2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Should Topic Title Be: Tiger Is Done, or Is Tiger Done?

DrSchteeve

The gym didn't cause his injuries, he probably would have had them earlier if he never trained, since strength reinforces the joints...

The dude lifted in the AM. Allegedly benching 375 and squatting 500. Then would go hit 1000+ balls and play nine holes.

If you don't give your muscles time to recover, the joints are actually weaker because stabilizer muscles are fatigued from lifting.

As an aside, pro golfers lifting n the AM before competitive rounds may be the very stupidest thing in the history of the world.

The gym didn't cause his injuries, he probably would have had them earlier if he never trained, since strength reinforces the joints...

The dude lifted in the AM. Allegedly benching 375 and squatting 500. Then would go hit 1000+ balls and play nine holes.

If you don't give your muscles time to recover, the joints are actually weaker because stabilizer muscles are fatigued from lifting.

As an aside, pro golfers lifting n the AM before competitive rounds may be the very stupidest thing in the history of the world.

He lifted light weights mostly 3 sets of 50 reps

Mizuno ST190G atmos 6s
Mizuno MP18 2fh / PX 6.0
Mizuno MP18 3-Pw/ PX 6.0
Mizuno S18 5310+5812/PX 6.0
Ping TR Anser 1966/ 34”

Ball - pro v1x
Grips - Crossline cord

Lofts 18 , 21.5, 25, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45, 49, 53, 58

375!? I'd havr to see that to believe it.

375!? I'd havr to see that to believe it.

Yeah I'd have to see that. A few reps with 300 absolutely. 375? ...NFW.

Last two replies: I know what you guys are saying, but this is the same man that would hit a nine iron 240 yards at Disney, and carry drives 330 with a liquid core ball and steel shaft.

I did use the word "allegedly" in my reference to that, however, because I too have some doubts.

Of course, there are NFL running backs who are in reality 5'9" or even shorter who--again, allegedly--can squat 700 pounds.

But getting back to Tiger, The weight numbers may be off, or one-rep maxes with some shades of lying. But I fully believe his daily routine (that's just how he operated).

Having said that, between that and his distance and how hard he swung, I will just say that something doesn't add up. I won't say much more without making straight up assumptions.

However, maybe what is does all really add up to is a guy suffering greatly from back problems and otherwise not able to swing like he used to.

However, maybe what is does all really add up to is a guy suffering greatly from back problems and otherwise not able to swing like he used to.

That simple explanation would sufficient IMO to explain everything we've actually seen.

Any or all of the more elaborate rumors may have some grain of truth but it is certainly possible to ruin ones spine by simply swinging really, really, really hard at the ball on a daily basis for years on end. And if his back's condition is bad enough to need the surgeries he'd endured, that is plenty enough to destroy his golf game.

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

I don't think Tiger has the body type to bench 375 and squat 500. His arms are too long and he doesn't have the lower body mass. Watch the NFL combine, and you never see a smallish WR-CB bench 225 more than 20-25 times, and usually it's much fewer. Again, this would be a more interesting thread if anyone actually knew what was wrong with Tiger's back and what was done to fix it. I would also like to know who is working with Tiger and what they are working on. And who thought it was a good idea to fly halfway around the world and try to play in a golf tournament.

Don't ever count the "GOAT" out. Look at what Brady did a few hours ago. I'm just saying!

Yeah but Brady only needed one team to choke and hand it to him. Tiger needs about 150 golfers a week to take the gas.

Exactly, well said. there no zone/prevent defence in golf. You gotta do it yourself 99% of the time

Brady hasn't been hurt like Tiger Woods has been injured, it's a poor comparison. Besides Brady is quite a family man and exemplifies good character!

He was having an affair with another chick while his first girlfriend/fiancee was pregnant, lets not go there.

Don't ever count the "GOAT" out. Look at what Brady did a few hours ago. I'm just saying!

Yeah but Brady only needed one team to choke and hand it to him. Tiger needs about 150 golfers a week to take the gas.

Exactly, well said. there no zone/prevent defence in golf. You gotta do it yourself 99% of the time

Brady hasn't been hurt like Tiger Woods has been injured, it's a poor comparison. Besides Brady is quite a family man and exemplifies good character!

He was having an affair with another chick while his first girlfriend/fiancee was pregnant, lets not go there.

Ah no.

Brady and Moynahan started dating in 2004 before calling it quits in December of 2006.

Shortly after the breakup, Brady started dating Bundchen. Then in February 2007, Moynahan announced she was more than three-months pregnant with both her and Brady’s first child.

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

Eldrick has had 3 Back surgeries, you can see how he walks after a swing on the course that he is in discomfort. I have had 3 back surgeries and I cannot play more than two days in a row and I swing nothing like Eldrick. I can't imagine what his back goes through when he swings.

Navy Seals workouts, HGH, steroids abuse along with the injuries that his body has undergone through the years.

Eldrick is finished, kaput, done.

Not to mention the pounding his back took servicing all those IHOP waitresses.........

I forgot about that

It was Perkins. Perkins! Get it right. No need to defame IHOP.

Love me some perkins.I think I gained 2 pounds just thinking about that place

Not that i really care but he traded up for a trophy wife which is his right. He was seen with bundchen well before they broke up. its all good though, the point i was making is if tiger takes crap for his misdeeds lets not gloss over bradys shenanigans.

Brady traded up, while Tiger traded down. WAAAY DOWN!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Perez thinks the former, it would seem>

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/pat-perez-on-tiger-woods-he-knows-he-cant-beat-anybody

Pat Perez on Tiger Woods: "He knows he can't beat anybody"

"He knows he can't beat anybody," Perez
. "He’s got this new corporation he started so he has to keep his name relevant to keep the corporation going. So he’s going to show up to a few events, he’s going to try to play...he’s going to show the Monster bag, he’s going to show the TaylorMade driver, he’s gonna get on TV. He’s got the Nike clothes, he’s gotta keep that stuff relevant.

"But the bottom line is he knows he can't beat anybody. He knows it. He shot 77! That guy can't shoot 77. What does he do the next day? 'Aw my backs gone.' He knows he cant beat anybody!"

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/pat-perez-on-tiger-woods-he-knows-he-cant-beat-anybody

. "He’s got this new corporation he started so he has to keep his name relevant to keep the corporation going. So he’s going to show up to a few events, he’s going to try to play...he’s going to show the Monster bag, he’s going to show the TaylorMade driver, he’s gonna get on TV. He’s got the Nike clothes, he’s gotta keep that stuff relevant.

"But the bottom line is he knows he can't beat anybody. He knows it. He shot 77! That guy can't shoot 77. What does he do the next day? 'Aw my backs gone.' He knows he cant beat anybody!"

I friggin Love Pat?

He da MAN, lmao

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

http://www.golfdiges...nt-beat-anybody

. "He's got this new corporation he started so he has to keep his name relevant to keep the corporation going. So he's going to show up to a few events, he's going to try to play...he's going to show the Monster bag, he's going to show the TaylorMade driver, he's gonna get on TV. He's got the Nike clothes, he's gotta keep that stuff relevant.

I friggin Love Pat

He da MAN, lmao

All the Best,

RP

79-2

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

http://www.golfdiges...nt-beat-anybody

. "He's got this new corporation he started so he has to keep his name relevant to keep the corporation going. So he's going to show up to a few events, he's going to try to play...he's going to show the Monster bag, he's going to show the TaylorMade driver, he's gonna get on TV. He's got the Nike clothes, he's gotta keep that stuff relevant.

I friggin Love Pat

He da MAN, lmao

All the Best,

RP

We may just have TW's motivation to make a comeback!

Like in....

hqdefault.jpg

Who exactly is Pat Perez, serious question? I don't think I've ever seen him play in any tournaments. I'm sure he played in tournaments, duh he's a tour player.
Cobra fly z+ Aldila rogue black
TM aero burner mini driver aldila rogue black
TM R9 3&5 wood stock
2016 mizuno jpx ez 4-gw
Cleveland cg16 50,56,62
Odyssey black series #5

At least Pat has the balls to say what everyone is thinking...

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

Who exactly is Pat Perez, serious question? I don't think I've ever seen him play in any tournaments. I'm sure he played in tournaments, duh he's a tour player.

How could you miss those glorious long flowing locks tucked under that Padres cap?

At least Pat has the balls to say what everyone is thinking...

This.

Incredibly courageous statement ; )

I see what you did there! LOL

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!