Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

11 hours ago, Myherobobhope said:

I don’t love the v2 three piece ball but it’s great for the price... generates a ton of spin, so it can definitely eat some distance.

im still holding out hope for Thursday. We shall see!

I know a couple of older guys who like it specifically because of that excessive (to some people) amount of spin. They're decent players who've lost a lot of clubhead speed so they struggle to hold greens even with wedge shots. The K3 gives them some control. Their distance is really short no matter what ball they play so they might as well take all the spin they can get. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Stanks said:

V2s were refunded across the board. I know the die hard Kirkland guys keep referring to the return policy as amazing. Yeah, it is. It's well and good. But, going to Costco, my Costco, is a pain in the butt and a return would be the result of needing to do another Costco trip for other supplies. I'd never go there just to go and return. Regardless, still not a fan of any of them. 

We're talking the 3 piece V2. NOT refunded across the board. V2 3 piece is the best dollar ball ever made. Period.

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

8 hours ago, monks66 said:

so can we expect the new k4 this week?  Masters is here

K-Sig 4 piece balls have never been newly released during Masters week. OG 4 piece stock was replenished during The Masters in 2017 & 2018. The original K-Sig 4 piece was released in October 2016. 

The second 4 piece version of The K-Sig was released in September 2019.

forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1317418-kirkland-signature-costco-golf-balls-merged-no-bst-posts/page/532/?tab=comments#comment-22613380

Edited by grm24
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, jpdx said:

I’m guessing no, the jam at the ports delaying all sorts of goods that had release dates that were missed. And that’s assuming it was planned for this week. 

Very true. I don't think most people, without researching it, realize how much of a problem that ship stuck in the Suez Canal for a week actually was. that prevented over 300 ships from traveling through that canal.  The options for those ships was to wait it out(never knowing exactly when the ship would finally be freed) or turn around and take the much much much longer trip around the tip of Africa.  This will have a huge impact on prices, shipping times, and supply of many items for possibly months and that was just one ship in one canal.  Add on to that other shipping delays and issues we have experienced over the last year and it's amazing we are still functioning. 

Edited by HyzerFlipDG
  • Like 1

We've got to come up with a better way of identifying the different balls. I've been pimping using the the side stamps as (K+ for "Performance Plus" for example), but with the new 3 piece V2 having the same side stamp as the original (which I STILL don't understand and would love an explanation for) that's been mucked up.  The whole V1 - V2 thing is just getting confusing!

Sto Pro Veritate

1 hour ago, HyzerFlipDG said:

Very true. I don't think most people, without researching it, realize how much of a problem that ship stuck in the Suez Canal for a week actually was. that prevented over 300 ships from traveling through that canal.  The options for those ships was to wait it out(never knowing exactly when the ship would finally be freed) or turn around and take the much much much longer trip around the tip of Africa.  This will have a huge impact on prices, shipping times, and supply of many items for possibly months and that was just one ship in one canal.  Add on to that other shipping delays and issues we have experienced over the last year and it's amazing we are still functioning. 

I'll agree that the Suez Canal stuff backed up a ton of trade and slowed things down, but I'm not sure we can conclude it will have any impact on the release of the 4 piece ball. 

With no knowledge of their internal operations, let me make some random speculations:

1. With my date of April 8th and a 30-40 delivery time from China to USA via Cargo Ship, the balls would have been well past the canal on March 23rd... So it will only impact the release date if my arbitrary speculation based on the one time they released a golf ball is wrong. 

2. Costco stated it would be "early" 2021 and I'm sure they have the data on when golf equipment sells. I don't think they are trying to time the market, but an online release in April makes more sense than one in June, from a demand stand point (this assumes they want to peak demand upon release, which also might be wrong)... still, early 2021 is pretty much end of April.

3. The Master's does have an impact of making people think about golf... If Costco wants to make a big splash, tomorrow would be a good time to do it.

I don't think we can draw any actual conclusions, especially with Costco. That said, I'm logging into the Costco app when I first wake up and seeing what's on there... If they are available I'll order up to 5 dozen, depending on restrictions.

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

1 hour ago, Girevik said:

We've got to come up with a better way of identifying the different balls. I've been pimping using the the side stamps as (K+ for "Performance Plus" for example), but with the new 3 piece V2 having the same side stamp as the original (which I STILL don't understand and would love an explanation for) that's been mucked up.  The whole V1 - V2 thing is just getting confusing!

Ha, we can create our own SKU for them...

C - Costco

2/3/4 - Layers

U/S - Urethane or Surlyn, to future proof

1/2/3/4... - Version Number

So the current ball on the market would be a C3U2 and the new ball will be a C4U3

That's a little confusing and not super helpful... honestly, I think it might be best to just pick 2 random words to delineate the 3 layer from the 4 layer, and we can add more words...

3 piece = Performance. Current ball in the Performance V2

4 piece = Tour. Upcoming Ball is the Tour V3 if we count the (V1 is the OG, V2 is the nudist)

Edited by Myherobobhope
  • Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

1 hour ago, HyzerFlipDG said:

i was actually referring to the jam up at la and Long Beach ports. But that’s also a great point. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stanks said:

V2s were refunded across the board. I know the die hard Kirkland guys keep referring to the return policy as amazing. Yeah, it is. It's well and good. But, going to Costco, my Costco, is a pain in the butt and a return would be the result of needing to do another Costco trip for other supplies. I'd never go there just to go and return. Regardless, still not a fan of any of them. 

Yeah, that's the nice thing about living where I live. I used to be on a BBQ forum where guys would talk about it being 45-60 minutes to get to their nearest Costco...

...I've got about 5 different options in about a 10 mile radius.

• Like 1

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

3 hours ago, gioreeko said:

We're talking the 3 piece V2. NOT refunded across the board. V2 3 piece is the best dollar ball ever made. Period.

I know what we are talking about. And for the price, it’s a good ball. Leaves a lot to be desired for durability but I did like the feel and the performance seemed good. 
Unfortunately, as well documented before in this thread, I don’t care for the Costco balls because of that durability and will happily pay an extra few bucks to support an actual golf company. I’ll always try them out but they’ll never be my gamer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stanks said:

I know what we are talking about. And for the price, it’s a good ball. Leaves a lot to be desired for durability but I did like the feel and the performance seemed good. 
Unfortunately, as well documented before in this thread, I don’t care for the Costco balls because of that durability and will happily pay an extra few bucks to support an actual golf company. I’ll always try them out but they’ll never be my gamer.

That's what you stated. CLEARLY you don't know what we're talking about, the V2 3 piece was NEVER refunded across the board. Just wondering, why follow a thread for a ball that you clearly don't like? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Maltby TSW sand wedge

3 hours ago, betarhoalphadelta said:

Yeah, that's the nice thing about living where I live. I used to be on a BBQ forum where guys would talk about it being 45-60 minutes to get to their nearest Costco...

...I've got about 5 different options in about a 10 mile radius.

I keep trying to turn this thread into a bbq thread but people keep talking about golf balls for some reason...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

5 hours ago, Myherobobhope said:

I'll agree that the Suez Canal stuff backed up a ton of trade and slowed things down, but I'm not sure we can conclude it will have any impact on the release of the 4 piece ball. 

Oh yeah I wasnt saying if it would for sure cause issues with the ball release. Just an observation and possibility.  Either way I'm excited to finally try a kirkland 4 pc.  Still need to pick up the 3pc v2 as well.

Edited by HyzerFlipDG
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, gioreeko said:

That's what you stated. CLEARLY you don't know what we're talking about, the V2 3 piece was NEVER refunded across the board. Just wondering, why follow a thread for a ball that you clearly don't like? 

The V2 4 piece was refunded across the board. Maybe I could be even clearer...THE ONES IN THE GOLD BOX WERE REFUNDED IN FULL WHETHER BOUGHT ONLINE OR IN PERSON. I never clearly stated that in my original response.

But I maintain that, the balls suck.

But guy, you need to relax. It’s a forum. And I disagree with you. Don’t get so mad.

Edited by Stanks

2 hours ago, Stanks said:

The V2 4 piece was refunded across the board. Maybe I could be even clearer...THE ONES IN THE GOLD BOX WERE REFUNDED IN FULL WHETHER BOUGHT ONLINE OR IN PERSON. I never clearly stated that in my original response.

But I maintain that, the balls suck.

But guy, you need to relax. It’s a forum. And I disagree with you. Don’t get so mad.

And nobody has been talking about that ball for a long time. The thread has CLEARLY been talking about BBQ/ V2 3 piece balls. MAYBE I CAN BE CLEARER, WE ALL KNOW YOU AREN'T A FAN OF THE BALLS. GO TO THE FORUM OF THE BALLS YOU ARE A FAN OF, HOW HARD IS THAT?

Maltby TSW sand wedge

1 hour ago, torbill said:

No idea why gioreeko continues to feed the troll...

I'm an idiot I guess, lol. Trolls infuriate me for some reason. 

• Like 2

Maltby TSW sand wedge

4 hours ago, gioreeko said:

I'm an idiot I guess, lol. Trolls infuriate me for some reason. 

It’s 7am and I have no balls.

wait...

I mean i remain ball less...

hmmm...

happy masters!

• Haha 3

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

17 hours ago, Myherobobhope said:

Ha, we can create our own SKU for them...

C - Costco

2/3/4 - Layers

U/S - Urethane or Surlyn, to future proof

1/2/3/4... - Version Number

So the current ball on the market would be a C3U2 and the new ball will be a C4U3

That's a little confusing and not super helpful... honestly, I think it might be best to just pick 2 random words to delineate the 3 layer from the 4 layer, and we can add more words...

3 piece = Performance. Current ball in the Performance V2

4 piece = Tour. Upcoming Ball is the Tour V3 if we count the (V1 is the OG, V2 is the nudist)

A while back someone suggested box color.  Original ball Ksig Black (KSB), the original 3 piece Silver, the failed 4 piece Gold.  Just not sure what to call the new "V2".  Red for the shading, maybe?  I'd still iike to know what's up on the side stamp on the new V2, and if it's the 2nd 3 piece on the conforming list but with a different stamp.

Sto Pro Veritate

7 hours ago, gioreeko said:

And nobody has been talking about that ball for a long time. The thread has CLEARLY been talking about BBQ/ V2 3 piece balls. MAYBE I CAN BE CLEARER, WE ALL KNOW YOU AREN'T A FAN OF THE BALLS. GO TO THE FORUM OF THE BALLS YOU ARE A FAN OF, HOW HARD IS THAT?

Well I did talk about the spaghetti sauce. Victoria’s to be specific. Someone brought up Raos which is slightly decent. 
And this is a Costco thread for Kirkland balls, so my post seemed to be on topic. I’m talking about it. But when you type in ALL CAPS, it shows a true measure of how angry you are.

Just remember, it’s okay to disagree and not be yelling. 
Hope you have a great day!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Girevik said:

There's only been 4 balls, pretty easy to differentiate. There's V1 and V2 (which were all refunded) 4 piece, and V1 and V2 of the 3 piece. 

• Like 1

Maltby TSW sand wedge

16 minutes ago, gioreeko said:

There's only been 4 balls, pretty easy to differentiate. There's V1 and V2 (which were all refunded) 4 piece, and V1 and V2 of the 3 piece. 

You found the caps lock to deactivate? 😜

yeah I’m not sure where the confusion is...I mean, at this point, I’m not sure anyone has the 4pc v2, that were refunded, still in their possession. 

20 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

LOL...Thank you, I'm beginning to think geography isn't a strong suit for some on this thread...

😉

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gioreeko said:

Except only the most recent 3 piece ball was ever labeled as "V2" on the packaging, so it's easy to assume any time you see V2 it applies to that ball.  Costco never referred to the 2nd 4 piece as "V2".  And with another 4 piece ball seeming in the future there will be another in mix.  

Just a few posts up there is a reply where someone responded to a post about the newest three piece thinking they were talking about the failed 4 piece, so the confusion seems to be real.

Sto Pro Veritate

1 hour ago, Girevik said:

Except only the most recent 3 piece ball was ever labeled as "V2" on the packaging, so it's easy to assume any time you see V2 it applies to that ball.  Costco never referred to the 2nd 4 piece as "V2".  And with another 4 piece ball seeming in the future there will be another in mix.  

Just a few posts up there is a reply where someone responded to a post about the newest three piece thinking they were talking about the failed 4 piece, so the confusion seems to be real.

He's just a troll not keeping up with what everyone's talking about.

Maltby TSW sand wedge

2 hours ago, jpdx said:

You found the caps lock to deactivate? 😜

yeah I’m not sure where the confusion is...I mean, at this point, I’m not sure anyone has the 4pc v2, that were refunded, still in their possession. 

😉

I only caps locked for the troll since he was😉

Maltby TSW sand wedge