2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

I must be out of the loop in the fashion world but I would definitely try those ABC pants.

For extra nether regions comfort, 2UNDR and Saxx are absolute musts. Never going back to standard boxer briefs again.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

I don't normally listen to pods at work, but this is a great tease. . .

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Saw the Caledonia/True Blue episode last night, couple of great tracks. Unfortunately they are easily 7+ hours from me - and I live south of the DC beltway.

Whiney, poutey Neil is not my favorite character though.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

We have a third entrant into the title of Least Technology Savvy member of the thread- a title currently shared by Kent01Putt and 2MoreTerpzXtreme. Siegel159, who if long standing members recall, once took 8 HOURS to figure out how to post a GIF to GolfWRX, just made his first contribution to the Pinehurst Trip Group Text Thread that we've had going for, oh, 2 months. He said that figuring out how to get on the Group Text thread on his Nokia Flip Phone was exceedingly difficult, and even harder to figure out than installing his Prodigy Internet CD onto his Tandy T800 computer.

• Like 1
Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

It was a decent episode.

The courses definitely looked like a fun time, for such flat land. It's cool that the courses are legitimately across the road from each other. It's definitely key for a golf trip to be able to play 2 different courses on the same day, without too much rushing or travel.

Neil looked like he couldn't find the planet off the tee. It seemed like he should've lost 9&8.

Big Randy's take on what he liked about the place was a very refreshing contrast to what the others usually have to offer. I also had a good laugh when he had no idea he had just lost the match with Soly on 18, and then let out a child-like "aww, man."

The fanboy showing up to play in a NLU visor, and polo was a real tough look. It was the grown man equivalent of a 13-year-old girl showing up to a Backstreet Boys concert with a t-shirt of the band, and a sign proclaiming her love.

Kostis is KILLING CBS.

$550!!!!

Pretty sure we paid like $300 last year, if that. Domes might remember.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Breaskfast is one girl making egg sandwiches for 100 people and the hot tub is the hose from the cart barn.

I hvaen't watched the NLU, but it's my understanding that Caledonia and True Blue are both Strantz courses, and that they're great. The Work Jerks used to do a Myrtle trip and they all loved those courses. Those are the guys who first clued me into Tobacco Road (like 15 years ago now).

I was supposed to play one of those and a Doak course called "Heathlands" one year. I was going to meet my parents as they drove up from Florida i March and then the forecast for that weekend for Carolina was tons and tons of rain so I just never went. And, yes, it did rain that whole weekend.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Both courses are far enough South that it would be worth flying to instead. A 7.5 hour drive from my place is probably 8-9 coming back in traffic. No way.The fanboy showing up to play in a NLU visor, and polo was a real tough look. It was the grown man equivalent of a 13-year-old girl showing up to a Backstreet Boys concert with a t-shirt of the band, and a sign proclaiming her love.

I thought the same thing, it was very weird. I was supposed to play one of those and a Doak course called "Heathlands" one year.

Heathlands is actually a pretty decent track, its at the Legends resort. We stayed there a couple times on my formerly annual trip. They actually offer IMO the best stay/play value in Myrtle. When we got a condo there one year the price was next to nothing and included all your food. The range was also lit and open late at night and the best part was your room key fit into a slot on the range ball dispenser so you could just roll up and get free balls anytime. I just cant handle that drive anymore though.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Heading down to pinehurst March 6-8 for the weekend. Got invited to play in the TR tourney.

Cant wait.. still my favorite course

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

True Blue, Caledonia are Strantz courses. First time I played True Blue me and a buddy hooked up with Lou & Skip Holz. True Blue the next year redid most of their greens and some tee boxes because it was to hard to play. Everyone played it as a one an done because it was very difficult. Heritage is my favorite course down there. They can put the flags in some very tough locations. Fairways are fairly wide and provide good angles into the many pin placement. Nice propriety and they offer a breakfast and lunch along with your greens fee last year. $45 GF

We are staying at the Legends resort. Heathland first day, with an alternate shot bonus round on Parkland. Moorland second day with Top Golf. Heritage third day, and Oyster Bay on the last as a get away round heading north. Breakfast and Lunch included with each round, and like DC mentioned, staying on-grounds with a lighted range/putting green. Playing Moorland like 20+ years ago, but haven't' seen the others. Slightly stoked.

• Like 1

This is an awesome setup, really love the way they run their packages there.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

The Kostis pod was fantastic. I listened to that on the way in this morning. I liked the episode from last night, too. The courses looked awesome and I'm a big Strantz fan. Would have preferred if they did each course separately, but whatevs. Neil appears to have a fantastic swing but I feel like I have more of a sense where my ball is going than he does. DJ's game gets better and better the more I see him.

Pinehurst cannot come quickly enough! It's looking to be way dryer than last year's trip, thankfully. Just about a week to go until the festivities begin. I have not hit a putt on a smooth green in many, many months, so I am looking forward to that.

Reed would put a wood down behind the ball in the rough. Then pull an iron and put it down behind the ball. Then a wedge. And at the end, he'd hit a wood...after he improved the lie and tamped down the grass behind the ball enough to make a clean path to it. Kostis said something about an incident where the ball was ankle deep when Reed walked up to it, but by the end of his "contemplation" he could read Callaway on the ball from the tower since he'd improved it so much.

Mostly laying irons down in the rough behind the ball until the grass was matted enough to hit a wood off. Or a couple times doing it near a green with a wedge or 2 before his lie was clean enough. Saw him do it in Hartford. Somewhere else.

Had no other stories about anyone modern except Reed. Said guys like that never think anyone is watching.

He also said it in the context of "I was working at CBS, so I couldn't be a part of a story. I could report if a rule violation happened, but I couldn't report a violation."

Mostly he made the point that CBS paid so much for rights for golf that their only obligation is to make money and therefore make sponsors happy, not viewers. He got in trouble after a rookie won his first tournament for not saying, "you just won 500 fed ex cup points." They told him he had to say that, so the next time he interviewed a winner, he intentionally didn't say it. LOL.

He articulated something quite well that I always think when people complain about golf coverage. . .in all other sports, there's only ONE BALL. In golf, there's a bunch of balls in the air. Like people complain about seeing shots on tape and people complain about not seeing enough shots. Those two things are incompatible. (some of this is me paraphrasing, but I liked the one ball thing)

It was good.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

The Kostis comments are on the front page, now. http://www.golfwrx.com/594534/peter-kostis-ive-seen-patrick-reed-improve-his-lie-four-times/?utm_source=Front&utm_medium=Featured_Center_Top&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=main

Highlights, which others have described above:“He put four or five clubs behind the ball, kind of faking whether he’s going to hit this shot or hit that shot. By the time he was done, he hit a frickin’ 3-wood out of there. When I saw it, it was a sand-wedge lay-up originally.”“We could never call a penalty on a player, but we could comment if a penalty was called on a player. That’s the difference. I couldn’t say anything. I can’t be the story. Now I’m done, I don’t really care.”“He hit it over the green and did the same thing. He put three or four clubs behind the ball. It was really a treacherous shot. Nobody had gotten close all day long from over there. By the time he was done, I could read ‘Callaway’ on the golf ball from my tower.”

How long until Reed sends Kostis a cease and desist letter?

Or actually sues him for deformation of character. <-- I don't even know if that's a thing in real life or just the movies.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I love Kostis but hate this story. Smacks of piling on and wanting to keep his name in the news. People who hate Reed already hate Reed - this isn't going to change anyone's mind.Mostly laying irons down in the rough behind the ball until the grass was matted enough to hit a wood off. Or a couple times doing it near a green with a wedge or 2 before his lie was clean enough. Saw him do it in Hartford. Somewhere else.Had no other stories about anyone modern except Reed. Said guys like that never think anyone is watching.

Clearly he hates Reed, I get it. But two things come to mind. 1 - the idea that over 30 years he - conveniently - only ever had a bad story to tell about Reed defies belief. 2 - also defies belief that he simply could not do anything about it. Woah is me, I cared so much about my job I cared more about that then the integrity of the game. Impossible for me to think that if he really cared as much as he claims, that he could not have pulled an official aside off the record and said hey, check the tape on X green. Heck guys got penalties because a random dude called in off the phone, you dont think Kostis could bring some weight off the record?

Also - I feel like we see the "pat the grass down" move at least a dozen times a year in events. No one can think Reed is the only guy that does it right?

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

I anyone surprised that Patrick Reed has been observed cheating previously?

I'm much more interested to hear Kostis admit that neither the network nor the tour "give a rats ass about the quality of the telecast." They just want the broadcasters to be cheerleaders for the tour. Maybe that shouldn't be much of a surprise, because if that is the prevailing view, it certainly shows.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee