2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

What putter do you use and love? and why?

tsecor

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cameron GoLo Select Black circa 2012. Have a number of Pings in the basement from an Anser 4 BeCu to an old My Echo. Owned numerous Odysseys. Picked this GoLo up a few months ago and it has turned my putting around. Puts a terrific roll on the ball. Feels good in the hands. And, has instilled confidence back in a flatstick. We've had some good discussion, this putter and I. Seems the more I talk to her, the better she performs. If that's love, well......

All I know is after playing the toe up for about a year now is that I am definitely a center shafted slightly on-set kind of guy. Love the toe up and it has definitely helped my putting. Only wish that the bottom was smooth (it is a giant cavity, I assume for weight purposes). Edel has peeked my interest with their toe balanced offerings

Scotty Select Newport M1 mallet with 1.0 Flatso grip. The putter really started to shine when I put the Flatso on it, feels like I can make anything.

• Callaway Epic Max Mitsubishi MMT 60X
  • Callaway Epic Max  3W 14.5* Mitsubishi MMT 70X
  • Ping G410 Hybrid 19* Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 TX
  • Mizuno HMB 4 iron, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 
  • Mizuno MMC 5-PW, KBS $-Taper 130x
  • Titleist Vokey SM7 52F, Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56, and Vokey SM8 60M
  • Odyssey White OG 7s

Odyssey Milled Collection #2 with the original blue grip - this putter is very accurate and gives me total confidence.

ATTENTION:  Views expressed are my opinions based on my experiences playing golf.  I reserve the right to change my opinions - without notice. 

Titleist u505 2 iron / Srixon ZX4 4 iron / Titleist 704.CB irons  / Titleist Wedges-S Grind / SeeMore M7x 

I am like an under 10's soccer coach - they all get a run and see how they go. I have a fair collection of putters and to be honest, everyone one of them is made better than I can hit them so it just depends on the mood. I should say though, that I am 'old school' and this is a mallet head free zone (the Cameron Delmar Button Back snuck in on it's looks).

Rob

I am like an under 10's soccer coach - they all get a run and see how they go. I have a fair collection of putters and to be honest, everyone one of them is made better than I can hit them so it just depends on the mood. I should say though, that I am 'old school' and this is a mallet head free zone (the Cameron Delmar Button Back snuck in on it's looks).

Rob

Still waiting for your reply in the Tad Moore thread Rob :)

Right, on topic, I've got a Betti BB1 that I adore both the looks and the performance of.

But I'm really swinging round to 8802 styles. Love the looks and simplicity of them and I've started to collect them. The Yonex Super ADX Forged mentioned above is a beauty. They will take over from the Betti now, but she'll still be there waiting in the wings.

Cameron GoLo Select Black circa 2012. Have a number of Pings in the basement from an Anser 4 BeCu to an old My Echo. Owned numerous Odysseys. Picked this GoLo up a few months ago and it has turned my putting around. Puts a terrific roll on the ball. Feels good in the hands. And, has instilled confidence back in a flatstick. We've had some good discussion, this putter and I. Seems the more I talk to her, the better she performs. If that's love, well......

how is the weight on this? My scotty feels too heavy in the head

Odyssey Rossie for me. Easy to line up, doesn't give me any false visuals like squarer and longer heads do. And the face-balance and center of gravity position combine so that there's no over-rotation or anti-rotation; just the feeling of my hands going back and forth (Which is what you want, in my opinion)

Mannkrafted sunset beach throwback yaupon. love the look and unique finish, and I love that I was very involved is its build. its unique to me.

9.5* GBB Epic w/ RT Technologies Zeus 75g
16.5* Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 w/ RT Technologies Zeus 85g
20* Itobori Hybrid w/ RT Technologies Midas 98g
Epon AF Tour CB w/ AMT DG X100 4-PW
MannKrafted Custom 51* & 56* w/ AMT DG X100
MannKrafted Yaupon
Vice Force Stand Bag
Vice Pro Plus

Odyssey Rossie for me. Easy to line up, doesn't give me any false visuals like squarer and longer heads do. And the face-balance and center of gravity position combine so that there's no over-rotation or anti-rotation; just the feeling of my hands going back and forth (Which is what you want, in my opinion)

I tried this at the PGA SS and couldn't miss. for some reason I didn't buy it but it did line up great. It was a boring design to me which I know is stupid....it made putts!!! I should have purchased it when I had the chance

Just switched to a Bettinardi Queen Bee 9 from a TM Spider (7-8 years old, not new versions). The face feels great and the way it looks sitting behind the ball inspires so much confidence. A little mallet like yet still compact. Face feels great when you hit the sweet spot, and you get plenty of feedback if you dont

TaylorMade TP Mullen 34 Inch with a SuperStroke Pistol 1.0 grip.. I used it in Florida in the spring.. Took it out for a few months.. It is back in the bag to stay.. Has the best feel and roll of anything I have putted with in the last few years.. Only change I would make to it would be to put a SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 grip on it as it is my most comfortable grip..

Gil Leonard

See my signature. I drain a crap load of putts with this putter! Weight, face respond and stability = Mikey likes it!

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

I can't tell you how many putters I've gone through in the last 3 years, not to mention how many r in the basement. I putter with a 46" SC big sur for the better part of 15 years. The USGA made me adjust to their BS ruling and I've taken their challenge and am back to the sweeper and putting as good as I can.

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 5 Wood w/ TD-70-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

PXG 0317t w/steelfiber i95-S 5-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

a lot of great micro putters on here. I have been with Grace for two decades sportin the dove tail series Snyper 36" and Cross Bow 43" . tried many different styles from oem's but, I love the feel of the aircraft aluminum and cooper.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

My regular gamer for the past 2+ years has been a custom Byron Morgan Epic Day putter. This is the shape of the Ping My Day (or Ping Zing with Plumber's Neck). My putter has a long pipe neck instead of the Plumber's Neck. I have put in a custom Byron Morgan DaKine Pear Shape Long Neck putter as well. Both are serving me very well. Byron makes outstanding putters and is so easy to work with.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

2014 Scotty Squareback is in the bag. I can't say that it's perfect, since I wasn't fit, but it's the best putter I've ever used. The shape of the head combined with the cross really fits my eye. I'm putting better than I ever have with it.

I do keep a Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7 on backup for when I walk the unkept goat tracks after work. This thing is uncontrollable for me on fast greens, but rolls effortlessly over the shaggy ones.

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

For the first time in my golfing life, last year found a putter I really feel good with. Picked up an Odyssey Works Versa 1W. With the slightly wider sole, it's midway between a blade and mallet, and the double bend shaft is great for me. I found it on the used rack, but it couldn't have actually been anywhere other than a practice green. It looked as brand new, as brand new gets, sans plastic wrap. Put a Superstroke Mid 2.0 on it, and now it's my favorite putter I've ever owned.

I still have a Cleveland Classic 1, that I picked up cheap about 3 seasons ago. I play it every now and again for a change of pace, or if I'm mad at my Odyssey... but it never lasts long. I always find myself going back to my trusty 1W.