2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

Curious thing about this evolution. I called Taylormade today and told them I would like the shaft trimmed a half inch and I wanted hot melt to make up the loss of material for the head to get back to D3. The lady on the phone legitimately told me she can't help at all. How the hell can you offer a custom club setup and then not offer to accommodate a certain swing weight? Not even put lead tape on the head?

Taylormade made me wonder about that.

And this is why places like Club Champion and other custom fitters are in business. The club builders I use alway get my specs bang on! If I ask for a driver head to be hotmelted to a specific weight, they get it spot on. They even text pics of the clubhead on the scale after they hotmelt it.

That's good. I'm glad they're hooking you up. Here is the thing, I am dealing directly with TM on this and I get it. They're busy. But, I'm not asking for the world here.

I'll bring the club to my local spot to get the swingweight re-checked and adjusted but, I shouldn't have to. TM should be paying for that, in my mind. That is a part of the custom order, in my mind.

As noodle said, this isn't new. Most companies now won't attempt custom swingweights. I'm a retailer for just about every major company aside from PXG, and PING and (sometimes) Titleist are the only companies that will still do it. Callaway flat out refuses as well. They will send weight kits to let the customer try themselves, but will not do it in house.

Curious thing about this evolution. I called Taylormade today and told them I would like the shaft trimmed a half inch and I wanted hot melt to make up the loss of material for the head to get back to D3. The lady on the phone legitimately told me she can't help at all. How the hell can you offer a custom club setup and then not offer to accommodate a certain swing weight? Not even put lead tape on the head?

And this is why places like Club Champion and other custom fitters are in business. The club builders I use alway get my specs bang on! If I ask for a driver head to be hotmelted to a specific weight, they get it spot on. They even text pics of the clubhead on the scale after they hotmelt it.

That's good. I'm glad they're hooking you up. Here is the thing, I am dealing directly with TM on this and I get it. They're busy. But, I'm not asking for the world here.

I'll bring the club to my local spot to get the swingweight re-checked and adjusted but, I shouldn't have to. TM should be paying for that, in my mind. That is a part of the custom order, in my mind.

There is no way they would ever stay in business if they did custom hotmelt orders for swing weight and the amount requesting it is 0.0001% of the sales. I’m aiming to get the swing weight “close” by a combination of shaft weight option and then length. I get it, but expectations will not be met with the OEM’s. the fact that Titleist might still do it for retail customers as a shareholder I would ask this to be eliminated.

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cobra Snakebite 23 V 58 Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Exactly. And custom fitters can afford to take smaller margins and profitability as a private company , it keeps them in business for the personalized service. Btw I would charge more for hotmelting if I owned the company.

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Got to hit the new drivers today indoors on a Trackman 4 and initial testing proved to me that the speed is there and the shape and sound is awesome.

M6 worked better for me, it gave me better more optimal numbers. Gained around 4mph ballspeed compared to my M4. 2017 Pro V1 as the ball.

M5 I got slower swing speeds for some reason, but the sound is really nice. And the spin was lowwwww, got few 1800 (calculated) and that's not enough for me, need 2000+. The 460cc head looks compact, wonder how small the M5 Tour will be. In the pic M5 460 vs M4.

Got to test in a few shafts and my gamer also but in the end winter swing was providing very inconsistent strikes, so wont take too much from it.. All in all left a very good feel hitting the demo heads, price is mad high here in Europe, M5 is 599¤ = $680 and M6 is $600. So not sure is the 4mph and new looks worth the money..

am I in the monitory that prefers the look of the m4 with more grey on the top? Flows better to my eye.

There is no way they would ever stay in business if they did custom hotmelt orders for swing weight and the amount requesting it is 0.0001% of the sales. I’m aiming to get the swing weight “close” by a combination of shaft weight option and then length. I get it, but expectations will not be met with the OEM’s. the fact that Titleist might still do it for retail customers as a shareholder I would ask this to be eliminated.

Although I wouldn't necessarily expect an OEM to hotmelt a head for retail customers, on woods with external weights I would expect them to adjust SW based on customer requests (within reason of course). With the M5 & M6 for example, considering the different weights of stock shafts they already have to do something in order to reach the target D4 SW.

Fortunately I have SW & loft/lie machines here at the house, so I can make various measurements and adjustments on my own. But for the vast majority, you really don't know what the manufacturer has sent you. In terms of custom irons, in my experience over the past 6-7 years I can say that Titleist & Mizuno do excellent work with respect to custom lofts/lie/SW (Titleist in particular), and this attention to detail makes me very happy to be a customer. Of course loft & lie on woods is another story - difficult to measure so unless you get a tour head you will probably never know what you have.

Rogue ST LS 10.5 | TSi2 15 | G425 4H 20.5 | ZX4 4 | ZX5 5-P | CBX ZC 48 & 52.5 | Glide 2.0 Stealth 58 | Itsy Bitsy Spider | TP5x

But TM has never adjusted SW on custom orders. This isn’t new.

My M6 driver with no upcharge shaft cut to my desired length and SW is the same price as what TM charge without the SW adjustment.

Yea. I mean. Swing weight doesn’t matter anyway. Lol

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Another tour issue m6 on eBay looks like same seller. If I was paying 1500$ I’d want better ct then 243/237

Thought they were at the limit with every head ?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I've got some Global Golf rewards that have been burning a hole in my pocket and I'm really tempted to use them towards the M5 titanium 3 wood. Somebody convince me it's a good idea...

It's a good idea

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

Ive got some Global Golf rewards that have been burning a hole in my pocket and Im really tempted to use them towards the M5 titanium 3 wood. Somebody convince me its a good idea...

It’s a very good idea. I’m predicting, by the end of the season it will be the most played FW on tour. It’s that good!

I hit it the other day and the sound and feel was incredible! I haven’t gamed a Ti FW since the r580, and this bad boy will be going in my bag before making a decision on the M5/M5 tour driver. I placed my pre-order today for the 3w 15* with the Pro 2.0 TS 8X. Should be a monster combo, if not shaft will go on BST and I’ll try and get my hands on a PO 80, PW 80 or DF 80. Looks like I should have it by Feb 8 or 9th. Let the waiting game begin.....

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

M5 Head weights are coming in right at 196 without adapter. Same weights as M3 to tinker with Swingweight. The head sounds and feels great. 1st production Head I have not wanted to Hotmelt.

• Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Stealth+ 19* - Atmos Red 8X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7MC 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

M5 Head weights are coming in right at 196 without adapter. Same weights as M3 to tinker with Swingweight. The head sounds and feels great. 1st production Head I have not wanted to Hotmelt.

Any head that sounds pretty good without hotmelt only sounds that much better with it. G400LST was the same way.

Remember, hotmelt can cure cancer and end world hunger if used properly :taunt:

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

I hit the m5 driver and fairway last night on the range. They were really good. I felt like I could keep hitting the fairway forever.

I definitely recommend hitting it. Course the other guy on the range said he didnt like it.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

I hired the m5 driver and fairway last night on the range. They were really good. I felt like I could keep hitting the fairway forever.

I definitely recommend hitting it. Course the other guy on the range said he didnt like it.

What was the current rate?

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

I hired the m5 driver and fairway last night on the range. They were really good. I felt like I could keep hitting the fairway forever.

What was the current rate?

More expensive than a ...... for the night. Haha

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

M6 head weighs 193g and the M5 head weighs 196g without the loft sleeve. I weighed the demo heads we got in at my work.

I noticed that different trying them both in a same shaft.. M5 felt heavier then M6.

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

I’ve got some Global Golf rewards that have been burning a hole in my pocket and I’m really tempted to use them towards the M5 titanium 3 wood. Somebody convince me it’s a good idea...

It’s a very good idea. I’m predicting, by the end of the season it will be the most played FW on tour. It’s that good!

I hit it the other day and the sound and feel was incredible! I haven’t gamed a Ti FW since the r580, and this bad boy will be going in my bag before making a decision on the M5/M5 tour driver. I placed my pre-order today for the 3w 15* with the Pro 2.0 TS 8X. Should be a monster combo, if not shaft will go on BST and I’ll try and get my hands on a PO 80, PW 80 or DF 80. Looks like I should have it by Feb 8 or 9th. Let the waiting game begin.....

I had the r580 driver and 3 wood - my favorite driver I’ve owned. The only problem with Global Golf is that they have no shaft options. Usually they have a “custom” option but they list the Tensei Orange 75 as the only shaft. It’s not a huge issue because I’ll most likely put my trusty Rogue Black in it, but I was hoping to at least have options.

Here is one for...."TheMoneyShot"....

DRIVER:  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Here is one for...."TheMoneyShot"....

Birdie bob, the money shot has yet to respond, he might have drowned in his own drool!

Did Robinson say the fairway wood looked small? Looks a lot bigger compared to the m1 and m3

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!

DRIVER:  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope