Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

Has anyone hit the M5 Tour yet? Any idea when the demos will be coming. Its this or Cobra for me.

I have the best ball speeds with this head.

See my earlier post.

Our club had first test drive in the country in December.

Beat my Tour issue M3 with all else equal.

There is just something about the smaller headed drivers. They seem to have a little more juice...

Has anyone hit the M5 Tour yet? Any idea when the demos will be coming. It’s this or Cobra for me.

I have the best ball speeds with this head.

See my earlier post.

Our club had first test drive in the country in December.

Beat my Tour issue M3 with all else equal.

There is just something about the smaller headed drivers. They seem to have a little more juice...

Hopefully man...with that discount I’ll order it regardless...

Has anyone hit the M5 Tour yet? Any idea when the demos will be coming. It’s this or Cobra for me.

I gave a long review back on around page 70-72 from my time at the The Kingdom with the M5 Tour. That’s what I ended up being fit into.

TaylorMade Stealth 2 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS Black 6.5

TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100

TaylorMade P770 4 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade P7MC 5-PW Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade MG Raw 52 & Hi-Toe 3 Raw 58 Dynamic Gold TI S400
TaylorMade Spider X Hydro Blast Slant Neck
Taylormade TP5x

Code from global golf didn’t work. I tried numerous new items.

I will try tm now

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 230 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cleveland RTX Full Face 2 58/8 DG Spinner

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

I found a way to order m5/m6 at 25-35% off

Will post in 3 hrs. Driving now

What what what???

Please share...

Globalgolf currently has 20% off pretty much everything. (code: twenty) and that's ON TOP of already discounted price.

https://www.globalgo.../used/iron-set/

I'll use AP1 718 as an example

$560 for value condition 8 piece. 10% off plus 20% means you pay total of $392

now there is 150% trade in bonus at tmag site. Currently Ap1 718 8 piece value is $400 + bonus = $600

You pay $392 and trade it in to get $600 worth of m5/m6 stuff. That's about 35% off. You can do this with pretty much anything but I've found newer iron sets are best deal.

Before sharing this info, I thought about whether I'm gaming the system but my conclusion was 'No', so I'm posting. If anyone find this uncomfortable, I'll erase it. There were some JERKS who bought from globalgolf and traded the same item to globalgolf when they had 150% trade in bonus. THAT IS WRONG and I hope those who did that rot in hell.

1. Globalgolf is advertising 20% off to promote their sales

2. Tmag is doing 150% bonus to pump up the number of m5/m6 sales

Result is this spectacular deal.

*Warning

*THERE IS NO REFUND ON CUSTOM ORDER. On the good side, because you're ordering from Tmag directly, you can pretty much order any spec.

*You have to spend MORE than your trade in value BEFORE TAX. (i.e. for above $600 trade in credit, I have to buy m5 driver and buy $50 more to go over $600. TAX DOES NOT COUNT toward trade in credit.

Man, that's a lot of rubbish just to get to the point...I had to rummage through all of what you posted just to figure out what the heck was going on...

To break.it down easy

1. Purchase a used iron set from global golf with the discounts they offer now (make sure they're included in the TM 150% trade in program)

2. Receive the irons from global golf

3. Trade the global.golf bought irons in for m5/m6 purchased through Taylormade.

You get the global golf discount on the irons then you get tm trade in surplus. You just have to pay for shipping on it all and manage timing of the two transactions.

Good find, work on that delivery though.

global golf 20% off code doesnt work on new TM clubs

Yeah, that's the confusing part from the poster's post. You're not buying the m5/6 from global.golf. You're buying something else from them (used iron set). Then you trade that iron set in on a purchase from tm on the m5/6.

That’s really working the system.....

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Yeah, that's the confusing part from the poster's post. You're not buying the m5/6 from global.golf. You're buying something else from them (used iron set). Then you trade that iron set in on a purchase from tm on the m5/6.

That’s really working the system.....

Some would say. What "system" though? These are 2 different entities with their own policies and their own systems. Some would call it effective bargaining...

That's really working the system.....

Some would say. What "system" though? These are 2 different entities with their own policies and their own systems. Some would call it effective bargaining...

Pretty good. too funny

Really want to game the "System"...… Go to AliExpress and order some PXG 0311P GEN2 black 8 set irons.... $410.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1728916-fake-pxg-gen2-irons/

Taylormade will give you …….wait for it...……...

$1980 OFF! on your trade-in order...……….for a set of these.

I have looked very carefully at those irons (I have a real deal set) and these FAKES are extremely difficult to tell from the real ones!

Can TM?

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Really want to game the "System"...… Go to AliExpress and order some PXG 0311P GEN2 black 8 set irons.... $410.

I have looked very carefully at those irons (I have a real deal set) and these FAKES are extremely difficult to tell from the real ones!

Can TM?

Well they will probably be on the lookout now, since TaylorMade posts in and reads these threads. Lol.

Can TM?

That's not gaming the system, that's fraud.

surprised to see many pushbacks but to each of its own I guess.

I haven't done Tmag trade in but most other sites give you return label if you trade in more than $100.

to those who does the deal, let me know if you received return label.

And I've purchased from GG many times, their value condition was more than acceptable for trade in.

Yes they send you a label and packing slip

If you plan on using this, I would be careful about posting details of it on here, lol. In case anyone is not aware, Global Value Commerce, the parent company of GlobalGolf, owns/operates GlobalGolf, 3balls, TaylorMade's trade-in program, and the trade-in side (and the Value Guide itself) of the PGA Value Guide. So actually you are kinda exploiting the same company here. But aside from that, if they happen to read this thread/post, you're very likely to see the trade in values change to adjust for this potential exploit.

I was very fortunate to be invited out to the TaylorMade 2019 Product Launch, along with jll62, to view the new lineup. It was a whirlwind 2 days that flew by. Our experience kicked off Wednesday night with the keynote presentation giving us the first glimpse at the new products. The following day was spent at the Kingdom and TaylorMade HQ. The morning consisted of a deep dive into the new products and Q&A with product development at The Kingdom. In the afternoon we were able to get our hands on the new product and start testing. Read along for my fitting experience.

EVERYBODY GETS FASTER. That is what TaylorMade is claiming with the 2019 M5 and M6. With manufacturing tolerances, it was very difficult to have every head at, or near the legal COR limit. It was just not possible. TaylorMade started asking themselves how they could live in the space between legal limit and “Tour Spicy Heads” and make every head as close to the legal limit as possible.

The way to get the heads as close to the legal limit as possible is to make the head illegal and then bring it back to conforming. To do that, resin is added behind the face to bring the club head back under the COR limit where the screws are on the face. The max amount inserted into a head is 1-2g, so it is a very minimal amount. This is NOT speed foam. With the COR limit being pushed to the limit, the sweet spot on the M5 and M6 drivers grew 66%.

The question was posed how durable the screws on the face are and if there would be any performance hindrances while making impact on the screws. TaylorMade tested the screws and there were no issues with durability and hitting it on the screws as opposed to hitting it anywhere else on the face. Also, Twist Face will again be incorporated in both the M5 and M6 drivers. The feedback and testing were so positive they do not see a driver that won’t have Twist Face technology moving forward.

DRIVING FITTING

I currently game a TaylorMade M3 9.5 with a Fujikura Motore Tour 7.2X set in the lower position. I prefer the lower setting because I like way the club sits at address. I was fit into the Motore Tour shaft a while back and have not found anything that has beat it out. My swing speed is 113, ball speed 165ish and my driver length off the tee is typically in the 285-295 yard range.

I initially wanted to try a couple other shafts besides the Atmos which is most comparable to my current shaft. I started with the M5 460 9.0 with the HZRDUS Smoke and the Pro Orange to start out. The M5 460 set up great and I really liked the matte black carbon finish on top. I was consistently getting numbers in the 165-167 ball speed range, but I could tell both shafts weren’t a fit for me.

I then switched into the Atmos 6X and I had a feeling this was going to be the right fit since I had been fit into my current setup for a while now. The first shot with the Atmos ball speed went up to 169 which was already a 4mph increase from my current setup. I was repeatedly getting 169mph ball speed and it became a fun game with the fitters trying to push to the 170mph ball speed mark. A few shots in I hit 170 ball speed, but my spin numbers were still a bit high. RPM was around 2600. We toyed with some of the weight configurations and settled on 1 weight completely up front and the other was in the way back toe for fade.

I have always been a bit of a high spin player, but I play the TP5 because I love the feel and spin around the green. The TP5 gives me the window I like to see with all my clubs and more of a lower flight. I was hitting all my initial shots with the 2019 TP5 and my fitters Joe and Tommy (awesome guys) said I need to give the TP5X more of a shot. I switched to the TP5X and was hitting 172 ball speed instantly! Total yardage of 300 yards and I was up 7mph at this point with just the combination of the 2019 ball and M5 head. The spin was in a respectable spot (2400 range) and launch at 13 degrees with the M5 460 9.0 but Joe insisted, “Hold on one second let me grab something”, and he came back 2 minutes later with a M5 Tour 9.0 head.

The M5 Tour is a 435cc head and it was the only one they had on site at The Kingdom. None of the Tour players had hit the M5 Tour at this point. Joe said, “Let’s try the M5 Tour to bring that spin down”. Until the original M1, I played a smaller headed driver for years. Right away looking down I thought it looked great. It is a compact, pear shaped head. It did look small after being used to the 460cc head for years now. First shot with the M5 Tour resulted in these numbers...

175 ball speed and spin down to 1939! Like I noted earlier I’m typically shy of 300 yards and can push it to 300 when I catch one perfectly. I have never seen numbers like this in my life and I’ve been fitted multiple times.

The M5 Tour has improved aerodynamics resulting in more speed and I saw the benefits instantly. My miss is typically low on the face too, so that is another positive for me with the M5 Tour head. I was worried about forgiveness, but I hit 15 shots with this setup to really test it and saw no downfall from forgiveness compared to the 460cc. I was repeatedly getting 174-175mph speed and spin in the 2000-2100 range.

In the matter of 30 minutes I went from my M3 with a very similar shaft (down from 7x to 6x though), new TP5X ball and the new M5 Tour head and gained 10mph ball speed! I know people might think that’s impossible saying I wasn’t optimized before, but I was darn close in my prior fittings. I would agree that the TP5 was a bad fit for me with the driver before. My shaft change was minimal, the new ball promoting ball speed is no joke (also tested with 6 irons and saw similar gains) and if you’re a high spin player, the M5 Tour head is a must try. I would attribute the M5 technology to a 3mph gain, M5 Tour head for 3mph, 2019 ball 2mph, and another 2mph with a touch lighter shaft.

The one negative I did see with both the M5 and M6 was the standard length coming in at 45.75”. All manufactures are moving to a longer stock shaft but I don’t think the average golfer needs a driver that long and can only be a hinderance. Make sure when getting fit, to get fit for the proper length.

FAIRWAY WOODS

Both the M5 and M6 fairway woods will have Twist Face technology. TaylorMade went through extensive testing to get the Twist Face correct as the fairway wood was a much different animal than the driver in getting the Twist Face correct. The driver incorporates one degree of twist in the face, the fairway woods will have 1.5 degrees of twist. The Twist Face in the fairways results in a reduction of 15 yards of left to right on shots hit off center.

The M5 line will feature a titanium head which I think will be a very welcome addition to the lineup. Along with the new titanium head the M5 3 wood will feature a new movable weight system which is a 65g steel movable weight. The movable weight makes up 30% of the total head weight. In the morning I held the weight not in the club and it’s incredible just how heavy it is. There are 7 different positions the weight can be moved to; neutral, 3 fade positions and 3 draw positions. The new M5 fairway line doesn’t have a HL option because the new titanium head promotes a higher launch. There will be a 14 degree (Rocket), 15 degree and an 18 degree option in the M5. The M6 will be avaialbe in 14 (Rocket), 15, 18, 21 and 24 degrees.

FAIRWAY WOOD TESTING

As I do with my driver, I play my fairway wood on the lower setting because I like the look of a more open club face at address. I currently play a M1 2017 HL set to lower so it’s at 15 degrees of loft. I started with the M5 3 wood 15 degree head set 2 clicks open to about 14 degree. At the start I moved the 65g weight all the way to the fade position just to test. My 2017 M1 has the weight one click toward fade. It was incredible how much influence the weight had on the shape of the shot. I hit a couple and they were all a slice. We moved it just to one click toward fade after that and it dialed in to about a 5 yard fade I liked to see. The amount of influence the new 65g weight is like nothing I have experienced with a club yet.

Right now, I hit my 3 wood 250 yards but I was seeing 260 yards consistently with the M5. I was very impressed with the feel, turf interaction and how straight I was hitting the M5 once the weight settings were adjusted. The only shaft available to me was a Tour AD-GP 7x which fit well for me, but I was surprised at how stout it was. It was an easy decision for me with the fairway as I knew right away I’d be getting a 15 degree M5 head and using my old Speeder 757 shaft that I’ve had in my fairway wood for years.

For fun my fitters Joe and Tommy said let’s try the Rocket head. It was a missile off the club. If you’re someone who likes to hit fairway woods off the tee and hit them better than drivers, the Rocket is the club to test. With the loft sleeve set to lower, I was seeing 272 yards carry and 286 yards total! For me personally that shot doesn’t fit into what I need in a 3 wood, but it was incredible the numbers I was seeing with a fairway wood.

It was a bit of a surprise seeing a $399 price tag for the M5 fairways. I wasn’t expecting a $100 increase and I can see how that could turn people off, but with the addition of Twist Face, a titanium head and the 65g movable it’s hard to offer that type of high end product without a price increase. Add in the 12 different loft sleeve adjustments and there isn’t another fairway wood on the market with this much adjustability. You won’t walk away disappointed from the M5 and M6 fairways after you test.

For my full review including the new TP5 and TP5X check it out here. https://community.ta...ience/ba-p/4878

(Updated link)

How did you think the forgiveness on the tour was?

Thread's been cleaned up. Please do not post about fraudulent schemes or other methods attempting to take advantage of the manufacturer.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade Qi10 15*, Hzrdus Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Qi10 Tour Rescue, GD AD-IZ 85S

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Odyssey TriHot 5k Seven CH, 35"

Thread's been cleaned up. Please do not post about fraudulent schemes or other methods attempting to take advantage of the manufacturer.

Thank you!

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")