2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Any news on the Next Titleist Driver???

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The picture of JT was yesterday at the Crimson Classic.

Titleist TSi3 10 w Tensei 1K Black 65

TM 2017 M2 Tour 15 w HC HZRDUS Black 85

Titleist T200 3 w HC HZRDUS Black 105

Titleist T100 4-9 w TI X100

Titleist SM7 47.11 F, 51.13 F; SM8 55.15 F & 60.08 M w TI X100

Byron Morgan 612SS

Titleist ProV1x

I can assure you two things.

1) Justin Thomas is not using a Callaway Driver.

2) Titleist does not let unfinished clubs out from behind the guarded gates of TPI.

Couldn't agree more. It's not a Cally.

TSR3 10*/AD-DI 6x
TSR2 15*/AD-DI 7x
TS2 19*/AD-IZ 85x

T200 4/AD-IZ 95x

T100 5-9/PX LZ
SM9 46F, 50F, 54S, 60M/PX LZ

SC NP2 Tour CT Custom

Pro V1x

2) Titleist does not let unfinished clubs out from behind the guarded gates of TPI.

Nah, pro's have to test out the driver, put it through the ropes. Can't expect them to do it all behind the gates of TPI

I can assure you that Titleist process is not to allow staffers to take unfinished clubs to their home course or a friends weddings for testing. At that point it’s a finished product.

Nah, pro's have to test out the driver, put it through the ropes. Can't expect them to do it all behind the gates of TPI

I can assure you that Titleist process is not to allow staffers to take unfinished clubs to their home course or a friends weddings for testing. At that point it's a finished product.

got ya, yea, I would say it's probably finished product by now then

I can assure you that Titleist process is not to allow staffers to take unfinished clubs to their home course or a friends weddings for testing. At that point it's a finished product.

got ya, yea, I would say it's probably finished product by now then

Which means it might be the same finished product shot in Jimmy Walker's hands at the Warrior Open.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

Does Titleist participate in these forums like some of the other OEMs? if so, they've got to be shi**** their pants right about now. Two photos leak of the new driver in the same day.

I continue to be amazed by this community. anthony007 sees probably a 2 second clip of JW hitting a tee shot at Warrior Open, notices a new looking driver head and his first instinct is to rewind, pause, take photo, post to WRX... LOVE IT!!

Does Titleist participate in these forums like some of the other OEMs? if so, they've got to be shi**** their pants right about now. Two photos leak of the new driver in the same day.

I continue to be amazed by this community. anthony007 sees probably a 2 second clip of JW hitting a tee shot at Warrior Open, notices a new looking driver head and his first instinct is to rewind, pause, take photo, post to WRX... LOVE IT!!

Sh&&&ing their pants because there is buzz about their next driver release on a forum full of equipment addicts? I'm going to go ahead and guess they're not too worried about it. Even the thread lockdowns are just another form of marketing to build anticipation.

They are on here. They know what's going on. They are probably mildly pleased that there is some positive hype being mentioned regarding their upcoming product.

Titleist is a big results company. Hype is nice, but does it perform better than what else is out there is the real question. Well that and can GolfWRXers spin it less than 2K.

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

Sh&&&ing their pants because there is buzz about their next driver release on a forum full of equipment addicts? I'm going to go ahead and guess they're not too worried about it. Even the thread lockdowns are just another form of marketing to build anticipation.

I have to respectively disagree. yes, "buzz" is good, but Titleist likes to keep their releases very scheduled and new product info hush-hush until tour seeding. They are spending thousands to craft a marketing message that coincides with a specific release schedule to introduce new product to market with the message they want communicated. These guys don't want unanticipated leaks that aren't on their terms.

I can remember not but a few months ago the legal threats Taylormade sent to several folks on this forum about the M3/M4 leaks. We're talking BIG TIME money at stake here

I have to respectively disagree. yes, "buzz" is good, but Titleist likes to keep their releases very scheduled and new product info hush-hush until tour seeding. They are spending thousands to craft a marketing message that coincides with a specific release schedule to introduce new product to market with the message they want communicated. These guys don't want unanticipated leaks that aren't on their terms.

I can remember not but a few months ago the legal threats Taylormade sent to several folks on this forum about the M3/M4 leaks. We're talking BIG TIME money at stake here

It's all buzz and hype. The driver is done. It's coming out either way. They just want you to want it really, really badly. All the secretive stuff, thread closings, threatened legal action (hilarious), etc. is seriously just additional hype to build interest and desire to know more about the product. You really think TM intended to sue random internet forum posters for damages suffered by posting pictures of their driver 2 weeks before they did? What damages were suffered? Trust me, if they actually cared about this staying confidential, then Jimmy Walker wouldn't have that club in his bag out in public where spectators and cameras could see it. Once it gets to the point that he is walking around with the thing in his bag in a public place, they're ok with it being public. Any other fodder to the contrary is just smoke and mirrors geared toward making you and me want to buy their club.

It's all buzz and hype. The driver is done. It's coming out either way. They just want you to want it really, really badly. All the secretive stuff, thread closings, threatened legal action (hilarious), etc. is seriously just additional hype to build interest and desire to know more about the product. You really think TM intended to sue random internet forum posters for damages suffered by posting pictures of their driver 2 weeks before they did? What damages were suffered? Trust me, if they actually cared about this staying confidential, then Jimmy Walker wouldn't have that club in his bag out in public where spectators and cameras could see it. Once it gets to the point that he is walking around with the thing in his bag in a public place, they're ok with it being public. Any other fodder to the contrary is just smoke and mirrors geared toward making you and me want to buy their club.

Fine, I'm pre-ordering now... :idhitit:

With regard to how Titleist drivers stack up against the competition, here's the explanation I received. Many other OEMs have developed their drivers purely based on distance and ball speeds, have measured lofts lower than stated loft, and more internal draw bias by design. Titleist has always developed with total performance in mind with ball speed, launch, spin, looks, sound, & feel. They also stated that Titleist lofts are measured to be at stated loft or slightly higher by tolerance standards. So head to head stock setups another OEM may produce more optimal launch conditions, however using the SureFit CG and Hosel to adjust, Titleist can meet or beat it, with better looks, sound, & feel. That said, they've heard the consumers and developed the next line to compete with head to head ball speeds with anyone out there, while still maintaining their total performance philosophy.

All drivers are built to USGA max allowances and so much anymore is player preference. I'm looking forward to seeing what Titleist comes out with next. It'll be interesting to see how outside their 'traditional' box they go with their new release.

I'll put it in simple language: I had a Titleist rep that I trust tell me the new driver will be hotter because the other manufacturers have been beating Titleist on the launch monitor lately.

I'm still a Titleist fan and I play a 917D2 right now. I prefer the look, feel, overall package. But if what I heard is correct, it will be a hotter driver this fall. I just hope it doesn't feel "hollow" (my word- I know they ARE all hollow, but you know the feeling I mean.)

Doesn’t look anything like my Rogue SZ. Two cogs is only similarity, but less adjustment s on Titleist than Callaway.

Titleist is always improving their ball speed every new design, just never quite the longest. I can’t remember any model after the 975D that was considered “the driver” or tested with the other OEM distance wise. I hope they can produce one that is competitive, but have doubts since it appears they are retaining that weight tube.

Fine, I'm pre-ordering now... :idhitit:

Yeah? Well, me too.

With regard to how Titleist drivers stack up against the competition, here's the explanation I received. Many other OEMs have developed their drivers purely based on distance and ball speeds, have measured lofts lower than stated loft, and more internal draw bias by design. Titleist has always developed with total performance in mind with ball speed, launch, spin, looks, sound, & feel. They also stated that Titleist lofts are measured to be at stated loft or slightly higher by tolerance standards. So head to head stock setups another OEM may produce more optimal launch conditions, however using the SureFit CG and Hosel to adjust, Titleist can meet or beat it, with better looks, sound, & feel. That said, they've heard the consumers and developed the next line to compete with head to head ball speeds with anyone out there, while still maintaining their total performance philosophy.

All drivers are built to USGA max allowances and so much anymore is player preference. I'm looking forward to seeing what Titleist comes out with next. It'll be interesting to see how outside their 'traditional' box they go with their new release.

I'll put it in simple language: I had a Titleist rep that I trust tell me the new driver will be hotter because the other manufacturers have been beating Titleist on the launch monitor lately.

I'm still a Titleist fan and I play a 917D2 right now. I prefer the look, feel, overall package. But if what I heard is correct, it will be a hotter driver this fall. I just hope it doesn't feel "hollow" (my word- I know they ARE all hollow, but you know the feeling I mean.)

What it sounds like you're saying is that there will be a model that's a first and foremost ball speed model.

That being said, I can't imagine them risking their sizeably loyal core that puts a higher priority on look/sound/feel.

What I can see is that there's a bigger difference than ever between the D2 and D3 models (or whatever they decide to call it) where one model has a (for Titleist) non traditional look and/or sound while the other sticks to the core values.

I don't expect any radical change in clubhead color or funky graphics visible at address -- more that differences in shape or sound that may have been unthinkable could be on the table if it stomps down the talk about their drivers being unable to compete on distance stuff. Let the buyer decide where amongst their products they want to make the tradeoff.

Honestly with the way social media is now today, if Titleist didn't want people to see this driver, they simply would not allow their staffers to play it in tourneys where any cameras would be.

Nobody can honestly think that J. Walker went against Titleist and put a club in play without them knowing it too. It's all a calculated plotted scheme by Titleist I think.....and I'm a big Titleist fan so there's no hate from this post. It's definitely them (Titleist hoping that one of us would find it and stir the pot a bit and its working). It has everyone talking about a driver that no one has seen a "real detailed" pic of, that's great publicity I think.

Anyways just my $.02

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Honestly with the way social media is now today, if Titleist didn't want people to see this driver, they simply would not allow their staffers to play it in tourneys where any cameras would be.

Nobody can honestly think that J. Walker went against Titleist and put a club in play without them knowing it too. It's all a calculated plotted scheme by Titleist I think.....and I'm a big Titleist fan so there's no hate from this post. It's definitely them (Titleist hoping that one of us would find it and stir the pot a bit and its working). It has everyone talking about a driver that no one has seen a "real detailed" pic of, that's great publicity I think.

Anyways just my $.02

I tried sending you a PM, but it wouldn't go thru.

G400Max 10.5 Driver Red Velocore 6S
G410 5 Wood Tensei Orange stiff
Ping G410 Hybrid 22* & 26* Evenflo Black 6.0 stiff

Ping G Gap-6 iron Steelfiber i95 R.flex

Ping Anser 52* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Cleveland CBX 56* Steelfiber i95 R fles
Callaway X Tour 59.5* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Scotty Newport 2,  prov1x, Motocaddy M1

Anyways just my $.02

I tried sending you a PM, but it wouldn't go thru.

Hey Karl, thanks, yup it was full.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Doesn't look anything like my Rogue SZ. Two cogs is only similarity, but less adjustment s on Titleist than Callaway.

Titleist is always improving their ball speed every new design, just never quite the longest. I can't remember any model after the 975D that was considered "the driver" or tested with the other OEM distance wise. I hope they can produce one that is competitive, but have doubts since it appears they are retaining that weight tube.

You must not remember the 905R. That was the one!!! :wub: :wub:

PING G400 Max 

PING G400 3 wood

Still Searching for something in between

PING S55 4-PW

Vokey 50, 56, 60

Odyssey AI ONE Milled #1

Pro V1

What I can tell you is that I still have the 910 D3 in my bag. A week ago I was with a fitter for two hours and tried almost every combination of shaft/head I we could imagine and all of my numbers in regard to spin/ball speed/carry etc. we're almost exactly the same with my current 910 as every other Titleist head. I did however switch up my shaft from an Oban to a Diamana which is allowing me an additional 5-10 yards of carry. I have cintinueously tried to out a new stick in the bag and keep sticking with the 910. The only thing that I have considered switching to is the Callaway Rogue which is a beast. My fitter, who I have used for years told me to wait for the release of the 919 sometime around Oct. and compare it to the Rogue.

*T*

So they just said on the golf telecast that Kevin Na put a new driver in the bag and is 20 yards longer. Isn't he still a Titleist staffer? Could this be the new one?

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

So they just said on the golf telecast that Kevin Na put a new driver in the bag and is 20 yards longer. Isn't he still a Titleist staffer? Could this be the new one?

That is infact it. Like Neo, it is the one

TSi3 9° - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX  

TSi2 13.5° - Tensei Pro White 80TX 

TSi2 18° - Tensei Pro White 80TX

718 TMB 3 - Tensei Pro White 100TX

T100 4-GW - MMT 125TX

SM8 54° & 58° - MMT 125TX

Odyssey Big-T Blade                                                  

ProV1X                                                                  

Good ol’ Na, sticking Cally stickers on the Titleist Proto.

TSi3 9° - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX  

TSi2 13.5° - Tensei Pro White 80TX 

TSi2 18° - Tensei Pro White 80TX

718 TMB 3 - Tensei Pro White 100TX

T100 4-GW - MMT 125TX

SM8 54° & 58° - MMT 125TX

Odyssey Big-T Blade                                                  

ProV1X