Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

> @Rory4Pres said:

> > @tangojay said:

> >

> > Since I have 18 dozen original 4 piece AND have not been able to play due to a bad back sprain, this is what I am going to do next outing.

> >

> > Tee up a new K-Sig EVERY hole.

>

> Boss.

>

> I bet you beat the course record.

92 !!!!!!!!!!!!! lost 4, so am down to 17 3/4 dozen ( I could have looked a little but, heck, why?!?!?! they are so cheap!!!! )

> @tangojay said:

> > @Rory4Pres said:

> > > @tangojay said:

> > >

> > > Since I have 18 dozen original 4 piece AND have not been able to play due to a bad back sprain, this is what I am going to do next outing.

> > >

> > > Tee up a new K-Sig EVERY hole.

> >

> > Boss.

> >

> > I bet you beat the course record.

>

> 92 !!!!!!!!!!!!! lost 4, so am down to 17 3/4 dozen ( I could have looked a little but, heck, why?!?!?! they are so cheap!!!! )

nice! I honestly only look for them merely for my score. It's nice knowing you're not out $4 every time you slice/hook one into the woods or tall grass.

> @Rory4Pres said:

> > @tangojay said:

> > > @Rory4Pres said:

> > > > @tangojay said:

> > > >

> > > > Since I have 18 dozen original 4 piece AND have not been able to play due to a bad back sprain, this is what I am going to do next outing.

> > > >

> > > > Tee up a new K-Sig EVERY hole.

> > >

> > > Boss.

> > >

> > > I bet you beat the course record.

> >

> > 92 !!!!!!!!!!!!! lost 4, so am down to 17 3/4 dozen ( I could have looked a little but, heck, why?!?!?! they are so cheap!!!! )

>

> nice! I honestly only look for them merely for my score. It's nice knowing you're not out $4 every time you slice/hook one into the woods or tall grass.

You know, never thought of that, before my back went out, I would tee up a Ksig without worrying if it was going in the drink ( on a couple of par 3's with water) ,,,, prior to KSig's, that WAS a thought "Dont put it in the water,,, Don't put it in the water!!",,, *swing! dunk!*

> @"Hack Daddy" said:

> itjaidmfv9my.jpg

>

That is well done, Hack Daddy. No text. Just the photo. Like a movie twist hahahahahahaha.

It looks like Costco is definitely getting into golf and just in time for Christmas. They have to release a new run of balls as well don't they?

> @tangojay said:

> > @Rory4Pres said:

> > > @tangojay said:

> > > > @Rory4Pres said:

> > > > > @tangojay said:

> > > > >

> > > > > Since I have 18 dozen original 4 piece AND have not been able to play due to a bad back sprain, this is what I am going to do next outing.

> > > > >

> > > > > Tee up a new K-Sig EVERY hole.

> > > >

> > > > Boss.

> > > >

> > > > I bet you beat the course record.

> > >

> > > 92 !!!!!!!!!!!!! lost 4, so am down to 17 3/4 dozen ( I could have looked a little but, heck, why?!?!?! they are so cheap!!!! )

> >

> > nice! I honestly only look for them merely for my score. It's nice knowing you're not out $4 every time you slice/hook one into the woods or tall grass.

>

> You know, never thought of that, before my back went out, I would tee up a Ksig without worrying if it was going in the drink ( on a couple of par 3's with water) ,,,, prior to KSig's, that WAS a thought "Dont put it in the water,,, Don't put it in the water!!",,, *swing! dunk!*

The problem ended up being their lack of availability rather than the cost. I started worrying about losing a KSig because I couldn't buy more of them, not because I spent $5 on the ball.

> @soregongolfer said:

> > @"Hack Daddy" said:

> > itjaidmfv9my.jpg

> >

>

> That is well done, Hack Daddy. No text. Just the photo. Like a movie twist hahahahahahaha.

>

> It looks like Costco is definitely getting into golf and just in time for Christmas. They have to release a new run of balls as well don't they?

I went ahead and bought the whole pallet of putters at my local costco. You can find them on the BST forum from me daily asking for $299/firm or a trade for scotty cameron buttonbacks, tyson Lamb putters, or low mileage Ferraris.

Thanks for the cooking tip, our local costco had these so I snagged a pack and made them last night. They were amazing!!!!!! I've never had them before. It's great this thread is more than just about a golf ball!

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @RSinSG said:

> > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > @RSinSG said:

> > > > Hopefully the prediction about the steaks was premature. They are a different kind of good. aawi5g8jamq6.jpeg

> > > >

> > >

> > > That's just naughty.

> >

> > Sous Vide then Searzall tomorrow night.

>

> My approach is slightly different although RS's is on point.

>

> I put them in the SV for about 90 minutes at 128 with rosemary and garlic sealed in the bag. Using just the chimney, I get the grill up to approximately 750, put a bit of mayo on them (don't laugh, it's oil based, cooks off immediately and you never taste the mayo) and leave them for approximately 60-75 seconds a side. It does a nice bit of char and is just wonderful.

> @wbond said:

> Thanks for the cooking tip, our local costco had these so I snagged a pack and made them last night. They were amazing!!!!!! I've never had them before. It's great this thread is more than just about a golf ball!

> > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > @RSinSG said:

> > > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > > @RSinSG said:

> > > > > Hopefully the prediction about the steaks was premature. They are a different kind of good. aawi5g8jamq6.jpeg

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > That's just naughty.

> > >

> > > Sous Vide then Searzall tomorrow night.

> >

> > My approach is slightly different although RS's is on point.

> >

> > I put them in the SV for about 90 minutes at 128 with rosemary and garlic sealed in the bag. Using just the chimney, I get the grill up to approximately 750, put a bit of mayo on them (don't laugh, it's oil based, cooks off immediately and you never taste the mayo) and leave them for approximately 60-75 seconds a side. It does a nice bit of char and is just wonderful.

>

>

Have you had a ribeye steak before with the lip on? They're just the lib/cap removed and conglomerated into a steak via twine. Brilliant. Costco sells their ribeyes sans lip/cap, so I would imagine they will always have these at times? @DevePelz4

Side Note: I once ordered a 30 oz bone in ribeye at LG's in Palm Springs. It almost killed me.

> @OrangeGravy said:

> > @wbond said:

> > Thanks for the cooking tip, our local costco had these so I snagged a pack and made them last night. They were amazing!!!!!! I've never had them before. It's great this thread is more than just about a golf ball!

> > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > @RSinSG said:

> > > > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > > > @RSinSG said:

> > > > > > Hopefully the prediction about the steaks was premature. They are a different kind of good. aawi5g8jamq6.jpeg

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > That's just naughty.

> > > >

> > > > Sous Vide then Searzall tomorrow night.

> > >

> > > My approach is slightly different although RS's is on point.

> > >

> > > I put them in the SV for about 90 minutes at 128 with rosemary and garlic sealed in the bag. Using just the chimney, I get the grill up to approximately 750, put a bit of mayo on them (don't laugh, it's oil based, cooks off immediately and you never taste the mayo) and leave them for approximately 60-75 seconds a side. It does a nice bit of char and is just wonderful.

> >

> >

>

> Have you had a ribeye steak before with the lip on? They're just the lib/cap removed and conglomerated into a steak via twine. Brilliant. Costco sells their ribeyes sans lip/cap, so I would imagine they will always have these at times? @DevePelz4

>

> Side Note: I once ordered a 30 oz bone in ribeye at LG's in Palm Springs. It almost killed me.

Hey OG...haven't heard of that but will definitely take a look.

A few years back we played 54 holes in Palm Springs one day, went to LG's for a huge hunk of beef and had a bottle of Caymus. Talk about a beef and wine coma. Slept like a baby that night!

> @Girevik said:

> I thought the complete recall / automatic refunds was unnecessary and well above and beyond what what required. I would have been just fine with the return policy for whoever wanted to take advantage. Them doing that was another huge plus in my mind, not a negative. We still don't know just how widespread the issue was; it seems that from what folks reported here far more got balls that were just fine.

>

> It's definitely a bad look that it happened on the first batch, but I'm guessing it's a one-off. Many, many companies of all stripes have had recalls without it becoming an everyday occurrence. Time will tell, but the track record makes me think it's not something they will get a handle on.

Agreed! Costco stands behind their products and then some. Warranty's on electronics, computers, TV's for example, are extended and an extra year or more with support. You can actually return a computer within 90 days, there is no other retailer that offers this. Additionally, while reading through this thread, food was brought up. Costco sells more ORGANIC food, meats, produce than any other retailer! And no, Costco is not the cheapest place to buy, but their obsession with customer satisfaction and ease of returns is second to none.

Back to the new 4pc Kirkland ball. I purchased these the first day they were offered, Friday September 13th, got 2 dozen. Then started to read some of the early reviews and they were not good. Got the refund and left the Kirklands in the closet. Yesterday, I finally decided to take them for a spin. Played the front 9 with the Kirklands and back nine with Srixons. I played the same Kirkland for nine holes and did not experience any adverse issues whatsoever. I found the 4pc Kirkland to be a very very firm ball, distance and spin about average (compared to Srixon XV). They do launch slightly lower then the Srixon and stopping power was about as expected. I was surprised to find mishits not losing much distance if any. I loved putting with the Kirkland and enjoyed to firm feedback off the putter!

I'll probably try them out again but if you were to ask me if I wanted to change over to Kirkland today, I would probably say no at this point...

> @theunartist said:

> > @Girevik said:

> > I thought the complete recall / automatic refunds was unnecessary and well above and beyond what what required. I would have been just fine with the return policy for whoever wanted to take advantage. Them doing that was another huge plus in my mind, not a negative. We still don't know just how widespread the issue was; it seems that from what folks reported here far more got balls that were just fine.

> >

> > It's definitely a bad look that it happened on the first batch, but I'm guessing it's a one-off. Many, many companies of all stripes have had recalls without it becoming an everyday occurrence. Time will tell, but the track record makes me think it's not something they will get a handle on.

>

> Agreed! Costco stands behind their products and then some. Warranty's on electronics, computers, TV's for example, are extended and an extra year or more with support. You can actually return a computer within 90 days, there is no other retailer that offers this. Additionally, while reading through this thread, food was brought up. Costco sells more ORGANIC food, meats, produce than any other retailer! And no, Costco is not the cheapest place to buy, but their obsession with customer satisfaction and ease of returns is second to none.

>

> Back to the new 4pc Kirkland ball. I purchased these the first day they were offered, Friday September 13th, got 2 dozen. Then started to read some of the early reviews and they were not good. Got the refund and left the Kirklands in the closet. Yesterday, I finally decided to take them for a spin. Played the front 9 with the Kirklands and back nine with Srixons. I played the same Kirkland for nine holes and did not experience any adverse issues whatsoever. I found the 4pc Kirkland to be a very very firm ball, distance and spin about average (compared to Srixon XV). They do launch slightly lower then the Srixon and stopping power was about as expected. I was surprised to find mishits not losing much distance if any. I loved putting with the Kirkland and enjoyed to firm feedback off the putter!

>

> I'll probably try them out again but if you were to ask me if I wanted to change over to Kirkland today, I would probably say no at this point...

If they are comparable to the XV's, why would you not switch? If they're comparable to the XV's, I'm going to be in love as the XV's are my ball of choice.

> @soregongolfer said:

> > @theunartist said:

> > > @Girevik said:

> > > I thought the complete recall / automatic refunds was unnecessary and well above and beyond what what required. I would have been just fine with the return policy for whoever wanted to take advantage. Them doing that was another huge plus in my mind, not a negative. We still don't know just how widespread the issue was; it seems that from what folks reported here far more got balls that were just fine.

> > >

> > > It's definitely a bad look that it happened on the first batch, but I'm guessing it's a one-off. Many, many companies of all stripes have had recalls without it becoming an everyday occurrence. Time will tell, but the track record makes me think it's not something they will get a handle on.

> >

> > Agreed! Costco stands behind their products and then some. Warranty's on electronics, computers, TV's for example, are extended and an extra year or more with support. You can actually return a computer within 90 days, there is no other retailer that offers this. Additionally, while reading through this thread, food was brought up. Costco sells more ORGANIC food, meats, produce than any other retailer! And no, Costco is not the cheapest place to buy, but their obsession with customer satisfaction and ease of returns is second to none.

> >

> > Back to the new 4pc Kirkland ball. I purchased these the first day they were offered, Friday September 13th, got 2 dozen. Then started to read some of the early reviews and they were not good. Got the refund and left the Kirklands in the closet. Yesterday, I finally decided to take them for a spin. Played the front 9 with the Kirklands and back nine with Srixons. I played the same Kirkland for nine holes and did not experience any adverse issues whatsoever. I found the 4pc Kirkland to be a very very firm ball, distance and spin about average (compared to Srixon XV). They do launch slightly lower then the Srixon and stopping power was about as expected. I was surprised to find mishits not losing much distance if any. I loved putting with the Kirkland and enjoyed to firm feedback off the putter!

> >

> > I'll probably try them out again but if you were to ask me if I wanted to change over to Kirkland today, I would probably say no at this point...

>

> If they are comparable to the XV's, why would you not switch? If they're comparable to the XV's, I'm going to be in love as the XV's are my ball of choice.

I’d have nothing but Kirkland’s I’d not for the fact that they’re (4pc) very hard to get and in the case of the newer ones, some had bonding issues. For that reason I haven’t completely switched. Although I do have 12dz of the og ksigs in hand, i rarely use them. I save them for courses I’m not likely to lose them on.

I do love the 4pc (new and old) though. And hope they figure out the issues.

> @soregongolfer said:

> > @theunartist said:

> > > @Girevik said:

> > > I thought the complete recall / automatic refunds was unnecessary and well above and beyond what what required. I would have been just fine with the return policy for whoever wanted to take advantage. Them doing that was another huge plus in my mind, not a negative. We still don't know just how widespread the issue was; it seems that from what folks reported here far more got balls that were just fine.

> > >

> > > It's definitely a bad look that it happened on the first batch, but I'm guessing it's a one-off. Many, many companies of all stripes have had recalls without it becoming an everyday occurrence. Time will tell, but the track record makes me think it's not something they will get a handle on.

> >

> > Agreed! Costco stands behind their products and then some. Warranty's on electronics, computers, TV's for example, are extended and an extra year or more with support. You can actually return a computer within 90 days, there is no other retailer that offers this. Additionally, while reading through this thread, food was brought up. Costco sells more ORGANIC food, meats, produce than any other retailer! And no, Costco is not the cheapest place to buy, but their obsession with customer satisfaction and ease of returns is second to none.

> >

> > Back to the new 4pc Kirkland ball. I purchased these the first day they were offered, Friday September 13th, got 2 dozen. Then started to read some of the early reviews and they were not good. Got the refund and left the Kirklands in the closet. Yesterday, I finally decided to take them for a spin. Played the front 9 with the Kirklands and back nine with Srixons. I played the same Kirkland for nine holes and did not experience any adverse issues whatsoever. I found the 4pc Kirkland to be a very very firm ball, distance and spin about average (compared to Srixon XV). They do launch slightly lower then the Srixon and stopping power was about as expected. I was surprised to find mishits not losing much distance if any. I loved putting with the Kirkland and enjoyed to firm feedback off the putter!

> >

> > I'll probably try them out again but if you were to ask me if I wanted to change over to Kirkland today, I would probably say no at this point...

>

> If they are comparable to the XV's, why would you not switch? If they're comparable to the XV's, I'm going to be in love as the XV's are my ball of choice.

Distance, spin and performance were on par and a pleasant surprise. However, after 9 holes, the feel of the 4pc Kirkland off driver and irons was a mixed bag. They are not "firm" feeling like a Pro v1x no the Srixon XV. Even though distance and ball flight were nice, the Kirkland, to me, felt heavy. I could not tell in some cases whether I hit the ball solid or not even though end result was good. The only time it felt like a Pro v1x or Srixon was off the putter. It's that "heavy" ball feeling that I haven't gotten accustomed to, it's a weird feel, kept thinking maybe ball does have issues but results were still good. Will give it another go...

> @theunartist said:

> > @soregongolfer said:

> > > @theunartist said:

> > > > @Girevik said:

> > > > I thought the complete recall / automatic refunds was unnecessary and well above and beyond what what required. I would have been just fine with the return policy for whoever wanted to take advantage. Them doing that was another huge plus in my mind, not a negative. We still don't know just how widespread the issue was; it seems that from what folks reported here far more got balls that were just fine.

> > > >

> > > > It's definitely a bad look that it happened on the first batch, but I'm guessing it's a one-off. Many, many companies of all stripes have had recalls without it becoming an everyday occurrence. Time will tell, but the track record makes me think it's not something they will get a handle on.

> > >

> > > Agreed! Costco stands behind their products and then some. Warranty's on electronics, computers, TV's for example, are extended and an extra year or more with support. You can actually return a computer within 90 days, there is no other retailer that offers this. Additionally, while reading through this thread, food was brought up. Costco sells more ORGANIC food, meats, produce than any other retailer! And no, Costco is not the cheapest place to buy, but their obsession with customer satisfaction and ease of returns is second to none.

> > >

> > > Back to the new 4pc Kirkland ball. I purchased these the first day they were offered, Friday September 13th, got 2 dozen. Then started to read some of the early reviews and they were not good. Got the refund and left the Kirklands in the closet. Yesterday, I finally decided to take them for a spin. Played the front 9 with the Kirklands and back nine with Srixons. I played the same Kirkland for nine holes and did not experience any adverse issues whatsoever. I found the 4pc Kirkland to be a very very firm ball, distance and spin about average (compared to Srixon XV). They do launch slightly lower then the Srixon and stopping power was about as expected. I was surprised to find mishits not losing much distance if any. I loved putting with the Kirkland and enjoyed to firm feedback off the putter!

> > >

> > > I'll probably try them out again but if you were to ask me if I wanted to change over to Kirkland today, I would probably say no at this point...

> >

> > If they are comparable to the XV's, why would you not switch? If they're comparable to the XV's, I'm going to be in love as the XV's are my ball of choice.

>

> Distance, spin and performance were on par and a pleasant surprise. However, after 9 holes, the feel of the 4pc Kirkland off driver and irons was a mixed bag. They are not "firm" feeling like a Pro v1x no the Srixon XV. Even though distance and ball flight were nice, the Kirkland, to me, felt heavy. I could not tell in some cases whether I hit the ball solid or not even though end result was good. The only time it felt like a Pro v1x or Srixon was off the putter. It's that "heavy" ball feeling that I haven't gotten accustomed to, it's a weird feel, kept thinking maybe ball does have issues but results were still good. Will give it another go...

Its interesting that you say the Ksig felt heavy(I've never hit one) but that's how I find it feels every time I try a PV1. It really doesn't make sense but thats how I describe the feel.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

I’m probably late to the party but I went through my stash of ksig3 that had the shinier cover

My local Costco finally have these on the floor for sale so grabbed more. These have the matted cover

Might just be in my head, but this ball is slightly better not just in looks but I think it’s a tick better pitching and chipping than when it had the shiny cover. Seemed more predictable ... but it could be in my head

However these show scuff marks ways more than the previous shiny cover. The shiny cover seemed indestructible

PXG 0311XF Gen 5 7.5* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
Taylormade Spider Long Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

> @OrangeGravy said:

> Have you had a ribeye steak before with the lip on? They're just the lib/cap removed and conglomerated into a steak via twine. Brilliant. Costco sells their ribeyes sans lip/cap, so I would imagine they will always have these at times? @DevePelz4

>

> Side Note: I once ordered a 30 oz bone in ribeye at LG's in Palm Springs. It almost killed me.

I wish Costco would sell me the entire ribeye cap as one piece. I've gotten them in the past from other butchers and it really is the greatest steak you can by. they're usually 2-3 pounds and look like a slightly thicker flank steak. I would much prefer that to the rolled up sections costco puts out. I've knocked on the window and asked, but they wouldn't sell it to me that way.

> @swizz said:

> I was waiting for the winter time to play these new Ksigs from my normal Snell MTBx ball..... These are awful. I know not news here but i think i got the bad batch. I went through 7 balls in 18 holes due to the cover getting scuffed or cracked.. Disappointing but atleast they were free?

you got some from the bad batch. Too bad, the good batch(es?) are excellent balls. I think if you return them you also get some store credit in addition to them being free.

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

> @gioreeko said:

> > @swizz said:

> > I was waiting for the winter time to play these new Ksigs from my normal Snell MTBx ball..... These are awful. I know not news here but i think i got the bad batch. I went through 7 balls in 18 holes due to the cover getting scuffed or cracked.. Disappointing but atleast they were free?

>

> you got some from the bad batch. Too bad, the good batch(es?) are excellent balls. I think if you return them you also get some store credit in addition to them being free.

Are they still doing that? I had assumed that they only did that for people who had returned the balls before Costco began issuing refunds to everyone who had purchased the balls.

> @"Bill Broderick" said:

> > @gioreeko said:

> > > @swizz said:

> > > I was waiting for the winter time to play these new Ksigs from my normal Snell MTBx ball..... These are awful. I know not news here but i think i got the bad batch. I went through 7 balls in 18 holes due to the cover getting scuffed or cracked.. Disappointing but atleast they were free?

> >

> > you got some from the bad batch. Too bad, the good batch(es?) are excellent balls. I think if you return them you also get some store credit in addition to them being free.

>

> Are they still doing that? I had assumed that they only did that for people who had returned the balls before Costco began issuing refunds to everyone who had purchased the balls.

I'm not sure, worth checking I would think.

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus