Ping G400 Drivers

GolfWRX

I have been using a Tour AD TP 6s 44.5 and hit some weird high balls but was longer at times than my M2, I just ordered a 665 Evo II stiff and we will see if that helps a tad. In fairness I hit this driver well when I just got it but I am in OH and when I played Friday it was 50 degree max with substantial wind. Great driver the feel and sound are incredible compared to previous Ping models.

Playing a 10 degree LST head.

Signature of Solon CC

Ping g430 10k 9 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

TM Qi10 max 16 

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max Blue Head Tpt shaft 34/71

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does sound better to my ears than the Epic - Epic has a higher pitched sound that is not as pleasant as lines of recent past - probably due to Jail Break, which firms everything up.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

Anyone go from a King LTD to the g400? I️ like the LTD but hitting the g400 in the store felt so easy. High ball flight, great carry and just wanted to go straight. Just don’t know if I’d really be gaining much...

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* HZRDUS blue PVD 60s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Nike VFP 4i KBS CTL 115

Ping i230 5-P  KBS CTL 115

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless custom 34"

Anyone go from a King LTD to the g400? I️ like the LTD but hitting the g400 in the store felt so easy. High ball flight, great carry and just wanted to go straight. Just don’t know if I’d really be gaining much...

Having played both... I'd say you would not likely gain much if anything distance or dispersion wise between the two heads... the difference would be mostly feel and sound imo. Don't get me wrong I really like the G400... but the LTD could have stayed in my bag and I would have been just as happy.

Having played both... I'd say you would not likely gain much if anything distance or dispersion wise between the two heads... the difference would be mostly feel and sound imo. Don't get me wrong I really like the G400... but the LTD could have stayed in my bag and I would have been just as happy.

Thanks... I was kind of figuring this would be the answer but I have this driver itch lately.... I better calm down.

Nike VFP 4i KBS CTL 115

I have not hit the G400 yet, but should get extra forgiveness out of the G400 head. The G400 should be higher spin. The G400 LST would probably be a more similar comparison, with more forgiveness over the LTD.

I have not hit the G400 yet, but should get extra forgiveness out of the G400 head. The G400 should be higher spin. The G400 LST would probably be a more similar comparison, with more forgiveness over the LTD.

Couldn't help it.... I pulled the trigger on a 9* tour 65 stiff combo. Took it out of the bin just to try out and even my mis hit fades were carrying 250+ with good strikes carrying in the 270 range.... I realize it's tough to trust the monitors but I have to see if this translates at all to the course.

Bighook... I feel you are correct. Judging by ball flights on the monitor, this thing feels so much easier to keep in play and hit straight. Plus, swing speeds were reading 3-4 mph faster than I normally swing, so hard to tell but it does feel easy to swing faster. I'll check back in after some course time, but if it carries over, the LTDs will be going.... and I really like the two I have....

Nike VFP 4i KBS CTL 115

Couldn't help it.... I pulled the trigger on a 9* tour 65 stiff combo. Took it out of the bin just to try out and even my mis hit fades were carrying 250+ with good strikes carrying in the 270 range.... I realize it's tough to trust the monitors but I have to see if this translates at all to the course.

Bighook... I feel you are correct. Judging by ball flights on the monitor, this thing feels so much easier to keep in play and hit straight. Plus, swing speeds were reading 3-4 mph faster than I normally swing, so hard to tell but it does feel easy to swing faster. I'll check back in after some course time, but if it carries over, the LTDs will be going.... and I really like the two I have....

Nice, keep us posted. I haven't had a chance to try the G400 yet, but it is on my list. Driver is a club I struggle with and even though I'm a big fan of monitors and data, it doesn't always translate to on course performance, probably more based on confidence.

I tried going with the M1 this year and it just didn't work, so I'm moving on from that. I lose confidence in drivers quite quickly and need something new and different to start from scratch.

Nice, keep us posted. I haven't had a chance to try the G400 yet, but it is on my list. Driver is a club I struggle with and even though I'm a big fan of monitors and data, it doesn't always translate to on course performance, probably more based on confidence.

I tried going with the M1 this year and it just didn't work, so I'm moving on from that. I lose confidence in drivers quite quickly and need something new and different to start from scratch.

This sounds like me, I always end up back with a Titleist driver, but if the G400 can stay straight, which it seems to want to do, I may have a long term partnership finally. I didn't quite have luck with the G30s, weren't horrible but no better than my 913D2, launch monitor numbers with the G400 are blowing everything besides the LTD out of the water.

Nike VFP 4i KBS CTL 115

G400 was very impressive in testing today on PING range, for me the LST head prevailed once again. Rotated in and out numerous shafts and the Fujikura Atmos Black was the last one standing. FWIW not at all a shaft that was on my mind going into things, but such a very tight shot dispersion revealed itself after several rounds of hitting, giving me zero hesitation in the final selection of it. Over the next two days more range time & 36 holes to get first impressions of the completed driver.

G400 LST was really good out there today. Having played G LST (always thought that driver was fantastic) G400 may possibly be a touch more accurate in this combo with the Fujikura Atmos. And the feel/sound of G400 is really pleasant, far different than the polarizing G30 or even G in the sound department.

anyone try with a speeder 665 ts?

Signature of Solon CC

Ping g430 10k 9 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

TM Qi10 max 16 

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max Blue Head Tpt shaft 34/71

I had my Fujikura Vista Pro 55 re-tipped for my G400 and it's been awesome. Love this driver.

Titleist TSR4 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

Had my G400 9* at the range today... range balls do not do this thing justice. It was super easy to hit where I wanted to and much easier to turn over than the previous models for me. Range balls were carrying to my normal spot, 245-250ish, but after I was out of balls I took two old Pro Vs out of my bag and decided to let them go... two bombs, short one hoppers to the fence which is 275 out... I will always be ok with that. Will see how it does on the course tomorrow but I am really excited to get it out there.

Nike VFP 4i KBS CTL 115

Thanks... I was kind of figuring this would be the answer but I have this driver itch lately.... I better calm down.

...3 hours later...

Couldn't help it.... I pulled the trigger on a 9* tour 65 stiff combo.

Gotta love WRX.

Anybody have thoughts on head/shaft combo for someone coming from a 2016 M2, AD TP 6X? SS around 110-112. Generally I have more issues with low launch (even with a + AoA) rather than high spin. I fooled around with the G400 and some different shafts at the PGATSS earlier this week...seemed like I was getting 3-4 more mph of ball speed. I don't think they had a single X stiff shaft though besides the HZDRUS 6.5 and I hit that like garbage.

...3 hours later...

Gotta love WRX.

Anybody have thoughts on head/shaft combo for someone coming from a 2016 M2, AD TP 6X? SS around 110-112. Generally I have more issues with low launch (even with a + AoA) rather than high spin. I fooled around with the G400 and some different shafts at the PGATSS earlier this week...seemed like I was getting 3-4 more mph of ball speed. I don't think they had a single X stiff shaft though besides the HZDRUS 6.5 and I hit that like garbage.

Try a copper x.

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

...3 hours later...

Gotta love WRX.

I would try a Tensei Pro White or Orange with a higher loft.

...3 hours later...

Gotta love WRX.

It was a major itch I had to scratch!!!

Nike VFP 4i KBS CTL 115

...3 hours later...

Gotta love WRX.

Tensei Orange

...3 hours later...

Gotta love WRX.

Like the copper 70x and for the upcharge price it’s a cheap experiment, should be able to get double what you paid if it doesn’t work.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Interested in trying out the Copper 60s shaft in the G400. Haven't had a ping driver since the G2, but seems like the G400 series is getting great reviews.

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

Got mine out to the course today for the first time. Unreal.

And not in a good way. I’m sure most of it was me but nothing from the store demo and good range session I had with it showed up today. I think I hit two fairways all day. Most everything was left and low. It was really frustrating. I’m thinking of trying a higher lofted head, I really do like the way it sets up and feels... will try it again in a couple days and see if I can figure it out.

Nike VFP 4i KBS CTL 115

I enjoyed the copper but spun a little to much. Dropped a black xtorsion in. Not a fan of the feel but nothing but high bombs with it set at 8 degrees

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

Got mine out to the course today for the first time. Unreal.

And not in a good way. I’m sure most of it was me but nothing from the store demo and good range session I had with it showed up today. I think I hit two fairways all day. Most everything was left and low. It was really frustrating. I’m thinking of trying a higher lofted head, I really do like the way it sets up and feels... will try it again in a couple days and see if I can figure it out.

If you decide to move up loft, let me know. I have a 10.5 and am looking to go down in loft.

Cobra RADspeed Ventus Black 6X

Taylormade Sim Ti 15* Ventus Red 7x

Taylormade P790 UDI 2 Iron Hzrdus Smoke Black 100g 6.5

Srixon ZX7 4-PW C Taper 130X ssx1

Titleist SM6 50, 54, 

Taylormade Hi Toe 58

Evnroll ER2

Tried the G400 with Tour 65 shaft and found same distance as Epic but much better feel and sound. Picked mine up today. Early thoughts, very easy to hit draws and just generally stupid easy to hit well.

Can't wait to see on course results

Today was first outing on course. Very windy today and my striking was average to say the least. The driver however made me look good all day, I'm really impressed with the G400 with the Tour shaft..