2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Titleist's new TS 2 & TS 3 driver - shot @ 2018 US Open

GolfWRX

I feel your pain. I was in a motorcycle accident that took golf off of my plate for over two years. I have a bad right ankle and knee that still cause me to sometimes struggle with a full transition to a firm front side. I am thankful to still be able to play the game. I loved my Custom Harley and I still miss it and the yearly road trip to Sturgis, but following the death of two family friends from motorcycle related accidents and then my own accident that involved a Suburban cutting across two lanes of traffic to try to make a exit forcing me to lay my bike down I decided to eliminate the bike from my hobbies to make sure I was around to enjoy my children.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a personal level I'm not buying these clubs Nov-Feb. Is Titleist afraid to go head to head with TM and Cally in Spring. :D

I'm pretty sure TM releases a new driver in the Spring, late Spring, early Summer, Summer Solstice, Fall Equinox and pre-Christmas.

This comment is so five years ago. Guess you haven't noticed the new release and pricing policy they've had with their last 3 releases.

Alls I know is they have 12 drivers currently available on their website with the oldest one released in 2016.

On a personal level I'm not buying these clubs Nov-Feb. Is Titleist afraid to go head to head with TM and Cally in Spring. :D

I'm pretty sure TM releases a new driver in the Spring, late Spring, early Summer, Summer Solstice, Fall Equinox and pre-Christmas.

This comment is so five years ago. Guess you haven't noticed the new release and pricing policy they've had with their last 3 releases.

Alls I know is they have 12 drivers currently available on their website with the oldest one released in 2016.

I know of the '16M1, M2. '17M1, M2, '18 M3, M4. What are the others? I may count differently then you, but I get one release each of the last 3 years. But then again, why let facts get in the way of your TM rant...

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

TAYLORMADE Stealth 3HL & 7W

TAYLORMADE  Stealth 22* & 25*

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 54-12

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 58-10

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

I know of the '16M1, M2. '17M1, M2, '18 M3, M4. What are the others? I may count differently then you, but I get one release each of the last 3 years. But then again, why let facts get in the way of your TM rant...

I count 12 as well.

Okay, so what were the names of these clubs they released since 2016 that I haven't heard of?

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

And, besides, it was just a little joke albeit one of the things that drives me nuts about TM.

Incidentally, they have 8 or 10 iron sets on their current site; the oldest also being from the 2016 lineup.

Even so, hardly a "rant".

So I went to Taylormade's preowned website. They list the drivers I mentioned, plus the 2007, yes 2007!!! Burner, the R9 (not sure what year it came out, but it was before 2016. Taylormade.com lists only the ones I mentioned from two years ago. Guys are stuck on the old TM marketing, release cycles that we were all familiar with. The person behind that strategy left TM for Callaway around 2015-16. You can see his imprint there, as they have become eerily similar to the old Tm model in iron, fairway, driver releases since then.

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

MTM you must really hate Callaway and Titleist even more then Taylormade if you dislike companies with multiple iron releases. How many iron models does Titleist come out with every 2 years? 5? 6? 7? Imagine all those from 2016, 2018 if they still sold them on their website...

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

Okay, so what were the names of these clubs they released since 2016 that I haven't heard of?

Don't forget the D types and 440 heads.

M!'s and M3's are the 440 version, I think. I'm not aware of D models... could be wrong about that tho. I don't play their drivers.

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

Obviously speculation at this point, but it appears that the "2" model is taking a step back since the 917 D2 offers the surefit cg weights, but this new one will not.

That was my thought originally. Maybe their going the M1/2, M3/4 route? Meaning the TS2 is maybe $50 cheaper due to less adjustability?

I have no insight and this just pure speculation.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Very interested to see what OTR shaft offerings these will be released with, I believe I read somewhere the Tensei line will play a large part.

Taylormade Stealth + 10.5 (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60S)

Titleist 913F 15 (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70)

Titleist 712U 2I (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist 680 MB 4-W (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist Vokey SM5 50,54,58 (True Temper Dynamic Gold S200)

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 SS

ProV1

Obviously speculation at this point, but it appears that the "2" model is taking a step back since the 917 D2 offers the surefit cg weights, but this new one will not.

That was my thought originally. Maybe their going the M1/2, M3/4 route? Meaning the TS2 is maybe $50 cheaper due to less adjustability?

I have no insight and this just pure speculation.

I would assume this as well. They need a less expensive option in their lineup. $100 is a big difference to the price conscience buyer.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Don’t understand the various articles that think it is so amazing that the Drivers are being introduced at the USOpen instead of the usual cadence of introducing new stuff at the Quicken Loans tournament. Gosh it is a whole 2 weeks early. They way the articles were written you have thought it was months early. Will be interesting to see if they stick to their sales killer October release (toward end of season retail release, which then condemns the drivers to be second fiddle as old news come spring).

I count 12 as well.

There are actually 11 variants of men's drivers on the TM site. However, for the sake of the argument you are making, you can't count all of these options as "new releases". The release schedule was:

'16 M1 (460 and 430)

'16 M2 extension of the family but launched separately

'17 M1 & M2 (M1 440, M1 460, M2, M2 D-Type)

'18 M3 & M4 (M3 440, M3 460, M4, M4 D-Type)

That's ultimately 1 "TM Release" (rolling the '16 series into one release) per year.

Regardless, the joke is outdated... Time for some new material MTM

Face To crown profile looks Callaway esque

It looks like they hired Callaway or someone from their R&D department to design it!

That transition from face to crown should aid in aerodynamic efficiency from what I understand.

Maybe they got a design firm in China to "design" it

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

Michael Breed had a Titliest company homer on his show today. Says the release date is not set in stone but they are looking at September this year.

Heard the same thing from a different source. Won't know for sure until their July sales meeting, but October 1st seems to be the latest date they are considering with September being more than likely. It could end up like the past 718 release where people were quoted October but actually received their products in September.

I'm stupid and most likely wrong, but my guess is the reps get their carstock as soon as they get back from the sales meeting, demos follow shortly thereafter. Fittings for pre-sale start to take place late august to early September with product shipments starting mid September. They hit the big box shelves the first week of October.

I've heard that the TS2 and TS3 will feature Titleist's new "Prison Escape" technology.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g