Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

33 minutes ago, North Butte said:

Is it just me or could they replace about 2/3 of their videos with a one-frame still photo of the speed/launch/spin results for all the clubs?

What exactly is the added value of seeing a sequence of video clips of him making amazingly repeatable nearly robot like swings at each ball?

The numbers pretty much speak for themselves but I guess you can't make a video from just one table of numbers without some filler. 

Part of it is the thought process and analysis.  Part of it is showing they didn't skip steps to come to their conclusion.  They make a good team, imho.  But yes, it can be a bit tedious to watch all the way to the end.

1 hour ago, GolfSwang said:

TXG review of the new 3 piece V2.0

I'm a bit disappointed to see the high spin with irons like V1.0 (as someone who spins it plenty already). 

So crazy they didn't mention the ball cutting and falling apart after each swing😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

3 hours ago, North Butte said:

Looks like the numbers are *very* similar to the previous 3pc model.

Heck of a ball for a dollar, remarkable value.

The "Big Fix" was the ball speed and lower spin off the driver.  V1 ball speed was about 2 mph lower on average than the PV1 and the spin was like 1,000 more rpm resulting in shorter driver distance.  Now it's virtually the same with V2.  The biggest complaint of the V1 was the loss of driver distance and that's what they corrected.  I've played the last three rounds in "strong Breeze" to light wind with the Ksig 3.2  and yes, in windy conditions I have to account for about 3-5 yards shorter into the wind with the mid irons.  Easily done as long as I know the ball.  I'm liking the ball alot. 

Edited by wantacigar
added to the comment
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

The "Big Fix" was the ball speed and lower spin off the driver.  V1 ball speed was about 2 mph lower on average than the PV1 and the spin was like 1,000 more rpm resulting in shorter driver distance.  Now it's virtually the same with V2.  The biggest complaint of the V1 was the loss of driver distance and that's what they corrected.  I've played the last three rounds in "strong Breeze" to light wind with the Ksig 3.2  and yes, in windy conditions I have to account for about 3-5 yards shorter into the wind with the mid irons.  Easily done as long as I know the ball.  I'm liking the ball alot. 

I have done a pretty extensive demo of the original 3pc K-sig ball and when the breeze picks up there's some definite "ciphering" (as Jethro would say) going on to figure out what short iron to hit.

But I've also played some with low-spin options like AVX and Left Dash. I'm not sure the "ciphering" for those reduced-spin wonders was actually a whole lot easier than dealing with a spin monster like K-Sig.

Being a golfer of very little brain I'm best just sticking to the normal spin balls like Pro V1/TP5/Z-Star/B X/etc.😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, North Butte said:

I have done a pretty extensive demo of the original 3pc K-sig ball and when the breeze picks up there's some definite "ciphering" (as Jethro would say) going on to figure out what short iron to hit.

But I've also played some with low-spin options like AVX and Left Dash. I'm not sure the "ciphering" for those reduced-spin wonders was actually a whole lot easier than dealing with a spin monster like K-Sig.

Being a golfer of very little brain I'm best just sticking to the normal spin balls like Pro V1/TP5/Z-Star/B X/etc.😄

I really don't think about it too much.  I'm not good enough to think about it.  I just hit the ball, hopefully, well enough at times.  I'm a 16 cap.  I like the feel and being able to stop the ball.   Being on an island (Long Island, NY)there are a lot of courses that are either heavy in water hazards or heavily wooded (Bethpage).  The majority of golfers here lose balls.  Paying $1 a ball that is 95% what a $5.00 ProV 1 is.  I'll play it every day.  It's expensive to live here as it is.  I can hardly afford to lose TP5's on the reg.   Don't get me wrong, I have a ball problem that definitely needs a 12 step program and I love the TP5 with the Pro V1 equal to the Snell for 2nd place for me. 

I have probable 4 or 5 dozen random balls around as well.  I have a problem

IMG_8531[1].JPG

Edited by wantacigar
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, soregongolfer said:

They said the original KSig was a high spinner.  I don't feel like it is.  The original 3 piece is, but not the original four piece.  Did I misunderstand them?

I never got to play the OG Ksig 4 pc. (Ksig 4.1)  From what I understand it was basically a Pro V1 X.  The 3 pc (Ksig 3.1) was a high spinner.  Some say they lost distance on the driver but the irons were good.  YouTubers who reviewed them (Rick Shiels, James Robison, TXG) saw some drop off in ball speed with some higher spin with the driver.  Rick Shiels, who has a swing speed of 115, lost about 5-10 yds on a 275-285 yd drive.  That may equate to a 3-5 yd loss on a 95-100 mph swing speed of us normal humans.  I enjoyed playing the Ksig 3.1.  The Ksig 3.2 fixed the ball speed and spin issues with the driver and it basically performs like a PV1 off the driver.  A little higher spin with the irons.  Great ball for $1.00

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, soregongolfer said:

They said the original KSig was a high spinner.  I don't feel like it is.  The original 3 piece is, but not the original four piece.  Did I misunderstand them?

I have only heard (or said) that about the 3pc. The original 4pc Ksig was an excellent ball. No flaws I could find, other than not being available. 

1 hour ago, wantacigar said:

IMG_8531[1].JPG

Jeez... I suck, but it would take me 5 years to lose that many balls!

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

1 hour ago, betarhoalphadelta said:

Jeez... I suck, but it would take me 5 years to lose that many balls!

Do you even golf bro? 😎

joking. I’ve said a few times over this mega thread I have a ton of balls as well. I have (from memory) 12dz og ksig, 12-16dz Nike rzn tour black 6dz rzn tour platinum, 1.75dz ksig 3.2, various other on the house. Some crap 2pc balls that I stopped playing long ago as well. 

this past year from may 2020 to now, I’ve played over 130rds (#humblebrag?) and I still haven’t used them all. I tend to find more than I lose and even at a $1 a ball - losing a ball angers me....damn penalties....

The majority of the time I’ve used the 3pc balls I keep buying instead of using the good ones. Haha. I have a problem! I’ve never experienced  durability problems others have had that make me ever want to spend more than what Costco is offering for their balls. 

Edited by jpdx
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, jpdx said:

Do you even golf bro? 😎

joking. I’ve said a few times over this mega thread I have a ton of balls as well. I have (from memory) 12dz og ksig, 12-16dz Nike rzn tour black 6dz rzn tour platinum, 1.75dz ksig 3.2, various other on the house. Some crap 2pc balls that I stopped playing long ago as well. 

this past year from may 2020 to now, I’ve played over 130rds (#humblebrag?) and I still haven’t used them all. I tend to find more than I lose and even at a $1 a ball - losing a ball angers me....damn penalties....

The majority of the time I’ve used the 3pc balls I keep buying instead of using the good ones. Haha. I have a problem! I’ve never experienced  durability problems others have had that make me ever want to spend more than what Costco is offering for their balls. 

Yea, you do have a problem 🤣

Some of those were bought from 2018 till now.  I keep using the "cheap" balls so not to use the "good ones" like you.  It's a mental problem.  I've gotten better tho and am working through those ProV 1's I got in 2017 LOL.  On courses that I know I'm going to lose balls, ie. a lot of water, heavy woods, etc., I use the "cheaper" ball and that depends what ball I think is the cheapest that day.  I'm on track to play maybe play 40 rounds which is alot for me.  Four kids, college, weddings.  Lucky I'm playing that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

Yea, you do have a problem 🤣

Some of those were bought from 2018 till now.  I keep using the "cheap" balls so not to use the "good ones" like you.  It's a mental problem.  I've gotten better tho and am working through those ProV 1's I got in 2017 LOL.  On courses that I know I'm going to lose balls, ie. a lot of water, heavy woods, etc., I use the "cheaper" ball and that depends what ball I think is the cheapest that day.  I'm on track to play maybe play 40 rounds which is alot for me.  Four kids, college, weddings.  Lucky I'm playing that.

The Nikes were purchased when they went out of equipment biz. I was fortunate to have a pass in the “employee” or now known as the “company” store. They were $15/dz. the front end mgr on duty stopped me from buying more - there was a limit. Haha. Imo, best balls ever. So what was that...2016?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, North Butte said:

I have only heard (or said) that about the 3pc. The original 4pc Ksig was an excellent ball. No flaws I could find, other than not being available. 

I should have been more clear.  I was talking about the review on TXG.  At the beginning, I thought they said the orignal four piece was a high spinner.  

Edited by soregongolfer

1 hour ago, soregongolfer said:

I should have been more clear.  I was talking about the review on TXG.  At the beginning, I thought they said the orignal four piece was a high spinner.  

I thought I heard them say that too, but they didn't seem like they were really clear on the different releases. That being said, the OG 4 piece spin around what a ProV1 does, bites and backs up a bit on the greens. It's one of the best balls I've ever played, eagerly awaiting the new 4 piece to try out.

• Like 1

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

10 hours ago, North Butte said:

jpdx,

As my wife is fond of pointing out, the best deal on golf balls is always to use the ones sitting in the closet. Zero cost.

Even Ksig isn't cheaper than ones already bought and paid for. But where's the fun in that?

Your post is clear evidence my wife is with another man. : )

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, games said:

Your post is clear evidence my wife is with another man. : )

Hmmm, interesting theory.

I've always figured the wives have their own site on the Dark Web where they get together to dream up all sorts of technically "correct" but ultimately totally off the point advice to us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, North Butte said:

Hmmm, interesting theory.

I've always figured the wives have their own site on the Dark Web where they get together to dream up all sorts of technically "correct" but ultimately totally off the point advice to us.

I’ve been married to the same woman for 44 years and I’ve learned several things about how to make a marriage durable as well as enjoyable. Having separate hobbies (for us anyway) in a major factor. I have only a limited knowledge of her crafting hobby. I see the charges to our shared account and then the beautiful cards and things she makes, but I don’t know how many of the different tools and dies she has (though her craft room is large and probably a fire hazard.) Likewise she knows I buy clubs and electric carts and things, and have a large stash of balls in the garage. I tease her when a package is delivered, and I know our UPS driver and mailman by name, but I never feel guilty when I buy golf things, and I like getting new things. Our universe is in balance. 🙂

Oh yeah - having your own TV is also a must.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

1 hour ago, DavePelz4 said:

This is a golf ball closet...

golf ball closet.jpg

Mine has dwindled down quite a bit in the last 2 months. Haven't bought any balls in a bit and im averaging 4-5 rounds a week right now. Went through 2 boxes of TFHC already. 

Can't wait to order up a few boxes of the KS3.2. I dont have a Costco near me so I have to have them shipped to me.

0421211332.jpg

Edited by HyzerFlipDG
Typos

19 hours ago, wantacigar said:

I really don't think about it too much.  I'm not good enough to think about it.  I just hit the ball, hopefully, well enough at times.  I'm a 16 cap.  I like the feel and being able to stop the ball.   Being on an island (Long Island, NY)there are a lot of courses that are either heavy in water hazards or heavily wooded (Bethpage).  The majority of golfers here lose balls.  Paying $1 a ball that is 95% what a $5.00 ProV 1 is.  I'll play it every day.  It's expensive to live here as it is.  I can hardly afford to lose TP5's on the reg.   Don't get me wrong, I have a ball problem that definitely needs a 12 step program and I love the TP5 with the Pro V1 equal to the Snell for 2nd place for me. 

IMG_8531[1].JPG

That Starbucks drink hiding behind the TP5’s probably set you back the same as a dozen K-sigs...  😂

• Haha 1

Epic Speed 9* (VeloCore Blue 6S)

SIM2 Ti 15* (Tour AD BB 6SR)

Apex UW 19* (MMT 70S)

0311XP Gen3 4-PW (Accra 90i S)

Vokey Forged 52 

Vokey Forged Black 58.12K 

HiToe 64* 
WHP 7CS

TP5x

27 minutes ago, 95124hacker said:

That Starbucks drink hiding behind the TP5’s probably set you back the same as a dozen K-sigs...  😂

True!  Those were my kids.  My wife, daughters and son love those drinks.  I don't.  Give me a good dark roast coffee with a tint of cream and I'm good.  That's what I told my wife.  I said I could buy 4-6 dozen balls a month on what they spend on Starbucks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

True!  Those were my kids.  My wife, daughters and son love those drinks.  I don't.  Give me a good dark roast coffee with a tint of cream and I'm good.  That's what I told my wife.  I said I could buy 4-6 dozen balls a month on what they spend on Starbucks.

Im not really a daily coffee drinker, but I'll take a cold brew any day. So smooth it doesnt need milk or sugar. I probably wouldn't drink coffee at all if it wasnt for cold brew.

5 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

That sounds good.   Never had a cold brew

The cold brew process is what makes them so smooth. Since cold water is used the parts of the coffee that cause the bitter taste dont get extracted from the beans.  Sadly its a much much longer process compared to standard pour over/drip coffee so its expensive unless you make it yourself.

2 minutes ago, HyzerFlipDG said:

The cold brew process is what makes them so smooth. Since cold water is used the parts of the coffee that cause the bitter taste dont get extracted from the beans.  Sadly its a much much longer process compared to standard pour over/drip coffee so its expensive unless you make it yourself.

Well, now I have some research to do

4 hours ago, HyzerFlipDG said:

In the spirit of this being a ks thread - and we’ve talked about everything ksig... have you tried the ksig cold brew? They must know me becausey local Costco has the ks cold brew close to the ks 3.2, gloves, wedges, and putter. 

Edited by jpdx
  • Haha 2