Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

There is no lack of armchair medicine men around here

None whatsoever.....

Or any other "armchair" expert you'd wanna find(or not)-

Why don't you start a thread, lay down the ground rules and see how it rolls?

It'll take a tad more than a witty one liner, that I promise ya?

Stay well,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBF DFish flipped his vehicle and had a passenger. He's looking at a much more severe penalty than Tiger most likely. If he blew .16 or above he's really in deep shite.

Nah, Matt Barnes made him do it! :taunt:

Damn, ^^^this^^^ dude is prophetic!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/report-derek-fisher-dui-car-is-registered-to-matt-barnes/ar-BBCio9g?li=BBnba9I

I'm tired of all this Tiger hate. The prescribing physician, Tiger's pharmacist, the FDA, and the manufacturer of his pills all have roles in this situation ever becoming a reality.

im tired of the "personal responsibility" arguments and "so and so can't be responsible" and all that chicken excrement. IT DID HAPPEN; A MAN RECOVERING FROM SURGERY ENDED UP IN A MOTOR VEHICLE IN A SEVERELY-IMPAIRED STATE FROM DRUGS PRESCRIBED TO HIM BY HIS PHYSICIAN, FILLED BY HIS PHARMACIST, REGULATED BY THE FDA, AND MANUFACTURED BY A DRUG COMPANY.

Tiger is part of the equation, but not all of it.

Not all of it is "hate". Many posts simply offer an opinion that differs from yours...that isn't "hate". Hate would be a lot of name calling and vitriol piled on TW.

I have had the misfortune to be on a lot of different medications. A few things I know:

1. The prescribing physician will make sure that the new prescription does not conflict with any other medications the patient is on.

2. The prescribing physician will discuss the side effects of the medication(s), as well as letting the patient know how it should be taken.

3. If it's a new medication, the pharmacist will ask the patient if he has any questions regarding the medication.

4. Prescription bottles will not only dictate the dosage needed to be taken and when, it will also include a plethora of warnings (if necessary), including, but not limited to: may cause drowsiness, do not operated heavy machinery, do not drive, take with food, etc.

Now, does the aforementioned meet your criteria as "hate"?

A lot of folks assume that Tiger was forthright in disclosing all of the meds that he is or has been taking. It is a distinct possibility that Tiger has been provided with prescriptions, either illegally or questionably legally. If so, he would not disclose those to his current physician in order to protect his source.

I would be stunned if this were the case-

I know that anything is possible however unless he is wayyyyyy further down the road than I believe him to be, I don't believe that he's "shopping," and if he is, it comes up on the radar like a neon sign.

Then, you have the issue that it is very very very difficult to "shop" if the Physician uses a Prescription pad and said script is filled by an American pharmacy, lol.

I can only speak for Pennsylvania however every single prescription that is written for a schedule II-V drug is documented on this site. The prescribing physician has until the following end of business day to enter the pertinent information. Also, the pharmacy filling this script must also go in and enter the required information.

http://www.health.pa.gov/Your-Department-of-Health/Offices%20and%20Bureaus/PaPrescriptionDrugMonitoringProgram/Pages/PDMP-Portal.aspx#.WTnI1d33aEc

Most states have a similar monitoring agency, and their staff will usually enter a new patient's name prior to prescribing a schedule II-V drug to see if they have been anywhere prior.

Nothing is full proof however unless someone hits the streets, it is very very very difficult for a doc to abuse his scripting privileges for much longer than 3-6 months by the time and usually much much sooner as the pharmacies now being in the loop and everything being tied in together, if I fill a script in PA, my name comes up as does every single script that I've had filled in the last year regardless of where it was filled or who wrote the script-

Have a great evening Bro?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I'm tired of all this Tiger hate. The prescribing physician, Tiger's pharmacist, the FDA, and the manufacturer of his pills all have roles in this situation ever becoming a reality.

im tired of the "personal responsibility" arguments and "so and so can't be responsible" and all that chicken excrement. IT DID HAPPEN; A MAN RECOVERING FROM SURGERY ENDED UP IN A MOTOR VEHICLE IN A SEVERELY-IMPAIRED STATE FROM DRUGS PRESCRIBED TO HIM BY HIS PHYSICIAN, FILLED BY HIS PHARMACIST, REGULATED BY THE FDA, AND MANUFACTURED BY A DRUG COMPANY.

Not all of it is "hate". Many posts simply offer an opinion that differs from yours...that isn't "hate". Hate would be a lot of name calling and vitriol piled on TW.

I have had the misfortune to be on a lot of different medications. A few things I know:

1. The prescribing physician will make sure that the new prescription does not conflict with any other medications the patient is on.

2. The prescribing physician will discuss the side effects of the medication(s), as well as letting the patient know how it should be taken.

3. If it's a new medication, the pharmacist will ask the patient if he has any questions regarding the medication.

4. Prescription bottles will not only dictate the dosage needed to be taken and when, it will also include a plethora of warnings (if necessary), including, but not limited to: may cause drowsiness, do not operated heavy machinery, do not drive, take with food, etc.

Now, does the aforementioned meet your criteria as "hate"?

A lot of folks assume that Tiger was forthright in disclosing all of the meds that he is or has been taking. It is a distinct possibility that Tiger has been provided with prescriptions, either illegally or questionably legally. If so, he would not disclose those to his current physician in order to protect his source.

I would be stunned if this were the case-

I know that anything is possible however unless he is wayyyyyy further down the road than I believe him to be, I don't believe that he's "shopping," and if he is, it comes up on the radar like a neon sign.

Then, you have the issue that it is very very very difficult to "shop" if the Physician uses a Prescription pad and said script is filled by an American pharmacy, lol.

I can only speak for Pennsylvania however every single prescription that is written for a schedule II-V drug is documented on this site. The prescribing physician has until the following end of business day to enter the pertinent information. Also, the pharmacy filling this script must also go in and enter the required information.

http://www.health.pa...px#.WTnI1d33aEc

Most states have a similar monitoring agency, and their staff will usually enter a new patient's name prior to prescribing a schedule II-V drug to see if they have been anywhere prior.

Nothing is full proof however unless someone hits the streets, it is very very very difficult for a doc to abuse his scripting privileges for much longer than 3-6 months by the time and usually much much sooner as the pharmacies now being in the loop and everything being tied in together, if I fill a script in PA, my name comes up as does every single script that I've had filled in the last year regardless of where it was filled or who wrote the script-

Have a great evening Bro

RP

The Federal Controlled Substances Act of 1972 is applicable nationwide. Covers Schedule II, III, IV.

We carry Schedule II meds Fentanyl and Morphine; highly restricted in purchase and heavily controlled/monitored. We also carry Schedule IV meds Ativan and Versed which, while not quite as controlled, are still covered in the law.

If they wrote him a legal script in the US there are records.

Not sure what Schedule the muscle relaxers may fall under - thinking IV but not certain and don't want to bother looking it up. Almost certainly someone else will. LOL.

BTW, Richard - your one liner - start your own thread was priceless! Bombs away........

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Then breweries and grocery stores are also responsible for all drunk drivers.

I get over served all the time

Bars can be held liable for Drunk driving.

At least in my state.

X mas time 2015. Someone was at a Hooters and drank a bunch of beer in a short amount then of time. Clearly enough to be paired.

He didn't get 1/4 mile down the road. Hit a cop who had a DD pulled over. The officer hit his head and was pronounced brain dead a week later.

That restaurant? Out of business. Closed within the year. To avoid lawsuits and other issues they agreed to close.

At least in my state.

X mas time 2015. Someone was at a Hooters and drank a bunch of beer in a short amount then of time. Clearly enough to be paired.

He didn't get 1/4 mile down the road. Hit a cop who had a DD pulled over. The officer hit his head and was pronounced brain dead a week later.

That restaurant? Out of business. Closed within the year. To avoid lawsuits and other issues they agreed to close.

Sort of a comparison of apples versus car batteries here.

When a doc gives you a prescription it comes with instructions that are printed right on the bottle. Along with applicable warnings and such. The pharmacy is sort of a middleman (in some cases - because there are times patients can actually get the Rx right there at the MD's office) and even asked "Do you have any questions about your prescription?"

And off you go with your meds.

The doctor isn't there knowingly giving you too many or mixing them making things even more dangerous. Nor is the pharmacist.

But...

The barkeep is sitting right there. Knowingly serving someone who is wasted even more. And then, to top that off, they are also there when the customer leaves.

So yes, bars have been held accountable when they served too many and allowed the drinker to wonder on out, get into their car, and drive off. Happened to a bar locally.

But I don't know of any doctor or pharmacist who has been brought into a case such as Tiger's.

If this were the case a lot of those pain clinic docs would be facing some serious legal issues beyond being investigated for distributing too many meds to too many patients. I cannot count the number of times I have personally responded to someone under the influence of a narcotic who wrecked into something. I have testified in several cases - both criminal and civil. Not once did a case involve the docs who wrote the scripts.

But I can imagine one funny aspect of this thought process. Imagine if someone busted for DUI for an illicit substance and they tried to blame their dealer. Probably not going to happen.

I just get the impression that there are two kinds of members here going way out on the limb to defend Tiger:

1. Those who are so incredibly loyal as fans that they cannot fathom that he could have done something so selfish, dangerous, and irresponsible without the "help" of others who are clearly equally, if not more, at fault.

2. Those who are just posting troll posts to stir things up and aren't really adding anything to the thread but are just coming in and doing the hit and run tactic; post something controversial and then sit back and watch the fireworks.

In the end Tiger will end up going through the court system and he will either be held accountable or not. But the thought that this doctors, pharmacist, Aunt Martha, or three members here might also be hauled in and forced to answer for his DUI is absurd. I would love for them to cite just one case - just one single case where a DUI from prescription meds netted the docs/pharm involved some sort of sentence. Should be interesting to see if anyone is able to show some caselaw that proves that this "theory" holds water.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

At least in my state.

When a doc gives you a prescription it comes with instructions that are printed right on the bottle. Along with applicable warnings and such. The pharmacy is sort of a middleman (in some cases - because there are times patients can actually get the Rx right there at the MD's office) and even asked "Do you have any questions about your prescription?"

The doctor isn't there knowingly giving you too many or mixing them making things even more dangerous. Nor is the pharmacist.

But...

The barkeep is sitting right there. Knowingly serving someone who is wasted even more. And then, to top that off, they are also there when the customer leaves.

So yes, bars have been held accountable when they served too many and allowed the drinker to wonder on out, get into their car, and drive off. Happened to a bar locally.

But I don't know of any doctor or pharmacist who has been brought into a case such as Tiger's.

If this were the case a lot of those pain clinic docs would be facing some serious legal issues beyond being investigated for distributing too many meds to too many patients. I cannot count the number of times I have personally responded to someone under the influence of a narcotic who wrecked into something. I have testified in several cases - both criminal and civil. Not once did a case involve the docs who wrote the scripts.

But I can imagine one funny aspect of this thought process. Imagine if someone busted for DUI for an illicit substance and they tried to blame their dealer. Probably not going to happen.

I just get the impression that there are two kinds of members here going way out on the limb to defend Tiger:

1. Those who are so incredibly loyal as fans that they cannot fathom that he could have done something so selfish, dangerous, and irresponsible without the "help" of others who are clearly equally, if not more, at fault.

2. Those who are just posting troll posts to stir things up and aren't really adding anything to the thread but are just coming in and doing the hit and run tactic; post something controversial and then sit back and watch the fireworks.

In the end Tiger will end up going through the court system and he will either be held accountable or not. But the thought that this doctors, pharmacist, Aunt Martha, or three members here might also be hauled in and forced to answer for his DUI is absurd. I would love for them to cite just one case - just one single case where a DUI from prescription meds netted the docs/pharm involved some sort of sentence. Should be interesting to see if anyone is able to show some caselaw that proves that this "theory" holds water.

I was only talking about bars being liable. No Dr's or pharmacy's.

Agree if done properly we can't be them accountable.

At least in my state.

But...

"I just get the impression that there are two kinds of members here going way out on the limb to defend Tiger:

2. Those who are just posting troll posts to stir things up and aren't really adding anything to the thread but are just coming in and doing the hit and run tactic; post something controversial and then sit back and watch the fireworks."

Can one be both?

Med to the C! Life saver.

You da man ; )

Can one be both?

Absolutely!

I just wonder what in the world he hit. Might have been in the news and I somehow missed it.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

OK..... Not following at all.

I don't go out on limbs nor do I own any spoons in which to stir pots.

Also, I admire what Tiger has done in golf. I am in no way a fan boy.

My reply wasn't directed towards anything you've posted.

I think you and I are just about in the same boat on this one. Would love for the guy to get his life back on track and win at least one more major. I almost ALWAYS root for the underdog. But IMHO the key to his comeback will be getting his personal life back on track. And the foundation of that will be looking in the mirror, recognizing that the problems he has were of his own making, and go forward all the better by having learned and grown by them.

Everyone makes mistakes. Wise men learn from them. Fools don't.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

I think you and I are just about in the same boat on this one. Would love for the guy to get his life back on track and win at least one more major. I almost ALWAYS root for the underdog. But IMHO the key to his comeback will be getting his personal life back on track. And the foundation of that will be looking in the mirror, recognizing that the problems he has were of his own making, and go forward all the better by having learned and grown by them.

Didn't think your response was to me... It appeared the other was. However, I am laid up on pain meds.. ironic eh??? So, I may not understand what I'm reading.. and I'm all over this site right now. Should probably log off.

I agree, we have a similar feeling on this.

BTW. Not a car key in reach. I could use a gun to shoot my TV however. Damn Penguins.

Didn't think your response was to me... It appeared the other was. However, I am laid up on pain meds.. ironic eh??? So, I may not understand what I'm reading.. and I'm all over this site right now. Should probably log off.

I agree, we have a similar feeling on this.

BTW. Not a car key in reach. I could use a gun to shoot my TV however. Damn Penguins.

Roku my friend. Then go onto Youtube and watch some golf vlogs.

Hope you are on the mend and it's nothing serious.

Wait....

Penguins?????

Oh my. Yeah, I could see where you would need the pain meds. : )

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Pain management. Had a big tumor removed from my femur years ago. They cut through everything to get it out. Nerve damage. Then the incision will "swell" in spots.

When those two things happen. . Look out. I will fall asleep soon.

Peace.

Get well soon. Can't imagine that pain....

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Can one be both?

Absolutely!

I just wonder what in the world he hit. Might have been in the news and I somehow missed it.

Did they say he hit the curb?

Thats nothing.

One time, think I was 16, I was checking out this babe in my rear view as I was making a turn

Bam!

Ran over a stop sign.

She was cracking up ; )

And if true....ding, ding ding...we have our answer.

Xanax and Vicodin is a big no-no.

When my Mom was fighting the pain from pancreatic cancer she rotated narcotics and the doctor proscribed xanax along with [them] at bedtime to help ease her into sleep. And it surely worked. Tiger was actually in better shape when he was arrested then Mom was on that stuff...but essentially the same type of nonsensical behavior.

Of course Mom wasn't driving an AMG around the streets....talking to relatives that had passed away 30 years ago and offering unsolicited advice to the nurses about their love life...yeah. But no driving.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

Xanax is a powerful anti-anxiety med, but users tend to become habituated. According to WebMD, DO NOT drive while using.

It's like a mild form of Valium. Lots of people take it for anxiety and/or to help them sleep. Mixing it with any depressant is a big no-no. And until and unless you have taken enough of it to get an idea of how it might affect you, the best thing you can do if you take it is just stay home.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Xanax is a powerful anti-anxiety med, but users tend to become habituated. According to WebMD, DO NOT drive while using.

It's like a mild form of Valium. Lots of people take it for anxiety and/or to help them sleep. Mixing it with any depressant is a big no-no. And until and unless you have taken enough of it to get an idea of how it might affect you, the best thing you can do if you take it is just stay home.

I was on Xanax for a while. With pain comes an anxiety component. But like any drug as, your body gets used to it, you have to up the dose to have the same effect.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

You know what else is really unsafe (and illegal in nearly every state)?

Texting while driving.

But I'm sure none of the sanctimonious posters in this thread ever, let alone regularly, engage in such a thing, for they know how selfish, stupid, and irresponsible 'driving distracted' is.

You've forgotten that texting is somewhat new. With that being the case, rest assured a lot of us older folks have never texted and driven at the same time. Myself included. I love the Tiger fanbois still defending their daddy. Go back and watch that dashcam video. Keep watching it until it sinks into your head that what he did was wrong and the situation could have been much, much worse. Mixing Xanax and Vicodin is careless. He's admitted his mistake and is moving on. His fanbois should do the same.

Texting while driving.

But I'm sure none of the sanctimonious posters in this thread ever, let alone regularly, engage in such a thing, for they know how selfish, stupid, and irresponsible 'driving distracted' is.

You've forgotten that texting is somewhat new. With that being the case, rest assured a lot of us older folks have never texted and driven at the same time. Myself included. I love the Tiger fanbois still defending their daddy. Go back and watch that dashcam video. Keep watching it until it sinks into your head that what he did was wrong and the situation could have been much, much worse. Mixing Xanax and Vicodin is careless. He's admitted his mistake and is moving on. His fanbois should do the same.

"Mixing Xanax and Vicodin is careless"

Sounds like you speak from experience. Is this the case?

Me, I never take drugs. All of my personality disorders are perfectly aligned to offset themselves into the ultimately disordered (yet functional ; ) personality that you see.

Any tampering would set off a chain of episodes that would cascade into neurosis (and potential psychosis)to the extent that the most advanced minds would be shaken to the point of questioning the very existence of the foundations of medical science.

; )

Texting while driving.

Not sure of your point here.

I gather that you are saying "People do stupid things all of the time so no one here should find fault with Tiger doing something stupid."

But the difference is that Tiger is quite literally a world figure. He sets an example that others are quite possibly going to follow. And so he is held to a sort of higher standard of behavior.

There is an irony though. The tone of your reply is nothing short of sanctimonious when you consider the definition. (making a show of being morally superior to other people - Online Dictionary)

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Texting while driving.

"Mixing Xanax and Vicodin is careless"

Sounds like you speak from experience. Is this the case?

Me, I never take drugs. All of my personality disorders are perfectly aligned to offset themselves into the ultimately disordered personality that you see.

Any tampering would set off a chain of episodes that would cascade into neurosis (and potential psychosis)to the extent that the most advanced minds would be shaken to the point of questioning the very existence of the foundations of medical science.

; )

Now THAT is a sanctimonious reply.....

: )

I like that word. Going to be the word of the rest of the day. So I have about an hour and a half to use it.

Edit: I actually found a couple of other threads to use it in! Here's a little challenge for you while awaiting the urine results. Without looking at my profile see if you can go and find them.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft