2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Any news on the Next Titleist Driver???

I think Titleist should come out with 3 models. d2, d3 and a third that is 100% focused on a low spin, pure distance, more forgiveness, longer shaft (basically a direct Taylormade/Callaway competitor). Seeing which of the 3 are most successful could help Steer Titleist where they should go with the following model.

They are new to this game, need all the help they can get figuring out this market!

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Titleist should come out with 3 models. d2, d3 and a third that is 100% focused on a low spin, pure distance, more forgiveness, longer shaft (basically a direct Taylormade/Callaway competitor). Seeing which of the 3 are most successful could help Steer Titleist where they should go with the following model.

I would hate to see Titleist alienate the people that favor a more traditional look. I've gone to all of their current llneup in woods/hybrids and am loving them.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15* Devotion HB 75-X
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

Can I say that I am strongly looking at finally moving from the 910 to the 917 at the discounted price instead of waiting on the 919. I would like to use them this year.

Adam Scott has just done the reverse and has the 910 back in the bag this week!

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

89 here at my course in SC. He said the new driver is releasing end of August, early Sept. Said they have made the best driver on the market and will go farther than anything out there. He said he wasn't sure why but R&D this is what they decided to do. Everyone wants distance he said so they have produced big time. He couldn't give specs but said it will be leaking soon. Said it looks nothing like they've had before..Driver, Fairway Woods. Confirmed called 919. Omg............

I have heard similar remarks about the new driver except for the 919 name. Titleist is lacking in the marketing department, their products are good,

but are lacking the "hype" of some of the other companies. Expecting a more aggressive marketing approach this time around, including a brand new

name for the new driver.

89 here at my course in SC. He said the new driver is releasing end of August, early Sept. Said they have made the best driver on the market and will go farther than anything out there. He said he wasn't sure why but R&D this is what they decided to do. Everyone wants distance he said so they have produced big time. He couldn't give specs but said it will be leaking soon. Said it looks nothing like they've had before..Driver, Fairway Woods. Confirmed called 919. Omg............

I have heard similar remarks about the new driver except for the 919 name. Titleist is lacking in the marketing department, their products are good,

but are lacking the "hype" of some of the other companies. Expecting a more aggressive marketing approach this time around, including a brand new

name for the new driver.

Maybe they'll go back to some all time classics like Starship or KnowRight. Honestly, Titleist never made a decent driver until the 9xx.

name for the new driver.

Maybe they'll go back to some all time classics like Starship or KnowRight. Honestly, Titleist never made a decent driver until the 9xx.

Agreed

Driver: Callaway Paradigm 9.0+ Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
3 Wood: Titleist trs3 15* Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
5 Wood: Titleist trs3 18* Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Irons: Taylormade P790 4-PW Project X LZ 6.5 
Wedge: Vokey SM9 50, 54, 60 DG S400  
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

You would assume sales would be much higher with a release time of may/June.

the good thing about the fall release of titleist is, that whe the clubs hit the shops, you swing is pretty good by this time a year.

on the other hand, the driver fan waits until spring for all the other brands bring their stuff out. and by then, all the titleist marketing and hype is long gone.

Tour pros will have it in the next 6-8 weeks I'm pretty confident we will see photos at least pop up then.

It will very likely be at The National at the end of June. Titleist has always done this. It will then hit retail the first week of November.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Diamana DF 60X
Titleist TS3 15* w/ Diamana ZF 70X
Titleist 913h 19* w/ Tensei Pro Blue
Titleist T100s 4-P w/ C-Taper Lite X
Titleist Vokey Raw 48, 54, 60 w/ S400
Scotty Cameron Tour Rat

One thing that I don't think Titleist has got right since the 910 is the feel, that thing was pure butter. I love my gamer but it doesn't feel as nice as the older models. Might have to bring out the 910D3 and try it out with my current shaft.

Taylormade Stealth + 10.5 (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60S)

Titleist 913F 15 (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70)

Titleist 712U 2I (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist 680 MB 4-W (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist Vokey SM5 50,54,58 (True Temper Dynamic Gold S200)

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 SS

ProV1

One thing that I don't think Titleist has got right since the 910 is the feel, that thing was pure butter. I love my gamer but it doesn't feel as nice as the older models. Might have to bring out the 910D3 and try it out with my current shaft.

Definitely give it a try - Adam Scott did really well this past week with his 910 in the bag with his DI8 from that 2010-2011 period.. killer combo.

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD Anser D 35"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

name for the new driver.

Best driver on the market and it will go farther than anything out there? How exactly do they figure?

I'm not directing this at you because I know you're just repeating what you were told, but we all know that's not true.

Titleist has not exactly even kept up with the market on distance, needless to say be poised to surpass them. They also consistently spin more than Epic, Rogue, M series, G series, etc. which may increase accuracy, but costs distance for the above average swing speed player.

I believe Titleist pumps out the best putters, wedges, and among the best irons on the market. But let's not act like this release is going to be anything other than a 919 D2 and D3 that hopefully has moved away from the weird adjustable weight cylinder and gotten onboard with everyone else's sliding tracks.

I agree with KrazyTrain...the 910 had the lightest and hottest driver face.

913 hard

915 harder

917 even harder at impact

I love the feel of the 917 personally, I don't find it hard but shaft may have a lot to do with that. I've never hit a driver longer and straighter but I think the fade weight setup just fits me really well.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15* Devotion HB 75-X
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

I agree with KrazyTrain...the 910 had the lightest and hottest driver face.

913 hard

915 harder

917 even harder at impact

I love the feel of the 917 personally, I don't find it hard but shaft may have a lot to do with that. I've never hit a driver longer and straighter but I think the fade weight setup just fits me really well.

I agree with you. I thought the feel of the 917 was much softer than the 915.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

name for the new driver.

Best driver on the market and it will go farther than anything out there? How exactly do they figure?

I'm not directing this at you because I know you're just repeating what you were told, but we all know that's not true.

Titleist has not exactly even kept up with the market on distance, needless to say be poised to surpass them. They also consistently spin more than Epic, Rogue, M series, G series, etc. which may increase accuracy, but costs distance for the above average swing speed player.

I believe Titleist pumps out the best putters, wedges, and among the best irons on the market. But let's not act like this release is going to be anything other than a 919 D2 and D3 that hopefully has moved away from the weird adjustable weight cylinder and gotten onboard with everyone else's sliding tracks.

I can’t stand the tracks. I’ve actually always liked the movable and changable Cobra weight plugs as far as weight systems go.

I love my 917 but I don’t really use the weight system. The kits are so stupidly expensive that I Think very few people use the weight system to its full potential.

I think it’s the biggest mistake Titleist has made with the current series of drivers and fairways. The kits are prohibitively priced....to the point of being silly.

I set mine up at 43.5” With my KKDC and add hotmelt until it’s about D-0, then fine tune with a few strips of lead tape to D-2.

As much as I like mine, I am a bit excited to see what’s next.

You would assume sales would be much higher with a release time of may/June.

the good thing about the fall release of titleist is, that whe the clubs hit the shops, you swing is pretty good by this time a year.

on the other hand, the driver fan waits until spring for all the other brands bring their stuff out. and by then, all the titleist marketing and hype is long gone.

That is the start of the season for half the country. Not to mention the northerners with money migrating to their southern homes to avoid the cold. Golf season is 365 days a year for a a large portion of Titleist’s market.

With all due respect I could not disagree more. I might get 7 months in this year. Canada is worse. UK is just as bad. I don’t know about you but IF I get lucky and play 3 times down south on vacation that’s alot. The company is based out of Boston Massachusetts and California. 2 polar opposites for climate. Spring is when people get excited about playing new gear. That’s when it should come out IMHO.

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

TSr3 3W 15° VENTUS RED TR 8X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

PIRETTI POTENZA WB

TitleistSmaller.jpg.5bc014a5893add877cc9ffa452af52bd.jpg

With all due respect I could not disagree more. I might get 7 months in this year. Canada is worse. UK is just as bad. I don’t know about you but IF I get lucky and play 3 times down south on vacation that’s slot. The company is based out of Boston Massachusetts and California. 2 polar opposites for climate. Spring is when people get excited about playing new gear. That’s when it should come out IMHO.

I’m with you. Fall launches are down right moronic. Canada, northern Europe, and northern half of US is not playing.

I used to run the customer service and sales of a small start up many years ago and we just prayed we could make it through winter because the sales dropped off so severely.

Lots less competition in a fall launch. And Titleist sticks to 2-year cycles while everybody else releases something every 6 or 8 months. I agree that fall launches are stupid but also can see why Titleist doesn't really think it matters and/or finds it to be some small market advantage. Also allows time to get product on the market before the season. What if you were one of the dudes who is missing half your season due to a back order from TM? Easier to swallow when you're missing out on Thanksgiving golf and not tournament season.

They would only need to accelerate one product cycle to spring, then continue on with the 2 year product cycle. So one product launch would have to be moved up 6 months. The hardest part would be getting the marketing ready in time, not so much the product. The product is ready now. Even if the get on tour in spring for validation, and related in May - June time frame, I would believe their sales would be stronger. Again just my opinion.

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

TSr3 3W 15° VENTUS RED TR 8X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

PIRETTI POTENZA WB

TitleistSmaller.jpg.5bc014a5893add877cc9ffa452af52bd.jpg