Srixon's new Z785 driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

Anyone seeing any custom orders arrive yet? Crossing my fingers for early this week!! :to_become_senile:

My UPS quote says i should receive it on Wednesday! Just in time for a trip to Gamble Sands. Send it on it's maiden voyage in style.

Nice! What shaft did you order?

The Pro Orange has a 2 week back order if thats what you ordered. I talked to them and they said they expected to build those and ship them on the 17th.

Oh man I hope this isn’t true. I just ordered one with P.O. 70tx. Guess I’ll have to find a cheap Tm Head since I don’t have a driver right now

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I wish I was in need of a driver right now to force my hand into getting in on this deal. If it was the beginning of the season rather than the end, maybe. But, even a $100 upcharge for the pro orange isn't bad. I am eagerly awaiting reviews once these things start showing up.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Anyone able to compare the Srixons to the Ping G400 Max?

I've been hitting both the 585 and 785 for about 3 weeks now. Both are EXTREMELY good clubs...maybe some of the best driver's I've ever hit. I tend to favor the 785 though. It's set up a little better for me with the HC EvenFlow blue, deeper face, and less "left bias" (my miss is a big hook). Also the feel and sound of the 785 is a bit deeper and muted over the 585. 585 sounds and feels a bit more like say a PING G30...louder and more metallic. Not a bad sound or feel necessarily, but I just prefer a more muted sound. Both are HOT off the face, with the 785 being a bit more so for me. Both beat my Rogue SZ and, as badly as I hate to say it, my beloved G400, all day long. On any swing. Forgiveness is very high on both Srixons.

Overall I LOVE this new series by Srixon. And wait until you guys hit the hybrids! I, no joke, hit the 3 hybrid as far as my 3 WOOD rogue SZ fairway wood. With more height and stopping power.

There you go.

Ordered the 785 with PO 70tx. First driver I’ve ever bought site unseen. Too good a deal to pass up and I’m not in love with my cobra head anymore.

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Denali Black 60 6.5
  • TM M5 Tour 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

Wanting to pull the trigger, but wish they had a couple more shaft options...not that the selection is bad by any means. But don’t care for the hzrdus line, pro orange in 70 gram TX might be a bit much for me (already have the 60tx and it’s about perfect, but can be demanding when I’m not fully committed). May like the evenflow blue or the Tensei Pro blue, but worried about spin creeping up with those two shafts.

Wanting to pull the trigger, but wish they had a couple more shaft options...not that the selection is bad by any means. But don’t care for the hzrdus line, pro orange in 70 gram TX might be a bit much for me (already have the 60tx and it’s about perfect, but can be demanding when I’m not fully committed). May like the evenflow blue or the Tensei Pro blue, but worried about spin creeping up with those two shafts.

I have a bunch of store credit at my local Edwin Watts, and have been thinking hard about ordering one with a pro orange 70X, but I also have the same questions. I've never hit a driver with a PO, so there's that, and can't demo the head. I've been playing the same shaft since 2014, the made for Cobra Red Tie in X, I have a feeling I would do better with the Tensi Pro Blue 60 in TX, I think they both weigh 68 grams and have a more similar profile. But I want to try the Pro Orange....

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Titleist TSR2 5 wood C1 setting, Tensei 1K Black 75

Matlby TS3 4-5, Matlby TS4 6-GW, Recoil Dart V 105 F4

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 54, 60

Spider Tour S CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

The stores should have the pro orange in the fitting cart. Weird thing is they didn’t have the demo heads but grabbed one from the back for me and let me put the other shafts in.

Srixon said to me this morning that thebpro orange can be backordered until October but hopefully have some in this or next week. Atoms has a backorder as wel. Seems odd since their site said both shafts are in stock

I have a bunch of store credit at my local Edwin Watts, and have been thinking hard about ordering one with a pro orange 70X, but I also have the same questions. I've never hit a driver with a PO, so there's that, and can't demo the head. I've been playing the same shaft since 2014, the made for Cobra Red Tie in X, I have a feeling I would do better with the Tensi Pro Blue 60 in TX, I think they both weigh 68 grams and have a more similar profile. But I want to try the Pro Orange....

Yeah I have a feeling the Pro Orange is going to feel quite a bit more demanding than Red Tie you have. I have a Tensei Pro White 70TX and to me the Pro Orange 60TX feels like I have to be more committed than the White. I do get really good results with the Orange, but if I want to show up and swing “smooth” or ease one out there with the Orange, it probably isn’t going to go well. I also use an AD TP 7x and an AD IZ 6x sometimes (I like to mix it up) and those are shafts that I can hit the easy “ bunt” drives and still get good results with. Just not sure which shaft on there I can order that compares to those. I guess I could always get the Pro Orange 70 in Stiff and tip it a bit if needed, but would rather get something in X. Just don’t think I want to dive in to the pro orange in 70TX when I already have the 60TX and know I have to be swinging harder (for me) to get it to perform the way it should.

i am curious if all those getting this club with the orange shaft simply because they really want to try that shaft. or if they think it will actually fit there swing. which is it??

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

i am curious if all those getting this club with the orange shaft simply because they really want to try that shaft. or if they think it will actually fit there swing. which is it??

I think it's a case where taking a chance on a highly touted driver (so far) is a lot easier when you essentially get a premium shaft upgrade for free. If it doesn't work out, you still have the opportunity to try, keep, or sell a pretty expensive shaft.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I think it's a case where taking a chance on a highly touted driver (so far) is a lot easier when you essentially get a premium shaft upgrade for free. If it doesn't work out, you still have the opportunity to try, keep, or sell a pretty expensive shaft.

fair enough.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Just spent some time hitting 785 with HZRDS Black against my G400 max at an outdoor range with brand new range balls. No trackman, so this my opinion.

First off, I thought the Hzrds Black was great. I had never hit a hand crafted one before and thought the feel was great. I felt like i could 3/4 one or all out go for it.

The driver performed great. Flight looked great to my eye, appeared to be nice lower spinning bombs with a great feel at impact. Kinda of a nice thud feel/sound. This driver was very forgiving which was what shocked me the most. I hit some out on the toe that literally went a little right like a baby push. This should of been a low snap hook! It’s like twistface on steroids I guess. I hit some all over the face and couldn’t get it to do anything that would put the ball in the next fairway over.

Compared to G400:

It doesn’t look as forgiving as g400. Not as long from heel to toe and a little rounder face. The looks aren’t really amazing, but aren’t the worst I’ve seen.

There is no doubt that G400 max is a fairway finder, but I just never got on with the feel/sound. Nor do I think that G400 max is the longest. Not that it’s short. The flight of the 785 seemed to be what my longer drives with M1 used to look like. We shall see what happens on the course. If I can get some extra distance and add in the forgiveness...what else do you want.

I did buy it if you couldn’t figure that out.

Or return it within the 60 days for money back...

Driver: Titleist TSR2

Fairways: TaylorMade M1 (2017) Aldila Black; Cobra Baffler F6

Irons: Cobra KING Forged Tec Irons Steelfiber i110cw

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 54*; Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58*

Putter: Evnroll ER2 

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

The deal is just too good to pass up I think. That’s what drew me in. Same thought process as when you get a bunch of crap off the bst for a steal and you can’t resist, even if deep down you know you will be posting it again in a month or two. Worst case you get to play with something new and sexy for a few days and flip it and take a minimal loss.

The thing that might burn a bunch of us is that prices on the pro orange are already dropping now that tiger dumped it. Street price has dropped from like 350 to 300 already. I’m thinking once all these shafts from srixon flood the market it might be like 275. So we have to factor that in I guess.

The deal is just too good to pass up I think. That's what drew me in. Same thought process as when you get a bunch of crap off the bst for a steal and you can't resist, even if deep down you know you will be posting it again in a month or two. Worst case you get to play with something new and sexy for a few days and flip it and take a minimal loss.

The thing that might burn a bunch of us is that prices on the pro orange are already dropping now that tiger dumped it. Street price has dropped from like 350 to 300 already. I'm thinking once all these shafts from srixon flood the market it might be like 275. So we have to factor that in I guess.

This deal was too good for me to pass up too, ordered a 9.5 with the PO last week. I chose the PO because its profile is a bit different than anything I've tried previously and there wasn't an upcharge.

No need to take a minimal loss with this deal, like Damenace613 said the 60-Day guarantee gives you 2 months to put this thing through the wringer and return it for a full refund if it doesn't work out. If I end up liking the 785 but the PO doesn't fit me I'll probably take advantage of the 60-Day deal and return it and reorder with a Atmos Black, even if they start adding an upcharge for it it'll still be a decent deal.

Is Keegan going to put it in the bag this week?

Who knows, but not like we'll actually see him...

It took awhile but clearly he wasn't playing the Srixon Driver....... I'm pretty sure he had a Taylor Made in the bag for the BMW Win.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

Pulled the trigger on the 785 today ordered with the Pro Orange because o have been wanting to try it.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* set to 8* UST Mamiya LINQ Purple 7F5
Callaway Epic Flash 15* set to 14* UST V2 Tour 8F5
Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 18* UST Recoil Prototype 110F5 2* Flat
Srixon 785/Z Forged DGTI X100 2* Flat
Vokey SM8 Black 50/56/62 DGTI Onyx X100/S400 2* Flat
EVNROLL ER7/Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback both have Stability Shafts and P2 Aware Tour Grips
Snell MTB-X

Just spent some time hitting 785 with HZRDS Black against my G400 max at an outdoor range with brand new range balls. No trackman, so this my opinion.

First off, I thought the Hzrds Black was great. I had never hit a hand crafted one before and thought the feel was great. I felt like i could 3/4 one or all out go for it.

The driver performed great. Flight looked great to my eye, appeared to be nice lower spinning bombs with a great feel at impact. Kinda of a nice thud feel/sound. This driver was very forgiving which was what shocked me the most. I hit some out on the toe that literally went a little right like a baby push. This should of been a low snap hook! It’s like twistface on steroids I guess. I hit some all over the face and couldn’t get it to do anything that would put the ball in the next fairway over.

Compared to G400:

It doesn’t look as forgiving as g400. Not as long from heel to toe and a little rounder face. The looks aren’t really amazing, but aren’t the worst I’ve seen.

There is no doubt that G400 max is a fairway finder, but I just never got on with the feel/sound. Nor do I think that G400 max is the longest. Not that it’s short. The flight of the 785 seemed to be what my longer drives with M1 used to look like. We shall see what happens on the course. If I can get some extra distance and add in the forgiveness...what else do you want.

I did buy it if you couldn’t figure that out.

Great feedback. Thank you.

I am looking at the 3 wood on the website and see that it comes with a HZRDUS Red, but it’s not handcrafted. You can get the black or yellow handcrafted for no up-charge. No option for a Red handcrafted though. Very strange.

Agreed I asked about the Tensei Pro White since the offer the Blue and Orange. They said that shaft is less popular so they don’t carry it. Probably the same thing with the HZRDUS Red

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* set to 8* UST Mamiya LINQ Purple 7F5
Callaway Epic Flash 15* set to 14* UST V2 Tour 8F5
Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 18* UST Recoil Prototype 110F5 2* Flat
Srixon 785/Z Forged DGTI X100 2* Flat
Vokey SM8 Black 50/56/62 DGTI Onyx X100/S400 2* Flat
EVNROLL ER7/Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback both have Stability Shafts and P2 Aware Tour Grips
Snell MTB-X

I am looking at the 3 wood on the website and see that it comes with a HZRDUS Red, but it’s not handcrafted. You can get the black or yellow handcrafted for no up-charge. No option for a Red handcrafted though. Very strange.

If you order through an authorized retailer, the handcrafted red should be available no charge as well. There's a little confusion on the HC red for some reason, but I had my rep check with corporate, as it's listed as a no charge upgrade just like the HC yellow and black in the full catalog. It's what I'm having put in my staff 3 wood.

If you order through an authorized retailer, the handcrafted red should be available no charge as well. There's a little confusion on the HC red for some reason, but I had my rep check with corporate, as it's listed as a no charge upgrade just like the HC yellow and black in the full catalog. It's what I'm having put in my staff 3 wood.

Is the Red the best fairway shaft out of the Hzrdus line? It seems like the other offerings besides hzrdus aren’t available in 70 gram weights or am I wrong? It almost seems on the site that you can get any of the driver shafts in the 3 wood, but you obviously would want a heavier shaft for the 3 wood.

Anyone out there who's seen the FW in person agree that it looks a little closed? I was kinda bummed by the ones I saw but I wonder if there are some that may be a bit more square to open. I hit the hybrid and it felt great, I'd like to try the 3 wood as well but hoping for a more square to open look. Wonder if they would offer an option to request a handpicked open face.