Ping I210 irons & Glide forged wedge

GolfWRX

And embargoed photos will get pulled off of here anyhow.

BTW, has anyone confirmed tungsten in the wedge toes? They have that framing around the loft stamp, and it's similar to when they stuffed it into the s55...

Yes - tungsten buried in the toe of the wedges. They're also much smaller than the Glide 2.0 wedges. And no sole grinds or custom grinds on them either. They're pretty confident it's the best wedge they've designed.

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do all manufacturers think that more forgiving irons MUST have loads of offset. Is there not a huge market for better players who want more forgiveness in the irons without the hook bias.

They don't make all 460cc drivers or even hybrids offset so why do it with the irons.

I like the slight progressive offset. Offset in the long irons helps with launching the ball and closing the face. Most players will benefit from this as the irons get longer - even many professionals.

I understand what you're saying. There may be a set of players who want forgiving irons with no offset whatsoever, but it's probably a very small market segment. The way PING has their iron lines arranged makes good sense.

Why do all manufacturers think that more forgiving irons MUST have loads of offset. Is there not a huge market for better players who want more forgiveness in the irons without the hook bias.

They don't make all 460cc drivers or even hybrids offset so why do it with the irons.

I like the slight progressive offset. Offset in the long irons helps with launching the ball and closing the face. Most players will benefit from this as the irons get longer - even many professionals.

I understand what you're saying. There may be a set of players who want forgiving irons with no offset whatsoever, but it's probably a very small market segment. The way PING has their iron lines arranged makes good sense.

I would like the i200 / 210 if they had no more than 0.14" of offset in a 4 iron, the same as the P790. The i200 has 0.19" and the difference is really noticeable, a deal breaker for me. Mizuno MMC has 0.13" as another reference point, so Ping is out of line with their direct competition

Cleaner and sharper than i200s these the new blades and forged wedges I have to say that Ping is making some of the best looking clubs in golf right now. I never thought I would say that about Ping clubs but I would be proud of a full bag of Ping clubs i210s or the blades with the new wedges.Great job Ping! Hey Srixon take note.

Is there an ES offering in the forged wedges? I'm not talking just a grind, but an identical profile to the current ES wedge?

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Get a reverse combo. I did it with iblade and i200. Pretty darn good set up. I200 7-p and iblade 4,5&6

Is there an ES offering in the forged wedges? I'm not talking just a grind, but an identical profile to the current ES wedge?

Everything so far seems to indicate that there is only one standard sole/grind offering. Perhaps that will change if the demand for these wedges justifies more consumer options.

What's in my Ping Pioneer Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5˚, Alta CB 55 S-Flex

Ping G400 5w, 7w, Alta CB 65 R-Flex
Ping G400 5h, 6h, Alta CB 70 R-Flex

Callaway Apex CF16 7-PW, UST Recoil 660 F3 R-Flex

Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome SM8 50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro AM2 Red R-Flex

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 64˚ Wedge, Recoil ES 760 F3

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 34”/74˚ Black with Custom 1+28 Sightlines, B.G.T. Stability Tour Black shaft w/ LAB Press OG 3.0 Grip

Srixon Z-Star XV Yellow | Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide Orange/Yellow, Seamus Headcovers

Callaway Chrome Soft #1 Lost Ball on Tour - Mark Crossfield

I would like the i200 / 210 if they had no more than 0.14" of offset in a 4 iron, the same as the P790. The i200 has 0.19" and the difference is really noticeable, a deal breaker for me. Mizuno MMC has 0.13" as another reference point, so Ping is out of line with their direct competition

For every 1 degree in loft that you bend the club, you add or decrease the offset for 0.16", so all you have to do is add 1/2* of loft to these clubs and you will decrease the offset by 0.08" and voila! you will have what you are looking for.

For every 1 degree in loft that you bend the club, you add or decrease the offset for 0.16", so all you have to do is add 1/2* of loft to these clubs and you will decrease the offset by 0.08" and voila! you will have what you are looking for.

According to Tom Wishon 2 degrees weaker = 1.5mm which is only 0.06". http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/523749-effect-of-bending-irons-weak-loft-on-offset/

Then see the experience of Nessism in that thread who found 2* still didn't move the dial

Solid suggestion, I just don't know if it would take 0.5 degrees or even more than 2 to get where I needed, but 2 would add too much bounce anyway

According to Tom Wishon 2 degrees weaker = 1.5mm which is only 0.06". http://www.golfwrx.c...loft-on-offset/

Then see the experience of Nessism in that thread who found 2* still didn't move the dial

Solid suggestion, I just don't know if it would take 0.5 degrees or even more than 2 to get where I needed, but 2 would add too much bounce anyway

Interesting numbers. I got my figures from Chris Voshall from Mizuno. I have no idea which is correct.

According to Tom Wishon 2 degrees weaker = 1.5mm which is only 0.06". http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/523749-effect-of-bending-irons-weak-loft-on-offset/

A master club builder can bend the offset out of irons that are a soft forging but I doubt a ping can be done

Everything so far seems to indicate that there is only one standard sole/grind offering. Perhaps that will change if the demand for these wedges justifies more consumer options.

Probably just the one off the shelf grind. I would imagine we’ll be able to order any of the custom grinds available through the Ping WRX department.

Ping G430 Max 9* HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 🇺🇸 LE

TM SIM Ti 5w Fuji Atmos Blue TS 7x

Ping G410 3h Fuji Atmos Blue TS 8HY

Titleist 816 5h Diamana Blue

Mizuno 919 Forged 6-P, HM Pro 5

Ping Glide Stealth 50 SS, 54 WS, 58 ES

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2022 slant

TM TP5

Probably just the one off the shelf grind. I would imagine we'll be able to order any of the custom grinds available through the Ping WRX department.

I hope you are right about the custom grinds.

What's in my Ping Pioneer Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5˚, Alta CB 55 S-Flex

Ping G400 5w, 7w, Alta CB 65 R-Flex
Ping G400 5h, 6h, Alta CB 70 R-Flex

Callaway Apex CF16 7-PW, UST Recoil 660 F3 R-Flex

Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome SM8 50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro AM2 Red R-Flex

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 64˚ Wedge, Recoil ES 760 F3

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 34”/74˚ Black with Custom 1+28 Sightlines, B.G.T. Stability Tour Black shaft w/ LAB Press OG 3.0 Grip

Srixon Z-Star XV Yellow | Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide Orange/Yellow, Seamus Headcovers

Callaway Chrome Soft #1 Lost Ball on Tour - Mark Crossfield

with i210's new CTP design the talking point is going to be about getting the elastomer even closer to the face.

Glide Forged the wedges all have tungsten embedded in the toe for increased MOI.

Dynamic Gold 105 will be stock in i210. and Dynamic Gold S300 in the Glide Forged Wedges.

So Ping has stopped using their own grips and now shafts. Any idea why ? Cheaper going with GP and TT.

true temper made alot of their steel shafts before, idk bout grips prolly GP or lamkin though

And yeah am nor too impressed with I210 like another poster stated...just mild tweak of I200 and not in a good way

I cant see any weight adjustability on the Glide forged wedge. That's probably a deal breaker for me as even the stainless Glide lob wedge with stick on weight that Ping produced for me at +0.75" came out at E1...…..it's currently back with them to consider making it less like swinging a sledgehammer

My Glide 2.0 Stealth wedges at +.5” came in at D5 & D6 which is perfect. Surprised to hear E1 at +.75. My biggest issue with ping has been getting the SW up in the woods.

Callaway Mavrik 9* - Rogue 125 70TX
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* - Riptide 70 6.5
Cobra King 3 Utility - Kuro Kage 100X

Wilson FG Tour V6 - X100
Glide 3.0 46, 51, 56, 60 - X100
Scotty Cameron Newport 3

I would be surprised if they didnt have custom grinds available through PingWRX

Im not saying they will, but I would be surprised if they didnt.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Order date is 7/16

WITB:

TSR2 10* @D1 Tour AD UB 6s

G430 5W @ flat neutral Tour AD UB 7s

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

'23 T200 Utility AD IZ 95S

'23 King Tour 5-G Modus 105S

RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack 54 Low+ and 58 Low

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Soft X

I cant see any weight adjustability on the Glide forged wedge. That's probably a deal breaker for me as even the stainless Glide lob wedge with stick on weight that Ping produced for me at +0.75" came out at E1...…..it's currently back with them to consider making it less like swinging a sledgehammer

My Glide 2.0 Stealth wedges at +.5” came in at D5 & D6 which is perfect. Surprised to hear E1 at +.75. My biggest issue with ping has been getting the SW up in the woods.

Well I'm now on the verge of ditching Ping period after 30 years of loyal custom. I actually sent 11 irons back to them as nothing had been built within 4 sw of what they told me was deliverable at the point of order. Because it took me a while to get the swingweights checked (no need right? - Ping know what they're doing....) they "agreed" to do the set for $75 equivalent as a gesture of goodwill. Now two weeks later they come back and every one is still way off and the guy in customer services virtually accused me of lying when I told him they had come back bad.

As a cross check I measured a load of Ping clubs in my local retailer which all came out similar to the quoted spec on the same machine. Same with non-Ping clubs too, but they still don't get that either my clubs are 4+ sw heavier than the agreed target, or every club I checked in the retail store (including theirs) is 4+ sw lighter than the spec each OEM gives out.

I should add this is Ping in the UK. When I have bought clubs and had dealings with Ping when I was in US they were first class in all respects.