksigs - they can't be matched.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

:cheesy:

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Who said flies better?

Who said flies better?

Lol, Cloverhead, several comments prior

Who said flies better?

Lol, Cloverhead, several comments prior

Its all subjective.....my nephew plays top flight and they feel like rocks when i hit them...he loves em...... kirklands just don't do it for me....prov's are much better in my opinion but waaaaay too expensive.....

Who said flies better?

You did under a different account that is now merged tsecor. Multiple accounts is creepy behavior on a golf ball forum.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1378818-kirkland-signature-costco-golf-balls-merged-no-bst-posts/page__view__findpost__p__15578802

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Who said flies better?

You did under a different account that is now merged tsecor. Multiple accounts is creepy behavior on a golf ball forum.

http://www.golfwrx.c...st__p__15578802

Who said flies better?

ummmmm no its not.....my other account wasn't active for a while......created new account and they merged them for me because they still had it in their database. thinking like you do is very creepy.......that's sad

lets keep the discussions on topic rather than attacking people. how about that?

Who said flies better?

ummmmm no its not.....my other account wasn't active for a while......created new account and they merged them for me because they still had it in their database. thinking like you do is very creepy.......that's sad

lets keep the discussions on topic rather than attacking people. how about that?

G.D.! This thread has everything!

Fourth round with K-Sigs observation,,,

1) durability- have not "cut" one, durability is same as other urathane cover balls, did shave a spot on one when I caught one flush with my Callaway Mack Daddy non conforming lob wedge.

2) spin- see above, hopped stopped and is just zipped back something fierce, ball mark was about 3 feet past hole on the left, after it backed up it stopped about 15 feet from hole, slight slope on green, looked pretty but a 3 foot put ended up being a 15 footer i missed for par. Have to admit, it gave the old ego boot to spin one back!

3) distance- as long as Pro-V 1, Bridgestone E-5, Taylormade TP and Titlest NXT Tour, as a 15 handicap, my swing is not consistent enough to differentiate.

I like it, still have 4 dozen left after wife and I gave some away to relatives.

I just played a 45 hole match play tournament with the K-Sig. Previously I had only played a few holes here and there with the ball. Performance wise I give it an A did everything you'd expect a ball in that class to do. The only downside for me was the cover shave. The course I played was driver/3 wood to 9-pw all day and I used 2 balls every 9 hole match due to the cover shaving after a good short iron strike. I would normally power right through a little cover shave but since the balls are cheap I decided to change them out for a fresh one every few holes. I don't think and I'm not good enough to notice a little shaved cover affect my game anyway. Hell, in the balata days I still played balls with a slight smile on them until they got worse. Love the ball.

My partner had a bag full of Snell MTB's and that's a great ball also. I traded a couple sleeves of K-sigs for MTB with him!