2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Any news on the Next Titleist Driver???

Everyone that ever has a comment about Titleist drivers not spinning any more than other manufacturers and claiming that it is all "marketing" or "smoke and mirrors" needs to look at the CG locations on this chart. It's not even close when you compare to other heads considered "low spin". Titleist makes forgiving drivers - that has never been disputed - but they aren't the best match for those with spin issues, simply due to CG locations.

https://Not allowed because of spam.co...iver-locations/

I see the D3 having a lower CG than the highly touted Epic. And of course I see more of TM feeling forward CG is better. I'd like to see where the Ping Drivers are on this. Other than that this chart doesn't really tell me anything related to on course performance. I had to go up in loft moving to a D3 in order to keep spin high enough. In my eyes Titleist hasn't had a spinny head since the 907 series.

Just goes to show different swings produce different results. Doesn't mean a Titleist head can't be too spinny for someone else depending on their individual swing speed, strike location, and AoA.

Point of my post shows that there definitively IS a difference. Any arguments otherwise are invalid.

I’m not saying there isn’t a difference, I would have been shocked if all the CG locations were the same. I’m saying the heads aren’t inherently spinny (much like a J33R was considered low spin). This chart doesn’t show anything regarding spin, and I would classify the D3 as a low spin head. But as with any club it’s YMMV.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15* Devotion HB 75-X
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now what will they do ? Callaway and Taylormade and Ping and cobra have dumped a ton or cash into marketing jail break and twist face and milled face and dragon fly . Will Titleist step up and put its money into the pot and challenge the big dogs with tech and results or will it just release a product to fulfill its product cycle and rest on its pro v one sells and chill ?

This kind of buy-in to the brian washing marketing machine is a case of a problem feeding itself. I've asked this before - What can other drivers do that a Titleist can't? Titleist drivers have won majors, Fed-Ex cups, been used in Ryder Cups, won U.S. Amateurs...this list goes on and on. The "tech and results" you're looking for can only be found in the pages of a magazine or a flashy TV ad - they're not real. So the answer to your question of what they will do next is probably that they'll release 2 new drivers that are awesome and can compete with anything on the market.

Your talking points are watered down to say the least Nike drivers have won majors and pretty much every other golf achievement as well . How might you ask oh Tiger ,Rory , David Duval just to name a few reason . But where are the Nike Drivers now ? Not in play are they ? But wait there is more they must have been great right because the pros won with them . They weren't selling junior they just weren't selling . Walk into a golf shop anywhere and ask how the 917 line is selling compaired to the G400 or even to G range or any of the M line or Epic . Let's revisit the topic after the 919 launch and Tileist is touting low spin and tech this and that . You can see it in the true soft ads they are saying the ball is better than Chrome soft . Titleist is public traded company now it hasn't always been that way trust me when I say the investerest want a return on investment and the marketing team will be singing a new tune . Let's talk again come the fall !!!

There's nothing wrong with my talking points. You're talking sales and marketing and fake things, I'm talking about actual performance. Nike didn't make good equipment until it was too late. They suffered from an extremely poor entrance into the club market from which they never recovered. And right about the time they started making great retail clubs, their #1 guy was doing anything but playing golf. Nike isn't a hard one to figure out.

The golf equipment industry now, lives and dies with an OEM's ability to make a golfer believe that whatever they're selling will either gain you distance off the tee or (of seemingly less importance) lower your scores. My point was that this "tech" you speak of isn't real. Titleist drivers are right there already, at the forefront of performance, but riding caboose in the marketing game. Lets be clear - you will be incredibly hard pressed to find ANYONE that can show you actual proof of lower scores because they bought Turbulators or Jailbreak or Twist Farce or ARC or Dragonfly or HammerHead or X Face Carbon blah, blah, blah. It's ALL garbage to make you believe. Let's not forget that the original "Mr. 59" shot that number with real lumber and stats gathered over the last 50 years definitively show that the general golf population isn't really getting any better since the introduction of the metal wood and the ProV1.

It was you statement of "tech and results"that speaks volumes about how you have fallen victim to the marketing brainwashing. Lest we forget that the Pet Rock was a million dollar marketing darling. But you go ahead and enjoy your pet rock. I'll keep bombing my 915 past it.

Maybe one of the best responses in WRX in a long while.

When governing bodies put limits on tech designed to limit performance - umm THE PERFORMANCE IS LIMITED.

Long live the marketing geniuses!

Everyone that ever has a comment about Titleist drivers not spinning any more than other manufacturers and claiming that it is all "marketing" or "smoke and mirrors" needs to look at the CG locations on this chart. It's not even close when you compare to other heads considered "low spin". Titleist makes forgiving drivers - that has never been disputed - but they aren't the best match for those with spin issues, simply due to CG locations.

https://Not allowed because of spam.co...iver-locations/

I see the D3 having a lower CG than the highly touted Epic. And of course I see more of TM feeling forward CG is better. I'd like to see where the Ping Drivers are on this. Other than that this chart doesn't really tell me anything related to on course performance. I had to go up in loft moving to a D3 in order to keep spin high enough. In my eyes Titleist hasn't had a spinny head since the 907 series.

Just goes to show different swings produce different results. Doesn't mean a Titleist head can't be too spinny for someone else depending on their individual swing speed, strike location, and AoA.

Point of my post shows that there definitively IS a difference. Any arguments otherwise are invalid.

I’m not saying there isn’t a difference, I would have been shocked if all the CG locations were the same. I’m saying the heads aren’t inherently spinny (much like a J33R was considered low spin). This chart doesn’t show anything regarding spin, and I would classify the D3 as a low spin head. But as with any club it’s YMMV.

The D3 was near center on all CG measurements. Which is probably why it's a fairway finder. Put a good swing on it and you will find the CG where it should be. My goal is to put a good swing on the ball more often than not. The CG's were all over the place for most of the other drivers.

So now what will they do ? Callaway and Taylormade and Ping and cobra have dumped a ton or cash into marketing jail break and twist face and milled face and dragon fly . Will Titleist step up and put its money into the pot and challenge the big dogs with tech and results or will it just release a product to fulfill its product cycle and rest on its pro v one sells and chill ?

This kind of buy-in to the brian washing marketing machine is a case of a problem feeding itself. I've asked this before - What can other drivers do that a Titleist can't? Titleist drivers have won majors, Fed-Ex cups, been used in Ryder Cups, won U.S. Amateurs...this list goes on and on. The "tech and results" you're looking for can only be found in the pages of a magazine or a flashy TV ad - they're not real. So the answer to your question of what they will do next is probably that they'll release 2 new drivers that are awesome and can compete with anything on the market.

Your talking points are watered down to say the least Nike drivers have won majors and pretty much every other golf achievement as well . How might you ask oh Tiger ,Rory , David Duval just to name a few reason . But where are the Nike Drivers now ? Not in play are they ? But wait there is more they must have been great right because the pros won with them . They weren't selling junior they just weren't selling . Walk into a golf shop anywhere and ask how the 917 line is selling compaired to the G400 or even to G range or any of the M line or Epic . Let's revisit the topic after the 919 launch and Tileist is touting low spin and tech this and that . You can see it in the true soft ads they are saying the ball is better than Chrome soft . Titleist is public traded company now it hasn't always been that way trust me when I say the investerest want a return on investment and the marketing team will be singing a new tune . Let's talk again come the fall !!!

There's nothing wrong with my talking points. You're talking sales and marketing and fake things, I'm talking about actual performance. Nike didn't make good equipment until it was too late. They suffered from an extremely poor entrance into the club market from which they never recovered. And right about the time they started making great retail clubs, their #1 guy was doing anything but playing golf. Nike isn't a hard one to figure out.

The golf equipment industry now, lives and dies with an OEM's ability to make a golfer believe that whatever they're selling will either gain you distance off the tee or (of seemingly less importance) lower your scores. My point was that this "tech" you speak of isn't real. Titleist drivers are right there already, at the forefront of performance, but riding caboose in the marketing game. Lets be clear - you will be incredibly hard pressed to find ANYONE that can show you actual proof of lower scores because they bought Turbulators or Jailbreak or Twist Farce or ARC or Dragonfly or HammerHead or X Face Carbon blah, blah, blah. It's ALL garbage to make you believe. Let's not forget that the original "Mr. 59" shot that number with real lumber and stats gathered over the last 50 years definitively show that the general golf population isn't really getting any better since the introduction of the metal wood and the ProV1.

It was you statement of "tech and results"that speaks volumes about how you have fallen victim to the marketing brainwashing. Lest we forget that the Pet Rock was a million dollar marketing darling. But you go ahead and enjoy your pet rock. I'll keep bombing my 915 past it.

Maybe one of the best responses in WRX in a long while.

When governing bodies put limits on tech designed to limit performance - umm THE PERFORMANCE IS LIMITED.

Long live the marketing geniuses!

fair enough .... let's just wait and see

This isnt Rocket science this is basic business Companies care if they connect with consumers and they also care if their marketing and product is resonating not only with loyalist but with new customers as well . I’m a business man and have been for most of my life and I refuse to make excuses . So maybe it’s hard for me to relate to Titleist excuse makers . The facts are Titleist in the metal woods catagory have been catching a beating and I don’t know if its even close .That’s a tough pill for some fans to swallow but its true none the less . I believe since Titleist also has business men and women looking at data they will be doing things with this release to close the gap . What things will they adress ? The much talked about perception of high spin with Their drivers . Secondly lower perceived ball speed and overall distance . I Can’t wait to hear the new 919 marketing campaign About faster ball speed and lower spin . I’m ready to replace my King LTD PRO so I hope they help Make the decision easier for me with a great 919 product Launch

Sincerely ,

No excuses

Anyone know when they will be released. I'm interested in the 919 fairway wood. Titleist offers the best array of shafts. Hard to find 80 gram fairway stiff shafts with most OEMs.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S Driver

Callaway AI Smoke TD Tensei AV White 75 Stiff 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff Hybrids

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5 Irons

Cleveland RTX 6 48.10, 54.10, 60.12 TI DG Spinner Wedges

Ping Oslo 4 PLD Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

89 here at my course in SC. He said the new driver is releasing end of August, early Sept. Said they have made the best driver on the market and will go farther than anything out there. He said he wasn't sure why but R&D this is what they decided to do. Everyone wants distance he said so they have produced big time. He couldn't give specs but said it will be leaking soon. Said it looks nothing like they've had before..Driver, Fairway Woods. Confirmed called 919. Omg............

The hype is real!

Sounds like virtually all new driver releases from any company (insert company name here) and any rep.

HAHA. I heard from a guy who heard from a guy that the new 919 is guaranteeing to go an extra 15+ yards, have work ability, loft variability from 5-14*, come with free premium shaft upgrades (not built for but true aftermarket) in your length preference of 43-48", premium scotty cameron type stitched headcover with your custom initials, in 4 head color options, with a free weight kit included. And they will include a dozen AVX golf balls and snapback cap with your purchase.

At a lower price point to boot! Woo hoo

Cleveland Launcher XL2 Driver 

Cleveland Halo XL Hy-woods

Cleveland Halo XL Hybrids

Srixon ZX4 MK II Irons 6 - P

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 4 - 48, 51, 54

Cleveland HB soft 8 putter 

Srixon Q Star Tour 

https://www.titleist...-drivers-signup

In the coming months be ready to get up to speed with exclusive content documenting Titleist's demanding product development, validation and go to market process. We challenged our R&D team to focus on driving speed and they took that to heart, ultimately creating our new TS2 and TS3 metals from Titleist.

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

Interesting hard to tell but it looks like the tube style weights from 917 are gone.

Have always loved the look feel of titleist, after reading this thread I really hope they don’t start to mimic the release cycles of Callaway and Taylormade, big fan of how titleist has not pushed the marketing (at least in clubs, balls is a different story) but they just seem to evolve solid products every couple years. I’m hoping for the same.

Interesting hard to tell but it looks like the tube style weights from 917 are gone.

Have always loved the look feel of titleist, after reading this thread I really hope they don't start to mimic the release cycles of Callaway and Taylormade, big fan of how titleist has not pushed the marketing (at least in clubs, balls is a different story) but they just seem to evolve solid products every couple years. I'm hoping for the same.

Looks like one with SureFit CG (TS3), one without (TS2).

Ping G410 LST 9* Tour AD-IZ 
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15* AD-IZ 
Ping G430 hybrid 17* & 22*, Tour 2.0 Chrome 

Titleist T150 5-iron, AMT White 
Miura TC-201 6-9, AMT White 
Vokey SM8 46*, Vokey SM7 50*, Ping S159 54*, Vokey SM8 58* LBK
L.A.B Mezz 1, Accra

Bridgestone Tour BX

the thing that annoys me most about Titleist; you think you can leave them and really like your current driver, then every few years they release one that has you thinking to go back!

​Hope I am wrong, as I am about to buy a new putter!

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Anyone else think the TS2 looks like the RBZ?

Can’t wait to try them.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro White 100 HY TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey Design SM10 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.5T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold TI

Scotty Cameron Timeless 2.5 SSS Tourtype Prototype

Also interesting to see ARC gone.

Can’t wait to hear more. And see some new fairways as well. Hope there is a bigger headed low spin model again like 910 was.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Weird. That Titleist link posted above is dead now.

The link to the Titleist site is dead (can still see it if you cache the URL though) and also the pics that were pasted into this thread have now been removed (the pics are still there in the Jimmy Walker thread).

This is either Titleist's online guys going live too early, or an even more embarrassing attempt by Titleist to fabricate some buzz by floating something and then pulling it. And I'm a Titleist guy, just look at the sig.

This is either incompetence or lame PR. Not a good start.

Ping G410 LST 9* Tour AD-IZ 
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15* AD-IZ 
Ping G430 hybrid 17* & 22*, Tour 2.0 Chrome 

Titleist T150 5-iron, AMT White 
Miura TC-201 6-9, AMT White 
Vokey SM8 46*, Vokey SM7 50*, Ping S159 54*, Vokey SM8 58* LBK
L.A.B Mezz 1, Accra

Bridgestone Tour BX

Who cares. We all saw it it’s out there now if people choose to post it again. All we want to know now is tech info and release date. These “hacked” / leaked / stolen picture stories are starting to get pretty lame. Since it happens for every release for every OEM they aren’t by accident anymore. It creates buzz and demand. Exactly what the OEM’s want.

Hopefully we get some tech details next week and see some players using it. Maybe JT or Spieth can use it to bring home the trophy and then everyone will want it.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Have always loved the look feel of titleist, after reading this thread I really hope they don't start to mimic the release cycles of Callaway and Taylormade, big fan of how titleist has not pushed the marketing (at least in clubs, balls is a different story) but they just seem to evolve solid products every couple years. I'm hoping for the same.

Is Titleist going to pull the same shenanigans with the D2 and D3 drivers the way they did by switching the Pro V1 and Pro V1x? For years the "2" driver has been the more forgiving one for the masses (at least the Titleist masses) and the "3" driver for better players. Does the SureFit CG in the TS3 but not the TS2 imply that they've switched the drivers around?

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

Is Titleist going to pull the same shenanigans with the D2 and D3 drivers the way they did by switching the Pro V1 and Pro V1x? For years the "2" driver has been the more forgiving one for the masses (at least the Titleist masses) and the "3" driver for better players. Does the SureFit CG in the TS3 but not the TS2 imply that they've switched the drivers around?

I think that it makes sense. They keep the SureFit weight in the TS3 because that is the club for players who want to work the ball, and the slide in weight allows that. For the TS2, they go back to the weight they used in the 915, and position it all the way back. That allows for a forgiving clubhead, like the Ping drivers.

The pictures of Jimmy Walker's driver show the TS3 with the SureFit weight.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

Just a note. Proprietary info has been deleted. Looks like a possible hack, but it was obviously not finished product. We'll look into it for you guys. Thanks!

That’s strange, because I signed up for the email alerts and got a confirmation from Titleist themselves including photos with the working link yesterday.

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track