Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

I haven't read much of this long, long thread.

I can't imagine anyone in their right mind could defend his actions. And on random holidays. Maybe he keeps it together on Fathers Day.

I lost all respect when the Escalade hit the tree, so call me a hater. How many times will it take for the world to see this guy is not an idol, not someone to respect and not someone to be an ambassador for the game? He's a has been and has been a has been for a long time. Possibly playing in events, actually teeing it up in events, not getting injured in the first six holes of an event, making cuts, top 50, or anything better doesn't mean anything anymore. Just another soap opera that isn't needed. Everyone desperately needs to move on.

Oh I'm sorry when was the last time u 14 majors? And I don't mean on the PlayStation u hater. Tw has more talent in his left teste than your whole family

Yes. I forgot. Being good exempts you from all criticism

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched Martin Kaymer's video and he must be WRX reader. I realize that Martin was trying to be sincere with his message but he really should have thought about what he said before he said it. Tiger on the "floor"? Is he talking about the same Tiger we are? Tiger is as far away from the floor as possible. Martin is closer to the floor than Tiger. Just because Tiger can't hit a fairway and got arrested for an alleged DUI doesn't mean he is on the floor. There are billions of people out there that would trade places with Tiger this very minute, even with the pending DUI charge, back problems, knee problems, dirty rims on his Mercedes-Benz, and two-way miss. I would gladly trade my problems for Tiger's. R E L A X Martin, Tiger is gonna be okay.

I don't know how others feels, but despite all the money, I wouldn't trade places with him.

Being able to be physically active, being able to be out in public, not having to share custody of his kids. Just being able lead a normal life.

The money is nice. But right now he's pretty much living proof that it can't buy happiness. My FIL has said for years, "if you're healthy, you're wealthy".

Just how I see it.

I just watched Martin Kaymer's video and he must be WRX reader. I realize that Martin was trying to be sincere with his message but he really should have thought about what he said before he said it. Tiger on the "floor"? Is he talking about the same Tiger we are? Tiger is as far away from the floor as possible. Martin is closer to the floor than Tiger. Just because Tiger can't hit a fairway and got arrested for an alleged DUI doesn't mean he is on the floor. There are billions of people out there that would trade places with Tiger this very minute, even with the pending DUI charge, back problems, knee problems, dirty rims on his Mercedes-Benz, and two-way miss. I would gladly trade my problems for Tiger's. R E L A X Martin, Tiger is gonna be okay.

I don't know how others feels, but despite all the money, I wouldn't trade places with him.

Being able to be physically active, being able to be out in public, not having to share custody of his kids. Just being able lead a normal life.

The money is nice. But right now he's pretty much living proof that it can't buy happiness. My FIL has said for years, "if you're healthy, you're wealthy".

Just how I see it.

I with you on that one, no way I would trade places with Tiger and lose my family, lose my friends, lose my privacy, lose my health, possibly have addiction issues and be facing public disgrace. I mean what does he really have? Money and he was once one of the greatest golfers, seems like he lost just about everything else at this point. In time history will remember what he did on the course, but from the rest of his life his personal issue will taint his accomplishments.

Tiger will walk. Probably was taking his meds as prescribed and literally started sleepwalking. For those who haven't seen it yet, NYT article says a "conviction" of this sort is difficult:

http://www.nytimes.c.../25drugged.html

This will not go to trial. If it goes to trial, the urinalysis results would be a matter of public record, no jury would see that video and conclude he was not under the influence of something. Whoever prosecutes these cases in Florida will be very careful to give Tiger exactly the same deal that any John Doe defendant would receive. "Tiger Gets Special Deal" will not be a headline anyone in the prosecutors office wants to see. He will plead this out, announce that he is taking time off to get his personal life in order, enter a rehab facility and donate a million dollars to a victim relief fund.

Did you see how dirty his rims on his car were? Like he has not even gotten the '15 mercedes detailed at all. I've never seen that much brake dust on rims.

My car gets like that if it doesn't get washed in 6 months.

Like what is wrong with tiger? Has he walled himself off? I think so :(

have you ever owned a German car? They use brake pads that are notorious for that. I think BMW stood for Brakedust Manufacturing Works. :)

Yeah for a car that big, that heavy, with calipers that size, that just looked to me like a week or two of regular driving. Go take a GT3, Ferrari, or even a BMW M5 out for a week or two and then look at the wheels. Heck, go take them out for an hour and look at the wheels.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

And there it is ladies and gentleman. You can....

Read the police report and suspect he may have been under the inlfuence

Watch the dash cam video and clearly see Tigers impairment validating the suspicion.

read his statement where he admits to having done so,offers an explanation, then apoligized for it, tells the world he expects better of himself

And when you're done, if you conclude he's guilty of driving under the influence.....

You're a nazi.

Exactly, when someone admits to being guilty, the state doesn't have to prove they are guilty.

He admitted to having a reaction to the drugs that he was not expecting to occur.

You read that as an admission of guilt.

Others see it as something else going on that we should know more about before we decide to pull the switch.

I admitted to drinking a six pack of beer but didn't know that I'd get pass out drunk from beer...

Ignorance isn't an excuse.

I'm sorry but that is an ignorant comment. Drinking a 6 pack has known and 100% expected side effects.....pills don't always have known side effects and effect everyone differently, hence all of the warnings. The chances may be slim but they are there. A less extreme example is Benadryl....I take 1 and I get queasy and can't keep my eyes open...my girlfriend takes 1 and she is totally fine whereas she can't take zyrtec since it makes her light headed and it doesn't effect me in the least.

Driver: PXG Black Ops TenseiAV Raw White 65x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: Srixon MKII 18* MMT 105x
Irons: Srixon Zx7 MKII Project X 6.5
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

who translates?

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

Just how I see it.

I with you on that one, no way I would trade places with Tiger and lose my family, lose my friends, lose my privacy, lose my health, possibly have addiction issues and be facing public disgrace. I mean what does he really have? Money and he was once one of the greatest golfers, seems like he lost just about everything else at this point. In time history will remember what he did on the course, but from the rest of his life his personal issue will taint his accomplishments.

I agree....I think we would all love to have the talent and skill he has for the game and maybe some of the fame, but most certainly would not want it all and if they did, would probably change their minds after a few months. Someone like Rickie is still famous and has the benefits of it but I guarantee he can still go out to eat, go to movies without being bothered too much....same with Rory who I believe even said as much several months ago. Tiger has to live in a bubble and that takes a toll on you eventually. Same goes for various other mega star celebrities and athletes. There is a reason that when asked what is the one thing he dislike about fame and they almost universally reply "the lack of anonymity"

I haven't read much of this long, long thread.

I can't imagine anyone in their right mind could defend his actions. And on random holidays. Maybe he keeps it together on Fathers Day.

I lost all respect when the Escalade hit the tree, so call me a hater. How many times will it take for the world to see this guy is not an idol, not someone to respect and not someone to be an ambassador for the game? He's a has been and has been a has been for a long time. Possibly playing in events, actually teeing it up in events, not getting injured in the first six holes of an event, making cuts, top 50, or anything better doesn't mean anything anymore. Just another soap opera that isn't needed. Everyone desperately needs to move on.

Oh I'm sorry when was the last time u 14 majors? And I don't mean on the PlayStation u hater. Tw has more talent in his left teste than your whole family

I guess middle school is out for the summer now.

Drinking my morning coffee and having a nice laugh with that one - well played sir.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Given the horrible advice he got and followed from "Steiny" on the sex addiction/rehab bit many years ago, I will be very surprised if he claims any kind of addiction and there is any public information about rehab, even if he does it.

Beyond that, The Memorial is well underway, beautiful weekend in sight, no more time to consider problems of someone I don't know!

Richard has no room to say anything, lol!! This was his ML after his run down the street to get his godforsaken snuff last year. Yes, as you can see, he attempted to tie the bumper up with twine, lol. Brake dust? You'd have thought that his rims were deep charcoal grey and not silver. It was so bad that Ava went out and tried to clean them for him, though in fairness, he was not driving(except for his one attempt) and his vehicle was not being driven and I agree with whomever mentioned about mercedes' and BMW's with regards to dust, it's annoying, haha. Have a nice weekend guys :) Madison

is there a problem here? I don't see a problem.

FORE RIGHT!!!!

Richard has no room to say anything, lol!! This was his ML after his run down the street to get his godforsaken snuff last year. Yes, as you can see, he attempted to tie the bumper up with twine, lol. Brake dust? You'd have thought that his rims were deep charcoal grey and not silver. It was so bad that Ava went out and tried to clean them for him, though in fairness, he was not driving(except for his one attempt) and his vehicle was not being driven and I agree with whomever mentioned about mercedes' and BMW's with regards to dust, it's annoying, haha. Have a nice weekend guys :) Madison

Holy crap! Hang on Richard! I'll get some of the fellas and we'll get that bus off of you in no time. Richard!.....Richard!!!!.......STAY WITH ME!!!!!!

(Hi Ava! It's Kyman! Don't do an Oxy/Ambien combo and drive through California, while you're in Florida! and of course, stay in school!!)

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

I agree to a point but if this would have happened to Arnie Palmer, RIP , their likely would have been a great deal more understanding/compassion.

Tiger aint Arnie.

And Arnie wasn't a choir boy.

True, but if you don't have pics, it never happened :)

Have a great day/evening

RP

That generation knew how to keep its secrets.

#1, WhenTF did ya take that??? I only tied that bumper up in hopes that you didn't see it till I got my Bro to take it to the body shop, lol(I thought Ava and I were tight however she saw it, grabbed Madison and Saff, and took em out and showed em ;) )Secondly, I had a bad reaction to the dilaudid & coffee that I had never had before ? and please quit telling people that I can't see anything left of my nose when I'm looking straight ahead!!!

I thought that ya had my back?!?!?

jeezussss, I got KYMs on the board and you in the bedroom?

I know exactly how Tiger feels having all these peeps nippin at our heels!!

That's ok, I'm a bigger better person and love you all?

Stay well my Friends?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Whatever.

If we were all golf gods with billionaire status we would be doing far worse things. Give the big cat a break!

I'm all for Tiger getting a break if indeed he deserves a break. Not enough information to really know at this point.

That said and point blank in response to your comment ...No, we wouldn't. That line of thinking and attempt to justify what by appearances might be wrong behavior by anyone is just plain cynical. I have a bit more faith in humanity than that I guess. Naturally, if you would care to speak for yourself of course that is another thing, but in all fairness, it's unrealistic to think you are able to be able to speak for "us all".

In Richards defense... it doesn't look like Velcro would have held it up nearly as well.

In Richards defense... it doesn't look like Velcro would have held it up nearly as well.

Thank You?

Believe it or not I tried this "barge" cement stuff but I got tired of pressing the bumper together and it wouldn't hold. It was garbage!!

I turned it around so the nose was sorta in the bushes/trees though I guess the odd park job gave it away cuz a 6yo thought it odd enough to go investigate, lol

My decision making is sometimes lacking when I'm medicated?

Later Ed: Another thing is that for the first time I really noticed that the bumpers on a Benz are pure unadulterated dog shat!! Seriously, it's ALL plastic. I thought at least there was some metal in there. They sure don't make em like they used to. Everything's "disposable." Later, RP II

Stay well my Friend?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Thank You

Believe it or not I tried this "barge" cement stuff but I got tired of pressing the bumper together and it wouldn't hold. It was garbage!!

I turned it around so the nose was sorta in the bushes/trees though I guess the odd park job gave it away cuz a 6yo thought it odd enough to go investigate, lol

My decision making is sometimes lacking when I'm medicated

Stay well my Friend

RP

"Copenhagen is a hell of a drug"

Well if the public peers into your life and you are extremely embarrassed. Then you should be living your life differently.

I think the criticism of tiger was deserved, he walls himself off from the world, does things one shouldn't and then gets upset when his "image" is tarnished. No one likes a deceiver.

Im guessing his motive in life was to "take" from golf as much as he could and then not give back. He takes from everyone and then expects privacy.

And I am actually a tiger Fan.

So I'm a little late to this party, but I'm going to throw a few things out there and hopefully there are some LEO's on here who can throw in their 2 cents...

I am very familiar with all sorts of medications and their combination, especially post surgical. What I saw in the roadside and station video's did not appear to me to be a simple pain med/anxiety/sleeping pill reaction. There was a lot going on there from a medical assessment standpoint, and there is inconsistency in symptoms and behavior which suggests to me there is more to this than just some med reaction alone, and while I won't get into it here, I do have a theory that checks all the boxes going back a few years and makes sense.

LEO's, at what point when there's no sign of alcohol or drug use on person or vehicle do you consider medical conditions and call in for an ambulance to assess?

From my perspective (and I have an extensive trauma, EMS, ICU background) It is not readily apparent to me if I'm looking at a drunk guy, a doped up guy, someone who's blood sugar is pushing 0, someone who's stroking, someone who's experiencing brain swelling, someone who's electrolyte or ph balance is way off, or quite a few other things that could prove to be very deadly very quickly. I understand the need to put someone through a battery of tests but it was apparent very quickly that he was on another planet and there seemed to be no question or concern of a possible medical emergency.

The damage to the vehicle seems to parallel that of a car driving over a shredder spike barrier or something similar (which is a common security feature for military installations and FOB's) It's also becoming more popular with private security firms. Tiger could have damaged his vehicle driving out of his own driveway.

I am aware there's a bit of speculation here, but apparently not as much as initial news reports.

So, What I see is a guy not coming from a party or driving around irresponsibly... I see a guy who may have been home by himself, lounging in gym clothes, either took some meds and and a reaction, or was having some type of medical episode... couldn't even tie his shoes, forgot to disengage the spike barrier... f'd up his rims, flatted his tires, damaged the bumpers and was trying to drive for help... at some point he pulls over (which is better than slamming into a tree) and the rest is history.

I also doubt the pain med dependency issue, these are not the symptoms I would expect for someone who's body has become used to and dependent on narcs... unless he's been hitting them so long his liver is blown out, which does not appear in any way to be the case at all.

Well if the public peers into your life and you are extremely embarrassed. Then you should be living your life differently.

I think the criticism of tiger was deserved, he walls himself off from the world, does things one shouldn't and then gets upset when his "image" is tarnished. No one likes a deceiver.

Im guessing his motive in life was to "take" from golf as much as he could and then not give back. He takes from everyone and then expects privacy.

I remember seeing an interview with Arnold Palmer a long time ago. TW and another golfer (don't remember who, but a well known name), were complaining to Arnold about signing autographs. Palmer basically said, if you don't want to sign autographs you don't have to...just pick up your clubs and go home. He said no one is forced into this job and all the perks that go with it, but if one is going to play professional golf then there are certain obligations that go with it.

Except he does give a lot back through golf via his foundation and charity contributions. He doesn't owe golf anything, he made golf what it is today. And anyone who is scrutinized on a daily basis as much as him would shut the world out too and withdraw into themselves as it creates a sense of privacy...The one thing he doesn't and can't really ever have unless he is home. I'm not saying he hasn't made mistakes, he obviously has but has also admitted to them when he was in the wrong. The difference is everyone is harder on him because of who he is. I've seen married golf club members fool around with waitresses in the parking lot while their wife was golfing and wives sleeping with the tennis pro while the husband is at work. Both of which are well known to staff, members, etc. and yet everyone will say, "John is a good guy; Julie is such a nice person, blah blah". But Tiger does something and it's "What a Jerk, he should pay for what he did, etc." Celebrities are people just like everyone else and they all have their own issues. The difference is they can hide it due to people on their payroll who are hired to cover stuff up for them. Charles Barkley, another one....well known philanderer...but everyone around town here goes on about what a cool and genuinely nice guy he is, they love CB. It's not fair to judge someone by their mistakes, but judge them by who they are on a daily basis.