2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

14 hours ago, Nessism said:

Just got back from Costco where I grabbed a box of 3.2's.  I need more balls like a hole in the head but what the heck!  4 dozen Kirkland's for the same money as 1 dozen Pro V1's?  Hum, what to choose?🙃

I lose a decent amount of distance with the 3.2, especially as my miss spins even more… still play them! So cheap, and a great ball for me everywhere but the driver.

• Like 2

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

1 hour ago, Myherobobhope said:

I lose a decent amount of distance with the 3.2, especially as my miss spins even more… still play them! So cheap, and a great ball for me everywhere but the driver.

You should take your savings on golf balls and buy yourself a new $500 low-spin driver with a $400 low-spin shaft upgrade!

(I'm a bad influence BTW.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

4 hours ago, Myherobobhope said:

I'm going to put these bad boys in play tomorrow and will report back with my review.

One of my playing partners hits a very high ball.  He's a 3 capper that regularly hits fairway woods out of fairway bunkers because "he can," but when he misses his drive it's a high and weak fade.  Sounds like K-sig wouldn't suit him.  Me on the other hand hits a low ball.  Low spiny approaches are my bread and butter.  Hoping for a match.   I played the 3.1 and while I liked them fine, but they were not my favorite.  I'm not sure exactly why, it was just an uninspiring experience overall for some reason.  Anyway, looking forward to trying these. 

• Like 2

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

3 minutes ago, Nessism said:

I'm going to put these bad boys in play tomorrow and will report back with my review.

One of my playing partners hits a very high ball.  He's a 3 capper that regularly hits fairway woods out of fairway bunkers because "he can," but when he misses his drive it's a high and weak fade.  Sounds like K-sig wouldn't suit him.  Me on the other hand hits a low ball.  Low spiny approaches are my bread and butter.  Hoping for a match.   I played the 3.1 and while I liked them fine, but they were not my favorite.  I'm not sure exactly why, it was just an uninspiring experience overall for some reason.  Anyway, looking forward to trying these. 

It could be the spin, but based on you know who's 2019 ball test, the 3.1 had a lower peak height with driver than most other balls (going off memory FWIW).  As I remember it, only the Duo Pro was lower.

As a lower trajectory player, I could see that contributing to the uninspiring vibe, even with the extra spin the 3.1 gave.

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

4 hours ago, betarhoalphadelta said:

You should take your savings on golf balls and buy yourself a new $500 low-spin driver with a $400 low-spin shaft upgrade!

(I'm a bad influence BTW.)

Just need a mini driver right now… pretty happy with my driver, though I have some more weights in order for it.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

17 hours ago, Nessism said:

I have 1.5 dozen 3.1's left.  The two sleeves I've played were on a short 5800 yd links course with ALOT of water.  Hence the two sleeves.  So, My experience with the 3.1's are very minimal and Unrevealing.  I love the 3.2.  I know everyone says they lost driver distance but how much?  My drives average 230-250.  Not a high SS guy.  Would they make any noticeable difference in distance, feel or performance in your opinion, of course.

• Like 1

Wondering if Costco employees have the new 4 piece and are testing it for a bit to see if there are any quality issues. It's not unusual for Costco to test a product before releasing it for national distribution.  It's logical that they don't want to release a second ball with issues knowing that would severely damage their reputation with a very discerning group of consumers.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DavePelz4 said:

Wondering if Costco employees have the new 4 piece and are testing it for a bit to see if there are any quality issues. It's not unusual for Costco to test a product before releasing it for national distribution.  It's logical that they don't want to release a second ball with issues knowing that would severely damage their reputation with a very discerning group of consumers.

That's what I'm thinking too.

• Like 1

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

5 hours ago, wantacigar said:

I have 1.5 dozen 3.1's left.  The two sleeves I've played were on a short 5800 yd links course with ALOT of water.  Hence the two sleeves.  So, My experience with the 3.1's are very minimal and Unrevealing.  I love the 3.2.  I know everyone says they lost driver distance but how much?  My drives average 230-250.  Not a high SS guy.  Would they make any noticeable difference in distance, feel or performance in your opinion, of course.

My ss is usually between 110-115 on the course, and I haven't notice that much of a loss of distance. I usually play Snell MTB-X, and once in awhile if it's not busy, I'll hit a second drive with the KSig 3.2 just to compare, and it's usually a few paces short of the Snell, which isn't bad, that Snell is loooooooong.

• Like 1

Maltby TSW sand wedge

12 minutes ago, gioreeko said:

My ss is usually between 110-115 on the course, and I haven't notice that much of a loss of distance. I usually play Snell MTB-X, and once in awhile if it's not busy, I'll hit a second drive with the KSig 3.2 just to compare, and it's usually a few paces short of the Snell, which isn't bad, that Snell is loooooooong.

I love the KSig 3.2  Get longer drives than the TP5x.  I seem to balloon the 5x 🤷‍♂️.  However, wondering what your experience is with the 3.1?  I have 1.5 dozen and don't have the time or desire to be returning them.  Wondering if they are worth playing? (Especially on a course with a lot of water. LOL)

6 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

I love the KSig 3.2  Get longer drives than the TP5x.  I seem to balloon the 5x 🤷‍♂️.  However, wondering what your experience is with the 3.1?  I have 1.5 dozen and don't have the time or desire to be returning them.  Wondering if they are worth playing? (Especially on a course with a lot of water. LOL)

Some other sites pod cast stated the current TP5 were spinning crazy during their ball tests.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

I found the 3.1 about the same distance wise off the driver, but for me it was a few yards shorter with my long and mid irons, they seemed to go much higher than the 3.2's for me. It's not that big of a difference between V1 and V2 for me, but once V2 came out, I returned my 3.1's and exchanged them for the V2's. 

• Like 1

Maltby TSW sand wedge

First round in with the 3.2 and liked the ball fine.  Feel was medium crisp, spin seemed reasonable, and distance...I can't judge because my driver was off today.  If it's shorter that other balls I didn't notice; my misses lose me more distance that the ball did.  

I'll play it again next week and hopefully I'll play better.  Oh, and the cover durability seemed fine to me.  Thumbs up so far.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DavePelz4 said:

Are they hiring?!!

Went to my Costco yesterday.  They've restocked the gloves but still not balls.

• Haha 1

Sto Pro Veritate

No golfballs found at my local Costco last Thursday, either...

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

19 minutes ago, Girevik said:

Ok, lets get back to talking about gas pumps and booze rather than what might be actual evidence of whether the 3 piece is being phased out in favor of a new ball.

All this "evidence" the 3pc v2 is being phased out is malarkey since stores continue to be stocked...Costco, just like mostly every other manufacturing company, is facing supply chain issues even though the Suez Canal clog, for you geographically challenged posters, has been cleared for months...As far as the new K-Sig 4pc, Costco has acknowledged it plans on releasing a new one and the USGA conforming list shows one or two new versions exists outside what has been released in the past...If/when it arrives, there will be plenty to talk about then...

I would be careful even updating the number of gloves, putters or wedges in your store, or the sour grapes of this thread, might cry again to the warden...That is, unless they're the ones posting non-ball related items as well....Everyone should just enjoy the thread for what it is, a little fun break from reality...

On 8/7/2021 at 11:23 AM, NRJyzr said:

It could be the spin, but based on you know who's 2019 ball test, the 3.1 had a lower peak height with driver than most other balls (going off memory FWIW).  As I remember it, only the Duo Pro was lower.

As a lower trajectory player, I could see that contributing to the uninspiring vibe, even with the extra spin the 3.1 gave.

They say that the higher the spin the lower the trajectory.

7 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

No, higher spin is associated with lower INITIAL LAUNCH ANGLE. That is not the same as the trajectory a ball follows throughout its flight.

Comparing two balls with the same ball speed and dimple patterns, the one with higher spin will fly on a higher trajectory due to the extra spin.

Of course manufacturers generally use different dimple patterns on high vs. low spin balls so it's not always possible to make such a comparison. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

Generally true, but the dimple pattern can overcome that somewhat.

I've played the Maxfli Elite and HT-100 relatively recently, and was shocked at how low they flew, in spite of how much they spun.

54 minutes ago, dasams said:

The 3.2's have again disappeared from Costco's website suggesting the current batch is sold out.  As in the past, I expect them return in a day or two.  And still no sign of the 4.3's.

We had plenty K3.2 in my store on Friday.

I lost 7 of them in my last round (Thurs), so I bought another 24 lol...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Tons of balls in North Kansas City. Wedges and putters too. No gloves though. 

Must mean a new glove is in the works!😳

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

Round 2 is in with the 3.2 and honestly, I've got nothing bad to say.  Started the round with a yellow Z Star then switched after a couple of holes, once we got away from the driving range ball spray.  I immediately noticed that the Kirkland felt a little firmer than the Srixon.  Distance and spin seemed normal, as judged by my ability to judge such things.  The cover is really bright which I liked;  I could tell the difference when comparing against my playing partners balls laying on the fairway.  Not sure if it was me today or the ball, but my drives were flying low.  I'm a low ball hitter though, and count that as a bit of a swing fault.  Approach short were not flying low though.  Bottom line, can't say I prefer them to a Z Star, my favorite ball, but they are perfectly fine for someone of my skill level.  I broke 80 for the first time in a while and the ball certainly didn't hold me back one bit.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vernon said:

Tons of balls in North Kansas City. Wedges and putters too. No gloves though. 

Must mean a new glove is in the works!😳

Lenexa Costco in KC area had full pallets of all golf related stuff. 

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

Results for the K3.2 are in from the 2021 ball test on that other site...

Ouch. Just... Ouch. 

Spun like crazy, but distance wasn't even close. I'm closest to the "mid" speed category and the Kirkland was 15 yards shorter off the tee and 8 yards shorter of the 8i at mid speed compared to the top balls in the test. Most of those are low-spin balls, of course, but it seems like there's a happy medium from the test and the K3.2 isn't it...

3 minutes ago, betarhoalphadelta said:

Results for the K3.2 are in from the 2021 ball test on that other site...

Ouch. Just... Ouch. 

Spun like crazy, but distance wasn't even close. I'm closest to the "mid" speed category and the Kirkland was 15 yards shorter off the tee and 8 yards shorter of the 8i at mid speed compared to the top balls in the test. Most of those are low-spin balls, of course, but it seems like there's a happy medium from the test and the K3.2 isn't it...

Yep...right in line with what a lot of people have been saying about it. Great ball for the right person but not a great ball for most people. Hopefully the new 4 pc will be the ball for the rest of us (less spin and comparable distance to ProV1). 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

1 hour ago, bhj83 said:

Yep...right in line with what a lot of people have been saying about it. Great ball for the right person but not a great ball for most people. Hopefully the new 4 pc will be the ball for the rest of us (less spin and comparable distance to ProV1). 

Yeah, but most of what we'd seen regarding distance was anecdotal, and really not particularly consistent either. Some people here have claimed lost yardage, some have claimed the distances are the same. My guess is that when you're looking at a "budget ball", people probably see what they want to see when they hit it. 

Even for the online tests, I believe the TXG test didn't denote any distance differences off driver. BUT their test was entirely GCQuad which calculates the flight pattern, compared to testing outside via radar that will give you actual flight characteristics. Thus it can give you launch characteristics but not actually provide true flight data. 

I think this was the first thing I've seen that had a consistent and conclusive showing, across multiple swing speeds and clubs, that the K3.2 had a significant distance dropoff relative to other balls. 

I'm going to keep an eye on what I've got in the bag and will probably return the 24 I just bought... If I run low, I'll go with Snell MTB-X going forward depending on what we see with the K4.3. Seems like the right sort of happy medium between distance and spin, and still a better price point than the big guys. On the bright side, I can get the Snell in yellow, too.