Ping I210 irons & Glide forged wedge

GolfWRX

Heard from a ping staffer that the new wedges are going to be $280 Canadian each

I love PING, but this is absurd. Over $800 for 3 wedges is greedy, not to mention unattainable for golfers on a budget.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, the Glide 2.0 Stealths are 170 USD so these are going to be 15-20% more being they are forged.

I didn't think the exchange rate was that bad right now....

but looks like its about 260 in that cellophane s*** you guys call bills

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

well, the Glide 2.0 Stealths are 170 USD so these are going to be 15-20% more being they are forged.

I didn't think the exchange rate was that bad right now....

but looks like its about 260 in that cellophane s*** you guys call bills

$189.99 is what the 2.0’s, including stealth, is sold for here (also overpriced for a wedge).

Our bills are confident in themselves and therefore have no comment. However, we are more than happy to welcome you to our country to use said bills.

I am sorry, but the USD is sooooo not cool by comparison. I mean paper? really so 242 years ago.... we need different colors and places to create beer goggles in the middle of a 5 spot!

And how else are you supposed to check out the hot bartender chick through the 20 dollar bill, if YOU CANT SEE THROUGH IT?

One of my best buds lives in Brandford, outside Toronto. He comes down to Lake City for a couple of months at a time from around November to March/April.

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Heard from a ping staffer that the new wedges are going to be $280 Canadian each

I love PING, but this is absurd. Over $800 for 3 wedges is greedy, not to mention unattainable for golfers on a budget.

Wedges weren't designed and manufactured for golfers on a budget.

That’s the argument you’re going with? Wedges are designed to be sold and make their respective company’s profit. By the way, even “rich” people have budgets. You should look up the definition of the word rather than your connotation of it.

Wedges were sold for $119 USD brand new for years until the last couple of years. What’s changed? You realize the cost of this wedge is maybe a handful of dollars more than PING’s typical cost.

But yes, wedges aren’t designed for golfers on a budget. Such a logical statement.

That's the argument you're going with? Wedges are designed to be sold and make their respective company's profit. By the way, even "rich" people have budgets. You should look up the definition of the word rather than your connotation of it.

Wedges were sold for $119 USD brand new for years until the last couple of years. What's changed? You realize the cost of this wedge is maybe a handful of dollars more than PING's typical cost.

But yes, wedges aren't designed for golfers on a budget. Such a logical statement.

The wedge prices today don't bother me as much as the Driver and fairways. By the time you get out the door with a hybrid it's $250!

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

I am sorry, but the USD is sooooo not cool by comparison. I mean paper? really so 242 years ago.... we need different colors and places to create beer goggles in the middle of a 5 spot!

And how else are you supposed to check out the hot bartender chick through the 20 dollar bill, if YOU CANT SEE THROUGH IT?

One of my best buds lives in Brandford, outside Toronto. He comes down to Lake City for a couple of months at a time from around November to March/April.

US currency is not printed on paper.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

That’s the argument you’re going with? Wedges are designed to be sold and make their respective company’s profit. By the way, even “rich” people have budgets. You should look up the definition of the word rather than your connotation of it.

Wedges were sold for $119 USD brand new for years until the last couple of years. What’s changed? You realize the cost of this wedge is maybe a handful of dollars more than PING’s typical cost.

But yes, wedges aren’t designed for golfers on a budget. Such a logical statement.

If this price is true then these particular wedges were designed, manufactured and marketed for a different market of buyer then the budget minded golfer. You are acting super upset about the price so clearly you are not in Pings targeted market for this product. I own a VW but when VW owned Bugatti develops the Veyron for a different market than I can afford I dont angry at VW. Most of the major OEMs in golf are going for the high end consumer right now with specialty products. Ping deserves to cash in also.

It’s WAY CLOSER to paper (it might as well be paper even if it has silk fibers and whatever else in it) but have you ever seen a Canadian 20 dollar bill. It’s like clear cellophane in the middle!!! It’s awesome

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

It’s WAY CLOSER to paper (it might as well be paper even if it has silk fibers and whatever else in it) but have you ever seen a Canadian 20 dollar bill. It’s like clear cellophane in the middle!!! It’s awesome

US currency is printed on cotton/linen, which is why you can wash a dollar bill and it doesn't fall apart.

I have seen the Canadian currency and I agree, it is awesome.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

If this price is true then these particular wedges were designed, manufactured and marketed for a different market of buyer then the budget minded golfer. You are acting super upset about the price so clearly you are not in Pings targeted market for this product. I own a VW but when VW owned Bugatti develops the Veyron for a different market than I can afford I dont angry at VW. Most of the major OEMs in golf are going for the high end consumer right now with specialty products. Ping deserves to cash in also.

Well, if I’m spending $280 on a wedge, it’s not from a company that casts 99% of their clubs have done a poor job at the forgings they’ve done in the last 10 years.

PING should have released this exact wedge except cast and at the same price point as their current wedge line.

Edit: my argument is about making good business decisions, not what I can personally afford. I like PING and am invested in their decisions. Thanks for assuming I can’t afford a $280 wedge though.

US currency is printed on cotton/linen, which is why you can wash a dollar bill and it doesn't fall apart.

I have seen the Canadian currency and I agree, it is awesome.

Our currency is plastic. Won't crumple. Don't have to worry about leaving it in your pants when in the wash. Stays the same. Pretty awesome.

Ping Traverse

TM Qi10 10.5*

TM Qi10 4/7W

TM P790 5-AW

TM Hi Toe 3 54/58*

TM TP Black Soto

Mizuno RB Tour

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

I finally got to meet with my rep this past week, and both the i210 and especially the forged wedges look amazing in hand. The wedge might be the best looking wedge (to my eye) on the market right now, despite the price. To that point (price) PING understands it's a higher price point, and doesn't expect a lot of its wedge sales to be from this forged line. I hear they predict internally that less than 15% of their wedge sales will come from this, but they make it for the players that will appreciate it. Similar to the iBlades/sXX series. I've always heard that those models have historically made up only single digits percentages of their iron sales, yet they keep making them for Tour staff and the consumers that they are targeted for.

I didn’t realize there was such a thing as golfers on a budget.

Just because it's not a small budget, doesn't mean it's not a budget.

As in, most golfers don’t want to pay $260 for one PING wedge. That would be considered a budget of sorts. It’s why this wedge will get slaughtered by the other big players, because their wedges look good too and cost quite a bit less, with stock grind options. If I’m putting down that kind of coin, I’m calling Artisan and getting a wedge that fits me perfectly... and I’m a PING guy through and through. I’ve probably sold most of you reading my posts on some PING product or another.

I have a fitting scheduled for the i210 this thursday. My local shop's tracking info shows the fitting heads should arrive thursday. Hope thats correct as i've already sold my P790s. Ughh

Any reason why you are not trying the i500's ? Seems like they would be closer to the 790's

I’m imagining the i500s won’t be out for a while? Also, I don’t spin the 790s nearly enough and hit them too low. Not so much in 7-p of course but 4-6 iron is stupid low. I’d imagine I’ll be going to a weaker and lighter shaft as well.

Makes me a little sad that I just bought my i200s two months ago. These look great.

Don't feel said. I have i200's & was talking to a ping tour van rep last Wednesday when i was working as a volunteer at the web.com event 4th of July week. I had my irons with me so in the down time he let me hit them. To be honest really can't tell much difference most of what he was building was either blades or combo blade i200's?.. Those seemed to be the big request.

I have a fitting scheduled for the i210 this thursday. My local shop's tracking info shows the fitting heads should arrive thursday. Hope thats correct as i've already sold my P790s. Ughh

Any reason why you are not trying the i500's ? Seems like they would be closer to the 790's

I'm imagining the i500s won't be out for a while? Also, I don't spin the 790s nearly enough and hit them too low. Not so much in 7-p of course but 4-6 iron is stupid low. I'd imagine I'll be going to a weaker and lighter shaft as well.

they are coming out at the end of the month just like the i210... also, the 4/5/6 500 might hit launch the ball higher for you....

I am going to get fit for the i500s but am going to try to make myself keep an open mind and if the i210 is better ...

I will probably see if they will make the lofts of the 500s match or something, because they are so purdy....

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I'm imagining the i500s won't be out for a while? Also, I don't spin the 790s nearly enough and hit them too low. Not so much in 7-p of course but 4-6 iron is stupid low. I'd imagine I'll be going to a weaker and lighter shaft as well.

they are coming out at the end of the month just like the i210... also, the 4/5/6 500 might hit launch the ball higher for you....

I am going to get fit for the i500s but am going to try to make myself keep an open mind and if the i210 is better ...

I will probably see if they will make the lofts of the 500s match or something, because they are so purdy....

they are getting the i500 head as well thursday. I'm so pumped