Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

I don't know if this is new info, but I was just on the Costco site and see that they have gloves for left-handed players and left-handed KSig putters on their web site, as well as the putter weight kit.

• Like 2

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

19 minutes ago, betarhoalphadelta said:

I don't know if this is new info, but I was just on the Costco site and see that they have gloves for left-handed players and left-handed KSig putters on their web site, as well as the putter weight kit.

I wish they had a longer version of the putter.  I like to stand fairly upright and what they have is just a little too short for me.  Hopefully down the road.

• Like 1

Sto Pro Veritate

Jumped in and purchased the version 2.0 based on the good reviews here and the TXG video that just came out. 

The Ksig felt fine, maybe a little clicky.  Approach distances seemed comparable to the TP5 I normally play.  Maybe a little shorter with the driver, but I need to experiment more.  Spin was very very good as expected.  However the ball was trashed by 15 holes.  The cover had several gashes and lots of wear marks.  Is anyone else experience this with the cover quality?  I'll do more testing and see how they hold up for me.  Hoping the 4 layer is a better fit for me and more durable.   

32 minutes ago, oc_mike said:

Jumped in and purchased the version 2.0 based on the good reviews here and the TXG video that just came out. 

The Ksig felt fine, maybe a little clicky.  Approach distances seemed comparable to the TP5 I normally play.  Maybe a little shorter with the driver, but I need to experiment more.  Spin was very very good as expected.  However the ball was trashed by 15 holes.  The cover had several gashes and lots of wear marks.  Is anyone else experience this with the cover quality?  I'll do more testing and see how they hold up for me.  Hoping the 4 layer is a better fit for me and more durable.   

Yes, same experience. Be careful, some on here get very defensive about the durability lol

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

59 minutes ago, oc_mike said:

So far I haven't had an experience like that. It can often be difficult for me to keep a ball for 15+ holes, but my last two rounds I've actually played the same ball through 27 holes. (Fished it out of a bush once and then a creek a few holes later, but I didn't lose it!) It looks almost new.

I have pretty decent swing speed (90 mph 7i) but my clubs are 20 yrs old so I probably don't have the grooves some have on their irons and wedges--my only "late model" wedge is my 60/14 and it doesn't get a lot of use due to the high bounce and playing on SoCal muni tight lies, and really never a full swing. I also have a common miss of hitting thins, tops, and blading the ball, and I haven't gashed one. 

I'm back into the game since July 2020 after an extended layoff, so I can't compare durability to other new balls. The K3.2s were the only balls I've bought since coming back--I've been playing the random detritus that had been sitting in my golf bag since 2015 and whatever I picked up on the course otherwise. I certainly like them better than the Top Flite X-outs lol...

• Like 1

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

1 hour ago, oc_mike said:

I just got new 921 Tours and have fairly new wedges so maybe they're just chewing up the soft cover?  I'm not a ksig basher (I loved the original!) and was hoping the V2.0 would have worked better for me.  I'll give it a few more rounds and keep waiting for the new 4 piece version.

I did a test a few pages back with one year old RTX4 wedges and same result. 

Edited by bhj83

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

On 4/26/2021 at 2:24 PM, oc_mike said:

I durability has been a complaint about the three piece from some. I mean it’s a quarter of Pro-V1’s price. If you otherwise get good performance from the ball, but it only lasts a round, I still think your getting your money’s worth. 

2 hours ago, madeintheshade said:

I durability has been a complaint about the three piece from some. I mean it’s a quarter of Pro-V1’s price. If you otherwise get good performance from the ball, but it only lasts a round, I still think your getting your money’s worth. 

I played the OG 3 piece most of last year. I found it a little spiny and short off the driver for me but it was every bit as durable as every version of the PV1, Chrome Soft and other urethane covered balls I have tried over 20+ years.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

8 minutes ago, Bad9 said:

I played the OG 3 piece most of last year. I found it a little spiny and short off the driver for me but it was every bit as durable as every version of the PV1, Chrome Soft and other urethane covered balls I have tried over 20+ years.

I found the original 3pc to be very durable as well. 3pc V2.0 not so much. 

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

On 4/26/2021 at 2:58 PM, bhj83 said:

Yes, same experience. Be careful, some on here get very defensive about the durability lol

@oc_mike I've played the Ksig 3.2 for at least 3 rounds exclusively.  I've used 3 sleeves (Damn that water).  I've had good durability on on them.  I had one after the 7th hole in play I bladed it pretty bad.  Saw an almost unseen cut.  Thought is was maybe a small scuff but felt like a small cut.  I threw the ball in the pond.  At $1.00 / ball eh, sometimes gashes happen.  I've had a ball in play for 15-16 holes without any damage other than some normal stuff you would see on ANY ball after 15 holes.  

@bhj83

SENSITIVE!  WHO ME?!  WTH MAN! 

LOL just kidding.  Seriously tho, Everyone will have different durability experiences.  Each individual will have to play the ball for themselves to see for themselves. 

Durability aside, I really didn't see any distance loss on the driver or irons.  I really like the fell around the green and with the putter.  Again, for $1.00/ball it's a great ball.  I still like my TP5's and I still play surlyn balls on windy days or days I'm playing like 💩 .  

Just got some V2.0 and only played a 9 hole par 3 quick yesterday. I'll be out this weekend for a full 18. It feels softer off the putter than I would have expected but feels nice. Feels as good as anything I prefer to play off Irons or Wedges. I can't really comment on durably as of yet. I played with one ball and it took a funny bounce off a gravel/rocky patch next to the cart path which gave it a pretty rough scuff which I would expect with just about any ball. For me, it's no guaranty that I get through 18 or even 9 holes without loosing a ball. To jinx myself, I've only lost 2 balls in my last 63 holes, so maybe I actually will get to comment on the durability of this ball. But for me, even if it doesn't hold up to a ProV1, for a 1/4 of the price I think I'll be satisfied. 

• Like 2

We're going on a Minimalist Adventure who knows were we'll end up:

"Full" 10-Club Bag currently looks like this:

Taylormade BRNR Mini Copper 13.5

Taylormade Sim Max 7w Mitsubishi Diamana F Limited 75S

Titleist 818H1 25* Fuji Atmos Black 9s

Callaway Mavrik Pro 7-PW Project X Rifle Tour Flighted 105 6.0

Vokey SM9 50.08F

Vokey SM9 56.10S

White Hot OG #1

Srixon Z Star/Chrome Soft X

On 4/21/2021 at 6:54 PM, wantacigar said:

Well, now I have some research to do

Dare I suggest the *nitro* cold brew 

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons : Callaway Apex Pro '21 5-AW-- S400 (S)

Woods: Callaway Epic Speed 3W

Putter: TM HydroBlast Del Monte 1

On 4/26/2021 at 3:35 PM, betarhoalphadelta said:

So far I haven't had an experience like that. It can often be difficult for me to keep a ball for 15+ holes, but my last two rounds I've actually played the same ball through 27 holes. (Fished it out of a bush once and then a creek a few holes later, but I didn't lose it!) It looks almost new.

I have pretty decent swing speed (90 mph 7i) but my clubs are 20 yrs old so I probably don't have the grooves some have on their irons and wedges--my only "late model" wedge is my 60/14 and it doesn't get a lot of use due to the high bounce and playing on SoCal muni tight lies, and really never a full swing. I also have a common miss of hitting thins, tops, and blading the ball, and I haven't gashed one. 

I'm back into the game since July 2020 after an extended layoff, so I can't compare durability to other new balls. The K3.2s were the only balls I've bought since coming back--I've been playing the random detritus that had been sitting in my golf bag since 2015 and whatever I picked up on the course otherwise. I certainly like them better than the Top Flite X-outs lol...

I'm a little jealous. 15 holes is a lot of golf without losing one 😄 

I think I change the Chrome Soft X on avg around 12-15 holes if it's beaten up. KSIG makes it a little further. Some of the DTC brands make it 2 wedge shots🤦‍♂️

It all really depends on how often I'm at the beach, but at $1 a ball it's still cheaper to just chuck it in the shagbag.

12 minutes ago, AcesAndHoles said:

I think I change the Chrome Soft X on avg around 12-15 holes if it's beaten up. KSIG makes it a little further. Some of the DTC brands make it 2 wedge shots🤦‍♂️

Face it, you're just way too strong for these puny golf balls. They can't handle your speed. Or your grooves are way too sharp. Or both.

Or maybe you hit too many trees and cart paths? Oops, now I'm talking about my game not yours. 

3 hours ago, North Butte said:

Face it, you're just way too strong for these puny golf balls. They can't handle your speed. Or your grooves are way too sharp. Or both.

Or maybe you hit too many trees and cart paths? Oops, now I'm talking about my game not yours. 

Sounds like we'd be good cart-mates. Can we split the ProV1s we find in the woods? 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, jpdx said:

3.2 made it through 27 holes today. Had a few sand shots. A few trees hit (lucky bounces out), plenty of bomb and gouge golf. Beside the lettering falling off a bit, no noticeable signs of wear. 

Make that 45 holes. A few scuffs. Nothing major that I feel would affect flight at this point. No cuts. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jpdx said:

Make that 45 holes. A few scuffs. Nothing major that I feel would affect flight at this point. No cuts. 

Same thing happened with the recalled 4pc v2. Many people are here swore they were durable and had no issues. So it's possible there are some bad batches out there that maybe aren't up to par and shouldn't have gone through quality control. I don't know. 

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

2 hours ago, bhj83 said:

Same thing happened with the recalled 4pc v2. Many people are here swore they were durable and had no issues. So it's possible there are some bad batches out there that maybe aren't up to par and shouldn't have gone through quality control. I don't know. 

I went through 4-dozen “free” V2 4-piece ball last year.  I found the covers to be less durable than the V1 4-piece, which is simply a great ball that I still play.  But it wasn’t terrible, by any means - a few abrasions, scuffs, throw the ball away after a round.  A dozen rounds of golf with a ball that has decent performance through the green, for fifteen bucks (or better yet a dozen rounds for free, lol), what’s not to like?  I never once cut a V2 4-piece ball, as was being shown in pictures by many people.  OTOH I rarely if ever hit a ball in the forehead with an iron.  Yes, a modern golf ball shouldn’t routinely get a big cut when you top it, as the old balata balls invariably did.  But OTOH it seems to me that if you can’t avoid topping a ball you should maybe go to Surlyn or something else that has better cut resistance...?   

3 minutes ago, torbill said:

I went through 4-dozen “free” V2 4-piece ball last year.  I found the covers to be less durable than the V1 4-piece, which is simply a great ball that I still play.  But it wasn’t terrible, by any means - a few abrasions, scuffs, throw the ball away after a round.  A dozen rounds of golf with a ball that has decent performance through the green, for fifteen bucks (or better yet a dozen rounds for free, lol), what’s not to like?  I never once cut a V2 4-piece ball, as was being shown in pictures by many people.  OTOH I rarely if ever hit a ball in the forehead with an iron.  Yes, a modern golf ball shouldn’t routinely get a big cut when you top it, as the old balata balls invariably did.  But OTOH it seems to me that if you can’t avoid topping a ball you should maybe go to Surlyn or something else that has better cut resistance...?   

Lol...why the mention of topping it? You think that's what cut those balls? It's mostly wedge grooves in my experience. 

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

I still haven’t given up hope on the 4 piece getting released, but i don’t check the site like I used to... my interest is flickering...

I’m hoping they are out by Father’s Day!

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

Played 18 with the V2.0 yesterday on a course I’ve never played before.  Second shot on #1 was a full 52 into the green (only par of the day). Left two little cuts on the cover. I played that ball and rotated a few others in the twerp of the round to see if that would happen again. Never had any other issues. Spin around the green was good. Greens were much faster and firmer than what I’m used to playing and I didn’t have any issues stopping the ball. Had two sand shots and didn’t notice any issues either.  So I’d say so far that first full wedge shot was an outlier. I’ll report back when I can play again. 

Otherwise I thought the ball performed as well and any premium ball I’ve played. 

• Like 1

We're going on a Minimalist Adventure who knows were we'll end up:

"Full" 10-Club Bag currently looks like this:

Taylormade BRNR Mini Copper 13.5

Taylormade Sim Max 7w Mitsubishi Diamana F Limited 75S

Titleist 818H1 25* Fuji Atmos Black 9s

Callaway Mavrik Pro 7-PW Project X Rifle Tour Flighted 105 6.0

Vokey SM9 50.08F

Vokey SM9 56.10S

White Hot OG #1

Srixon Z Star/Chrome Soft X