2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

Hands down best m5 review will not be beat!!!!!

The tour players got the "spicy heads"

That's actually what TM called them in their presentation! This guy's delivery of the line might be better, though.

It could very well be the best review I have seen. I only watched a few minutes of it while I was busy with something else. So, I don't know if he presented good data along with his over the top commentary. But, I liked it. If he can deliver that excitement and meaningful data, I could really get into his videos.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

Pre-order and custom pre-order officially available on TM website

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Are there any published MOI values for the M5?

Skipped a generation and thinking of upgrading my 2017 M1, I’m not playing nearly enough as I’d like and as such I’m looking for something to tighten up dispersion (not worried about gaining distance)

Very close to going for G400 LST/Max but picked up an M5 today and it looks very nice from the top!!....it’s just an extra £100!!!

Tough choice this year. I just hit all the new lineups except Mizuno and Ping 410. M5 felt good. Should've brought my M4 to compare.

But that Cobra F9....OMG

So I hit the M5/M6 today in store. That was the drivers that I was really curious about vs my F9. Looks, feel and sound are all awesome on the M5/M6. They really nailed that for sure!! Stock length on them are 45.75 so that was definitely a turn off. I choked up and hit some really good shots. Luckily they had my exact Cobra F9 set up 10.5 with HZRDUS Smoke. Hit two shots and absolutely killed the second shot 20 yards further with the F9. Swingweight and shaft length just felt perfect to me it was really noticeable going from Taylormade to Cobra. I am sure the M5/M6 are great I just wish they had better demo shafts seems like the Atmos Orange and Evenflow Max Carry I hit were watered down "made for" shafts. I need to try the M5 with HZRDUS for an even comparison. No conclusions drawn other than they are both excellent drivers and my F9 is still awesome!

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

Hit the M5 briefly today on a sim. I used my Tensei Pro Orange shaft from my M3 Gamer. I loved the look, sound, and feel. However, I was seeing spin numbers off the charts. In the 6000’s and averaging like 5500 over 10 swings. Made no sense as I hit up on the ball a decent amount too. I messed with the weights but no difference. Ball speeds were 175-177 but only like 250 carry lol My M3 440 usually spins around 3000 so I was double my normal spin rate with the M5. That was a real bummer for me.

Ok so the annual “shaft tipping rant “ I have done for you guys. TM has decide to tip all custom orders 1 inch because of this shaft adapter BS reasoning. You have to select “ soft” 1 inch to avoid it. Note to the Kingdom, when Aldila or Mitsubishi clearly say no tipping is required for a driver shaft , this applies to all adjustable drivers. It’s not like there is some magical two tiered system. Their website specs do not care about the TM adapter, otherwise they would have stated so. It should be zero tipping, period, for every manufacturer. I love a Taylor Made , but Brian do away with this silly standard practice please.

Sincerely a recovering tipoholic. My story begins with a tipped M1 430 rogue 70x circa 4 years ago. Many worms sacrificed their lives for a 224 yard low slice that resulted from an unknown shaft tipping

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cobra Snakebite 23 V 58 Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Tough choice this year. I just hit all the new lineups except Mizuno and Ping 410. M5 felt good. Should've brought my M4 to compare.

But that Cobra F9....OMG

So I hit the M5/M6 today in store. That was the drivers that I was really curious about vs my F9. Looks, feel and sound are all awesome on the M5/M6. They really nailed that for sure!! Stock length on them are 45.75 so that was definitely a turn off. I choked up and hit some really good shots. Luckily they had my exact Cobra F9 set up 10.5 with HZRDUS Smoke. Hit two shots and absolutely killed the second shot 20 yards further with the F9. Swingweight and shaft length just felt perfect to me it was really noticeable going from Taylormade to Cobra. I am sure the M5/M6 are great I just wish they had better demo shafts seems like the Atmos Orange and Evenflow Max Carry I hit were watered down "made for" shafts. I need to try the M5 with HZRDUS for an even comparison. No conclusions drawn other than they are both excellent drivers and my F9 is still awesome!

In store testing focusing on F9 vs M5/M6:

M5/M6 9 degree HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5 choked up 1.5 inches

Cobra F9 Std HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5 choked up 1.5 inches

Cobra felt better and had higher clubhead/ballspeed numbers for me...ball just took off..actually felt aerodynamic...no joke. And I’m Not saying M5/M6 didn’t feel or look good bc they really did.

Verdict?? Not sure bc I have 3 Taylormade shafts and I like my M4 a ton...was trying to stay within the brand...it could be me but the Smoke shaft was really spinning too much for me compared to my whiteboard or ADDI 7X. I averaged 3000 spin on most shots. Best ones were 2200 range with 300 carry.

Hit the M5 briefly today on a sim. I used my Tensei Pro Orange shaft from my M3 Gamer. I loved the look, sound, and feel. However, I was seeing spin numbers off the charts. In the 6000’s and averaging like 5500 over 10 swings. Made no sense as I hit up on the ball a decent amount too. I messed with the weights but no difference. Ball speeds were 175-177 but only like 250 carry lol My M3 440 usually spins around 3000 so I was double my normal spin rate with the M5. That was a real bummer for me.

I could barely get below 3000... but it could’ve been the shaft bc I usually use a 0.5inch tipped whiteboard vs stock HZRDUS smoke. My spin usually averages 2600 on a trackman.

I demo

M6 Fairway

I demo-ed after seeing that review. Holy crap. The sound and feel is FANTASTIC.

and it is forgiving compared to m3 I have.

time to wait for ebay 10% coupon

Good selection...must be fine wood if Rory has it in the bag!

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Ok so the annual “shaft tipping rant “ I have done for you guys. TM has decide to tip all custom orders 1 inch because of this shaft adapter BS reasoning. You have to select “ soft” 1 inch to avoid it. Note to the Kingdom, when Aldila or Mitsubishi clearly say no tipping is required for a driver shaft , this applies to all adjustable drivers. It’s not like there is some magical two tiered system. Their website specs do not care about the TM adapter, otherwise they would have stated so. It should be zero tipping, period, for every manufacturer. I love a Taylor Made , but Brian do away with this silly standard practice please.

Sincerely a recovering tipoholic. My story begins with a tipped M1 430 rogue 70x circa 4 years ago. Many worms sacrificed their lives for a 224 yard low slice that resulted from an unknown shaft tipping

Are you 100% sure that all custom orders are tipped 1”? TM please chime in on this....

Are you 100% sure that all custom orders are tipped 1”? TM please chime in on this....

Go to their site. Select your custom shaft and if you have the option to order it 1" soft, that means they plan on tipping it an inch otherwise.

I got burned on this on a 2016 M2. What I got vs what I demoed were two completely different feeling shafts. Their demoes were from a gen or two earlier. I was fine with it as I intended to swap shafts anyhow.

Last I recall, it wasn't even really consistent. It's been a while since I looked into it, but I want to say some were and some weren't. It depended on shaft? It's worth a call or email for confirmation if you are concerned.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

No one can be 100% sure, but all the anecdotal evidence suggests that it's accurate. For me personally, every custom shop order I've ever made has been tipped 1" unless I specified something else. The fact that you can go softer (up to 1") seemingly verifies this as well. I've ordered a club with tip trim that was 1" soft and it matched the expected tip to graphics measurement for an untipped shaft. Best just to assume it's fact at this point.

One note, when I was ordering my M5 Rocket 3 this morning I noticed that you couldn't go softer for tip trim on the fairway shaft. You only had standard tip trim, to which you could add more. When I configured a a couple of drivers for fun, the option to have less tip trim was still there.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9.0, Ventus TR Blue 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), Ventus TR Red 7X, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

Got to hit the new drivers today indoors on a Trackman 4 and initial testing proved to me that the speed is there and the shape and sound is awesome.

M6 worked better for me, it gave me better more optimal numbers. Gained around 4mph ballspeed compared to my M4. 2017 Pro V1 as the ball.

M5 I got slower swing speeds for some reason, but the sound is really nice. And the spin was lowwwww, got few 1800 (calculated) and that's not enough for me, need 2000+. The 460cc head looks compact, wonder how small the M5 Tour will be. In the pic M5 460 vs M4.

Got to test in a few shafts and my gamer also but in the end winter swing was providing very inconsistent strikes, so wont take too much from it.. All in all left a very good feel hitting the demo heads, price is mad high here in Europe, M5 is 599€ = $680 and M6 is $600. So not sure is the 4mph and new looks worth the money..

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

No one can be 100% sure, but all the anecdotal evidence suggests that it's accurate. For me personally, every custom shop order I've ever made has been tipped 1" unless I specified something else. The fact that you can go softer (up to 1") seemingly verifies this as well. I've ordered a club with tip trim that was 1" soft and it matched the expected tip to graphics measurement for an untipped shaft. Best just to assume it's fact at this point.

One note, when I was ordering my M5 Rocket 3 this morning I noticed that you couldn't go softer for tip trim on the fairway shaft. You only had standard tip trim, to which you could add more. When I configured a a couple of drivers for fun, the option to have less tip trim was still there.

Good to know. I’ll have to check that out when I order my M5. What shaft did you go with for your rocket 3?

Good to know. I’ll have to check that out when I order my M5. What shaft did you go with for your rocket 3?

I just ordered it with something in a weight similar to what I'll likely be playing. I'm testing a Pro White 70S and a Tour AD GP-7s in my current FW (a M3 T3), and assume I'll be using one of those options in the Rocket.

TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

Yes what you experienced when ordering a 3 wood makes 100% sense. Aldila and most other shaft companies recommend you tip 1 inch for a fairway wood install. The standard Taylormade custom web selection of not letting you tip = the 1inch tip the mfg recommends.

Btw I’m just happy to be able to order “1 inch soft”

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Got to hit the new drivers today indoors on a Trackman 4 and initial testing proved to me that the speed is there and the shape and sound is awesome.

M6 worked better for me, it gave me better more optimal numbers. Gained around 4mph ballspeed compared to my M4. 2017 Pro V1 as the ball.

M5 I got slower swing speeds for some reason, but the sound is really nice. And the spin was lowwwww, got few 1800 (calculated) and that's not enough for me, need 2000+. The 460cc head looks compact, wonder how small the M5 Tour will be. In the pic M5 460 vs M4.

Got to test in a few shafts and my gamer also but in the end winter swing was providing very inconsistent strikes, so wont take too much from it.. All in all left a very good feel hitting the demo heads, price is mad high here in Europe, M5 is 599¤ = $680 and M6 is $600. So not sure is the 4mph and new looks worth the money..

I am going 10.5 tour when I order. 9 degrees and I’ll be hurting worms again.

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Confirmed.

Yes what you experienced when ordering a 3 wood makes 100% sense. Aldila and most other shaft companies recommend you tip 1 inch for a fairway wood install. The standard Taylormade custom web selection of not letting you tip = the 1inch tip the mfg recommends.

Btw I’m just happy to be able to order “1 inch soft”

Most shaft manufacturers recommend 0.5" tip trim for 3w, 1.0" for 5w (e.g., Mitsu, True Temper, GD). That's why I was surprised I couldn't change from the standard tip trim when configuring a 3w in the custom shop. I believe I was able to do that in the past.

And yes, I'm happy I can order "1 inch soft" when configuring drivers. I've had my share of bad experiences with 1" tip trim before I finally realized what was going on.

TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

Curious thing about this evolution. I called Taylormade today and told them I would like the shaft trimmed a half inch and I wanted hot melt to make up the loss of material for the head to get back to D3. The lady on the phone legitimately told me she can't help at all. How the hell can you offer a custom club setup and then not offer to accommodate a certain swing weight? Not even put lead tape on the head?

Taylormade made me wonder about that.

Curious thing about this evolution. I called Taylormade today and told them I would like the shaft trimmed a half inch and I wanted hot melt to make up the loss of material for the head to get back to D3. The lady on the phone legitimately told me she can't help at all. How the hell can you offer a custom club setup and then not offer to accommodate a certain swing weight? Not even put lead tape on the head?

And this is why places like Club Champion and other custom fitters are in business. The club builders I use alway get my specs bang on! If I ask for a driver head to be hotmelted to a specific weight, they get it spot on. They even text pics of the clubhead on the scale after they hotmelt it.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

And this is why places like Club Champion and other custom fitters are in business. The club builders I use alway get my specs bang on! If I ask for a driver head to be hotmelted to a specific weight, they get it spot on. They even text pics of the clubhead on the scale after they hotmelt it.

That's good. I'm glad they're hooking you up. Here is the thing, I am dealing directly with TM on this and I get it. They're busy. But, I'm not asking for the world here.

I'll bring the club to my local spot to get the swingweight re-checked and adjusted but, I shouldn't have to. TM should be paying for that, in my mind. That is a part of the custom order, in my mind.

But TM has never adjusted SW on custom orders. This isn’t new.

My M6 driver with no upcharge shaft cut to my desired length and SW is the same price as what TM charge without the SW adjustment.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

that's why I never bought P730 irons last year.

why I had problems getting my driver set up!

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217