2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

Does anyone know of a way to only order a driver or 3 wood club head? I’m not looking for new shafts and have no use for the no up charge options.

I've never known any OEM to just ship heads. Best bet is buy a popular stock no up-charge and then sell it for retail, or as close to as you can.

This ^^^

Or, wait until after the release and buy a head from eBay.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

Got to wring out the M5 today and I am truly impressed. The feel and sound reminded me of drivers from quite a few years past. Going back to my Rouge, hitting them back to back made me want to hit the M5 again.

I had the Tensei shaft in S. The 9.0 head with the weights all the way back and to either side. This gave me the most consistent launch and carry. Dispersion was exceptional and blew away my Rouge by a good margin.

As you can see by the numbers it was fairly high launching and spin was right about where it's just right for me. I did move the weights around some but it got a bit wild a times but boy did the spin numbers drop. Just solely based on dispersion this driver was a really good fit fornme. Even when I hit really low on the face and hit a screaming line drive I was not harshly penalized. I think both pictures of numbers have one of the low screamers. There are a few other shafts in the demo bag that I will try out but wow.... this one is going in the bag. 449232dc629de8a54c337b4059a95247.jpg3f85fadc48972f5a4e635c5048132127.jpg72da0f2dacc1f234d81fc6bb24ee6d1f.jpg

Looking at the 150% trade in, I have approximately $1068 worth of junk laying around. No where near me to really get fitted but would love some shaft suggestions. 105 Driver swing speed, fast transition. Usual miss is pull hook which a shaft won't help! I think I'll order 2 just to mess with shafts then sell one. Thanks!

Looking at the 150% trade in, I have approximately $1068 worth of junk laying around. No where near me to really get fitted but would love some shaft suggestions. 105 Driver swing speed, fast transition. Usual miss is pull hook which a shaft won't help! I think I'll order 2 just to mess with shafts then sell one. Thanks!

Do you want suggestions on any custom shaft that TM is offering or only on no cost upgrade shafts?

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Do you want suggestions on any custom shaft that TM is offering or only on no cost upgrade shafts?

No cost upgrades preferred

No cost upgrades preferred

I’d look at the Smoke 70 or the rogue silver 70. Also, if you don’t mind spending $50 extra the EFW T1100 65 is a great shaft or the EFB 65/75.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Would love if TM peeps can say when the M5 Tour reviews coming...So far nothing besides the stuff back in December

I don't think we will see M5 Tour reviews until after the official launch date. Everything I have, and even when I log into our ordering system, doesn't show availability until well after the launch date. In fact, I'm not seeing anything M5 Tour available until March. I'm sure there will be locations that receive stock M5 Tours for launch, so again, I don't expect reviews on that model until on or after launch date.

I had the Tensei shaft in S. The 9.0 head with the weights all the way back and to either side. This gave me the most consistent launch and carry. Dispersion was exceptional and blew away my Rouge by a good margin.

Those distance numbers look a little high based on launch and spin. Is the sim set at elevation?

Also, your launch height and spin are both higher than optimum. Have you tried lower lofted head which would bring down both without any swing changes? If you could drop launch somewhere between 12-13* and spin to 2300-2500rpm you'd pick up 5-10 yrds straight away. X Flex shaft would help too.

Those distance numbers look a little high based on launch and spin. Is the sim set at elevation?

Also, your launch height and spin are both higher than optimum. Have you tried lower lofted head which would bring down both without any swing changes? If you could drop launch somewhere between 12-13* and spin to 2300-2500rpm you'd pick up 5-10 yrds straight away. X Flex shaft would help too.

I'm heading over in a few minutes to try and fine tune things. We set up the flightscope last month over the phone with a tech so it should be ok

As a side note that was taken on E6 software. I will use the Fightscope Software today and that should give me the truest numbers. Either way the head to head with the Rouge was a big difference.

Well there wasnt an X fkex in the fitting bag so I went through a Hazardous Smoke S and that was too spinny. I tried an Atmos S flex and same result. Then I remembered there was an M3 with a Graphite Design Tour AD 7X in a bag out back. That was the ticket. Set the head to 9 and both weights up front. On the Flightscope software it was definitely not giving me bloated distance on the other combos and I did not equal what I had done yesterday on the E6 software. I took two pictures of back to back shots. Even not my best shots were still high 280 and low 290s. I was also getting the best smash factor by far with the X flex. f180a96b08adb9d66d387697d301b3c0.jpge574ab22fcef202e0b409eeaf61e0fc1.jpg

Would love if TM peeps can say when the M5 Tour reviews coming...So far nothing besides the stuff back in December

I don't think we will see M5 Tour reviews until after the official launch date. Everything I have, and even when I log into our ordering system, doesn't show availability until well after the launch date. In fact, I'm not seeing anything M5 Tour available until March. I'm sure there will be locations that receive stock M5 Tours for launch, so again, I don't expect reviews on that model until on or after launch date.

Will have to see what the custom order portal says after about feb 8th. That was the first shipping date. If it ends up being March that stinks.

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 230 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cleveland RTX Full Face 2 58/8 DG Spinner

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

That sucks to hear. I hope those heads are not back ordered..

A course in my area said they aren't getting 9° tour drivers until the second week of March.

I wonder why the tour heads are a month plus behind? Quality issues?

It's not quality issues and it isn't late. The date has been been March since it was announced. As I understand it, the design just wasn't finished until later in the process, so they had no chance to ramp up production to meet a launch date at the same time as M5/M6.

I know I've already mentioned this, but when TK3309 and I were out there in late November, we got to hit the only M5 Tour head the Kingdom had (and they had just gotten it). None of the Tour staff had even seen it yet. There aren't any reviews aside from the GolfTec one at the Kingdom because no one has them yet.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9.0, Ventus TR Blue 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), Ventus TR Red 7X, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

A course in my area said they aren't getting 9° tour drivers until the second week of March.

I wonder why the tour heads are a month plus behind? Quality issues?

It's not quality issues and it isn't late. The date has been been March since it was announced. As I understand it, the design just wasn't finished until later in the process, so they had no chance to ramp up production to meet a launch date at the same time as M5/M6.

I know I've already mentioned this, but when TK3309 and I were out there in late November, we got to hit the only M5 Tour head the Kingdom had (and they had just gotten it). None of the Tour staff had even seen it yet. There aren't any reviews aside from the GolfTec one at the Kingdom because no one has them yet.

They should have all been released at the same time.

Are you guys get the M5 or M6 for your 3 wood? What did you choose and why? Who was fitted or tried both?

I have a hot melt M4 3 wood tipped an inch which feels and sounds amazing so not upgrading that for a while. But I did try the rocket 3 wood and it goes farrrr...just felt a little small for my taste when I’m hitting a 14 degree club....

Did not try the M6 3 wood but I will next week when I go back to the store...have to try that Cobra F9 again....it was so nice too

Are you guys get the M5 or M6 for your 3 wood? What did you choose and why? Who was fitted or tried both?
I hit them both today. I liked the feel of the M5 a lot better. It was a solid, crushed it kind of feel. I felt as the M6 had a non descript sort of feel. Hard to explain actually. I could tell where on the head I hit the M5, couldnt really tell with the M6

It also didnt hurt that I hit the M5 almost 10 yards further.

TM says M5/6 standard length is 45.75".

Fine.

But, once and for all, how is that measured?

I've had people tell me it's from the grip butt to the point where the heel and sole meet.

I've had others tell me it's from the grip butt to the lowest point on the face.

Which is correct?????????

Both. TM recently moved to ground plane method in an attempt to get to an industry standard. So, ground plane for M5/M6 line.

AXiAvP.jpg

Not sure if this has been mentioned in the first 100 pages but...

Has anyone had a chance to hit the 14 degree M5 3 wood. I'd be interesting in turning it down to 12 degree as a go-to club when the big stick is playing up.

Near the end

http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry18435040

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9.0, Ventus TR Blue 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), Ventus TR Red 7X, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post