Removing your hat at end of round

always, regardless of who i play with

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I suspect guys who don't remove their hat to shake hands are trying to hide something, like a bald head or hat hair.

I personally always remove the hat to shake hands, but as my user name suggests I'm a handsome looking rooster and have no such insecurities about my physical appearance.

Still, I understand why some guys leave their hat on, taking a hat off can add 20 years, especially those losers with male pattern baldness who grow their hair long at the back. They're not fooling anyone with the hat, leaving it on just confirms what their playing partners already thought; theyre playing golf with crusty the clown.

I suspect guys who don't remove their hat to shake hands are trying to hide something, like a bald head or hat hair.

I personally always remove the hat to shake hands, but as my user name suggests I'm a handsome looking rooster and have no such insecurities about my physical appearance.

Still, I understand why some guys leave their hat on, taking a hat off can add 20 years, especially those losers with male pattern baldness who grow their hair long at the back. They're not fooling anyone with the hat, leaving it on just confirms what their playing partners already thought; theyre playing golf with crusty the clown.

I don't have any insecurities about my physical appearance either. I'm one ugly a** baldy and I know it. I don't need to try and hide it because that would be pretty pointless. Its hard to hide ugly! I've long since come to terms with it.

I just don't feel the need to take off my hat at the end of the round. Whichever option the others choose is 100% ok by me..

I don't have any insecurities about my physical appearance either. I'm one ugly a** baldy and I know it. I don't need to try and hide it because that would be pretty pointless. Its hard to hide ugly! I've long since come to terms with it.

I just don't feel the need to take off my hat at the end of the round. Whichever option the others choose is 100% ok by me..

You got me lol. I am dog ugly and have a bald spot the size of a hockey puck on top of my head. But I'm old so it's to be expected.

I always remove my hat to shake hands, but not before running my hand through my sweaty hair first ?

I remove mine - reluctantly since I’m usually fumbling with something else at the same time like flag, glove, clubs, zipper, shirt tails, etc.

The primary reason i do it is that it helps the old guys remember my face (and if you’re older than me - congrats, you’ve beaten the odds). In fact, I’m usually contemplating whether to tell them to take a picture so they can ask Siri who the heck I am when they play me again for the thousandth time tomorrow. Only problem is then then they’ll ask me if Siri was the cart girl or the one at the halfway house.

As an older guy, too, I respectfully disagree. I have always removed my hat (and sunglasses) after a round when I shake hands with the members of my group. I truly feel this is a sign of respect, however, I do not judge others that don't.

I have always done this too when (playing with strangers). Props to removing the sunglasses too. Removing your hat and sunglasses so you you can look the person eye to eye to me is respect. Now with my regular partners I do none of the above and after the round I say " well you sucked again".But that's a different story.

I remove my hat and glasses after every single round, even if one of the playing partners is a ******. I think it shows respect for your playing partner, even if they don't deserve it.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

There's nothing inherently respectful about the gesture of removing one's hat...

Uh. Yeah, there is. That’s why we remove hats for the National Anthem or Pledge of Allegiance. It is an inherently respectful gesture.

I don’t think you know what ‘inherently’ means (plenty of words I don’t know, so...). The act of removing one’s hat in order to show respect is determined to be respectful by an association with tradition, not nature. It is a contrivance that has been adopted as a gesture. It has been given meaning by a lengthy, cross-generational, ubiquitous practice.

Hats have become a part of fashion and more importantly a part of a person's "look". A lot of guys are uncomfortable taking their hats off for a multitude of reasons and I understand that.

For me a hat and sun glasses are equipment I use for a specific purpose. So when I introduce myself or after a round I take them off for people to see "me". It's also why it's no big deal for me to take it off indoors. For me it serves no purpose there.

Cobra Bio Cell Pro
Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood
Mizuno MP-5 irons
Mizuno MP-R 54*, 60*
Odyssey White Ice 1

Still, I understand why some guys leave their hat on... especially those losers with male pattern baldness who grow their hair long at the back. They're not fooling anyone with the hat, leaving it on just confirms what their playing partners already thought; theyre playing golf with crusty the clown.

No doubt and partly spot on. That's the reason I recently started wearing a hat on a regular basis but for golf I have always worn a hat and almost never removed it for end of round (what I hope were) pleasantries. Still won't. When people would ask why I started wearing the hat on a more regular basis I just told them the crusty truth.

Now I have cut the hair for an upcoming business trip so the everyday wear hat is sitting on a shelf waiting for if/when I grow the hair out again.

Shakespeare.

I make a point of shaking hands unless someone's walked off the green early but hats ? Couldn't care less.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

I usually play alone, so in order to give myself a high five I leave my hat on. However, when I play with others, the hat and sunglasses always come off. I like seeing the big guys do it, and I think it is what Arnie would want. It really stuck out to me what guys didn't take their hat/visor off at the Masters during their press conference. I especially liked seeing the little kids take their hat off during the Drive, Chip, and Putt contest.

I think the tradition stems from medieval times when Knights would remove their helmet to show that they were amongst friends.

Regardless of the origin, it's tradition, and I would feel weird not removing my hat and sunglasses, but again I wouldn't judge someone who doesn't.

I wouldn't wear a hat indoors either.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

Arnold thinking...."These two a******s"

Thanks posting... Plenty of historical photos and videos of golf heroes not removing hats to shake hands.

Thanks. I'd never tell anyone that they're wrong to remove their hat, it just hasn't always been as universal as many people believe it has.

I think the tradition stems from medieval times when Knights would remove their helmet to show that they were amongst friends.

Regardless of the origin, it's tradition, and I would feel weird not removing my hat and sunglasses, but again I wouldn't judge someone who doesn't.

I wouldn't wear a hat indoors either.

I believe the military salute came from the same time period. Knights in armor raised visors with the right hand when meeting a comrade. This practice gradually became a way of showing respect and, in early American history, sometimes involved removing the hat.

Reference - https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-military-salute-3331994

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Removing your hat is a gesture of respect that is rooted in humility. By removing your hat you are making a gesture that states regardless of whether you are the winner or loser we respect each other and acknowledge when walking off the 18th green we are still equal among men. It saddens me to see so many traditions and acts of respect fall by the wayside. Good manners and etiquette have gotten me a lot further in life than my education.

Ping G400 Max AD DI 6
Exotics JX1 3 wood Fuji air speeder
Exotics EX10 3,4 Hybrid AD DI 50
Mizuno JPX 850 Nippon pro zelos
Yururi Gekku Raw 49,53,57 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0/Ping Anser 50,54,58 DG Spinner
Too many putters
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1099099-updated-rat-cave-its-done-maybe/"]WITB Link[/url]

Removing your hat is a gesture of respect that is rooted in humility. By removing your hat you are making a gesture that states regardless of whether you are the winner or loser we respect each other and acknowledge when walking off the 18th green we are still equal among men. It saddens me to see so many traditions and acts of respect fall by the wayside. Good manners and etiquette have gotten me a lot further in life than my education.

Or, playing your best and being a good sport is more important than some empty gesture.

I'm happy to shake hands and say, with a smile, "Thanks for your company."

Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play competitive golf.

I respect it, but do find it kinda gross seeing a tour player sweating all day, finish round, removes hat and runs hand trough sweaty hair and reaches for other players hand. Yeah I'm a germ phoebe, but tradition is tradition

Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
009 ProV1

I respect it, but do find it kinda gross seeing a tour player sweating all day, finish round, removes hat and runs hand trough sweaty hair and reaches for other players hand. Yeah I'm a germ phoebe, but tradition is tradition

About 5 minutes old. :swoon:

Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play competitive golf.