2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

Was it also mentioned that ping has the hosel fracture issue?

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 230 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cleveland RTX Full Face 2 58/8 DG Spinner

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

The only problem with a ti fairway is how it fits in bag against driver distance. I have a thrives in the bag and it is maxed out about 25 yards less than the driver. I'm hoping this one will be very forgiving because we know it will come with a pile of distance. It's brilliant on tm's part to ditch the standard tour steel version because I don't think they are big sellers to begin with. Everyone seems to gravitate to the more forgiving m4 m2 etc

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Will any of this new tech prevent the TaylorMade woods from caving in or the tops exploding off. Brookes Koepka wants to know. He busted 3 this year and 1 on TV. I caved in every TM wood Ive ever owned. Great tech, super cheap materials and construction. Speed foam was the answer to all M irons faces caving in. I work for a retailer and guess what comes in broken every day. Check out ant TM drivers that have been hit a bit on the face on the toe section, youll feel a dip there. Totally unreliable. Id like to see actual numbers from TM on how many come back. Never seen a jailbreak head cave in, plus theyre better anyway. Maybe if TM concentrated on how to construct a club rather than steal others ideas theyd last. Twist face, slot tech, carbon crowns, speed foam, face inserts. Just ask Cobra, Wilson, Cobra, PXG, and Orlimar.They originally came up with all those ideas first. 8 years ago, 30 years ago, 15 years ago , 3 years ago, and 20 years ago. M5/6, double face with resin behind it. Ask KZG how the feel about them biting off the Gemini driver. Look all that up its not a lie.Will any of this new tech prevent the TaylorMade woods from caving in or the tops exploding off. Brookes Koepka wants to know. He busted 3 this year and 1 on TV. I caved in every TM wood Ive ever owned. Great tech, super cheap materials and construction. Speed foam was the answer to all M irons faces caving in. I work for a retailer and guess what comes in broken every day. Check out ant TM drivers that have been hit a bit on the face on the toe section, youll feel a dip there. Totally unreliable. Id like to see actual numbers from TM on how many come back. Never seen a jailbreak head cave in, plus theyre better anyway. Maybe if TM concentrated on how to construct a club rather than steal others ideas theyd last. Twist face, slot tech, carbon crowns, speed foam, face inserts. Just ask Cobra, Wilson, Cobra, PXG, and Orlimar.They originally came up with all those ideas first. 8 years ago, 30 years ago, 15 years ago , 3 years ago, and 20 years ago. M5/6, double face with resin behind it. Ask KZG how the feel about them biting off the Gemini driver. Look all that up its not a lie.

Damn man. Enough. You want to spill all the hate, go start a thread of your own.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Will any of this new tech prevent the TaylorMade woods from caving in or the tops exploding off. Brooke’s Koepka wants to know. He busted 3 this year and 1 on TV. I caved in every TM wood I’ve ever owned. Great tech, super cheap materials and construction. Speed foam was the answer to all M irons faces caving in. I work for a retailer and guess what comes in broken every day. Check out ant TM drivers that have been hit a bit on the face on the toe section, you’ll feel a dip there. Totally unreliable. I’d like to see actual numbers from TM on how many come back. Never seen a jailbreak head cave in, plus they’re better anyway. Maybe if TM concentrated on how to construct a club rather than steal others ideas they’d last. Twist face, slot tech, carbon crowns, speed foam, face inserts. Just ask Cobra, Wilson, Cobra, PXG, and Orlimar.They originally came up with all those ideas first. 8 years ago, 30 years ago, 15 years ago , 3 years ago, and 20 years ago. M5/6, double face with resin behind it. Ask KZG how the feel about them biting off the Gemini driver. Look all that up it’s not a lie.Will any of this new tech prevent the TaylorMade woods from caving in or the tops exploding off. Brooke’s Koepka wants to know. He busted 3 this year and 1 on TV. I caved in every TM wood I’ve ever owned. Great tech, super cheap materials and construction. Speed foam was the answer to all M irons faces caving in. I work for a retailer and guess what comes in broken every day. Check out ant TM drivers that have been hit a bit on the face on the toe section, you’ll feel a dip there. Totally unreliable. I’d like to see actual numbers from TM on how many come back. Never seen a jailbreak head cave in, plus they’re better anyway. Maybe if TM concentrated on how to construct a club rather than steal others ideas they’d last. Twist face, slot tech, carbon crowns, speed foam, face inserts. Just ask Cobra, Wilson, Cobra, PXG, and Orlimar.They originally came up with all those ideas first. 8 years ago, 30 years ago, 15 years ago , 3 years ago, and 20 years ago. M5/6, double face with resin behind it. Ask KZG how the feel about them biting off the Gemini driver. Look all that up it’s not a lie.

Damn man. Enough. You want to spill all the hate, go start a thread of your own.

Seriously, just wasted 30 seconds of my life reading that twice.

You lost me when you "claimed" that Callaway drivers don’t break, now THATS hilarious! I’ve seen WAY more Cally crowns crack than TM, including 2 of my Rogue SZ’s, one cracked along the front of the crown all the way across and a jailbreak rod broke on my other one, so your claims are complete BS. Take it somewhere else or just keep it to yourself.

Back on topic

The new M5 Tour head beat my M3 Tour head by 7mph ball speed....

All variables equal...TP5 range balls.

Fairway or driver?

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S Driver

Callaway AI Smoke TD Tensei AV White 75 Stiff 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff Hybrids

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5 Irons

Cleveland RTX 6 48.10, 54.10, 60.12 TI DG Spinner Wedges

Ping Oslo 4 PLD Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

Taylormade developed an amazing way, with speed foam to increase ball speed. But it was a reaction to the M irons faces caving in due to the tech overpowering the durability. They probably have many versions of it. In inner circles it’s known that it’s a pain in the butt to put something behind a face for speed or feel without slowing the face down. High face flex =crappy clacky feel. So taylormade, Callaway and pxg figured it out in irons. Most everyone else leaves the iron hollow or doesn’t make a hollow body. That issue isn’t a problem with huge driver faces which are easier to get to flex, which is why drivers are the only club with face speed restrictions. The other clubs due to being shorter, more lofted, spinnier, and smaller faces have to do a lot to get speed up. Drivers are a dead club, pretty much maxed out. Focus on the shaft dynamics, and settup to improve performance. Most players don’t settup behind or stay behind the ball enough to upswing it and release it properly.

Thanks for the info and opinions. Just to clarify, driver is not the only club with the COR restriction.

Drivers are not tested for COR. The CT test is used. Other clubs are tested for COR.

My bad. I was using COR/CT interchangeably, which was a mistake.

Nothing like being the guy who chimes in "just to clarify" to only be half right.

lol

at myself

I was hoping you were saying m5 fairway. Good excited :)

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S Driver

Callaway AI Smoke TD Tensei AV White 75 Stiff 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff Hybrids

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5 Irons

Cleveland RTX 6 48.10, 54.10, 60.12 TI DG Spinner Wedges

Ping Oslo 4 PLD Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

if you're talking Retail Callaway has been the number one selling wood for at least 12 months or more. No one but Taylormade will ever be able to claim #1 driver on Tour because if I remember correctly they have that phrase trademarked. Just like odessey has #1 Putter on Tour trademarked.

I'm expecting the M6 to be a game changer for TM as Callaway and Ping really took a bite into their market share the last 2 years as the M3 M4 really wasn't on par with the greatness they had w the M2. Looking forward to demoing this driver this Spring .TM doesn't make any bad drivers their usually setting the bar for everyone else .OPTOMISTIC

I guess you based that market share comment on the Darrell Survey And Report. Could you share?

Actually DataTech shows Callaway #2 in driver share the last two months...

New Bag in the making...

Back on topic

The new M5 Tour head beat my M3 Tour head by 7mph ball speed....

All variables equal...TP5 range balls.

Fairway or driver?

Driver

FW testing next week

May I ask your swing speed for reference?

115, controlled

Sorry, that is relevant and important for the data.

Yeah,lol.....I'm low 90's guy.....I ain't seeing mph ballspeed increase but I will take MORE lateral adjustments with U track over Y track!

if you're talking Retail Callaway has been the number one selling wood for at least 12 months or more. No one but Taylormade will ever be able to claim #1 driver on Tour because if I remember correctly they have that phrase trademarked. Just like odessey has #1 Putter on Tour trademarked.

I'm expecting the M6 to be a game changer for TM as Callaway and Ping really took a bite into their market share the last 2 years as the M3 M4 really wasn't on par with the greatness they had w the M2. Looking forward to demoing this driver this Spring .TM doesn't make any bad drivers their usually setting the bar for everyone else .OPTOMISTIC

I guess you based that market share comment on the Darrell Survey And Report. Could you share?

Actually DataTech shows Callaway #2 in driver share the last two months...

TaylorMade is #1 in driver share and will most likely increase this year.

Callaway caught the market at a good time when they moved to #1. They had a solid product and TM had the same name and basically the same cosmetic, that is an issue when attempting to sell hope.

TM M6 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S Velocore 
TM GAPR Hi 3 KBS C-Taper Lite
TM 2011 Tour Issue MC 4-PW KBS Tour 120
TM MG2 Nickel 50 and 54 KBS Tour 120

TM MG2 Raw 58 KBS Tour 120
TM Black Copper Soto TP Collection 34in
TM TP5X balls Yellow/Pix

Yeah, I'm afraid to buy a driver these days, I've had breakage issues with cally and TM. Ping and titleist seem most durable...maybe I should keep that TS3....hmmm.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

11 more sleeps...

Now you’re teasing me like my ex girlfriend

I hope it’s like a bigger headed m1/3. They felt the most solid but the head size was too small. It became unplayable after a few vodkas sodas.

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

11 more sleeps...

Daaaaaamn, just show it already :D

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

Absolutely can’t wait for our demos to arrive. M6 Driver...M5 fwy...

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Absolutely can’t wait for our demos to arrive. M6 Driver...M5 fwy...

I love my bag as is however the M6 driver has my attention! The M6 driver will have its work cut out for it to unseat my M4 driver. The M4 improved my overall driving accuracy and distance which led to better scores. I’m super happy with my fairway wood and hybrids so I doubt there’ll be any change there.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

I might as well just declare bankruptcy before calendar year end! It’s going to cost $1500 Canadian for a pro orange upgraded 435 and ti fairway but boy would that look sweet in the bag!

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

So that writing is the 65g weight? That should make it forgiving if is at the back. The last fairway was maybe the bb 915 with such a weight plug?

I might as well just declare bankruptcy before calendar year end! It’s going to cost $1500 Canadian for a pro orange upgraded 435 and ti fairway but boy would that look sweet in the bag!

Buy now and worry about paying later...

Agree. Markets are tanking. Time to buy.

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

So that writing is the 65g weight? That should make it forgiving if is at the back. The last fairway was maybe the bb 915 with such a weight plug?

Buy now and worry about paying later...

Agree. Markets are tanking. Time to buy.

Agreed! I keep telling myself that I am stimulating the economy with my habits...

11 more sleeps...

You are killing me man. I see the Ti logo on that sneak peak:)

I just got goose bumps.....

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")