Sergio leaving TM

kmo

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rory washed up at age 28 has got to be the worst reoccurring theme of 2017 golfwrx.com.

He has a bright future ahead of him if he wants it. His focus the last 2 years was clearly not on golf which is ok as real life changes and takes a minute to stabilize. I predict 2018 will be a very good year for him especially with Tiger back in action. Equipment is figured out, Tiger is back, married, ... the list goes on. Rory will win a major next year as will Tiger.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Rory washed up at age 28 has got to be the worst reoccurring theme of 2017 golfwrx.com.

He has a bright future ahead of him if he wants it. The last few years especially this year has been unwhelmingly bad for him. His focus was clearly not on golf which is ok as real life changes and takes a minute to stabilize. I predict 2018 will be a very good year for Rory especially with Tiger back in action.

He may not have won this year but he still had 8 Top 10s...so it could have been a lot worse.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

He has a bright future ahead of him if he wants it. His focus the last 2 years was clearly not on golf which is ok as real life changes and takes a minute to stabilize. I predict 2018 will be a very good year for him especially with Tiger back in action. Equipment is figured out, Tiger is back, married, ... the list goes on. Rory will win a major next year as will Tiger.

Rory possibly. Tiger? No chance in hell

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

I hope you are right!

He has a bright future ahead of him if he wants it. The last few years especially this year has been unwhelmingly bad for him. His focus was clearly not on golf which is ok as real life changes and takes a minute to stabilize. I predict 2018 will be a very good year for Rory especially with Tiger back in action.

He may not have won this year but he still had 8 Top 10s...so it could have been a lot worse.

With how "bad" Rory played on the PGA Tour in 2017 his scoring average was 6th. He currently leads the European Tour in scoring average. I wish I could play that poorly LOL!

https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.120.2017.html

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/stats/season=2017/categoryid=1/index.html

First off Rory's top 10's were mostly back door top 10's where he was out of it and when the pressure was off he breezed around and shot a low round. Second, he didn't win. Reality is Rory needs to win to have a good year. He couldn't care less about top 10's

Edel PROTO

First off Rory's top 10's were mostly back door top 10's where he was out of it and when the pressure was off he breezed around and shot a low round. Second, he didn't win. Reality is Rory needs to win to have a good year. He couldn't care less about top 10's

Your reality has Tiger winning a major next year tho

Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

If Tiger is healthy he has the same chance of winning a major as Rory. But Tiger winning is certainly a wish at this point not reality.

Edel PROTO

If Tiger is healthy he has the same chance of winning a major as Rory.

That's crazy talk.

That's crazy talk.

Healthy Tiger always has a chance at winning. Problem is, healthy Tiger doesn’t really exist anymore.

If Rory sticks to one putter, puts in the hours on the practice green, and cleans up his proximity to the hole from 100-150, he will win a major again. The reason it’s easy to doubt him is because he seems to make dumb decisions. He talked a month or so ago about his rib injury, about needing time off, and he proceeded to continue playing every week. He changes putters every week, and complains that long hitters like him have a disadvantage with wedge shots. He just says and does some weird things lately that don’t instill confidence. His mind just seems a little out of it.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

It's all about which country you're marketing in:

USA= DJ

AUS=JD

IRE=RM

SPA=RAHM

GER=KAYMER

ENG=ROSE

ITY=MOLINARI

Etc.

Why does TM need 2 players from Spain when it's such a small portion of thier turnover?

I doubt country of origin is in the top 5 things considered when giving tour players money to play gear.

Tiger is from Cablanasia and Nike gave him mucho schillings.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

USA= DJ

AUS=JD

IRE=RM

SPA=RAHM

GER=KAYMER

ENG=ROSE

ITY=MOLINARI

Etc.

Why does TM need 2 players from Spain when it's such a small portion of thier turnover?

I doubt country of origin is in the top 5 things considered when giving tour players money to play gear.

I agree that this is an exaggerated statement. If you live in Spain, I guarantee that Sergio is still a huge deal compared to Rahm. It's always exciting to have some new youth to spark some fire but, let's face it, that dude had one good year and everyone is way too excited about him. Maybe it's just me, because I really don't like him. Sergio is the biggest thing since Seve in regards to golf in Spain. Sure his career has come up short of most expectations but to say Rahm overtakes Sergio's marketing value in his home country the same year he finally one a major is a bit of a stretch.

I still think too many people aren't using much business logic in regards to this split.

USA= DJ

AUS=JD

IRE=RM

SPA=RAHM

GER=KAYMER

ENG=ROSE

ITY=MOLINARI

Etc.

I agree that this is an exaggerated statement. If you live in Spain, I guarantee that Sergio is still a huge deal compared to Rahm. It's always exciting to have some new youth to spark some fire but, let's face it, that dude had one good year and everyone is way too excited about him. Maybe it's just me, because I really don't like him. Sergio is the biggest thing since Seve in regards to golf in Spain. Sure his career has come up short of most expectations but to say Rahm overtakes Sergio's marketing value in his home country the same year he finally one a major is a bit of a stretch.

I still think too many people aren't using much business logic in regards to this split.

Ollie winning two Master's was a big deal in Spain.

USA= DJ

AUS=JD

IRE=RM

SPA=RAHM

GER=KAYMER

ENG=ROSE

ITY=MOLINARI

Etc.

Ollie winning two Master's was a big deal in Spain.

Yea but when you're basically a hermit you're not marketable.

Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Healthy Tiger always has a chance at winning. Problem is, healthy Tiger doesn’t really exist anymore.

If Rory sticks to one putter, puts in the hours on the practice green, and cleans up his proximity to the hole from 100-150, he will win a major again. The reason it’s easy to doubt him is because he seems to make dumb decisions. He talked a month or so ago about his rib injury, about needing time off, and he proceeded to continue playing every week. He changes putters every week, and complains that long hitters like him have a disadvantage with wedge shots. He just says and does some weird things lately that don’t instill confidence. His mind just seems a little out of it.

I’m a huge Rory fan and I 100% agree. He says one thing and does something completely opposite. Maybe the 8 weeks off will clear out the mind and get him refocused.

I do think him playing the last couple weeks was about fulfilling a requirement/ helping a friend and /or Tour and playing the Dunhill with his Dad.

It appears to be about cost efficiency. TM is now stand alone so they must have looked at their pro stable and thought....who can we let go with the least issues...Rors, DJ and Day all on expensive recent deals and Tiger was a shocker of a decision..I can see more being pruned as their endorsements must make a massive impact into their costs.

Looks like Sergio got some Adidas hats without the TM branding on the side finally

41f28de485f0d584215d917e684456c9.jpg

That's crazy talk.

Healthy Tiger always has a chance at winning. Problem is, healthy Tiger doesn't really exist anymore.

If Rory sticks to one putter, puts in the hours on the practice green, and cleans up his proximity to the hole from 100-150, he will win a major again. The reason it's easy to doubt him is because he seems to make dumb decisions. He talked a month or so ago about his rib injury, about needing time off, and he proceeded to continue playing every week. He changes putters every week, and complains that long hitters like him have a disadvantage with wedge shots. He just says and does some weird things lately that don't instill confidence. His mind just seems a little out of it.

I've always thought there was something a little off about Rory in that regard. He seems like a fine dude overall but there are so many little odd statements/decisions over the years that make you scratch your head. Whether its the whole Wozniacki business, the three different answers regarding why he didn't play in the Olympics + the trash talking of golf in the Olympics in general, the complete non-answer he gave on the NLU podcast about which aspect of another player's game he'd like to have, various twitter exchanges etc etc. It seems like he has a tough time with the limelight every now and then and should really think about saying less overall.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Based on these numbers there is nothing about the top 10's to belittle. Why is it some players are commended for not quitting and playing hard but then their results are belittled? It's a 72 hole event. The numbers are what they are. Every top 10 is certainly not in contention but is fading and finishing 12th after being tied for the lead after 54 holes somehow better than finishing 8th with a strong finish?

https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.28237.html

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

I've always thought there was something a little off about Rory in that regard. He seems like a fine dude overall but there are so many little odd statements/decisions over the years that make you scratch your head. Whether its the whole Wozniacki business, the three different answers regarding why he didn't play in the Olympics + the trash talking of golf in the Olympics in general, the complete non-answer he gave on the NLU podcast about which aspect of another player's game he'd like to have, various twitter exchanges etc etc. It seems like he has a tough time with the limelight every now and then and should really think about saying less overall.

I learned on wrx that all the guys that skipped the Olympics are cheating with the juice. Didn't want the drug testing :)

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Sergio finally wins a major and TM doesn't want to pay him lol. Certainly looks like he's going to Callaway which i think is a good pick up. He's now a major winner and i think he's going to win a few more especially THe Open.

It certainly looked like Rory was going to Callaway too. How'd that work out?.....LOL

Can I get some of that s*** you're smoking?......Tiger winning a major?.......You're kidding, right?......LOL

Sergio was using the one Callaway MD4 during his win last week

GettyImages-863782348.jpg

He also went back to his old Tour Preferred TM wedge instead of MG

GettyImages-863638050.jpg

And he used his new (new build after he smashed the last one) Toulon Atlanta putter

GettyImages-864981486.jpg

Valderrama WITB

Driver: TaylorMade 2017 M2, 9.5˚ (Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver Dual Core TiNi 80TX)

Fairway:TaylorMade 2017 M1, 15˚ and 19˚ (Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 80XTS)

Irons:TaylorMade P-750 Tour Proto, 3-PW (Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 130X)

Wedges:TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF 52˚, Callaway Mack Daddy 58˚ (Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 130X)

Putter:Odyssey Toulon design

Ball:TaylorMade TP5