2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

True Temper Dynamic Gold 105, 115, 120

TrueTemper

Hey GolfWRXers, we have our new lightweight Dynamic Gold family being released this month so just wanted to give some details on what is to come! The new Dynamic Gold 105, Dynamic Gold 115 and Dynamic Gold 120 offerings deliver lighter weight Dynamic Gold alternatives while maintaining classic Dynamic Gold feel and characteristics. They will be available at retail on 11/15.

The Dynamic Gold 105 iron shaft provides tour-level performance in a lightweight steel design—making a compromise between these trade-offs no more. Providing players with the exact same feel as Dynamic Gold in a mid-low launch and spin shaft that is engineered to be easier to swing, Dynamic Gold 105 allows for the control and accuracy expected from the Dynamic Gold brand while adding distance due to increased clubhead speed.

• Dynamic Gold 105 comes in both a taper and parallel tip option and is offered in a full flex range.

The Dynamic Gold 115 wedge shaft is designed as a lightweight alternative to the #1 wedge shaft in the history of the game. For those who play a lightweight iron shaft, playing a lightweight wedge shaft only makes sense as it provides an ideal weight transition from your irons to wedges. Having this seamless transition allows players a more natural feel in their wedges, leading to better consistency and lower scores. Dynamic Gold 115 is a mid-low launch and spin wedge shaft that is optimal for golfers who play iron shafts weighing 105g or less.

• Dynamic Gold 115 is a taper tipped wedge shaft offered in S300 flex only.

The Dynamic Gold 120 iron shaft delivers the tour-caliber accuracy of Dynamic Gold in a lighter weight steel shaft. Stronger players will experience the same profile and launch as Dynamic Gold in a shaft that is easier to swing.

• Dynamic Gold 120 is a taper tipped shaft offered in a full flex range.

To get fit for one of these shafts, check out our certified Performance Fitting Centers.

WITB

Driver-Titleist TSr3 9* w/ HZRDUS Green 60TX (HULK)

3 Wood-Titleist TSi2 15* w/ ACCRA TZFive 70 M5 (Masters Edition)

Irons-Taylormade P7MC 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Wedges-Titleist Vokey 56.12D &60.12D w/ Dynamic Gold Mid S400

Putter-Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec Newport 2 w/ Steelfiber i125p

Wow, thanks for the info. I expect you are going to get a lot of great questions now. I've been playing with True Temper shafts most of my middle-aged life, and they will be in my next set too. TT's doing great things.

I hate to veer off topic, but could you just take a moment and clear up the confusion some of us have had about AMT, AMT Tour Black and AMT Tour White? Is AMT (from 2016-17) and AMT Tour White the same shaft? What is AMT Tour Black? By all means relate them to these new models you introduced here if you'd think it would help us.

And thanks, for being on this board. It's tremendous, and great customer relations, for TT to have you here.

How similar to the Modus Tour 120 is the DG120?

Dynamic Gold 120 will be different to any competitor’s shaft due to the specific EI profile and characteristics that are associated with Dynamic Gold. We spent years trying to perfect a shaft in the 120g weight range that plays nearly identical to the classic Dynamic Gold and we didn’t release Dynamic Gold 120 until we felt like we accomplished that. Because of how similar we were able to make Dynamic Gold 120 play to Dynamic Gold, a good idea when trying to compare Dynamic Gold 120 to another shaft is to just imagine a slightly lighter weight Dynamic Gold.

-Keenan

WITB

Wow, thanks for the info. I expect you are going to get a lot of great questions now. I've been playing with True Temper shafts most of my middle-aged life, and they will be in my next set too. TT's doing great things.

I hate to veer off topic, but could you just take a moment and clear up the confusion some of us have had about AMT, AMT Tour Black and AMT Tour White? Is AMT (from 2016-17) and AMT Tour White the same shaft? What is AMT Tour Black? By all means relate them to these new models you introduced here if you'd think it would help us.

And thanks, for being on this board. It's tremendous, and great customer relations, for TT to have you here.

So glad to hear and to have you as a part of the True Temper team. AMT Tour White is the same build as the prior AMT but just the offering of that build and weight range that falls in the new AMT line. AMT Black will be the mid option from a weight/trajectory/spin perspective out of the three new AMT shafts.

Here is a link to details: https://www.truetemper.com/products/amt-black/

Hope that helps!

-Keenan

WITB

How would the 105s compare to the XP95s currently in my bag?

Will be more in line with the idea of Dynamic Gold in that the 105s will be a touch stiffer build in the tip, resulting in a more mid-low flight and spin as opposed to the higher launching XP95.

-Keenan

WITB

is the 105 close in performance to the SL ?

Cobra Radspeed XD 10.5
Callaway rogue 3 wood
Callaway rogue 5 wood
Callaway Hawkeye 7 wood.
Taylormade M6 irons 5 to pw,aw, sw, 2 degrees upright +half an inch longer
Callaway  mack daddy cb 60 wedge
Titleist trufeel/Callaway supersoft balls
Odyssey 7s black

+1

An updated SL perhaps?

Driver: still looking.....
4 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 17.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW70x @ 42 1/2".

7 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 22.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW80x @ 41 3/4".
Irons: Kamui Pro KP-102 5i-PW + KBS TGI 110 + 1/2".
Wedges: Callaway Jaws Forged 50°/55°/60° + KBS C-Taper
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

I’ve hit both the 105 and 120.

105 feels better than the old SL. Launches a touch higher for me with similar spin to Dynamic Gold and goes longer. For me the SL felt boardy and launched lower thand regular Dynamic Gold.

120 is almost a lighter version of regular Dynamic Gold in every aspect. Great shaft for anyone whol likes Dynamic Gold profile.

Thanks for the pre-release snapshot. Could you give information on the balance point of the new shafts? Could they be installed and maintain the swingweight of older dynamic gold shafts without the need for heavier heads?

Taylormade Brnr 11.5 Mitsubishi Kai'li blue 60
Callaway Paradym 3 Hybrid
4-5 Mizuno MP-27 KBS c-taper lite s
6-PW Mizuno MP-63 KBS c-taper r+
50.07, 54.12, 58.10 Mizuno MP-T5 ttdg w
Ping Ketsch

This is awesome. I’m a bit of an anomaly in that I have an extremely smooth transition (so a lighter shaft is beneficial) yet launch my irons extremely high with a good amount of spin. What would you recommend I try?

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 60S

Fairway: TTE E8 Beta w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70S

Driving Iron:  PXG 0311X 2i w/ Tensei CK Pro White 90S

Hybrid:  PXG 0317X Gen2 19o w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 90S

Irons:  PXG 0311P Gen4 5-G w/ AeroTech SteelFiber 115fc S

Wedges:  Taylormade MG2 56o & 60o

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Thanks for the pre-release snapshot. Could you give information on the balance point of the new shafts? Could they be installed and maintain the swingweight of older dynamic gold shafts without the need for heavier heads?

I can only speak for the 120's. I pulled TI 130g X-100's and installed the 120's at the same playing length and same grips. SW's were all within 1 point on my scale. :)

• Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Stealth+ 19* - Atmos Red 8X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7MC 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

Have the MOD 3 in my irons thinking of switching back to TTDG and into tour issue AMT.

Wk

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

+1

An updated SL perhaps?

Yes- I have a similar question. The True Temper website lists DGSL as low launch, low spin and the DG 105 as Low launch, mid spin.

Which spins less? DGSL or DG 105?

I am a HUGE fan of DGSL and I am just trying to understand the difference??...

Thanks!

I have the AMT Black R300 in my 718 AP1 irons and like it so far. 7 iron swing speed on Trackman is about 82 MPH, so I swing quite a bit slower than average here. The Black offered the best shot dispersion in my Titleist Thursday fitting. I was coming from G15 with AWT R flex and like the Black much better. The found the AWT long iron shafts are fairly weak.

I tested 115 and really couldn't tell the difference between that and the original DG S300 wedge. Now I see that's exactly what they were going for...

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

i really loved the DG X100 120's. in fact i might go back to them. not 100% sold on the modus 105x's i have in the bag right now.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

As part of the True Temper/GolfWRX test team, I was able to test the DG 105 S300. Lightweight steel shafts have always intrigued me but they have never really worked for me. On the flip side, traditional DG gives me some issues too, mainly later in rounds when I get a little tired. When I found out a DG 105 would be coming out I was excited, hoping they could somehow make a lightweight shaft that maintains the characteristics of the DG that has been around for ages.

I've only spent a limited amount of time with them so I'm not ready to make a yay or nay decision yet. Early results were pretty good. It certainly has the potential to be my favorite lightweight steel shaft, but that isn't to say I'm ready to ditch my AMTs or PX LZs for them. I wouldn't say the 105 feels exactly like traditional DG but they are in the same ball park...tip stiff with a softer butt. I think on my review sheet I said the 105 felt a little more crisp than the traditional DG. Ball flight was on the med-high side but it didn't seem to spin too much. I was hitting the test shaft pretty much the same distances as my current set (which has AMT S400). Accuracy was just as good as long as I didn't get too quick. When I got a little fast, I tended to hit some pretty big draws (dare I say hooks?). The shaft responded best to smooth, controlled swings. Unfortunately those "smooth, controlled" swings aren't really what I do so I would probably have to put in some work to get the swing smoothed out in order for the DG 105 to work consistently well for me.

As far as comparing it to other shafts in the same weight range, I don't have a large sample size to pick from. I didn't like the Modus 105. I can't pinpoint one specific thing I didn't like about them other than the fact I just didn't swing well with them. The DG 105 has a firmer feeling tip (and overall feel) compared to the XP105. It also launches lower than the XP105. The XP105 is really smooth though. I haven't hit the KBS Tour 105.

I'm going to spend some more time with it over the winter and see how things progress. Maybe a X100 would work better for my quick transition? Who knows...I might explore it to find out.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Why would someone choose to go with a constant weight 120/105 vs say an AMT? I'm a long time DG user and was thinking of going lighter in the long irons only so I'm torn between going 105 across the board or going with S300 AMT?

Maltby KE4 TC Max UST V2 HL Stiff
Callaway Rogue 3W Synergy 60

Maltby KE4 Tour TC 19*, 22* Matrix HX3 White Tie
Taylormade Burner TP Japan Issue 5-PW C-Taper Lite Stiff

Titleist SM7 52*/S, 58*/D DG120 Stiff
<Searching>

I have been testing this shaft in a wedge for a bit now. Love the shaft. Spin and control, especially on partial shots, have been great for me in my experiences. I’ve got one in a 64* and with it, as that’s the wedge I wanted to increase the spin on so I didn’t have to swing it as hard but keep the spin up. It’s working out great for me and the partial shots are where I’m really seeing the differences. I had a DG X100 softstepped in it before. Now it spins like a top without as much effort. The added benefit is I like a heavy swingweight in that wedge so it’s easier to get there

Why would someone choose to go with a constant weight 120/105 vs say an AMT? I'm a long time DG user and was thinking of going lighter in the long irons only so I'm torn between going 105 across the board or going with S300 AMT?

I'm curious about this too, I just switched to new irons with the AMT shaft (not professionally fit) and love the mid to long iron performance. Makes me think I should look to the lighter-weighted shaft next time I get a fitting through the whole bag.

I have been testing this shaft in a wedge for a bit now. Love the shaft. Spin and control, especially on partial shots, have been great for me in my experiences. I've got one in a 64* and with it, as that's the wedge I wanted to increase the spin on so I didn't have to swing it as hard but keep the spin up. It's working out great for me and the partial shots are where I'm really seeing the differences. I had a DG X100 softstepped in it before. Now it spins like a top without as much effort. The added benefit is I like a heavy swingweight in that wedge so it's easier to get there

I did noticed increased stopping power on partial shots as well. I kinda attributed it to a brand spanking new wedge head I am using, which also happen to have a lot of bounce. Now I am thinking maybe the shaft should be given some credits too.

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

I have been testing this shaft in a wedge for a bit now. Love the shaft. Spin and control, especially on partial shots, have been great for me in my experiences. I've got one in a 64* and with it, as that's the wedge I wanted to increase the spin on so I didn't have to swing it as hard but keep the spin up. It's working out great for me and the partial shots are where I'm really seeing the differences. I had a DG X100 softstepped in it before. Now it spins like a top without as much effort. The added benefit is I like a heavy swingweight in that wedge so it's easier to get there

I did noticed increased stopping power on partial shots as well. I kinda attributed it to a brand spanking new wedge head I am using, which also happen to have a lot of bounce. Now I am thinking maybe the shaft should be given some credits too.

Mine is al older beater. The whole purpose in my selection was to increase spin for me on those shots. That wedge is specific and purpose built for the home course as we have several narrow greens and short sides opportunities present themselves more frequently