Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

In his review Epic Flash Sub Zero was 4-5 MPH faster ...

Epic Flash subzero is 2-3 mph faster than M6 in his review.

Was he optimally fit for each driver before testing? Were they the same length? Were the clubs tested on the same day? Were the strikes in the same location, because in the m5 video he wasn't close to the center of the face. Etc.

There are too many unknown factors to make a reasonable comparison.

It seems that very few if none of the YouTube reviewers are actually fit into the clubs they "review". They more or less are testing samples straight out of the box, with maybe a shaft change to something they hit well (in another head, nonetheless). I noticed that he didn't hit center very much as well, but surprisingly his ball speed didn't vary much at all despite hitting it all over. That in and of itself was interesting to me.

The numbers are the numbers.. maybe they'd flip around by RS was 3 MPH faster too.. and in the new Taylormade promo video, none of the pros are mentioning it got faster just "wow it's so strait" "wow that went 300! That's all you need!" Lol

But that stuff does matter (even to ball speed) when comparison testing. Things need to be normalized/standardized to get any kind of true apples to apples comparison. Even TollBros mentions this (they do extensive testing on clubs here in our own forum, and put out some very useful info and data for our use).

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1727830-rick-shiels-m5-m6-review/page__st__60?do=findComment&comment=18442090

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

I have these in hand and will drop some thoughts and numbers later after I get a chance to jump on a monitor.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Everyone seems to be getting worked up about volume of the clubs, but I would argue that there are large cc clubs that look and feel small when swinging and vice versa. I would say the weight, centre of gravity and turf interaction would be more impactful than the actual cc of a club?

WITB 2017
TM M1 '17 Tensei Blue X
TM M2 15* KK X
TM M3 3Hy Tensei Blue S
TM P770 PX 6.0 5-PW Z grips
Callaway MD3 52* & 58*
TM Spider Tour DJ
TM TP5 pix

Is anyone gonna say anything negative, EVER? It seems that people get these clubs to review and the kickback is they are so nice yet they wanna say “Ball speed is down...not what I expected and it is not acceptable with all these claims and the new tech in the club.”

Anyone disagree?

It's a fine line. They can't get too aggressive with OEM's or they'll find that they are no longer getting clubs and able to do the reviews in the first place. On the other hand, all of these drivers are are pretty much equally good. How could they say a driver is unacceptable??

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

The online reviews are getting redundant. The better reviews are from TXG . More in depth. Better handicap testing and fitting. More diverse topics.

Of course I guess I’m a little biased being a Canuck

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Got a chance today to hit the M5 and M6 drivers plus the M6 FW. The demos came in at my local GG. On all clubs they feel like the prior generation M series product. Sound the same as well. The look from address is good and the mat black crown is easy to look at. my one complaint is that TM went 45.75" long in both drivers. It felt like I was swinging a long drive driver. I know the length can be changed easily but would have to had more weight to the head. Plus the M5 head weighs out to 203g with adapter. M6 is around 200g.

Got a chance today to hit the M5 and M6 drivers plus the M6 FW. The demos came in at my local GG. On all clubs they feel like the prior generation M series product. Sound the same as well. The look from address is good and the mat black crown is easy to look at. my one complaint is that TM went 45.75" long in both drivers. It felt like I was swinging a long drive driver. I know the length can be changed easily but would have to had more weight to the head. Plus the M5 head weighs out to 203g with adapter. M6 is around 200g.

Stock shafts or something familiar?

Stock shafts or something familiar?

stock Tensei Orange.

I have these in hand and will drop some thoughts and numbers later after I get a chance to jump on a monitor.

Do some volume testing while you’re at it.

What do you mean?

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

EXCUSE ME, are you actually saying that the M5 sounds and feels the same as the M3??? If that is your statement you are clearly wrong. I have played with them side by side for the past 10 days and I have had some friends experience them both. There is no discussion here. Now my two clubs do not have stock shafts but both have Fujikura Speeder Evolution shafts with the weights in similar fairly neutral spots. The M5 is more muted and solid and the M3 is louder and more "metallic". Not only myself and friends experienced this but it has been mentioned by some of the online blogger/video testers. The flight of the M5 is also higher with all else being the same.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

EXCUSE ME, are you actually saying that the M5 sounds and feels the same as the M3??? If that is your statement you are clearly wrong. I have played with them side by side for the past 10 days and I have had some friends experience them both. There is no discussion here. Now my two clubs do not have stock shafts but both have Fujikura Speeder Evolution shafts with the weights in similar fairly neutral spots. The M5 is more muted and solid and the M3 is louder and more "metallic". Not only myself and friends experienced this but it has been mentioned by some of the online blogger/video testers. The flight of the M5 is also higher with all else being the same.

Would you say there are enough gains in yardage or dispersion to make buying one worth it? My M3 is working well BUT if I could add height without more spin AND gain yardage.....hmmmm

[media=]

[/media]

Is anyone gonna say anything negative, EVER? It seems that people get these clubs to review and the kickback is they are so nice yet they wanna say "Ball speed is down...not what I expected and it is not acceptable with all these claims and the new tech in the club."

Anyone disagree?

It's a fine line. They can't get too aggressive with OEM's or they'll find that they are no longer getting clubs and able to do the reviews in the first place. On the other hand, all of these drivers are are pretty much equally good. How could they say a driver is unacceptable??

That is why I wait it out here. Wait for dozens of fittings and trackman sessions then members here come back and report out the data. The truth eventually get s through. Even after the trackman sessions you have to allow them time to game them under pressure to see if that length stays in play as well.

I can't even trust myself anymore on trackman. I have had sessions where my bias can reach deeper for 1-2 mph more for the driver I want to play. You can make one driver shine by kicking out bad shots and or hitting way more with the one you like and then cherry picking the shots.

The truth comes after you gather dozens of data points (individual members here) and look for a trend. Kicking out the fanboys IMO is important as well.

But after a few months you hear and read trends. Some of the drivers are longer but after a few weeks or months you see and read that they were hard to keep int he fairway. The cream rises to the top.

Would you say there are enough gains in yardage or dispersion to make buying one worth it? My M3 is working well BUT if I could add height without more spin AND gain yardage.....hmmmm

what I was saying it sounds like a TM driver form the past few years. That muted dead sound. I am one of those that likes a little tingy sound in my metal woods and hybrids.

Maybe TM post on here to confirm the actual size?

WEBSITE has it as 161cc for std M5 3wd....161cc

What about the M6 fwy?

Doesn't show on page......hmmmmm

They look so good. I did comparison pics for both driver and fw here... http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1732904-2019-taylormade-m5-m6-driver-and-fw-pics/

Here is a few comparison pics...

[media=]

[/media]

Is anyone gonna say anything negative, EVER? It seems that people get these clubs to review and the kickback is they are so nice yet they wanna say "Ball speed is down...not what I expected and it is not acceptable with all these claims and the new tech in the club."

Anyone disagree?

That is why I wait it out here. Wait for dozens of fittings and trackman sessions then members here come back and report out the data. The truth eventually get s through. Even after the trackman sessions you have to allow them time to game them under pressure to see if that length stays in play as well.

I can't even trust myself anymore on trackman. I have had sessions where my bias can reach deeper for 1-2 mph more for the driver I want to play. You can make one driver shine by kicking out bad shots and or hitting way more with the one you like and then cherry picking the shots.

The truth comes after you gather dozens of data points (individual members here) and look for a trend. Kicking out the fanboys IMO is important as well.

But after a few months you hear and read trends. Some of the drivers are longer but after a few weeks or months you see and read that they were hard to keep int he fairway. The cream rises to the top.

Without having the resources locally to really get a good fitting, I have to rely on this method quite a bit. I've pulled the trigger early and regretted it in the past. I pre-ordered this year just for simplicity sake (already had shafts). Hoping it doesn't bite me in the rear.

I've been steered to some good clubs this way. Some of my favorite clubs, I never would have tried unless I read about them here first.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Maybe TM post on here to confirm the actual size?

WEBSITE has it as 161cc for std M5 3wd....161cc

What about the M6 fwy?

Doesn't show on page......hmmmmm

They look so good. I did comparison pics for both driver and fw here... http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1732904-2019-taylormade-m5-m6-driver-and-fw-pics/

Here is a few comparison pics...

M5 looking real nice! On a side note....

Easyyy, do you know why I can never access posts you start on the WRX mobile app?

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Well that is what I am seeing but it has been very wet here in the N Cal and while I have been getting more carry, I can't tell yet when it comes to total with run. For that reason I am taking both to Orlando for the games there and the Show. The M3 that I am taking is the 440, the M5 is the 460. Otherwise pretty equal. Stay tuned.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

2019 wont be TM's best year. Demo'd these, and they aren't good. They don't feel good and they look cheap. Coupled with the swing and miss in the 760's, they've got a lot of work to do to reinvent themselves. I have had the M1 for some time and now the M3, but won't be buying TM this year.

You are either trying to stir it up or you can't play golf at all obviously or maybe you are too involved with another OEM (tip for you: that means Original Equipment Manufacturer).

Well that is what I am seeing but it has been very wet here in the N Cal and while I have been getting more carry, I can't tell yet when it comes to total with run. For that reason I am taking both to Orlando for the games there and the Show. The M3 that I am taking is the 440, the M5 is the 460. Otherwise pretty equal. Stay tuned.

Where are you in NorCal? I just moved up to Napa and thought I saw a post earlier say you are in the area. Wet is an understatement this winter especially moving from San Diego

Where are you in NorCal? I just moved up to Napa and thought I saw a post earlier say you are in the area. Wet is an understatement this winter especially moving from San Diego

I am in Napa. Send me a direct message to my profile page.